Populate to Multiple fields

I have created a combo box that allows multi-select values.  The client would
check off the questions that pertain to them, and then I would like the
questions they checked off to populate into a subform into indivdual rows.
Could someone tell me if this possible?

So an example would be: The client checks off question 1, question 5,
question 6 etc., then the subform (datasheet view) should look like this:

                   Answer     Comments       Employee Responding
question 1
question 5
question 6

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 13:32:06 -0800, Dee <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have created a combo box that allows multi-select values.  The client would
>check off the questions that pertain to them, and then I would like the
>questions they checked off to populate into a subform into indivdual rows.
>Could someone tell me if this possible?
>
>So an example would be: The client checks off question 1, question 5,
>question 6 etc., then the subform (datasheet view) should look like this:
>
>                   Answer     Comments       Employee Responding
>question 1
>question 5
>question 6

What's your table structure? Do you have a field for the QuestionID (you
should)?

You'll need to use some VBA code to loop through the multiselect combo's
ItemsSelected property to populate the questions. It might be just as easy to
have a continuous subform with a single select combo; you can select a
different question on each row. This would need no code at all.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Or perhaps this is an attachment field into which you've inserted files?

More information might help develop a good answer.

Thanks.

"Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a combo box that allows multi-select values.  The client
>would
> check off the questions that pertain to them, and then I would like the
> questions they checked off to populate into a subform into indivdual rows.
> Could someone tell me if this possible?
>
> So an example would be: The client checks off question 1, question 5,
> question 6 etc., then the subform (datasheet view) should look like this:
>
>                   Answer     Comments       Employee Responding
> question 1
> question 5
> question 6

0
George
12/5/2009 4:26:02 AM
John,

Thank you - that is what I what I am trying to do. I will need to do the
"loop through code" as you suggested.  I dont think I can do it the
continuous way since we are trying to save the client time when selecting the
questions.  Do you know of any sites where I can find this type of code?

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 13:32:06 -0800, Dee <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have created a combo box that allows multi-select values.  The client would
> >check off the questions that pertain to them, and then I would like the
> >questions they checked off to populate into a subform into indivdual rows.
> >Could someone tell me if this possible?
> >
> >So an example would be: The client checks off question 1, question 5,
> >question 6 etc., then the subform (datasheet view) should look like this:
> >
> >                   Answer     Comments       Employee Responding
> >question 1
> >question 5
> >question 6
>
> What's your table structure? Do you have a field for the QuestionID (you
> should)?
>
> You'll need to use some VBA code to loop through the multiselect combo's
> ItemsSelected property to populate the questions. It might be just as easy to
> have a continuous subform with a single select combo; you can select a
> different question on each row. This would need no code at all.
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

John,

I do have a field for the questions id.  I should also note that it is a
mulitvalue combo box and NOT a list box.  I cant find the ItemsSelected
property that you mentioned on the property sheet.

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 13:32:06 -0800, Dee <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have created a combo box that allows multi-select values.  The client would
> >check off the questions that pertain to them, and then I would like the
> >questions they checked off to populate into a subform into indivdual rows.
> >Could someone tell me if this possible?
> >
> >So an example would be: The client checks off question 1, question 5,
> >question 6 etc., then the subform (datasheet view) should look like this:
> >
> >                   Answer     Comments       Employee Responding
> >question 1
> >question 5
> >question 6
>
> What's your table structure? Do you have a field for the QuestionID (you
> should)?
>
> You'll need to use some VBA code to loop through the multiselect combo's
> ItemsSelected property to populate the questions. It might be just as easy to
> have a continuous subform with a single select combo; you can select a
> different question on each row. This would need no code at all.
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

Multiple name appearances
Have a list of 1000 names trying to sort by appearances >5. Not sure if Lookup or Hlookup? Pat318 wrote: > Have a list of 1000 names trying to sort by appearances >5. > Not sure if Lookup or Hlookup? If your list is in A1:A1000, put this in B1:B1000 and sort by column B: =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$1000,A1) ...

deleting multiple rows
Hello: I need to be able to delete multiple rows out of a worksheet. What I need to be able to do is have a function/macro that can identify a string of characters and then delete all the rows that have those characters. For example, if row 4, 18, and 45 all had "blue" in them (assume column is A), then I need something to go delete row, 4, 18, and 45. At the top of my worksheet I will have several, probably about 3, criteria, such as, "blue", "red", and "green" that will all need to be deleted. Now here's where I really need help. A row may ...

Does anyone know how to assign tasks to multiple individuals?
We use organizational boxes and have ocassion to send tasks out to other org boxes (6 usually). The problem is that you (apparently) lose the ability to track individually when you do this. Does anyone have any ideas, other than assigning 6 separate tasks (1 for each org box...). Thanks! ...

