Parameter query to find null dates at runtime

Hi Everybody

I am trying to be able to filter records by whether the date field
which is called "RiskDate" in the
recordset, is either:

1. Is Null
2. Not Null

The parameter in the query field RiskDate is:
Like "*" & [Forms]![frmCommissionContainer]![ComboRiskDate]

But I cannot figure what to put in ComboRiskDate to supply the
parameter at runtime.

Most grateful if anyone could help.

0
bobdydd
7/24/2007 8:26:12 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

One approach would be to put anything you like in the combo box ("Null" and
"Not Null" or even "Red" and "Blue" if that means something to you).

You'd then want the WHERE clause in your SQL to look like:

WHERE ((RiskDate IS NULL) AND
([Forms]![frmCommissionContainer]![ComboRiskDate] = "Null"))
OR ((RiskDate IS NOT NULL) AND
([Forms]![frmCommissionContainer]![ComboRiskDate] = "Not Null"))

You might be able to specify this in the query grid as:

IS NULL AND [Forms]![frmCommissionContainer]![ComboRiskDate] = "Null"

on one  line, and

IS NOT NULL AND [Forms]![frmCommissionContainer]![ComboRiskDate] = "Not
Null"

on another line, although I'd recommend going into the SQL view and making
sure it's correct.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"bobdydd" <reallyuseful2004@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi Everybody
>
> I am trying to be able to filter records by whether the date field
> which is called "RiskDate" in the
> recordset, is either:
>
> 1. Is Null
> 2. Not Null
>
> The parameter in the query field RiskDate is:
> Like "*" & [Forms]![frmCommissionContainer]![ComboRiskDate]
>
> But I cannot figure what to put in ComboRiskDate to supply the
> parameter at runtime.
>
> Most grateful if anyone could help.

0
Douglas
7/24/2007 8:44:25 PM
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:26:12 -0700, bobdydd <reallyuseful2004@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>Hi Everybody
>
>I am trying to be able to filter records by whether the date field
>which is called "RiskDate" in the
>recordset, is either:
>
>1. Is Null
>2. Not Null
>
>The parameter in the query field RiskDate is:
>Like "*" & [Forms]![frmCommissionContainer]![ComboRiskDate]
>
>But I cannot figure what to put in ComboRiskDate to supply the
>parameter at runtime.
>
>Most grateful if anyone could help.

Well, Like won't work. What are the actual values of the bound column in
ComboRiskDate? If (e.g.) it's the text strings IS NULL and IS NOT NULL, try

WHERE (RiskDate IS NULL AND  [Forms]![frmCommissionContainer]![ComboRiskDate]
= "IS NULL")
OR (RiskDate IS NOT NULL AND  [Forms]![frmCommissionContainer]![ComboRiskDate]
= "IS NOT NULL")

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
7/24/2007 9:39:12 PM
Thanks guys

Some success

I managed to do this in the query grid by putting in the RiskDate
Column

0. Is Null
1. Is Not Null

I then added another "Unseen column" with "Forms]!
[frmCommissionContainer]![ComboRiskDate"
and then put
0
Or 1
In that column. And bingo the combo box selects correctly

0
bobdydd

Date Formatting when Concantenating

Show a date 30 days out
I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. Sold Date feild would be 1 Jan 07 so the feild would show 30 Days later 31 Jan 07. I did =[Sold date]+30 and it did not work Thanks how about dateadd: dateadd("d", 30, [Sold Date]) -- steve. "KAnoe" <KAnoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE9BDDAE-5C84-4A52-8185-DAB6C3167E7A@microsoft.com... >I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days > for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. > ...

Dates in fomula showing as whole number

Finding characters within a text
Hi How to check, using single formula, that a text within a certain cell contains one of certain characters? For instance, how to check if there is a 'R', 'L' or 'Ps' character within cell A1 that reads 'W-RII'. Thanks in advance Hmm..not very elegant, but maybe =NOT(AND(ISERROR(FIND("R",A1)),ISERROR(FIND("L",A1)),ISERROR(FIND("P",A1)))) Returns TRUE if the text in A1 contains 'R', 'L' or 'Ps' . FIND is case-sensitive, use SEARCH if you also want to find lower-case characters. Cheers, Joerg Mochiku...

Sql to find record in a hierarchical chain
Hi, lets say I have a table with 2 fields: myTable Field 1 - ref Field 2 - parentRef Now in the structure there could be numerous chains until you get to the top of the hieratchy (where the ref field = parentRef field). ie ref parentRef 111 222 222 333 333 444 444 444 so in this 444 is top of the chain (there will be many other records as well that are nothing to with 444 and are part of their own hierarchy). So how do I easily relate 111 to 444. Ie how do i find the ultimate top parent for a given 'ref' field. Hope anyone can give me some pointers ...

Finding all queries which use a table

Where do I find SSADM 4+ templates in Visio ?
Hi, I understand SSADM 4+ templates were available in Visio 2002. I have just moved from Smartdraw to Visio Professional 2003 and am having difficulty finding SSADM 4+ templates. Does anyone know where I can find these templates? Are they still available in the 2002 version? ...

