Print list of tables

Is it possible to print a list of tables in a database.

I am using Access XP with Visual Basic 6.0 SP5.

I would like to print the list from either program.

--
Thanks in advance
bob

0
Robert
10/19/2007 1:54:05 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

There is a built-in documenter on the Tools menu.
In A2007, it's on the Database Tools tab of the ribbon.

If you want something more powerful:
    http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/csdtools.html

If you just want a query that returns the local tables:
    SELECT MsysObjects.Name FROM MsysObjects
    WHERE (([Type] = 1) AND ([Name] Not Like "~*")
        AND ([Name] Not Like "MSys*"))
    ORDER BY MsysObjects.Name;

Include type 6 for linked tables, and type 4 for ODBC linked tables.

"Robert" <robert11@mountaincable.net> wrote in message
> Is it possible to print a list of tables in a database.
>
> I am using Access XP with Visual Basic 6.0 SP5.
>
> I would like to print the list from either program.
>
> --
> Thanks in advance
> bob
> robert11@mountaincable.net

0
Allen

GL Edit List and VAT
How can I show on GL Edit lists the VAT enties created using the VAT entry button on the GL Transaction entry window? I couldn't work out what new table relationships were require. Thanks ...

Publisher does not display or print embedded photographs
All of a suddden all my embedded photographs in Publisher 2003 (SP-1) do not display on the pages nor do they print but they are visible in the Graphics Manager. I have run Detect and Repair and have re-installed the program but nothing works. Does anyone have a fix for this problem? I'm running a Dell Dimension 4700 with Windows XP Pro 5.1.2600 SP2 and 1GB memory. Canon wrote: > All of a suddden all my embedded photographs in Publisher 2003 (SP-1) > do not display on the pages nor do they print but they are visible in > the Graphics Manager. I have run Detect and Repair and...

Table Place settings design
We are having a company dinner party to say goodbye to the oldest member of company. 70 yrs old We want to print a place card with photograph and some words on it for 50 employees. Sounds like a Tent Card would meet the need. If you were using Publisher 2000 (your version may be similar) it would be, File, Page Setup Special Fold Tent Card (From the Choose a Special Fold menu) Choose an Orientation Portrait or Landscape, your preference OK If you plan to use other than 8�"x11" stock, do first, select File Print Setup Provide the stock size as you follow the Setup steps. --...

Find Modified Date of a Table
How can I find a tables modified date. I am using filedatetime for files. How do you use it for tables? On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 21:11:22 -0500, Lillian <libertysmith10@yahoo.com> wrote: Assuming your tablename is Employees, you could write: Debug.Print DBEngine(0)(0).TableDefs("Employees").Properties("LastUpdated") -Tom. >How can I find a tables modified date. >I am using filedatetime for files. >How do you use it for tables? Unfortunately, I don't believe that works in versions of Access since Access 97. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://...

PC lost it list of network printers
Hi A PC lost it list of network printers. However, a reboot restored the printer list. This has moved on to no printers showing and can't add a printer, as user or administartor. 'Windowcan't open Add printer. Operatin could not be completed. error 0x000006e6' The printer spooler service is running PC is behaving normally otherwise! PC: Win Vista Business sp2 Networked to SBS I have reposted this issue in this group as I have had no luck in the Vista Print goup! -- -- Many Thanks Drew ...

Printing with more than one column per page
I'm using the term, "column" incorrectly here. I want to print a list of records, but I want to have 2 or three "columns" of records per page. Word can do this using the "columns" control, but I can't figure out how to get Excel to do this, or how to get Word to import an Excel file such that I can do this. The item is an electronic price list, and it's going to be over 100 pages if each line is one record, and it's mostly blank space. Thanks for any suggestions. I'm using Excel and Word '97. Regards, Robin Robin, My Excel add-in &quo...

