Password on access

Hi!!
I'm working on a database that has a few tables that everyone can access. I
want to give permision to other people to see them but not to change any of
the data.
I have tried to make users and administrators but it seems to work in only
one computer...
Does someone know how to do this?

Thank u very much!!!
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 07:34:02 -0700, Yael <Yael@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi!!
>I'm working on a database that has a few tables that everyone can access. I
>want to give permision to other people to see them but not to change any of
>the data.
>I have tried to make users and administrators but it seems to work in only
>one computer...
>Does someone know how to do this?
>
>Thank u very much!!!

You should CERTAINLY have a split database, with a backend containing only the
tables, and each user getting a frontend with the code, forms, reports, etc.

With the frontend you can implement Access security (for 2003 and earlier,
they took it away in 2007). Study (CAREFULLY) the Microsoft Access 2000
Security FAQ:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/207793/en-us
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Problem with OutputTo in Access 2007 + Visual Studio 2005
Please forgive me if I'm posting to the wrong group. I'm converting an application I wrote in Visual Studio 2002 + MS Access 2002. It was a console application that was executed from an Access Macro. The application would open up the current Access Database, it would export a particular report to HTML, then it would call a webservice on a remote server to send out the exported file via email to a distribution list. I'm converting this to Visual Studio 2005 + MS Access 2007, so that I can export the reports to PDF. Everything converted over just fine, except that I can no longe...

Can't Send Messages Using Outlook Web Access & XP
Our users with Windows XP cannot send messages using OWA. I've read a few KB articles about some incompatabilities between XP and OWA, but none of the proposed fixes (using the "basic" rather than "premium" client, or changing the security settings in IE) seem to solve this last problem. When they click on "send", it generates an unspecified "error on page". The problem occurs using IE and Firefox, but just on XP machines. My Windows 2000 machine works fine using IE and even my Macintosh using Safari (gasp!) works. ...

Administrator Access
I need a way in exchange for an administrator to be able to easily gain access to a user's account... without changing their password. I read that adding users to the "Send on Behalf" list in the active directory account does this, but this is not the case. We need to be able to see a user's account in the exact same way as a user sees it either via outlook or web mail without having to go in and change their password. Additionally I need an easy way to dump email into a user's account. The migration wizard IS NOT the solution. All I want to do is take RFC822 ...

the program "access"
I have a lot of data in the program "access" which I am unable to get to using MAC. I need someone to assist me in migrating the data over. my attempts are failing In article <1191720385.419936.207900@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>, stevelaudig@gmail.com wrote: > I have a lot of data in the program "access" which I am unable to get > to using MAC. I need someone to assist me in migrating the data over. > my attempts are failing See http://www.agentjim.com/MVP/Excel/RelationalOffice.htm and http://www.agentjim.com/MVP/Excel/ExcelHome.htm You ca...

Excel to Access database
Does anyone know how to convert a Excel document to an Access database? I got this link off of Microsoft.com http://tinyurl.com/2nqo5 If I understand correctly, I could enter data into an excell spreadsheet, which I am at least somewhat familiar with. When I'm done, I could convert it into a new Access database without setting up the Access forms. Any help is greatly appreciated. Gordon --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Gordon: Hi. If there are headers to your columns, they should be in row1. In Access, start a new database file. In the "Tables"...

Excel template and access questions
We are going to use the Excel purhase order templates. We need to save each order in order to refer back to it. Is there a way to do this without saving each individual file (order)? Can we save in some sort of easy to locate "batch"? Also, is there a way to transfer a template that we have done (and all the data realted to it) into a Acess database withouthaveing to so much tweaking? If you have Access, I would suggest creating your purchase order database in Access and then having a mail merge push this information into an Excel template as needed, rather than going the othe...

Convert old Q&A database to access
Does anyone know a free way of converting an old DOS based Q&A .dtf database to Access? There are only 6 fields: first name, last name, date of birth, date of death, cemetary, war if any. This is for a non profit that has been building a cemetary database for years and need to get something modern. I will build the Acces piece for free. But if I can't convert the data for free the project is dead. There may even be an export option within Q&A that would help. I didn't have enough time to look at it so far. thanks in advance, Mark Can Q&A export to .CSV (or any...

