Populate multiple records via check boxes

I've read through some of the posts here and found similar situations with
solutions but I just can't quite understand how to do this. I am trying to
use form controls i.e. checkboxes and/or multiselect list boxes to populate
multiple records from a related table. I have 3 tables: teachers, subjects, &
subjects_to_teachers. In the table "teachers_to_subjects" each record
contains one teacher & one subject. The purpose of this table is to relate
teachers to subjects in a many-to-many fashion.

I have a primary form which shows teacher info. What I want is a form
control on my primary form that will allow a user to select subjects per
teacher thereby populating my "teachers_to_subjects" table. I am guessing I
can do this via a subform but I am struggling with the rest. I would like to
use check boxes where the user checks all subjects that apply to a teacher
but I'm also interested in knowing how to use a multiselect list box to
perform this function as well.

If you understand what I mean and can help me accomplish this. I'll greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!!!
Sparlaman

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Multiple name appearances
Have a list of 1000 names trying to sort by appearances >5. Not sure if Lookup or Hlookup? Pat318 wrote: > Have a list of 1000 names trying to sort by appearances >5. > Not sure if Lookup or Hlookup? If your list is in A1:A1000, put this in B1:B1000 and sort by column B: =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$1000,A1) ...

deleting multiple rows
Hello: I need to be able to delete multiple rows out of a worksheet. What I need to be able to do is have a function/macro that can identify a string of characters and then delete all the rows that have those characters. For example, if row 4, 18, and 45 all had "blue" in them (assume column is A), then I need something to go delete row, 4, 18, and 45. At the top of my worksheet I will have several, probably about 3, criteria, such as, "blue", "red", and "green" that will all need to be deleted. Now here's where I really need help. A row may ...

Can't send via Outlook 2000
Hi folks - I'd appreciate your help. All of a sudden, with no changes on my part, I cannot send via Outlook 2000. I can receive (I use netaddress.com for incoming), but I can't send out (I use outgoing.verizon.net). I have a DSL connection. Verizon says all is fine on their end and with my set up. My anti-virus is current and has no issues. The emails I send stay in my outbox, and it keeps attempting to send them. Error messages vary, but they are usually of the gist that the TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server (outgoing.verizon.net). Any insigh...

Unable to Migrate Exchange 5.5 mail boxes to 2003 with the Migration Wizard
Hi, We are trying to migrate from and NT4 Domain with Exchange 5.5 to 2003/AD with Exchage 2003. We have the AD Domain set up. The NT4 Domain is still in place and on the same network, so our AD domain is similar but different (the "inc" has been dropped from the NetBIOS name). We have 2 Domain Controllers, and a brand new system to run Exchange 2003 on. It is clean, only has the OS and Exchange on it (we have problems when we get the critical updates. It seems linked to the exchange database going belly up, and we can't install exchange in the first place if the updates are ap...

Unique records in Pivot Tables
Excel 2000 I have data that stores Client Invitation to Tender and Supplier Contract details. Each Client ITT is uniquely identified. However we send out the same ITT to many suppliers so each request for service is given the same identifier, eg Reference Client/Supplier Contract Name Value Status AC/001 Client blah 4,000 pend AC/002 Client blah2 5,000 pend AS/001 Supplier blah3 3,000 pend AS/001 Supplier blah3 3,000 pend When I create my table by Client to get the total value pending ...

Does anyone know how to assign tasks to multiple individuals?
We use organizational boxes and have ocassion to send tasks out to other org boxes (6 usually). The problem is that you (apparently) lose the ability to track individually when you do this. Does anyone have any ideas, other than assigning 6 separate tasks (1 for each org box...). Thanks! ...

Combo Box problem 08-04-07
Why is my combo box in both the table and the bound form not accepting the hand-typed value and produces a "value not an item in the list" error even though I know for sure the value IS in the list? When I select the value from the list it wqorks fine and goes on to the next field.... Thanks Hi, Dennis. > Why is my combo box in both the table and the bound form not accepting the > hand-typed value and produces a "value not an item in the list" error even > though I know for sure the value IS in the list? No, the value _isn't_ in the list, because you ...