Query from two tables duplicating data
I have created a query in Access 2002 using fields from two tables. The query is duplicating data so that each line item is listed multiple times. I can specify with more details if someone thinks they can help. Can you? Post the SQL of the query. If you are not familiar with how to do that, open your query in desingn mode, switch to SQL view, and copy/paste the code into your post. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Rachael" wrote: > I have created a query in Access 2002 using fields from two tables. The query > is duplicating data so that each line item is liste...

Populate address list from Excel file
I have a Microsoft Excel file with contact information that I need to import into an Exchange Address List. Does any know a simple way or tool for doing this? Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, This should help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327620/en-us Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> wrote in message news:e89Tr$FXHHA.4180@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have a Microsoft Excel file with contact information that I need to >import into an Exchange Address List. Does any know a simple way or tool >for doing this? > > Thanks i...

Is it possible to print the pages of a workbook in reverse order?
In MS Word it is possible to select an option to print pages in reverse order. Can I do this in Excel and if so, how? Some printers support this option and you can choose it from the: File|Print|Properties button (each printer is different, though) If your printer doesn't support this, you could use a macro: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim TotalPages As Long Dim pCtr As Long TotalPages = ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET.DOCUMENT(50)") For pCtr = TotalPages To 1 Step -1 ActiveSheet.PrintOut _ Preview:=True, _ From:=pCtr, to...

Adding Outlook 2003 Email Distribution Lists to My Contacts Folder
One of my coworkers emailed me several distribution lists. We both use Outlook 2003 and we work for the same company. Can someone tell me how I can add the distribution lists that exists as file attachments in my email into my Contacts folder? Thanks in advanced! Open the file attachment - Save and Close. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, MW asked: | One of my coworkers emailed me several distribution lis...

Print color copies i n black and white
I am using Word 2007. In earlier copies I could print color copies in Black and white but I cannot find out how now. charles arnett Look at your printer setting options. It's not part of Word. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "charles arnett" <cjarnett1@woh.rr.com> wrote in message news:Ocz1amjkKHA.2164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I am using Word 2007. In earlier copies I could print color copies in Black >and white but I cannot find out how now. > charles arnett ...

Table Storing Default Site ID?
I'm trying to find the table that stores the Default Site ID in the Item Quantities Maintenance window. I thought it would be in IV00102, but it doesn't seem to be. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Craig It's in the Item Master table (IV00101), in the LOCNCODE field. -- GP 9.0, SP2 "Craig" wrote: > I'm trying to find the table that stores the Default Site ID in the Item > Quantities Maintenance window. I thought it would be in IV00102, but it > doesn't seem to be. > > Any help would be greatly appreciated! > > Than...

Global Distribution list mailing problem
Dear All, I am having one Parent Doamin and one Chield Domain . One front end and two backend exchange server's . Domain Controller's Windows 2003 Enterprise with SP-1 Exchange Server Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise with SP-2 . All the Server are in same subnet .same location In the Globel Distribution Group Advance option Expansion Server Setting is " Any server in the orgnization " Problem :- I am having Globel Distribution Group for our departments or Team Groups . It was working fine . last few days I am unable to niether see the Global Distribu...

format in MS Access chart data table
iI created a chart from access table. The format of data is stored in percentage with 2 dec. format. When I creat the chart with data table displayed, the 9.8% diplay as .098 in the data table. Even I changed the number in data sheet to %, it appears as 9.8% in design view, but when I switch to the data view, ir changed back to .0980. I managed to change the axis and data label to % format, but it will not work with the data table. I have another chart with currency in 6 dec. format, the data in the data table shows in scientific format. Is anyone willing to help me to fix this ...

Pivot Table Enhancements/Fixes in Excel 2003
We are debating migrating from Excel 2002 to 2003 to address some issues we have encountered using pivot tables running against Analysis Services cubes using pivots in Microsoft Excel 2002. I'm searching around for a comprehensive list of enhancements and fixes for Excel 2003 specifically related to the pivot table functionality and I'm having some trouble finding anything. Can you send me a link to such a list (or just the list itself) - we are specifically interested in know about any actual fixes that have gone into this version. Thanks I don't recall if there are any...

