print a record

I have a multi user application and I would like the user to be able to print
a report anytime after they have submitted the data. The user inputs data on
a form.  The user may need to print a report of that data a week later.  Is
there anyway for the user to view and/or print just the record they submitted?
Shari
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

The line of code for a command button on the form with the record to be
printed:

DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", acViewPreviw, , "IDField = " & Me.txtIDField

where ReoportName is the report's name, IDField matches the ID field name
and txtIDField is the name of the textbox for the IDField on your form.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Shari" <Shari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a multi user application and I would like the user to be able to
>print
> a report anytime after they have submitted the data. The user inputs data
> on
> a form.  The user may need to print a report of that data a week later.
> Is
> there anyway for the user to view and/or print just the record they
> submitted?
> Shari

0
Arvin

How to print out custom properties only?
I want to print out all the fields in custom properties as a page. Is there a way? Thanks, GG You can do so with a macro Sub PrintCustomProperties() Dim oProperty As DocumentProperty Dim oDoc As Document Dim PropDoc As Document Dim oRng As Range Set oDoc = ActiveDocument Set PropDoc = Documents.Add PropDoc.Range.ParagraphFormat.TabStops.Add InchesToPoints(2) For Each oProperty In oDoc.CustomDocumentProperties Set oRng = PropDoc.Range oRng.Collapse wdCollapseEnd oRng.Text = oProperty.Name & vbTab & oProperty.Value & vbCr Next oProperty PropDoc.Pri...

AddJob function for printing
I'm trying to find a sample. This is another function that is not working the same on an XP machine. I'm getting error 1784: The supplied user buffer is not valid for the requested operation. code is similar to: BYTE* bBuf = NULL; cbBuf = sizeof(ADDJOB_INFO_1); bRet = AddJob(hPrinter, 1L, bBuf, cbBuf, &cbNeeded); if ( !bRet ) { error = GetLastError(); ...... etc bRet is zero value and pcbNeeded is returning the value of zero. The next step would be to call AddJob again with bBuf set to whatever cbNeeded established but the zero value triggers an 87, par...

How to Print thumbnail Groups of pictrues receved in one email
Need to know how to print pictures received in emails anyway but one at a time. ...

printing emails in outlook (2000/2002)
I am trying to find a simple way to print only the first page of an received email. I cannot seem to figure it out. whether the email is in html, plain or rich text, I cannot print only the first page. any ideas/tricks? thanks davit ...

merge printing
How do I merge print a zip code that begins with zero? Change the data base field to text. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "rick" <rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05CDA400-61D1-4535-B8CF-17F44A7D6779@microsoft.com... > How do I merge print a zip code that begins with zero? ...

Erratic behaviour when rapidly scrolling through form records
I am developing an Access 2003 application associated with a photographic competition. My ScoringForm permits the selection of image classes and a subform displays all the images in the selected class. This subform is bound to a query and contains an option group of 14 buttons - each button representing one of the possible scores to be awarded during the judging process. If an image has been allotted a score, then the text on the selected button (and only the selected button) is made bolder and has its colour changed from black to red. This makes the chosen score stand out very clearly...

ERROR TRYING TO PRINT-URGENT
Dear users: I'm getting this error when I try to print a message from my INBOX, why? " An error has ocurred in the script on this page Line 252 Char 1 Error: Permission denied"' I'm the administrator and have total privileges Arturo ...

SFO sync of records
We installed the sales for outlook client on a laptop and then replicated with the central database without any issues. The new user is a part of the business unit that owns all the records in the central database. After the replication there are no records being transferred to this laptop. We tried replicating a few times with no errors provided but no records being transferred. ...

Combining records for merge to Word
I have a data list of names and addresses in an excel worksheet. Each row of the worksheet contains the name, address, city, state, zip of an individual. There may be multiple individuals with the same address. I would like to merge and mail only one letter. For example to the Smith Family as opposed to two letters, one to Sam Smith and one to Sally Smith. How do I accomplish this? -- lpd you must have the headings e..name and address clik data(menu)-filter-advancefilter in the advance filter window against >list range> give the column of addresses only (click the window on...

Chart/graph to record progress of investments monthly.n
need to show current value of shares and two subdotals then total, changing over time and graph it. have no clue hwo to do this. Thanks fred ...

UNION query taking 5 minutes for approx 2000 records
I am dealing with data from two hospitals, each with their version of the database. I am trying to group records of admissions and discharges from each hospital by patient (URN), date of admission (DOA), date of discharge (DISCH) and time of admission (TOA) where at least one patient record represents a transfer from hosp A (KEMH) to hosp B (PMH) ie where demogr_urPM.ADMIT_SOURCE Like "KEMH*". The individual SELECT queries run quickly enough but the UNION query I am using takes approx 5 min to return about 2000 records. The source tables, demogr_ur (for hosp A) and demogr...

Printing reports #3
Money Ess. How do I print a report for gross pay, or net pay,or some form of income . I look at help page and it say"s to go to commen task to pick this task ,But it"s not available . ...

making and printing forms
I am on a fire department and I want to make our run forms where we can fill in the blanks and then print them if need be. I have office 2007 but have no idea how to do this, and I have seen forms on the internet that are pdf forms that have worked like we need. Any help is greatly appreciated. pdf forms can be made with the full retail version of acrobat. however, in office what you probably need to make is a template. you can also make forms in excel and msaccess. it depends if the form data is to be aggregated in a database or not. unfortunately, we can't teach ...

