Printing a subform with a form

I have designed a receipt that generates information from a table and addedthat as a subform.  I also created a new form for currency and data entry.When I try to print these to forms on the same page, I only see the subformand not the form that was created.  What am I doing wrong?  How can I printboth subform and form as one record at a time?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Link pop up form data with main form data
I have a main form with a block of data that cannot be edited. This is what I want to happen. I have the block of data when Dbl clicked it will open a smaller pop up form with the data block in it. This can be edited. The problem is even if I change my record on the main form and Dbl click the data block the smaller pop up opens only to the first record. I want to be able to open the smaller pop up to edit the data I am currently on. Thanks for any help. Have a way to uniquely identify the block of data you want. Very often this is the primary key of the containing the ...

Displaying Results on a Form
I have a query that returns the number of guests who have ordered a breakfast, lunch or dinner based on a combo box on form "MealCounts". Instead of displaying the query however, I would like the count to show up in another textbox on my form when the selection in the combo box is changed. For instance, if three people have ordered breakfast, and the user clicks on the combo box and selects "Breakfast", I want the count, 3 in this case, to show up in another text box on the form. How can I do this? Use the DCount function as the control source of the text box. The fi...

Help Please
I have a: MainForm = record source "tblProject Staffing Resources". On the MainForm there are 4 comboxes: ProjectID = row source "qryProjectID Discipline Name = row source "qryDisciplineName" Section Number = row source "qrySectionNumber" Last Name = row source "qryLastName" There is also a select button and a clear button. Once a selection is made from one or a combination of combo boxes the select button is clicked and the results display in a subform = record source "SELECT [tblProject Staffing Resources].ProjectID, [tblProject Staffing...

How under the insertion pulls in the excel form tabulates the fram
How under the insertion pulls in the excel form tabulates the frameļ¼Ÿ ...

Form Resizing
How can I have a form open in exactly the same sizing as it was last saved in. I have set the forms format property "Auto Resize" to No but I have noticed that the form still opens slightly smaller than how I set it initially. How can I prevent this from happening??? I am using Access 2003. Patrick I'd try turning on AutoResize. If that doesn't work, try using: DoCmd.MoveSize Right, Down, Width, Height to place and size the form. Measurements are in twips (1440 twips to the inch) -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www...

Resize 2 Forms at Once Like HTML Frames
I'm envisioning an application with 2 forms filling up the screen, one on top of the other. The user could drag in the middle to resize both simultaneously just as you would a website with 2 frames. How can I do this? -- Thanks for helping. Paul C Put code in the Resize events of both forms, referring to each other. If the Width of FormA decreases by a certain amount, increase the Width of FormB and so on. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <pcross29@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193091694.809588.65440@y27g2000pre.googlegro...

Message deleted from Outlook Inbox when printing
One of our users when selecting or opening a message from outlook 2000 inbox the message deletes and is unable to be found. The message is not in deleted items and there are no rules setup that would cause this issue. Is there anything else that I should check? Thanks! Neil Filter? Maybe the view is filtered down to only show unread messages, so once they've read it, it looks like it's disappeared, but it's still there, just not shown. Try View >> Current View > Messages OR View >> Current View > Customize Current View. Click Filter button and remove an...

Graphs on Forms
I am having a problem getting a graph to display the variables along the right axes. The graph sits on a form which is linked to a parent query. The graph's information comes from a separate crosstab query that is linked to the form via fields from the parent query. The graph fields are day (horizontal axis), race time (Y-axis) and race distance (series field). Unfortunately MS Graph automatically plots the day field as series and the race distance on the X-axis despite the fact that in the crosstab query, I have assigned 'day' as a column heading, 'race distance' as ...

Using a VBA forms text box to show the filename path
Hi, I want that when i launch my userform the activesheet saved location i shown in a text box (textbox1) How can this be done? cheers stev -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you mean that you want the saved location of the workbook to b displayed? If so, use the following. TEXTBOX1.TEXT = ACTIVEWORKBOOK.FULLNAM Rolli -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

balance on forms
My database is such where I have Stores at each location. Firstly how do I initialise a store such that it shows 0.00 if there is no stock. Then from say Store1 - This store receives stock from another store such that its balance increases and at times, transfers stock (out) so its balance decreases. Similar for other stores. I've done a query and put on a form so that it updates the balance everytime through requery. But this only works if there has been a transfer from and transfer to done. I would like it to also show if such that only a transfer from is done or transfer to is don...

Scroll problem on Continuous Form
Hi I have a continuous form, which design with Header, Detail and Footer. When the number of records are many, where the Detail area cannot display all of them, I can navigate the records on Detail by both "Vertical Scroll Bar" and "Mouse Wheel". My problem is under the situation, when the number of records are less, where there is an empty area on Detail. In this situation, when I use the mouse wheel to scroll down, the first record will disappear, but when I scroll up, the first record cannot be gotten back. I have to use the arrow on vertical scroll bar to get i...

