Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files

Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit.  No Office 2007 installed.  Using
Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007.
Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either
from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following:

"C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering
of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application".

I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is
an issue with the file.  The software has been uninstalled and reinstalled
several times, with a reboot each time. Also redownloaded the software two
different times thinking it was a corrupted download.
Can someone direct me towards a resolution, so I can open these files?

Thank you,
 Rext

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Please excuse this message.  I filed it in the wrong thread!!

--

"Rext" wrote:

> Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit.  No Office 2007 installed.  Using
> Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007.
> Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either
> from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following:
>
> "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering
> of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application".
>
> I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is
> an issue with the file.  The software has been uninstalled and reinstalled
> several times, with a reboot each time. Also redownloaded the software two
> different times thinking it was a corrupted download.
> Can someone direct me towards a resolution, so I can open these files?
>
> Thank you,
>  Rext

.pps and .ppsx
Using Office 2007 Powerpoint. Saved slideshow file as .ppsx (Couldn't save as ..pps). Sent file as an attachment in email. When 'download' link in email clicked the file didn't download. Why and can I save slideshow as .pps file in Powerpoint in Office 2007 You can save as .pps. Choose "OtherFormats" (or just click "Save As") and in the save as type dialog scroll well down to PowerPoint 97-2003 show *.pps -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html...

Powerpoint 2007 won't open to show .pps files
I try to open .pps files my friends send me, but they won't open - is there a setting I need to change? Thanks, Rory Fox roryfox@sympatico.ca If they were saved as a to include PowerPoint 95, then PowerPoint will not open them. You need to have your friend save them as a later version -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "Rory" <Rory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7DB5EB1-ADAE-43D9-88B7-9415EF11DE84@microsoft.com... > I try to open .pps files my friends send me, but they won't open - is > there a > setting I ...

Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is an issue with the file. The software has be...

I can't Open .doc files and .pps files in WLM
When I try to open a .doc file I get the message: This file does not have a program associated with it for perfofrming this action. Create an association in the Set Associatiion Control Panel. How can I solve this Problem? You didn't state your Windows version, so the wording may be slightly different. This is for XP. You need Word, or a Word Viewer to open a doc file. Save the attachment to your HDD. Right click on it and Open With | Choose Program. Find and choose a program that works and then check the box: Always use this program to open this kind of file. This shoul...

Default program for.PPS files
I receive an eMail with a .PPS file attachment. If I click on the .PPS, I get an error message; "No program associated with this file type" I cannot find the Windows Live Menu that "hooks .PPS files to the Power Point Viewer. BTW; If I click on a ( stored ) .PPS file, it displays just fine. ( so the Viewer is in there, and working ) ??? -- DesertBob 1: Create a file association. 1. Download and save the attachment on the desktop. 2. Right click on the saved file. 3. Select: Open With from the pop-up menu. 4. Click: Choose [def...

Office Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is an issue with the file. The software has be...

Office Power Point Viewer 2007 wonc't open ".PPS" Files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times in another computer, so don't believe it is an issue with the file. The software ...

Downloading .pps results in .ppt
When I download a .pps file using IE8 on XP I get Microsoft Power Point opening what looks like a .ppt. Does not go automatically into a slide presentation. very irritating and FF does not do it. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www...

.pps & .pdf
Does anyone know how to access these types of files? Thanks, Rorida First of this is a news group for MS Access a database program part of Microsoft Office. The PPS file is a powerpoint file another program with in MS Office for slide presentations. The PDF file is Adobe file. You can access them with these programs. http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html?promoid=BONRM http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=048dc840-14e1-467d-8dca-19d2a8fd7485&DisplayLang=en "Roy Orida" <rorida2001@rogers.com> wrote in message news:CF48DC1A-77AD...

.pps attachements in windows mail
Every time i receive the same email in my hotmail and windows mail which has a .pps attachement I can open it in hotmail but not in windows were it's telling me that the file has no program associated with it even though in the association panel all .pps slide show files are set to be open by ppviewer as a defaults, why would that happen good with hotmail but not windows mail???????? Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Windows Mail in Windows Vista: http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/149/1/Unable-to-open-PPS-attachments-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vist...

Viewing .pps attachments in e mail
I used to have Microsoft Office and could view any .pps file attachments in incoming e mail. My OS crashed and after re-installed OS system, I cannot find my Microsoft Office installation discs and now discover that I am unable to open these attachments. I downloaded the free Power Point viewer from the MS download center and could not get it to work. I found some info on how to fix the problem and now I actually get the PPS viewer program to open, but then I get multiple error messages telling me it cannot find the files "Documents", "and", "local&quo...

How do you embed a powerpoint show (.pps) into outlook?
I have made a simple 2-page slideshow in powerpoint. I would like to embed the file into an email so that the image of the cover page appears in the email and when you click on it it goes full screen into the 2-page powerpoint "show". Can this be done? ...

can't associate .pps with email attachment vista
-- marianne dagher You need to make the explanation / question a little clearer and please don't just use the subject area, the big message area just down a bit is easier to read!. "mariane" <mariane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB4464FA-51BA-473C-9E5A-9013262D9EC0@microsoft.com... > > -- > marianne dagher > > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus > signature database 4849 (20100208) __________ > > The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. > > http://www.eset.com ...

Powerpoint .pps with Vista sidebar
I want the vista sidebar to stay locked on top during a .pps I have sidebar setting set to always on top and this works for basically ever app I run EXCEPT powerpoint. Any ideas are welcome. My internet research is not providing answers so far. In article <D0294A05-C77C-4DEC-A7CF-766C6931C20D@microsoft.com>, Import rcr wrote: > I want the vista sidebar to stay locked on top during a .pps I have sidebar > setting set to always on top and this works for basically ever app I run > EXCEPT powerpoint. Any ideas are welcome. My internet research is not > providing ...

How can I open a .pps while attached to an Outlook email?
I must first save it to my HD, then I can open it. ii.lola wrote: > I must first save it to my HD, then I can open it. What happens when you try to open it? Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/) | 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com/) 'Outlook Tips by email' (mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net) 'EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange' (mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM) http://forums.slipstick.com ...

opening .pps files windows 7 with wml
have associated .pps files in default programs with ms ppv & when i get a pps file in wml, it asks for a file association. have googled til i'm blue in the face & found only vista solutions. have gone into the registry & found powerpointviewer, but can't change "show" to "open" because there's already a subsection there titled "open." so how can i get microsoft's powerpoint viewer to open files when i receive them in windows live mail using windows 7? thx :D Did you check that in both places as explained here? Unable to...

OE removed .pps
I received an email with an attachment that was a pps. When I open the email I got a message that said, "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachment in your mail:" This is the second one that I could not open. Do I need to change a setting? How do I stop OE from removing .pps attachments? Thanks, Mike OE didn't remove it, OE removed access. "Images are blocked when you open an e-mail message in Outlook Express on a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843018 -- ...

I can't open e-mails with .wmv and .pps
I get a message saying: File does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Creat an association in the Folders Options control panel. I can only fine instructions on how to do this for Windows 7. Outlook follows your defaults set in your version of Windows. wmv-files can be opened with Windows Media Player. pps-files can be opened with PowerPoint or with the PowerPoint viewer. Do you have these applications installed already? Does it work when you save the attachments first and then double click them? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Conf...