Records will not open
I am experiencing a problem with certain records within CRM that will not open. The system will try and try to open the record (pinging out two processors) until it finally times out. This is only with certain records but not others... Any suggestions? We experienced a similar problem. We created those records again (Leads) and deleted the old ones... all worked fine then "Phillip Sperry" <phillip.sperry@mxsecure.com> wrote in message news:9FeSb.10804$QJ3.6760@fed1read04... > I am experiencing a problem with certain records within CRM that will not > open. The syst...

How to output file to remote server via Out-File -filepath
I am using Invoke-Sqlcmd from SQLPS to execute a stored proc, and want to output a log to a path on the remote server that I get earlier in my script. So first I get the path by querying a table, and capture it in a $Path variable: $Path=Invoke-Sqlcmd -Query "select value from MyTable where name = 'Path';" -Database MyDB -ServerInstance "$Servername" I then try to execute my stored proc, and put the output to the path I got earlier: Invoke-Sqlcmd -Query "EXEC MyStoredProc;" -QueryTimeout 65534 -Database MyDB -ServerInstance "$Serve...

Employee Expense Description on Check Stub #3
How do you add the description from Employee Expense Entry in Project Accounting to the Payables check with stub on top and bottom? Thanks, Jocelyn ...

Hide text box
I am trying to hide a text box on a subform if a check box is = to false. I am close in doing so, but not there yet. This is what I have In the AfterUpdate property of the check box I have the following: Private Sub RevisedGrant_AfterUpdate() If Me![RevisedGrant] = True Then If MsgBox("Are you sure you want to revise this grant?", vbYesNo) = vbNo Then Me![RevisedGrant] = False MsgBox "Grant will NOT be revised", vbOKOnly Forms![DataEntryFrm]![ItemSubFrm]![Total$ofItemsRequestedSubfrm].Form![Revised Total Approved].Visibl...

Sync multiple e-mail accounts
I run Outlook 2007 and Windows Mobile 6. How do I get my contacts and calendar to syncronize between my phone and two e-mail accounts on my computer (G-mail and kiwilink)? "Need to Sync" <Need to Sync@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ED27720-6208-41A4-BED3-F875E32D4FEB@microsoft.com... >I run Outlook 2007 and Windows Mobile 6. How do I get my contacts and > calendar to syncronize between my phone and two e-mail accounts on my > computer (G-mail and kiwilink)? Google Sync should work for gmail. I have no idea what "kiwilink"...

Adding Hyperlink to multiple values within a cell
My spreadsheet contains a list of people. The cell next to each nam contains multiple numeric values for identifying a specific piece o information. I would like to be able to click on one of those number (value) and a comment window pop up with the information associate with it, or be hyperlinked to the information further down th speadsheet. I want to avoid using multiple cells for this. Is this possible? Thank -- t2tru ----------------------------------------------------------------------- t2true's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=387 View this...

VBA Combo Box
I have a combo box that I want to populate with a list of names. I do not want to reference names in the worksheet - using "RowSource" - I want to write the names in the code. I tried the following code: Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() With ComboBox1 ..RowSource = "" ..AddItem "Male" ..AddItem = "Female" End With End Sub This gives me an error. Does anyone know where the code should be added. Is this on a userform? If yes, then maybe it should be in the Userform_initialize procedure? If it's on a worksheet, maybe in the auto_open or workbook...

List Box no displaying added choices
I have several drop-down list boxes in a few forms that I am having trouble with. When I originally set up the database, I created the tables and entered a few items to be included in the drop down list in the lookup section of the table (design view). I then created the forms and inserted those fields. I have since added several new choices to the drop-down list of the table, and those new selections are available in the Table, but they are not available in the Form. The only items available in the drop down list on the Form are those choices that were originally there when I set up the fo...

Print employee record summary Inquiry report
How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? There's not a report you can print from the window. You can either do a screen shot of it or create a custom report. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Hazvi" wrote: > How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? ...

Print dialog box using VBA in excel
Hi Everyone, I like to add a print button (that will select several worksheets and print them) in my excel worksheet. I have recorded my action using the macro recorder the problem is I can't select the printer everytime I run the macro it print in the background without asking the user to select the printer and uses the default printer. Can anyone help?? I just want the user to be able to select the desired printer every time before printing. My current code: Sub Print_All() Sheets(Array("Sheet 1", "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3", "Sheet 5)).Select 'intent...

