Parameter query in Access 2003 report

I want to create a parameter query that asks the user to select one,
many, or all values from a field when opening a report. I would like
the selection to be available from a list, radio box,  or pull down
menu to minimize spelling errors, etc. Unfortunately the list is of
names which number about 100. Can this be done? If so, could someone
please point me to the help pages that describe this process?

My solution seems clunky but it is the only way I can see how to do
it. Any suggestions as to how else might I best approach this?

Thanks in advance

Debbie

0
Debbiedo
5/3/2007 11:54:07 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

See my sample database that shows how to use various controls on a form to
filter a report that is opened from the form:
http://www.cadellsoftware.org/SampleDBs.htm#FilterForm

--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"Debbiedo" <deb_dolittle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I want to create a parameter query that asks the user to select one,
> many, or all values from a field when opening a report. I would like
> the selection to be available from a list, radio box,  or pull down
> menu to minimize spelling errors, etc. Unfortunately the list is of
> names which number about 100. Can this be done? If so, could someone
> please point me to the help pages that describe this process?
>
> My solution seems clunky but it is the only way I can see how to do
> it. Any suggestions as to how else might I best approach this?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Debbie

0
Ken
5/4/2007 1:30:01 AM
On May 3, 6:30 pm, "Ken Snell \(MVP\)"
<kthsneisll...@ncoomcastt.renaetl> wrote:
> See my sample database that shows how to use various controls on a form to
> filter a report that is opened from the form:http://www.cadellsoftware.org/SampleDBs.htm#FilterForm
>
> --
>
>         Ken Snell
> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>
> "Debbiedo" <deb_dolit...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >I want to create a parameter query that asks the user to select one,
> > many, or all values from a field when opening a report. I would like
> > the selection to be available from a list, radio box,  or pull down
> > menu to minimize spelling errors, etc. Unfortunately the list is of
> > names which number about 100. Can this be done? If so, could someone
> > please point me to the help pages that describe this process?
>
> > My solution seems clunky but it is the only way I can see how to do
> > it. Any suggestions as to how else might I best approach this?
>
> > Thanks in advance
>
> > Debbie- Hide quoted text -

I have Access 2003. Will any of your downloads work with this version?

0
Debbiedo
5/4/2007 4:01:53 PM
All will work for 2003.

> On May 3, 6:30 pm, "Ken Snell \(MVP\)"
> <kthsneisll...@ncoomcastt.renaetl> wrote:
>> See my sample database that shows how to use various controls on a form
>> filter a report that is opened from the
>> form:http://www.cadellsoftware.org/SampleDBs.htm#FilterForm
>>
>> --
>>
>>         Ken Snell
>> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>>
>> "Debbiedo" <deb_dolit...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> >I want to create a parameter query that asks the user to select one,
>> > many, or all values from a field when opening a report. I would like
>> > the selection to be available from a list, radio box,  or pull down
>> > menu to minimize spelling errors, etc. Unfortunately the list is of
>> > names which number about 100. Can this be done? If so, could someone
>> > please point me to the help pages that describe this process?
>>
>> > My solution seems clunky but it is the only way I can see how to do
>> > it. Any suggestions as to how else might I best approach this?
>>
>> > Thanks in advance
>>
>> > Debbie- Hide quoted text -

> I have Access 2003. Will any of your downloads work with this version?

0
Ken

Outlook 2003 message store limits?
Getting message store has exceeded limits within Outlook 2003. The information store is still getting email, as checking it with webmail or Outlook 2000 works just fine. Does anyone know where or how to change the defaults message store on the Outlook 2003 client As far as i'm aware - there's no client-side settings of this type in Outlook. Are you running on an Exchange server? There are message store limits within Exchange. But you say you have no problem with Outlook 2000 or webmail, implying you just use Outlook as a Internet Mail client? Bobby >-----Origina...

Outlook 2003 won't receive email
When I try to send mail in Outlook 2003, I get a dialog box saying "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I want to make Outlook 2003 the default emailer but can't receive email! -- davidx Have you tried closing Outlook and deleting the <profile_name>.SRS file? (This is going to delete all Send/Receive settings. You will have to reconfigure any special settings you had.) Another option might be to create a new mail profile via the mail applet in the control panel. (Don't copy the existing profile. Make a new one and switch to it to see if ...

Outlook 2003: reply to all doesn't include self
I just installed Outlook 2003 (love it so far) but when I reply to all, my own address doesn't appear in the TO:, CC: or BC: fields -- and I want it to. In my old Outlook (2000 version) my address was included automatically (assuming it was in the original message I'm replying to) and in installing Outlook 2003 I migrated all my settings, so I don't know why it changed. More perplexingly, I can't figure out how to accomplish this. In sum: When I receive a multi-recipient email and reply to all, how do I rig Outlook 2003 so that my own address is automatically incl...

