Possible to Import Access queries to Excel and maintain the formulas??

Hello: I am trying to confirm whether it is possible to import access
queries intto Excel and keep the formulas so that they will still
exist in Excel.

Is that possible to do?

Thanks!

0
fred
5/23/2007 12:56:43 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi Fred,

not without writing code -- and, depending on your calculations, this
may be very difficult

Warm Regards,
Crystal
  *
      (:  have an awesome day  :)
   *
MVP Access
Remote Programming and Training
strive4peace2006 at yahoo.com
   *

fred.sheriff@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello: I am trying to confirm whether it is possible to import access
> queries intto Excel and keep the formulas so that they will still
> exist in Excel.
>
> Is that possible to do?
>
> Thanks!

0
strive4peace
5/23/2007 4:46:49 AM
On 22 May 2007 17:56:43 -0700, "fred.sheriff@gmail.com"
<fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello: I am trying to confirm whether it is possible to import access
>queries intto Excel and keep the formulas so that they will still
>exist in Excel.
>
>Is that possible to do?
>
>Thanks!

Not directly. What you can import or export from an Access Query is the
*values* of the expressions - not the expressions themselves. A Query is NOT a
spreadsheet, and does not contain any expressions, other than in its SQL text
(which Excel can read only in the sense that it can run the query against an
Access table).

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
5/23/2007 4:56:50 AM
Thanks for the replies! Very much appreciated.

On May 23, 12:56 am, John W. Vinson
<jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:
> On 22 May 2007 17:56:43 -0700, "fred.sher...@gmail.com"
>
> <fred.sher...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello: I am trying to confirm whether it is possible to import access
> >queries intto Excel and keep the formulas so that they will still
> >exist in Excel.
>
> >Is that possible to do?
>
> >Thanks!
>
> Not directly. What you can import or export from an Access Query is the
> *values* of the expressions - not the expressions themselves. A Query is NOT a
> spreadsheet, and does not contain any expressions, other than in its SQL text
> (which Excel can read only in the sense that it can run the query against an
> Access table).
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Dave

RMS V2 and QSC Import
I have successfully imported several of my customers products using the QSC Import tool as a test but am unable to import the items with any association with sales tax? The default Sales Tax is TAX which is what I plan on using but once imported it creates a new item code TAX so now I have two? I plan on importing several hundred products and any help would be much appreciated. -Jess Reference- https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/releases/rms_so_importutility.htm i use the same tool but i dont tell the import utility anything about tax. import the items witho...

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Count If Formula #4

New to excel

Reporting from Project Server

Looking for Excel Help

nested OR in queries
I have a table that has 20 date fields for each record. I need to select any record that has a matching date in at least one of those fields so it becomes a huge OR in a query and I have noticed that I am limited to 9 in a query. Is there a way to do this efficiently or will I need multiple queries to test all 20 date fields? If your table uses multiple date fields, the first thing you'll want to consider is coming up with a new table! In a spreadsheet, adding 20 date fields may be the only way to handle a situation, but you won't get the best use of Access' features and funct...

Formula for Game Spreadsheet
I am currenly playing a game of Ars Magica. I am using a spreadsheet to compute the info for my character. I am having a probllem with the casting total for spells related to a paticular character. The Formula is as follows : =IF(H13="","--",IF(J13="",INDIRECT(H13),MIN(INDIRECT(H13),INDIRECT(LEFT(J13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(J13,2))))+IF(K13="",INDIRECT(I13),MIN(INDIRECT(I13),INDIRECT(LEFT(K13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(K13,2))))+Sta+IF(N13="",0,$H$2)) I am trying to compute the casting total for the spells castable by this character. The total for the ...

learning Excel #3

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

Formula for cross tab data filling

formula or VBA
I need to search through a column checking condtions. If the conditions are met, then I want to enter the corresponding value in the column next to it into a different cell. Basically, I want to search column A and, if the conditions are met, put the value in B into C. Would this be easier via formula or code? And maybe some starting suggestions would be nice if you don't mind. -- Thanks, Jim in a formula in col b =if(cond,a1,"") using vba for each c in range("a1:a100") if cond then c.offset(0,1)=c next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "...

Help with importing data

How to import images from Publisher into Picture Manager?
I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office picture manager. How do I do this? Find the source of those images and save them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Heatherwithaheadache" <Heatherwithaheadache@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1B1DFC9-0639-49BA-8614-A5AC0DDB596D@microsoft.com... >I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office > picture manager. How do I do this? Right-click the picture, save as picture, or copy/paste to a folder. The Picture Manager will search for al...

microsoft.public.access.conversion

Excel VBA

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook