printing import specs

is there anyway to print the Import Specs i have in Access 2000?

i'm importing a table using specs (fixed length) and someone needs to see
the specs.
what is the easiest way to get them to him?

TIA
Ted

0
Ted
10/15/2007 6:57:43 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

MSysIMEXSpecs & MSysIMEXColumns
are the tables involved
I've unfortunatelly lost the code I used to document them, though (ie
DataType translations)

Pieter

"Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message
> is there anyway to print the Import Specs i have in Access 2000?
>
> i'm importing a table using specs (fixed length) and someone needs to see
> the specs.
> what is the easiest way to get them to him?
>
> TIA
> Ted

0
Pieter
10/15/2007 7:29:25 PM
awesome! thats exactly what i was looking for. thanks!

"Pieter Wijnen"
<it.isi.llegal.to.send.unsollicited.mail.wijnen.nospam.please@online.replace.with.norway>
wrote in message news:OYt8%23F2DIHA.3848@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> MSysIMEXSpecs & MSysIMEXColumns
> are the tables involved
> I've unfortunatelly lost the code I used to document them, though (ie
> DataType translations)
>
> Pieter
>

> "Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message
>> is there anyway to print the Import Specs i have in Access 2000?
>>
>> i'm importing a table using specs (fixed length) and someone needs to see
>> the specs.
>> what is the easiest way to get them to him?
>>
>> TIA
>> Ted

0
Ted
10/16/2007 12:38:42 PM
Another option- If you open the import spec in advanced mode, you can select
all the rows and columns with the square at the top left. Ctrl-C to copy the
displayed spec and then paste it into an Excel sheet.

"Pieter Wijnen"
<it.isi.llegal.to.send.unsollicited.mail.wijnen.nospam.please@online.replace.with.norway>
wrote in message news:OYt8%23F2DIHA.3848@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> MSysIMEXSpecs & MSysIMEXColumns
> are the tables involved
> I've unfortunatelly lost the code I used to document them, though (ie
> DataType translations)
>
> Pieter
>

> "Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message
>> is there anyway to print the Import Specs i have in Access 2000?
>>
>> i'm importing a table using specs (fixed length) and someone needs to see
>> the specs.
>> what is the easiest way to get them to him?

0
Paul
10/16/2007 6:54:09 PM
great thanks for the tip...i appreciate that

"Paul Shapiro" <paul@hideme.broadwayData.com> wrote in message
> Another option- If you open the import spec in advanced mode, you can
> select all the rows and columns with the square at the top left. Ctrl-C to
> copy the displayed spec and then paste it into an Excel sheet.
>
> "Pieter Wijnen"
> <it.isi.llegal.to.send.unsollicited.mail.wijnen.nospam.please@online.replace.with.norway>
> wrote in message news:OYt8%23F2DIHA.3848@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> MSysIMEXSpecs & MSysIMEXColumns
>> are the tables involved
>> I've unfortunatelly lost the code I used to document them, though (ie
>> DataType translations)
>>
>> Pieter
>>

>> "Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message
>>> is there anyway to print the Import Specs i have in Access 2000?
>>>
>>> i'm importing a table using specs (fixed length) and someone needs to
>>> see the specs.
>>> what is the easiest way to get them to him?

0
Ted

Importing WLM Messages
I recently converted from Win 7 RC to Win 7 Pro, before I wiped my drive I exported all of my information. When I began the import process everything went smooth. Contacts, accounts, favs, cookies ect. all came over without a problem, however my messages will not import. I get an error that says: "No messages can be found in the folder or another application is running that has required files open....." I have nothing else open and when I manually go into the directory I can open the messages one at a time. However they are in no order and it very hard to fin...

Defaults on Print Sales Documents screen
Is there a way to set defaults on the boxes selected under the Picking Ticket column on the Print Sales Documents screen? Currently when we open the screen, we have to select which boxes to tick and since we always select the same boxes we wondered if there was a way to have them default when the screen is opened so we don't have to click each time. We want the "Picking Ticket Per Site" box, the "Include Kit Components" box and the "Bin Sequenced" box selected as default values. Thanks!! LMG, You can accomplish this with a small VBA customization, b...

Import/export custom attributes
I have something that is driving me nuts. I need to import a custom attribute for 600 plus users and then also modify these from time to time. Right now I just need to do the bulk import. I have the user names in a spreadsheet with this ID and it is unique to the user. I need to import that into the AD for everyone. I have looked everywhere and can't figure out how to do it. I am USELESS at scripting with VB, and I tried running some csvde queries but not much luck. can someone help?? thanks!! ...