Connecting to boxes moved from 5.5 to 2003
I have a small organization, with about 60 clients and I'm working on an AD converison. I worked with a consultant to setup a new AD domain with the requisite trust with my old NT domain and the ADC. I have no problem moving test boxes over to the AD/Exchange03 machine, but I am not certain what the next steps in the process for accessing the moved boxes should be. I though I could simply "enable" the moved accounts I see in AD Users and Computers, but even after resetting pw's and enableing the acct, I am immediately challenged with a bad pw/username error when I atte...

Income and Expense reports
When I record a sell in a money market account it shows up as income in the Income and Expense reports. I can't seem to find a way to record it as a sell but not be counted as income. This happens on some MM accounts but not others but I don't know why. I sure hate it when I sell 2k to buy an equity and my sale is counted as monthly income. Any thoughts as to what I'm missing? I have used the transfer feature as a work around but then the purchase either has to come from a dummy account or share adjustment. ...

management reporter error
Hello, When I try to produce a report, I'm getting a message that says "This report contains one or more errors that prevent it from being rendered". Are there any hints to determining my mistakes? -- Greg. Greg, No blank rows can be included in the range for a TOT unless they have a format code of DES (this may have been true in FRx but I don?t remember) Also, there is no error indicated when you save the row format. See is this situation exists in your row format. For example if you have a TOT which is 100:200 and row 190 is a blank row (without a format cod...

Outlook 2003 HTML formatting problem
After upgrading clients to Outlook 2003 we've started to experience a strange problem with emails formatted in HTML. The scenario goes like this. 1. A local user creates an HTML formatted email and sends it to an external recipient. 2. The external recipient replies to the original message. 3. Originator replies to the reply 4. The external recipient receives the HTML formatted email with portions of the text grossly enlarged. 5. Upon review, it would appear that the external HTML client dropped a (.) changing the font size from 10.0 to 100 causing the enlarged text. Editing the HT...

IE settings from Outlook 2003...
Hi I am trying to get the language information from Internet Explorer When i load this webside inside of Outlook, I can't get the HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE property If I load it from Internet Explore, outside Outlook, the property is ok Below is the asp code <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="5; "> <% Response.CacheControl = "no-cache" Response.Expires = -1 Response.Write(Now()) Response.Write("<BR>") TheLanguage = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE") TheLanguages = Split (TheLanguage, ",") Numberoflangua...

OWA, access meeting types
Hello: We are looking for a way to modify meeting labels (the color of the meeting entry in the Outlook Calendar) in Outlook Web Access. We have been looking around for 3rd party products that may support this, but so far we have not found anything. Does anybody know of any products, that will give users access to the "label" attribute for meetings in Outlook Web Access? Thanks in advance.... -- Chris ...

2003 Excel Macros Run Slowly
I upgraded to Office 2003 and have a macro in one of my spreadsheets. When I execute this macro it runs very, very slowly i.e. mulitple minutes vs 2 sec on Office 2000. Is there anything I should be doing to improve the speed? Regards, Ed Close excel, clean up your windows temp folder. set calculation to manual, run your code, reset it to what it was. Turn screenupdating off when you start and on when you finish. turn the display of pagebreaks off when you start. Lots of my macros have this at the top: Dim CalcMode As Long CalcMode = Application.Calculation Applicatio...

How to remove the Outlook 2003 system tray icon
Hi, Somebody please tell me that there is an option to remove the rather redundant icon Outlook 2003 places in the system tray area! I've been through the options many times but can't seem to find any way of getting rid of it. Thanks muchly Paul You can't get rid of it. You can however hide it. Just right click the Task Bar. Choose Properties. Choose Customize. You can set the Outlook Icon to always hide (in Windows XP only). -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the new...

Quirky Reply and Forward behavior
I'm receiving email from an AOL user that likes to sprinkle her messages with those little smiley faces. The source looks like this; src="http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fd0/04"></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML> When I attempt to reply or forward the email, Outlook hourglasses for about a minute before the reply or forward dialog comes up (less the smiley). This does not happen on messages without the smiley. Is this behavior because the AOL server isn't coughing up the image within a respectable amount of time? Is there a setting in Outlook th...

Neswreader in Outlook 2003...
Hello, I am trying to enable the newsgroup reader in Outlook 2003 but I having difficulty. I am running WinXP Pro with service pack 2 installed. I've also installed all required updates for WinXP Pro and Office 2003. I've read the following from Microsoft Office Outlook help: The first time you use the newsreader, you must add the News command to the Go menu. 1.. Add the News command to the Go menu. How? 1.. On the Standard toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, press ALT and then SHIFT+F10.), click the To...

