Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files

Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit.  No Office 2007 installed.  Using
Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007.
Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either
from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following:

"C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering
of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application".

I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is
an issue with the file.  The software has been uninstalled and reinstalled
several times, with a reboot each time. Also redownloaded the software two
different times thinking it was a corrupted download.
Can someone direct me towards a resolution, so I can open these files?

Thank you,
 Rext

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Please excuse this message.  I filed it in the wrong thread!!