CLick on Box to enter time of day
I have a worksheet where payment is entered in column C. I would like to use Column B as a time stamp. In other words as soon as data is entered in C5 then the exact time comes up in B5. When data is entered in C6 then the exact time cones up in C5. I do not want this time to change even when the page is saved and opened later on. Elfego You can enter a static time in a cell by hitting CTRL + SHIFT + ;(semi-colon) You could also use event code to enter a static date when you enter something in a cell. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) 'when entering data in ...

Removing gray shading in protected forms (drop down box)
Hello- I am creating some contract templates for my company's sales force using Word 2003. I am using the forms toolbar to insert checkboxes and drop down boxes from which to select deliverable specifications. The problem is that when a user selects an option from the drop down box, the gray shading remains. I know the sales teams HATE the gray shading because they don't think it looks very good when sending to customers. Is there a way to disable the shading when an option is selected? Thanks. You can remove form field shading altogether using the corresponding b...

Multiple stationeries #2
Hi We have three divisions in the company and need different stationery for each of them. Outlook, as far as I can see, only supports one stationery at a time. Is there a way to create three stationeries as html files and then load them somehow, may be via vba code, using buttons on toolbar? Is there a better way? Thanks Regards If you create three .html files and store them in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery directory, they will be accessible from within the stationery chooser. -- Eric Legault (Outlook MVP, MCDBA, old school WOSA MCSD, B.A.) Try Pic...

My recipients recieving multiple copies
I'm using Outlook 2002 with Win XP Pro. I have dial up (POP3 & SMTP) in a little town with old phone lines. My recipients (never more than 50) sometimes recieve from 2 to 10 copies of the same message. I have increased the server time-out time from 1 minute to 9 minutes ( I figured that out on my own) but I'm not yet sure if that's the solution because my ISP guy tells me that Outlook really wasn't designed to send one message to more than 3 recipients esp. Bcc (I find that remark very hard to believe). My ISP guy tells me I should get an email program designed t...

Duplicate message box
Hi... Can u pls.anybody suggest for my below query..? My query is.... I set Primary key for 4 field together as i need to check duplicate values for these 4 field. When i enter the data into the form, it restricts to enter the duplicate values by giving the below message. "The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index,primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields thagt contain duplicate data,remove the index,or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again." But, i ne...

Multiple Email Accounts in Windows Live Mail
I added a yahoo.com email address within Windows Live Mail and decided against it. I removed it from the Live Mail properties but yahoo emails continue to post within Live Mail desktop. I've checked the obvious settings but can't find anything to change to make this stop. I want to totally remove yahoo.com email from Windows Live and access yahoo emails from the Internet. Do you by chance have a Hotmail account and in the account on the web site told it fetch mail from Yahoo? Hotmail website: Options, More Options,. Send and receive mail from other e-mail account...

is it possible to host multiple CRM databases on 1 SQL server?
Hi, Is it possible to host two separate (on premise) CRM server databases on one SQL server? I am trying to achieve the above scenario, but there can only be one MSCRM_config database on any one instance of the SQL server. The Implementation guide isn't too clear about what to do in this situation. - Can two CRM databases share the same MSCRM_config file? - Do I need to install another instance of SQL server for the second CRM database? Or is there another solution? Thanks Depends on your CRM installation. If you are running the Enterprise version, then you can add a new org...

remove carriage return in multiple cells
Hello, I have an excel sheet with lots of data. Unfortunately lots of cells contain carriage returns. Is there a way to remove the carriage returns in those cells (more returns in a cell possible)? Thanks, Andy > Andy Select your range, then CTRL+H. In Find What, type 0010 (number keypad) while holding down ALT. Click Replace All. HTH, Andy Try running this macro: Sub RemoveCRLF() Cells.Replace Chr(10), "" Cells.Replace Chr(13), "" End Sub Afterward you may want to turn off Wrap Text (under Format, Cells, Alignment) for the affected cells. -- Jim...