Problem installing free trial of Office 07

My Dad's just bought a new laptop and with it comes a free 60-day trial of
Microsoft Office 2007. However, when he clicks on it, he simply gets a
message telling him "You are not authorised to view this page - HTTP error
401.2: Unauthorised, access is denied due to server configuration." What does
this mean, and how do we correct it and download the free trial?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Try this URL:

http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/default.aspx

BTW, This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product.
The Microsoft website may have misdirected you.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"The_Void" <The_Void@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Dad's just bought a new laptop and with it comes a free 60-day trial of
> Microsoft Office 2007. However, when he clicks on it, he simply gets a
> message telling him "You are not authorised to view this page - HTTP error
> 401.2: Unauthorised, access is denied due to server configuration." What
> does
> this mean, and how do we correct it and download the free trial?

0
Arvin

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Problem with CFTPConnection

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Inconsistent Free/Busy information
When booking appointments I am seeing the following problem: When I view someone's free/busy information the graph that represents the meetings does not reflect what is in the calendar. But when I mouse over the graph (for example a blue line representing a meeting from 10am - 11am) I do see the correct time in the mouse over pop up window. So a meeting from 10am - 11am represented by a graph line from 10am -10:30am when mouse'd over would correctly show the meeting as being from 10am - 11am. This is causing a small amount of havoc for my user community because when they s...

Re-install Outlook 2002

Office 2007 forms

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

Estimated Revenue of an Opportunity 03-09-07
Hi folks, It would be very useful to be able to simply quote an amount for an Opportunity without having to break the amount down into individual products. This can be done through the Estimated Revenue field of an Opportunity. When it is set to be user provided, the estimated revenue is not carried over automatically when a related quote is created. Write-in products can be added to a Quote, Order or Invoice to achieve that functionality but as far as I can see there is no facility to achieve the same thing with an Opportunity. Basically I would like to set an Estimated Revenue valu...

Congratulations! This has been a MEB-free newsgroup for 4 weeks.
We all deserve a pat on the back. This has been a MEB-free workplace for over 4 weeks - practically the entire month of June. As Microsoft turns off it's usenet server and removes this newsgroup from it's server, we have seen the last of Maurice Edward Brahier and as this group continues to exist outside of Microsoft we will never again see him post to this group. The fact that he has been a fraud and not a real user of Windows 98 for many months if not years probably has something to do with that. His incoherent and rambling posts, written in a particularly obtuse form ...

Office installation and Windows 7

office don't remember to Provide feedback with sound
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3346246767_13130669 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Has any body else have this problem? Every time I start an office 2008 application I have to mark the �provide feedback with sound� in the preferences again. Office apps mysteriously uncheck this option on their own. I remember this from 2004 and from X as well. Any one have any clue to why this is happening? Please Cc the answ...

Free Commentaries on the Gold Market
The Elliot Research Institute, the premier site for gold news, knowledge, and research is proud to introduce the latest set of research books on the gold markets. http://www.elliotresearch.com/ Get the Latest Newsletters from the Leading Commentators with Proven Experience in Understanding, Forecasting, and Profiting from the Gold Market. New Books include: -How to Forecast Gold and Silver Using the Wave Principle -View from the Top of the Grand Supercycle -Market Analysis for the New Millennium DIRECT FROM THE LEADING EXPERTS OF ELLIOT WAVE THEORY APPLICATION. http://www.elliotresearc...

request to solve my problem #5

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

Install ActiveX on Windows XP / IE8
Hi, I created a non-admin installation package to take advantage of the new IE8 features to deploy my ActiveX control. It works perfectly on Windows Vista+ but not on Windows XP (the yellow bar is never displayed). Here is the content of my INF file: [version] signature="$CHICAGO$" AdvancedINF=2.0 [Add.Code] DbCtrlEx.ocx=DbCtrlEx.ocx [Deployment] InstallScope=user [DbCtrlEx.ocx] file-win32-x86=thiscab clsid={97012969-FEFB-4F8F-A03C-67F83D139E8F} RegisterServer=yes FileVersion=1,0,0,1 RedirectToHKCU=yes If I remove the Deployment section it works...

Root Business Unit Disabled 10-07-05
I inadvertently disabled the root business unit. Now I cannot log in as the administrator was member of the same unit. How do I re-enable this? go into the database and find the table called businessunitbase - then look at the field called isdisabled. You will probably find this is set to 1. try set it to 0 then see if you can logon. Make sure you backup the database before doing this "ril" <ril@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCC43C2F-F109-49BE-A4AC-287AFE0F4D93@microsoft.com... >I inadvertently disabled the root business unit. Now I cannot log in a...