Exchange 2003 and DC
I've just inherited a network setup where the DC and the Exchange 2003 is on the same box. I've built another box as an additional DC. I want to run dcpromo on the exchange server and make it a member server only. Are there any ramifications in doing this and how do I install the exchange connector on the new DC? TIA, Dylan Taylor Changing the role after Exchange 2003 has been installed is not actually supported. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822179 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Dylan T...

Can not right click items in Outlook 2003 #2
Hello, Has anyone come across a problem in Outlook 2003 11.6359.6360 SP1 where you can not right click items and get the quick menu items? So for example, if I right click a mail message nothing comes up, versus the reply, mark as read, etc items. Thanks Much Lots of people are reporting it, but we don't have a fix yet. Are you using a script blocker? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://ww...

Excel front ends to Access Database
We are in the process of converting all our old 95 databases and I have one with excel front ends. Upon converting the DB to Access 2000 and reentering the Excel front end the DB is unrecognized. Any suggestions? Thanks! ...

Query Criteria 05-24-07
Finding it hard to get my head round this so help needed! I have a query based on form fields. There is date range field (always selected) and 2 other optional criteria needing 4 WHERE/OR statements to get the required results. I want to add another optional criteria field which i think will leave me with 11 WHERE/OR statements and a big headache! Is there a simple way around this? ...

How stop duplicate fields when creating a Report in Access?
no metter what method I use to create the report - it throws double fields into the report. You manually delete one of each and proceed and it continues to add double fields. We did not have this issue in 2003 version. WHat is the problem and how do we fix it? Are you talking about the record source (a query) for the report listing fields twice? If so, check the underlying query and see if it has an asterisk (return all fields) in SELECT clause of the query. It is a property of queries in design view (Output all fields). Set this to No to eliminate the fields showing ...

how to create button commande to refresh data in query in excel 2.
I have a excel spreedsheet that contain external data. I would like to put a button in the excel sheet to update the sheet without doing right click and refresh. My user here are very dummies. Jean Francois If this is external data then bringing it in should launch the external data toolbar. They will only need to click the exclamation (!) mark. Seems like re-inventing the wheel. If you must then put a button on the worksheet and assign it to this macro Sub refreshdata() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim qryTab As QueryTable Set wks = ActiveSheet For Each qryTab In wks.QueryTables qryTab.Refr...

Lebans Report to PDF for Multiple Reports
Hi: I'm using Mr. Leban's Report to PDF utility with great results, however, I need help taking it one step farther... I have several different reports open at once. Each contains different info, but they are all needed to satisfy a reporting requirement. Workflow had been to print each report to an individual PDF file, then get an admin person with a full version of Acrobat to combine the individual file into one file for document retention. I'd like to be able to cut out the admin person step and use the Leban's utility to print all open reports to a single file. Any su...

Exchange 2003 Load balance and cluster
We have two identical machines that we want to load balance and cluster for exchange 2003. the load balance does not want to start. any reason why? Oh yah. I guess my question is that if it is possible to run the laod balance and the cluster on the same two servers "Ashu" wrote: > We have two identical machines that we want to load balance and cluster for > exchange 2003. the load balance does not want to start. any reason why? No,does not support NLB and cluster on same machine! You should rub cluster with your exchange 2003! -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Ashu" &l...

Drag Email into Access Form
As a way of monortoing Email useage i would like to be able to drag an email from Outlook into a memo field on an access form. Currently it only drags the header, how do i get the body of the email message dragged across as well? ...

exception report saves money
my old software had a really important report that rms does not. it created a recieving report that showed items for which the current recieving cost is different from the previous recieving cost. then i could highlight that item for an 18 month history. this report showed,recieving date, po#, ilc,description,qty recieved,cost, previous cost,cost differance +/-, retail price, margin, previous margin, margin differance +/- i could query by date range,po number,or supplier this is a very important tool as it identifies items that may have bad discounts,input error etc that will cost you ...

Microsoft Access Tables and Forms
I have made up a table and then created a form from it. The table does not reflect the changes made in the form. I have done everything that I can think of in order to make this work (input info, go to next record, close form), but table still will not update. I want to create reports, but I have no totals showing up, because they will not show in the table. Desperately in need of HELP!!! Helen Helen In a standard Access design, you create a table, (optionally, you create a query based on the table), you create a form bound to the table (optionally, to the query). When you open the for...

Passing Query Parameters from BP to a URL
Hey Eighties Fans: After constructing a query in Business Portal, is it possible to pass a parameter from that query into a URL? Doing so would be similar to the SmartList Builder feature where you can create a web site (URL) "Go-To" link and pass a parameter within that link that literally becomes part of the web site address that appears in your web browser. Thanks! childofthe1980s ...