XL 2007: How to find out what keyboard shortcuts I've assigned to macros?
Over the years, I've recorded and written a lot of macros. (Probably time to take a week or two and go over them and delete at least half!) I assigned a keyboard shortcut to a lot of them. I seem to remember that before XL 2007, there was a keyboard organizer that I could go through and review what shortcuts I had already assigned to my macros. I can't find that in 2007, though. Is there an easy way to generate a list of all my keyboard assignments and what macros they go to? Ed I don't recall ever seeing any such keyboard organizer in 2007. Canned from a prev...

using parameters
I have a form which the user selects the BlockNo. The other information that is entered in the form is : 1) NoOfRecordedTrees - RT 2)NoOfSurroundingTrees - ST When the BlockNo is entered, a query runs which picks up fertiliser rates for this Block for all sectors within that block. With RT and ST - it should do a calculation such that it uses Rate/ sector * (RT+ST) to find how much fertiliser is needed for each sector in each block. I would like to add a column to the existing query showing FertiliserAmt using these parameters. How do I specify them within the query. Thanks for your great...

date/time formatting

WdfUsbTargetDeviceCreate creates NULL Control Pipe Handle
Hi, We have a usb composite device which has one mass storage interface and another as a network interface. We are developing a WDF driver (NDIS-USB) for the network interface. Immediately after WdfUsbTargetDeviceCreate if I break into the debugger and examine the newly created device, then I see that the Control Pipe Handle is NULL! Here is the actual output: -------- kd> !WDFUSBDEVICE 0x0000057f`fe5905f8 WDFUSBDEVICE 0000057ffe5905f8 ============================= Config descriptor fffffa80037216b0, device descriptor fffffa8001a6fb58 Control USBD_PIPE_HANDLE 000000000000...

Summing in A Query
Hello, I have a database which fuel records are stored in. The data is stored in two tables. The first records the daily logs that operators use each time they fuel up. It stores their name, the key they used (keylock fuel system - it's ancient) the unit number of the equipment using the fuel, and the amount of fuel they took. The second table stores the month end information retrieved from the key lock print out. It keeps a running total of the amount of fuel taken with each key, and the operator using that key. We have problems making sure all of the fuel is accounted for each mon...

Query fields
Is it possible to write a criteria where the value of an empty field is "0.00"? Background: I have three queries with different customer account groups. Not every salesperson has customer accounts in every accountgroup - so, he will not shown up in that query. But he has accounts included in another query. Now, I would like to get a sum of commission earned by each salesman calculated from all three queries together. Since the salesman has no record in one query the total sum of that specific salesman is not shown. Any idea how to solve that problem? Thanks Klaus On Wed, 29 A...

Simple Access counting queries

Query to hide duplicate records
I recall that this used to easy in previous versions (Unique values only ??), but in 2007, I can't get this to work at all. I have a table with our companie's job numbers in it. The job numbers show up multiple times because of different phases of the project: ProjNum ProjDescription 3077 Univ. of Vermont/UC/LEED 3077 Univ. of Vermont/University Commons: Building Fee 3077 Univ. of Vermont/University Commons: Excess Professiona... I need to jut have a single listing of each project number, otherwise, I get repeated records in the query that looks at this information (which ...

Problem with vba code to export query result in excel
Hi, I have a access report that exports to excel with click of a button after choosing parameters. This works well. However I have to modify couple of fields to utilize formula in the export module. I am not sure how to do this. I am writing the above code which seems to cause problem. I appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Thanks. Code: If lngColumn = 12 Then xlc.Offset(0, lngColumn).Value = =([UnitPrice]*[OriginalShippedQty])/1000 End If It seems the fields UnitPrice and OrigianalShippedQty are not being recognized here Jack wrote: >Hi, >I have a acces...

Find and replace with bold in cells

Formula to find last monday (tue, wedn, thu or friday) for a given month
Hi, I need a formula to calculate the date of the last monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday or friday of a given month. Can't seem to find the answer anywhere. example: day: wednesday (or corresponding nr) month: 3 year: 2004 Result: 31/03/04 Who can help? Thank you for reading and eventually answering my question.Back Visit http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm#DaysInMonth -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Michele" <mw001@pandora.be> wrote in message news:b30b6913.0402090708.556d0faa@posting.google.com... > Hi, > I need a...

RPC over HTTP/S on Exchange 2003
I have been configuring my single server with exchange to use RPC over https I have followed the instructions in MS guide and another simplified guide at http://www.petri.co.il/configure_rpc_over_https_on_a_single_server.htm Server spec is: Server 2003 standard SP1, Exchange 2003 SP1, XP client SP2 with outlook 2003 sp2 The bottom line is that when testing from the WAN, the outlook client will not connect and say that the exchange server is unavailable. I have a lot of experience configuring rpc over http/s with sbs2003 but this is the first time for server 2003 standard. I have outlook ...