Amount in words to be printed on the invoice
Hi Mates, I need to print the invoice amount in words in MRMS 2.0 Any suggestions Thanks this is available through Microsoft. check out the following site: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms_reportslibrary.htm "RK" wrote: > Hi Mates, > > I need to print the invoice amount in words in MRMS 2.0 > > Any suggestions > > Thanks ...

Printing
Hope you folks can help me out with a strange one. I have several worksheets formatted in exactly the same way as follows: Col A - width 4 Col B - hidden Col C - width 4 Col D - Width 108 Col E - Width 3 Col F - Width 11 Col G - Hidden Col H - Width 11 & Empty My print range should be Cols A:G (I have used page setup to set the scaling to fit 1 page wide by [blank] pages tall, thus each sheet will print as many pages as required depending on number of rows] When I have the print range set to A:G only columns A:E show on the print preview (and also on the actual print out) and when I m...

Entourage 2008 DAILY calendar crashes once I hit the print button
Every time I attempt to print my DAILY calendar it crashes. The weekly calendar prints okay. I've run Repair Permissions and restarted Entourage again and again. Below is the Error Report I receive whenever I try to print daily calendar: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2010-03-14 14:12:44 -0400 Application Name: Microsoft Entourage Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Entourage Application Signature: OPIM Application Version: 12.2.4.100205 Crashed Module Name: Microsoft Entourage Crashed Module Version: 12...

Importing contacts to Outlook XP
I need to be able to export Contacts from one outolook profile to another one. But, when I do so instead of replacing the ones that are old, it creates another one. So my question is: What does Outlook considers when it replaces the contact list that you import with the one that is already there? Even when i select "Replace Duplicates with item imported" still creates a double contact with the new information. Any help really apreciated! ...

How to print a graph of x=y at 45 degrees
How can I make it appear correctly on paper? Gordon, Set up two sets of points: 0 0 1, 1 Plot them with an x-y scatter chart, line style. Set the x and y axis scales the same, if necessary, to get the resulting plot to be at 45�. Print it, and hope for the best. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "gordon158" <gordon158@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C5B1255-334F-41A3-A5E5-55516CFABA6A@microsoft.com... > How can I make it appear correctly on paper? ...

label printing
There should be a way to print labels from all P.O. being received the same day. to avoid wasting labels. ...

Importing data from other files
I�m new to Excel so I don�t know if this is really easy to do. I need to collect data from maybe 1000 different statistic excel files. They are all similar in structure and looks, but ofcourse they contain different numbers. Now I need to collect the data from a certain row and column from the group of files and make some calculation to present statistic data in a new Excel document. This brings to questions up to light: 1. How do I do to get the data into the new sheet if it's for example position G25 in every single source file? 2. Is it possible to "flag" a different posit...

Separate transactions being merged when importing QIF file
I downloaded a QIF file from my bank dating back to 01/01/2004. When I imported this file into Money 2005 the balance was way off compared to the bank's website. In comparing each tranaction I noticed some were missing in Money. Each group of missing transactions were all on the same day and for the same amount. Also, for each group one transaction would be in Money and the others missing (ex. There are 5 transactions according to the bank but only 1 shows in Money). I opened the QIF file in Notepad and can see the multiple transactions that were missing in Money. Based on this info...

Insert Acount# in the PO print
Can some one please let me know where I should place this variable: "PurchaseOrder.Supplier.AccountNumber" in the PO.xml file I woud like to be able to print the Acount # in the PO Thank you jm wrote: > Can some one please let me know where I should place this variable: > "PurchaseOrder.Supplier.AccountNumber" in the PO.xml file > I woud like to be able to print the Acount # in the PO > Thank you > Into receipt header? Open your XML.. and find field date of receipt.. but why you have no AccountNumber into your PO.xml ? Antonio Thank you for a...

Printing a worksheet on 11x17 paper
I want to print a worksheet on 11x17 paper. When I try to change to that paper size in print options, there is no size like that available. What do I do??? thank you for your help in this matter. Katie It's the printer that decides that.. Do you have that option on the printer it should be available in Excel -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Katie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9fca01c4345c$bcdca970$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to print a worksheet on 11x17 paper. When I try > to change to that paper size in print options, there is ...