Cancel printing a worksheet
Actually, I've tried printing by selecting the workbook icon and printing in the blocked sheet and the entire workbook, I've right clicked on a tab and selected all sheets, I've tried to print when the blocked sheet is the activesheet, and I've selected the "Entire workbook" radio button when any sheet is active, and in all cases Sheet1 does not print. Perhaps I've missed another means to print the entire workbook or the one worksheet. Is there another way to print the whole workbook or a particular worksheet that I have not tested? The code below als...

Printing Grid lines
Excel 2002 was just loaded on my comuter. I cannot figure out how to print gridlines. I went to Tools, Options and View tab and checked gridlines there. I also went to File, Page Setup and sheet and checked gridlines there. When I do a print preview, the show on the screen but when I print, they do not print. Any ideas? Thank you Susan Vickstrom Minnesota State Community and Technical College Fergus Falls Campus 218-739-7555 Could be related to printer resolution. Try setting pritner to Draft and the Best Quality and observe the difference. Bernard "Susan Vickstrom" &l...

Count Records for this week, this month, this quarter, this year
Hello, I am using the code-- =DCount("[ClaimID]","tblClaims","DateValue([DateCreated])=Date()") --to count the number of record created today. I would like to use a similar code to count the number of record created: 1) This week 2) This Month 3) This Quarter 4) This Year When I say “this”, I mean the current week, month, Quarter and Year based on NOW. For example, if I have 5 record for December 2009 and 6 records for December 2008, since we are in 2009 the total for “This Month” will be 5 (not 5 + 6 = 11). Also, my record CreatedDate has a dat...

Memo style printing of e-mail
We use Outlook 2003 [with all updates] on an Exchange Server network. I recently moved a user to a different computer and, after setting up her profile, noticed that her "default" print style appears to be "Table" not "Memo". (The header/footer info does not print on a received e-mail, regardless if the sender is using HTML or plain text.) Other users are not having this issue. Is there a global setting to default to "memo style"? And if so, what might override it? Thanks in advance. ~RLL 08/09/2005 ...

Clipping of images when printing
Some of the smaller images on my leaflet have been clipped (ie partially cut off) when printing. Looking at them on the print preview the clipping is not evident on there. What do I need to do? Thanks, Sarah Are they near the edges of your paper? Are they overlapped by a text box or something like that? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "millieminx" <millieminx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4146D2F-8395-4BCA-BD99-37A7EB328DDA@microsoft.com... > Some of the smaller images o...

Printing Portfolio
When viewing my portfolio, I used to be able to print my portfolio that I customized. i.e..file--> print. All of a sudden, printing doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas? I've searched all over the net and can't find anything. Thanks I have found the same problem, although mine has gotten worse. Now when I do file --> print, it opens MS Word and displays it in there!! I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of, including reinstalling MS Money, making sure the file types are not set to open with Word, everything. Have you found a way to make it work again? By the w...

Screen or print option while printing report
Allow a default for the company or the user that can set the report option ( Screen or Print ) -- Regards Santosh ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8c0c7c3b...

Update and lock records
Greetings! Some day I hope to be really good at this, but that day <> today! So I welcome your suggestions. I am creating a db for simple invoicing, and payment history. no inventory or purchasing. Invoices can have multiple line items. Each line item can have multiple payments. FrmInvoice1Edit - Main Form containing a tab control with 2 subforms frmInvoiceDetail1Edit and frmPayments1Edit when an invoice line item is paid in full: The Paid field on frmInvoiceDetail1Edit should be set to True the line item record in frmInvoiceDetail1Edit and frmPayments1Edit should...

When printing an email, the body is blank...how do I fix this?
When printing an email using Microsoft Outlook, the header, footer , subject, etc. appears but the body is blank...how do I fix this? This is really frustrating because I need paper copies of these emails on file for my work. Thank You ...

Printing Receipts in Money 2004
Using the older version for the first time. Enjoying the use of the Invoices, but cannot figure out how to print a Receipt to show proof of payment. Also, how can we customize that printout? The closest thing we've found is a Statement Memo printout for an account, but it doesn't include our (the company's) information or logo. Thoughts, ideas? ...

Matching records in SOP10106
We have a custom invoice printing where the query relies on joining records in SOP30200 with SOP10106 table but just came across some invoices that don't have any matching records in SOP10106. Of nearly 200,000 invoice records in our SOP30200 table there are only 19 that I've found (with soptype=3 and voidstts=0) that doesn't have associated records in the SOP10106 table. Can anyone tell me in what certain condition this would happen? FYI, I'm a developer not familiar with how GP works and accounting in general. TIA. John, SOP10106 stores values from the various User...

Printed scalable graphs
I have created an xy scatter graph that draws a rectangular shape. The rectangle is rotated based on an input angle which varies. (0<angle<=90). It appears to be rotating correctly, but as it does, there is some distortion so that the rectangle becomes a parallelogram. Is there any way to correct that? there's a newsgroup devoted to graphing. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.excel.charting If you don't get a reply, you may want to visit there. There's less traffic there and those charting experts may see your question (instead of having it buried in thi...