Programmatically navigating form to New Record
Hi I have a mainform and with a subform (NOT linked). I'm trying to implement mainform navigation when the subform has focus. eg: When a control on the subform has focus, pressing PageUp should move one record up on the main form. I have done this using mainform.Recordset.MoveFirst (MoveNext, MovePrevious, MoveLast). This all works fine. Problem is that when on the last record - pressing PageDown should take me to a new record on the main form. Docmd.GotoRecord ... acNext ----- is not suitable because my mainform itself is contained in a "master" form (mainform is also a subf...

picking ticket printing
IT WOULD BE GOOD TO HAVE AN INDICATOR ON THE PICKING TICKET ORDER SCREEN IF THE PICKING TICKET HAS ALREADY BEEN PRINTED. DAN MOTTSMAN WESTERN EXPRESS 412.257.5020 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/News...

form upload problem
winxp / windows server / FP extensions installed / using FP2003 http://www.icingpictures.co.uk/online_order_form.htm further to lots previous advice on this forum i have finally got my form to work - so thank you to all who helped - just a couple of things now to bring things to a close I am npw able to get my form to send me an email with all the data required and the customers uploaded file lands correclty in my _private folder on the server - is now possible to configure FP or the server to get the uploaded file sent as an attachment together with email that sends me the for...

referencing the same class objects in two forms
Hello, I have a button in Form A that will open another form (Form B). In Form B I have declared a class object: Public WithEvents Calendario As Calendar (it is calendar I have created with few feature needed by the application). I have declared it as public hoping this will allow me to set two of its properties through code in Form A by coding in Form A module: DoCmd.OpenForm FormBname, acNormal 'and its module will create the public Calendario object Calendario.WhichControl = "contactData" Calendario.WhichForm = Me.Name But I get the err...

How can I set up an RSVP form for external recipients
I'm trying to send an email to several people using Publisher. I would like people to be able to RSVP to an event through a link but all the links I have tried won't work. How can I make it so an email can be sent to me through a link in Publisher with information already inbedded in the email? Like a form with check marks and areas to enter a name and phone number. ...

Using Word to compose mail created from a custom form
I created a custom form to use when sending out a daily status report. However, when I compose a new status report using this custom form the default editor is Outlook 2003 instead of Word. All of my other messages are composed in Word, is there any way to get a custom form to use Word for editing the message? That setting is on the (Properties) page of the form in design mode. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/def...

Print Title Columns
This is a stupid thing that I'm pretty sure has no easy answer other than to hope MS adds it for 2005, but I guess it's worth seeing if anyone has a solution. I have a spreadsheet that has column A set as Print Titles and several columns that print on 2 pages with column A repeated as expected. At the bottom of the page, I have some foot notes that are on the page in column A, but they are wider than the column, therefore on page 2, the labels cut off. Most users will be looking at the file on screen, so I don't really want to put the notes in the print footnotes. I've been ...

Outlook
I have tried to print messages from two different workstations from Outlook and have been unsuccessful. Both stations are receiving encrypted messages from a station that has a Digital Certificate. I have imported the certificate to those two stations but when I try to print the encrypted received messages I still receive "OUTLOOK.exe has generated an error and Windows will not close the program. The application must be restarted. An error log has been created.". Is this a known issue? How can I fix the problem? Thanks for any suggestions. Sondra ...

Print preview in color
Hi, I have two PC's that i work with. On one machine, when i go to 'Print Preview' i see the preview in color on the other in black and white. What is the option (and where is it) that allows to change the preview from color to BW. Thank you Igor If the printer being used is a color printer. "igorek" <igorek@gololed.net> wrote in message news:40bc01c47fc3$1078d0c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have two PC's that i work with. On one machine, when i > go to 'Print Preview' i see the preview in color on the > other in black and whit...

Cancel printing a worksheet
Having a similar problem where I never wanted a selected sheet to print. The solutions posted at best still printed something when the sheet that I did not want to print was active. I used the following code to alway block the printing of "Sheet1" in the example where the workbook has three (3) sheets: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1" Then MsgBox "Print Error, Unable to Print Sheet1", vbCritical Cancel = True Else If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet2" Or ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet3" Th...

Prevent publication from automatically changing from Print to Web
When saving a publication originally created in Print mode, Publisher 2003 seems to automatically change it to Web mode if a hyperlink was accidentally included in the publication (for instance, when the hyperlink is part of the text pasted from another document). When this happens a significant amount of reformatting occurs and it is very annoying to have to manually reconstruct the original print format for a large newsletter. Is there a way to prevent Publisher from automatically converting a publication from Print mode to Web mode? If not, is there some technical way to identify t...

Running a combo box on a continuous form
I have a continuous form bound to a table containing names, addresses and post codes. A combo box, in each record, lists service agents covering the area identified by the associated post code. On GotFocus, the combo box runs a selection query taking the associated post code as the criterion. A requery is necessary to ensure that the list of service agents is refreshed on changing records but that all works fine. Clicking the combo box drop-down arrow for any record confirms that the correct list of service agents is displayed in each case. However, no selection can then be effecte...

In Publisher 2000, text double-prints with a picture
In Publisher 2000, when a pictgure appears on a page, all text prints fuzzy--it double prints like a TV 'ghost.' This occuirs only when there is a graphic along with the text. If the objects look okay on your screen, it is no doubt a printer issue. Go to the manufacturer's web site of your model printer and look around for an updated driver. Maybe re-installing your present driver.. It is always advisable to completely remove a driver before installing/reinstalling. Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web How to clean up printer drivers http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinter...

Filter SUBFORM On Open
Hi all, I have a form with general data on it, then a subform with related records. I'm looking for a way to open the main form with the subform filtered. For example, my main form has data about Jack, such as name and address. The subform has a list of tasks Jack needs to do, and a due date. How can I use a modal form (already created, with days of the week) to open the main form and apply a filter to the subform to only show tasks due on Monday? TIA, SusanV Nevermind, another blond moment. In case anyone's interested: Private Sub Form_Load() Me.FilterOn = True Me...