Printing #2
I understand that NLQ printing is default in windows. Is there any way one can get a quick draft print of excel reports on a dot matrix printer by changing the printer driver or fonts for instance? Thank you. Hiren, I'm not sure about this setting, but try "Draft quality" in File - Page setup - Sheet. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net President Bush on sovereignty: http://www.tastefullystated.com/sovereignty.wmv ------------------------------------------- "Hiren Shah" <hiren_shah50@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:054901c4961...

Import Print Shop files into MS Publisher
Is there any way to import files created in Print Shop into MS Publisher? I need to convert all of my old(er) Print Shop files and am not sure how to accomplish that. Thanks in advance for any info and help. Sigrid What kind of files are you talking about...images? If so, then probably yes, just export (or save) them as standard graphic files. Are you talking about Broderbund's Print Shop? You need to explain exactly what you are trying to do, and what is/is-not happening when you try. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web ...

How do I import old Publisher files? #2
I was told to turn off Norton, can you help me? ...

money 2002
In microsoft money - I can no longer print checks - I keep getting the error message "there are no accounts with checks to be printed" - I printed microsoft knowledge ase article 313373 with gives me a resolution that is either incorrect or that I'm not going correctly. Help! If you have more checks to print does it want to print them? See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q91. "Marcia R" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:019701c3b14a$bc496a10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In microsoft money - I can no longer print checks - I > keep get...

Print individual forms
I have created a form with several subforms in it. The form contains the same information for a number of different individuals. I would like to print the form for each individual separately. When i try to print it, if prints out the information for all the individuals. How do i do this. I have attached a screen shot of the first page of the form. The problem is that forms are used for user interface, and have things like buttons, radio controls etc. that often hinders the ability to print a form. furthermore you'll often find that the form has background sheeting, and I can waste...

import Qif file
Hello When I export account data to Qif file I get a file with this records for every transaction: ^ D21/01'2008 (date) Mcheck Order (Memo) T-100.00 (Amount) N12345 (Number) PMy Bank (Pay to) LBank Service Charges (Category) ^ If I import the same file, microsoft money don't import the L(Category) from the Qif file. Is it possible to tell microsoft money to import also the Category? Thanks ...

I imported messages from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002
I used the export option in Outlook Express to get my old messages/folders to OUtlook... However, I cannot delete any of the messages. It gives me a "Messaging Interface has returned an unknown error...if continues restart Outlook"... I have an I still can't get rid of them. MTB <MTB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I used the export option in Outlook Express to get my old > messages/folders to OUtlook... However, I cannot delete any of the > messages. It gives me a "Messaging Interface has returned an unknown > error...if continues restart Outloo...

Catalog Printing
I'm not sure how, but the way my catalog is printing changed. The pages are no longer in order. Is there any way to change it back so that when I print they are back to normal? ...

Printing Barcodes for Vouchers
When I print a barcode for a voucher & choose one of the serialized items assigned to it, I get a barcode I cannot scan and it appears to be the same barcode no matter which serialized item I choose to print. I'm using 128B, the same format I use for all other items. What am I missing here? Thanks, Richard I think I see the issue: the barcode is printed as whatever is entered in the the Item Lookup Code field. If this is the case, how are barcodes printed for serialized items ... in this case, gift cards? "Richard" wrote: > When I print a barcode for a voucher &a...

Imported Visual Basic Module
I've imported a module into visual basic editor and have saved it, but can't seem to pull up the macros in excel. thanks. You mean they don't show up in a list of Macros? Maybe it is a Class Module or all macros within the module are Private Private Sub hello_macro() MsgBox "hello" End Sub Will not be listed in Tools>Macro>Macros You can access by typing the macroname and "Run" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 13:02:02 -0800, Pat Adams <PatAdams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've imported a modul...

printing tent cards
I have been sent tent cards that are printing out different names on each side rather than same name on both sides. Is there a setting that I am missing? Publisher 2003 printing to Xerox 6100 ( PSlevel3) Settings in Page Setup: Folded Card; Tent Card; W=11" H=4.25" Orientation Landscape Printer Setup: Letter sized Landscape It prints- just 2 pages per sheet. It also pdfs that way, so I am assuming it is a Publsiher setting. I fought with this previously and only came up with making 2 consecutive pages identical. This file is 45 pages long. There has to be a better way! Are yo...

import 11-01-06
Hi I have a problem When I import data from CSV file there is no data appears and am view bulk import And see the status reason (pending) No of success is (0) No of fail is (0) Please I need the solution as soon possible Thanks try switch your workflow service to use eithre local system or network service account and restart the service and try again ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "abboushi" <abboushi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F896C91-68D8-45B7-8BC4-B48E872B0329@microsoft.com... >...