Report on a specific printer, bug in access 2007?
Dear all, in access 2007, I can click the "page setup" menu then the "page setup" button, and choose to print the report on a specific printer. However, after saving the report and re-opening it, he still prints on default printer. The specific printer setting is not saved with the report (this worked with all previous versions of access, it seems the specific printer setting has no effect anymore). Does someone know where I could find a patch or a workaround for this? (no updates are found through office update, and this might be critical for some applications). Regard...

Money 2000 Windows XP SP2 Password problems
Hi. * I have reformatted my hard drive (On a Compaq Table TC1000) & reinstalled Windows XP Pro Tablet. * I have then installed the Windows XP SP2. I then restored my backups, which included my mny data file from Money 2000. * I then (amongst other software installs) installed Money from the original CD. * When I tried to start Money, it asks for the password as usual BUT it doesn't accept the usual password. * I have checked that it is the right file, checked Caps Lock, typed carefully several times - to no avail. * Are you aware of any problems with Money 2000 & SP2? I...

Error accessing database
Hi all, I'm trying to log into a newly added database, but get the error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Prodecure or function smCleanUpFilesBeforeLigin has too many arguments specified. Then, clicking OK, you get another one: The stored procedure smCleanUpFilesBeforeLogin returned the following results: DBMS: 8144, Great Plains: 0. What has happened there, and how can I resolve it please? This happens even when logging in as 'sa' to the database. Thanks all, John ...

very simple and useful, email password recovery tool
Outlook Password Recovery is a easy-to-use and wide compatiable tool, capable of instantly recovering email passwords for popular email clients, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Incredimail, Eudora, etc. http://www.top-password.com/outlook-password-recovery.html -- johneou johneou wrote: > Outlook Password Recovery is a easy-to-use and wide compatiable tool, > capable of instantly recovering email passwords for popular email > clients, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Incredimail, > Eudora, etc. > > http://www.top-password.com/outlook-pa...

Install program build on Access 2003 on Window 7?
I have an application designed by a professional progammer that was built on Access 2003 with VBA. I am going to give it to students to run on their laptops. Some of them may have Vista or Window 7 operating systems. Will the application install and run? It installs with a 2003 RT version. I have found that the RT has to be removed when install on a machine with Office 2007. -- Ed Comp Analyst Whether or not it'll work on Vista or Win7 depends on whether the application was packaged correctly. Both Vista and Win7 are stricter about where the application (i.e. the MDB o...

user name and password not being retained in WindowsMail
I have Vista 32bit sp2, IE8 and WindowsMail. I had this problem on my XP/Outlook Express machine and found an answer, but can't find one for WindowsMail. Please note that I have had this set-up for several months and never incurred this problem. Even earlier today everything was working fine. It looks as if I can send messages, but when I click on send/receive button to receive messages I get a screen asking for my username and password. I have it set to remember in 'tools' 'accounts', but it isn't remembering it. Does anyone have a suggestion on how...

Using Access database to "populate" Excel Sheets
Please help!!! I am willing to PAY anyone who can get this to run fo me. I have been trying for 5 days now trying to use a DBVlookup function t populate fields in Excel. I used examples from 4 different forums usin this function, but I cannot get any of them to work. I am somewhat ne to VBA so forgive me if I am not making sense in my questions. I have Excel Spreadsheet called "Account_Number". It is set up a follows: Column A is called "Account Number"..... Column B is called "Looked u description in Access". Account Number Description...

Backend Crash Access 2007
One of our Access 2007 databases seems to have encountered some difficulties with crashing. There are 18 users, and approximately 75000 unique records. This morning the backend crashed and displayed the following error message: unrecognized database format '\\r5\accumteam\prod2010\clmd_be.accdb' r5 is the server name The database then recreated a copy of itself, and all the tables were empty. We were able to restore from backup but are very interested in fixing whatever may be wrong Thanks for any suggestions Marsh Tony Toews has an excellent web page on database cor...

How do I make a column be my default column in Access
I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right not it defaults to my items field. me.controlname.setfocus or in macro GoToControl "controlname" Bonnie http://www.dataplus-svc.com michelle wrote: >I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right >not it defaults to my items field. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 Or, if you don't want to use events, simply set your tab order from the form design view. -- Frank H R...