How do I graph a pivot table of sparse values?
I have created a pivot table that counts the number of occurences of numeric values between 4 and 16. The pivot table contains the following Value Count 9 2 10 1 11 1 12 7 13 4 14 1 15 1 16 3 There were no records that had the values 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8. I have created a pivot/column chart to display the counts (y-axis) of each value (x-axis). Because there are no counts for 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 the scale for the x-axis is 9 to 16. How do I create a chart with a scale from 4 to 16? (I've also noticed that...

How do I stop printing a header after the third page?
I have selected the row header to print for pages one and two but I don't want it to print on subsequent pages. How do I make this happen? The bad news is that if you don't include the rows to repeat at top, then more stuff can be printed on each page. For instance, in my test data, I set it up to use rows 1:2 as rows to repeat at top. I didn't add any manual page breaks. Page 1 showed 1:2 and 3:52 (52 rows) Page 2 showed 1:2 and 53:102 (still 52 rows) I removed those rows to repeat at top and tried to print pages 3-??? But excel figures that without the header, more rows ...

Office 98 Word won't print keeps asking for chooser
I've had Word 98 set up on a Mac running OS 9.1 for years, working fine. I've just gone to a dual-boot machine with OS 9.2.2 and OS X, and I did purchase and install Office vX for the OS X volume. But I also installed Office 98 again in the OS 9.2.2 volume. Everything seems fine but I can't print (nor can I use Page Setup). No matter how many times I go to the Chooser and select the printer, Word keeps telling me to go to the Chooser and select the printer. Can anyone help me with this? MS won't support this software (even though it's the only version they have for OS 9, is...

Why can I only see color in print- preview?
What do I do to see the color on my screen, while I am in excel? Can on see color in print preview mode. poppa If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;320531 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:41:03 -0800, "poppa55" <poppa55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What do I do to see the color on my screen, while ...

drop-down list icon
Is there a way make the drop-down list icon (from Data-Validation) remain visible without selecting the cell; in the same manner a combo box can always be seen? Thanks, Iyue No, only the active cell can have the data validation arrow visible. Perhaps you could colour the cells to highlight them, or add comments to the cells to mark them. Iyue wrote: > Is there a way make the drop-down list icon (from Data-Validation) remain > visible without selecting the cell; in the same manner a combo box can always > be seen? > Thanks, > Iyue -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips...

Set print area
Please help me! I'm probably being very thick but i cannot find where I can set the print area of an Excel document. It was so easy to use in the 2003 version and I'm struggling to find even the most basic functions in 2007. Hi, I think the ribbon is the most counter intuative pice if e2007. Click the page layout tab and you'll see 'Print area' there in the 'Page Setup' group -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. ...

List Box
Thanks for helping. I have a list box showing three columns of data from another sheet. The problem is that the widths of the columns in the list box are really far out, and I need to adjust them somehow. The columns are B, E, and AA (B-D and E-Z are merged) Here is the Listrange; MAIN!$B$16:$AA$39 The first column especially is really wide, and results in a massive scroll along to see the others, and strangely the third column is thinner ! Bemused Robert You can change the column widths by going into the properties sheet as I described in my answer to your first post, then set...

Printing Excel Viewer
hai, how prevent that excel viewer ask a location of file. because i already selected at explore when i use right click then choose print. it always ask. any workaround for this problem ? TIA, Andy Susanto ...

How do I get new headers to appear in list?
The screen shows my new headers in the list, but when I look at he list toolbar and press form, my new entries are not included. ...

How do I print the picture properties in Picture Manager?
Is it possible to print the photo with the picture properties? No. Picture Manager just uses the Windows Photo Printing Wizard. You would need some third party image software to do that. MarineMom wrote: > Is it possible to print the photo with the picture properties? ...