How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange 2003 ?
How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange 2003 ? (make BCC field unvalible) In news:u6NrOZiyFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, RikS <riks.tw@yahoo.com.tw> typed: > How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange > 2003 ? (make BCC field unvalible) Don't know how you'd do this offhand, but I wouldn't. If users are misusing BCC, educate them, and make this an HR issue. It really isn't a technical one. HI Riks go to new mail over there on toolbar u will be getting option in that opti...

writing calculated fields
I am trying to avoid starting a Crystal report from scratch, please help me! I need to use the equivalent of the "If, Then, Else" formula in Crystal reports in Report Writer. I need my PO in report writer to: if {IV00101.UOMSCHDL}="xxxxx" then (PO ordered QTY * 30) else if {IV00101.UOMSCHDL}="xxxxx" then (PO ordered QTY * 40) else PO ordered QTY I can only place PO's to the vendor in eaches but I am entering the PO into GP in cases. I have the PO processing side setup correctly, I just need the PO to print now. Thank you! -- CK Create two new calculate...

Could very much use a Field List
I apologize if this is out there already, but it seems that at least a few field names changed from 1.2 to 1.3. Although I had downloaded a field list before, from here, I cannot even find that original post, let alone any more recent that might contain the correct field names. I need to do some custom SQL and would prefer not to reinvent the wheel. Thanks in advance very much to anyone who could help. Bud Izen Salem Oregon Do you have MS Access? Make a new project and attach to the database as your data source. You will be able to see all the tables and the field names. It has been ...

Sync multiple e-mail accounts
I run Outlook 2007 and Windows Mobile 6. How do I get my contacts and calendar to syncronize between my phone and two e-mail accounts on my computer (G-mail and kiwilink)? "Need to Sync" <Need to Sync@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ED27720-6208-41A4-BED3-F875E32D4FEB@microsoft.com... >I run Outlook 2007 and Windows Mobile 6. How do I get my contacts and > calendar to syncronize between my phone and two e-mail accounts on my > computer (G-mail and kiwilink)? Google Sync should work for gmail. I have no idea what "kiwilink"...

Adding Hyperlink to multiple values within a cell
My spreadsheet contains a list of people. The cell next to each nam contains multiple numeric values for identifying a specific piece o information. I would like to be able to click on one of those number (value) and a comment window pop up with the information associate with it, or be hyperlinked to the information further down th speadsheet. I want to avoid using multiple cells for this. Is this possible? Thank -- t2tru ----------------------------------------------------------------------- t2true's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=387 View this...

How can i null out a field going through CRM Update object
I have a custom field that i want to set back to null. Any ideas how i can do this through the object.update function? thanks ...

My recipients recieving multiple copies
I'm using Outlook 2002 with Win XP Pro. I have dial up (POP3 & SMTP) in a little town with old phone lines. My recipients (never more than 50) sometimes recieve from 2 to 10 copies of the same message. I have increased the server time-out time from 1 minute to 9 minutes ( I figured that out on my own) but I'm not yet sure if that's the solution because my ISP guy tells me that Outlook really wasn't designed to send one message to more than 3 recipients esp. Bcc (I find that remark very hard to believe). My ISP guy tells me I should get an email program designed t...

Combo values from query based on form fields
I am setting the values for a combo box in a form(s) via a query that 'filters' the results with criteria based upon the values of other fields on the form. The combo is a field that is bound. However, this is giving all kinds of problems ranging from Access completely crashing to being asked for the parameter values of those criteria fields when closing the form. I have tried making the combo an unbound field and then setting the value of the bound field to that unbound field after update, but that still leads to the same issues. How can I do this? As example - I have a form w...

Multiple stationeries #2
Hi We have three divisions in the company and need different stationery for each of them. Outlook, as far as I can see, only supports one stationery at a time. Is there a way to create three stationeries as html files and then load them somehow, may be via vba code, using buttons on toolbar? Is there a better way? Thanks Regards If you create three .html files and store them in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery directory, they will be accessible from within the stationery chooser. -- Eric Legault (Outlook MVP, MCDBA, old school WOSA MCSD, B.A.) Try Pic...

Conditional text field Total
Hi, In the detail section of a report I have a text box that based on a condition, it will be either a 0 or a 1. I want to total the control at the end of the report. I did this in another report a couple of years ago but it is not working now. In the previous report, the ControlSource of the total is = [TextBoxNameFromDetailSection] and it sums correctly. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks. Leah -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201001/1 Thanks but I see what was missing - "running sum over ...