Will there be a SP1 for Access 2007 runtime
I have an old access application that I would like to port to 2007 - use the Developer Extentions and the accessruntime.exe to be able to distribute it to client without access installed. Unfortunately one of the reports crashes the runtime environmet with an unknown error. The error did also occur in pure Access 2007 - until SP1 was applied. Is there any way to get an updated version of accessruntime.exe Hallo, lnielsen7 meinte: > I have an old access application that I would like to port to 2007 - > use the Developer Extentions and the accessruntime.exe to be able to > dist...

e2k3 sp2: Unknown user name or bad password error
We have an exchange cluster with two nodes that runs exchange 2003 SP2 on windows 2003 Sp1 ent. For security reasons recently I had to change the password for the account under which I installed exchange - the account is exchservice. Since then I get few of the following messages in the security log on the server - any idea how can I stop this? Event Type: Failure Audit Event Source: Security Event Category: Logon/Logoff Event ID: 529 Date: 09/10/2006 Time: 10:30:00 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: EMILYA Description: Logon Failure: Reason: Unknown user name or bad password Us...

No data appears when I do a mail merge from Access to Publisher 2.
When I do a mail merge from access to publisher 2003 there is no data from the access database (it is closed and the query does work) What settings do I need to change? If I remember correctly you cannot merge from a query... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jenny A" <JennyA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88F611CA-389D-4076-8BC5-B6E435B727C4@microsoft.com... > When I do a mail merge from access to publisher 2003 there is no data from > the access database (it is closed and the q...

CFileDialog / access to the listbox of filetypes
Hello, I have a customized file dialog window, which is derived from CFileDialog. Into the dialog is a subwindow in a group box integrated (stc32) which contains the functions of a file dialog. This procedure is from "Inside Visual c++". For my program I need to retrieve a message when the user has changed the filetype which can be chosen in the integrated list box. How can I access this list box? Thank you very much for any clue! Kai Sandner There are notifications that are sent to indicate the current selection. See CFileDialog and read the articles about subclassing CFil...

Where can you download a trial version of Access 2002?
We're still running Windows 2K SP4, and cannot try out the trial version of Office 2007 (minimum system requirements is Windows XP). I need a copy of Access 2002 to open a MDB that was created in 2002 (it won't open in Access 2K). Thanks in advance for your help! Heidi Assuming that you have Access 2000 and this is a one-time event, find someone who has Access 2002 or 2003 and send them the database. They could covert it to the Access 2000 format for you. That would be simpler, and cheaper, than trying to install another version of Access. Assuming that the database isn&#...

exporting report containing image from Access to Excel gets Subscript Out of Range
I have a number of reports in a MS Access application that have a logo picture embedded in the report. When I run the report and choose File, then Export to Excel, I get an error indicating "Subscript Out of Range". If I remove the picture from the report, it works fine. I have tried writing code to set the picture field's "Visible" property to false when an export is attempted, but I still get the error. Any ideas on how to get around this error without removing the embedded picture? Thanks, KR ...

Access 2000 to SQL?
I want to know if you'd recommend that a novice convert back end data files to SQL database tables. I want to continue using Access 2000 as front-end. Our users are placing high demand on data tables requiring frequent compact and repairs. Any other suggestions? I kind of doubt that a novice will be able to handle that. It will take an experienced SQL Server programmer/DBA to do the job correctly. -- Lynn Trapp MS Access MVP www.ltcomputerdesigns.com Access Security: www.ltcomputerdesigns.com/Security.htm "Denise" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Mapped Drive
We are experiencing a strange little problem. We are running SBS2003. Four XP machines access the server mainly for Exchange, My Document redirect, and a few shared folders. All workstations are located in the same office space. I will refer to the problem PC as "Store" and the user as "POS". A folder located on the server is mapped as dive "Z" at Store PC. When user POS attempts to browse said folder he encounters the "Acces is denied" message. If other user log into Store PC with their respective accounts they are able to browse shared fo...

ADO, Recordset and two Access mdbs?
I have two Access database, and I want copy records from DB1 to DB2. If have records from DB1mdb in ADODB.recordset, could I insert records to DB2.mdb (Same table structure/name) directly (whitout creating insert -sql statement)? How? I have two ADODB.connections, ofcourse. I'm using VB6 and ADO... "Major" <lievonen@jyu.fi.HALOOOOOOOO> wrote in message <news:eN9basLuDHA.2304@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... > I have two Access database, > and I want copy records from DB1 to DB2. > > If have records from DB1mdb in ADODB.recordset, > could I insert record...