Multiple Email Accounts in Windows Live Mail
I added a yahoo.com email address within Windows Live Mail and decided against it. I removed it from the Live Mail properties but yahoo emails continue to post within Live Mail desktop. I've checked the obvious settings but can't find anything to change to make this stop. I want to totally remove yahoo.com email from Windows Live and access yahoo emails from the Internet. Do you by chance have a Hotmail account and in the account on the web site told it fetch mail from Yahoo? Hotmail website: Options, More Options,. Send and receive mail from other e-mail account...

is it possible to host multiple CRM databases on 1 SQL server?
Hi, Is it possible to host two separate (on premise) CRM server databases on one SQL server? I am trying to achieve the above scenario, but there can only be one MSCRM_config database on any one instance of the SQL server. The Implementation guide isn't too clear about what to do in this situation. - Can two CRM databases share the same MSCRM_config file? - Do I need to install another instance of SQL server for the second CRM database? Or is there another solution? Thanks Depends on your CRM installation. If you are running the Enterprise version, then you can add a new org...

remove carriage return in multiple cells
Hello, I have an excel sheet with lots of data. Unfortunately lots of cells contain carriage returns. Is there a way to remove the carriage returns in those cells (more returns in a cell possible)? Thanks, Andy > Andy Select your range, then CTRL+H. In Find What, type 0010 (number keypad) while holding down ALT. Click Replace All. HTH, Andy Try running this macro: Sub RemoveCRLF() Cells.Replace Chr(10), "" Cells.Replace Chr(13), "" End Sub Afterward you may want to turn off Wrap Text (under Format, Cells, Alignment) for the affected cells. -- Jim...

ADO Field is Nothing error
Running ANY integration on version 10 (have SP 4 installed in Dynamics AND integration manager) yields this error for EVERY user except me (I am an administrator on our domain). There are no symbols or weird charcters. These worked fine a couple months ago, but now no one can run any. These are not even sql optimized eConnect one. They are basic standard integrations. Are you using a shared Integration Manager database or does each user have their own. If the latter, then users may not be seeing the file you are seeing in the location you are seeing it. Best regards, --...

trying to select the last 3 digits of a field
hello all this is the query im using (I am looking to get the last 3 characters of a field): rep_code: Right(tablename.fieldname,3) And I get this error: IDBC--call failed [Informix][Infomirx ODBC Driver][Informix]A syntax error has occurred. (#-201) Is it something wrong with my query or something outside Access 2003 (since the table I am trying to work with its using an ODBC conexion)? Any ideas??? Thanks ...

Automatic Find and Populate
Ok, I have several spreadsheets that represent bills and have tabs that represent the months. So, when I recieve a new bill for the month, I copy last month's bill onto a new tab, and rename it using the billing cycle. Each year, for each account number is contained in its own workbook- ie: account 245-9999 has a workbook for 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005; within that workbook are tabs for Jan, Feb, Mar, etc. Ok, on a single month's tab, there are anywhere from 10 to 900 individual line items representing circuits. What I want to do is create a separate spreadsheet that lists unique c...

lookup value based on multiple criteria
Banging my head on this one... can anyone help?? I've got several thousand rows of data in three columns, structured similar to example below. Each set of ID numbers represents a separate contact entry (person) in an address book. FIELDNAME could include one or more of about 200 fields, and VALUE may be blank. ID FIELDNAME VALUE 1 FirstName Bob 1 LastName Smith 1 Company Tech Smith, Inc. 2 LastName Johnson 2 Company <blank> 2 FirstName Jim I've got a second sheet set up with all of the 200 possible FIEL...

collating multiple page catalog
I recently got a HP business inkjet 1100d-previously had HP 932. Multiple page catalog in Pub 2002. Was able to print multiple copies & collate with 932. Now Pub will not collate. Word will collate. I tried the old 932 with the catalog after installing the 1100 & it will no longer collate. HP says it probably is a software problem since it works with Word. HELP & thanks ...

Using Access database to "populate" Excel Sheets
Please help!!! I am willing to PAY anyone who can get this to run fo me. I have been trying for 5 days now trying to use a DBVlookup function t populate fields in Excel. I used examples from 4 different forums usin this function, but I cannot get any of them to work. I am somewhat ne to VBA so forgive me if I am not making sense in my questions. I have Excel Spreadsheet called "Account_Number". It is set up a follows: Column A is called "Account Number"..... Column B is called "Looked u description in Access". Account Number Description...

Reversing a cancelled contract in Field Service Contract Adminstra
I am a regular lurker on this board and really appreciate the information I have learned here so far. I have a specific question that I'm hoping someone can help me with. We are on GP 10.0 and use Field Service Contract Administration to manage customer contracts and billing. We processed a cancellation on a contract in Contract Administration (Field Service - Transactions - Contract Administration - Contract Entry/Update - Selected a contract - clicked Cancel button - completed info). This contract is now showing as "Cancelled" in the bottom right corner of that screen. ...

Multiple CRM Servers with Multiple Exchange Servers
I've read several places that you can't have multiple CRM servers in a single domain work properly b/c the Exchange Router will only work with one Exchange server. What if you have multiple Exchange servers? Can you use say CRM Server 1 with Exchange Server 1 and CRM Server 2 with Exchange Server 2? yes this should work as each exchange server will also have a microsoft crm exchange connector on it which will only communicate with one crm web server "TG" <TG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E82D2C8B-CA11-4B66-BF28-083CF98E49A2@microsoft.com......