Paper size & print preview size

Hi,
I have a report that I want to print on 8 1/2 inch tall by 5 1/2 inch wide
paper.  How do I select a paper size to meet my needs?  I know I can do it my
changing margins, but I hope there is better way of specifying a paper size.

Also, is it possible to print preview a report and have it display at 50%
size?

Your help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Phil
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Phillip <Phillip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a report that I want to print on 8 1/2 inch tall by 5 1/2 inch wide
>paper.  How do I select a paper size to meet my needs?  I know I can do it my
>changing margins, but I hope there is better way of specifying a paper size.

Go into the list of Printers under the Settings button from the Start
menu.  You may need to do this on the print server and you might need
admin privileges.   Then click on File >> Server Properties  Then you
can create a new form with the sizes you want on it as well as a name.

Then you can follow the below steps inside Access to choose the just
created Paper Size.  Go into the design of the report,  Click
'File',Page Setup', Click the 'Page' tab., Select 'Specific Printer',,
Pick the printer you are using., Click 'Properties' then the 'Paper'
tab., In 'Paper Size' select 'Custom'. and choose your just created
Paper Size.

>Also, is it possible to print preview a report and have it display at 50%
>size?

Yes, there's some kind of zoom variables. Oh, I even saved it.

'This code was originally written by Terry Wickenden.
'It is not to be altered or distributed,
'except as part of an application.
'You are free to use it in any application,
'provided the copyright notice is left unchanged.

Private Sub cmdPreview_Click()
   DoCmd.OpenReport "CounterInformation", acViewPreview
   DoCmd.Maximize
   DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdFitToWindow
'The number at the end represents the % zoom
   ' DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdZoom10
   ' DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdZoom25
   ' DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdZoom50
   ' DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdZoom75
   ' DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdZoom100
   ' DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdZoom150
   ' DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdZoom200
End Sub

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony

Visio 2007 Prints to bottom of page
When printing from Visio 2007 Professional the content always fills the bottom of the page instead of the top. Is there a way of correcting this? ...

print a large single character
How do i go about printing one letter onto a whole page - for example, if i wanted to print the word Driver with each letter taking up one whole page. Hope someone can help! WordArt... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Shinypouch" <Shinypouch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76CC85FC-B0D5-45B7-8A43-AA2519543DB3@microsoft.com... > How do i go about printing one letter onto a whole page - for example, if i > wanted to print the word Driver with each letter taking up one whole page. ...

Want to print a booklet in A5 size but printer not allowing it.
I have been trying to print an A5 booklet but keep ending up with 2 pages to half an A4 page instead of 2 pages per A4 page. Can anyone tell me how to change my printer settings to achieve this? Are you starting with an A4 size paper? When you select booklet in the page setup, does it default to to landscape with two A5 size pages side by side? If your default paper size in your printer setup is A4 you shouldn't have to setup your printer after you do a page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JL...

Getting Image Size
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have the following Image Object loaded from BITMAP HANDLE Image *image = Bitmap::FromHBITMAP(hBitmap,NULL); I need to get the Image size in bytes, how can I do this? "Raed Sawalha" <RaedSawalha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07896A8E-2B73-4F70-983B-A925F2B32767@microsoft.com... > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > > I have the following Image Object loaded from BITMAP HANDLE > > Image *image = Bitmap::FromHBITMA...

Print report based on form selection 12-22-09
I have a form listing work completed and a yes/no field to identify records to be printed on a report from a command button on the form. I can find lots of articles on the code required to print a single record but none on a selection based on multiple records. Can anyone help me with what code would do this Thanks Hi George, If you're wanting to open a report showing a certain set of the records shown on the form (assuming the form and the report have the same RecordSource), simply set the criteria you want in the Where parameter of the OpenReport method. For ex...

Script error when trying to print in shdoclc.dll
This is double posted to Internet explorer and outlook groups because it occured in outlook but was an IE script error. When ever we try to print an HTML email from outlook 2000, it comes back with a dialog box with an error "An error has occured in the script on this page" Line 639 Char 1 Error Invalid argument Code: 0 URL: res://C:\Windows\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? well, this started in outlook, but now is also happening in Internet explorer also any time you try to print something, what could be the cause and ho...

custom check size
I have a form that prints checks from a epson lq-570 dot matrix printer. When an old dos clarion program is used the checks print and stop at tear off ready for next check to be printed. Under Access the printer prints all that it needs to on the check but continues moving and does not stop at tear off. The check size is 8.5" from left to right edge to edge and 7" from top edge to bottom edge. I have tried margins at 0 for bottom and .25 at top without any success. I do not see that the form page setup has a custom size to it. Thank you for your suggestions. ...

printing to top of page
I am trying to print an invitation to the top of the page, but we are having approx. 1/16" that is not printing at the top of the page. Any suggestions? See the question Subject: How do I print without borders when creating a brochure below, with several suggestions. Bruce "Dale" wrote: > I am trying to print an invitation to the top of the page, but we are having > approx. 1/16" that is not printing at the top of the page. > > Any suggestions? > If you have a borderless Printer, select all on your invitation, group, right-click, save as picture...

Can I print 3 weeks of a monthly calendar rather than all 4/5 week
I realize that Outlook prints the number of weeks which are contained in the month reqested. This month, January, there are 6 weeks, therefore the calendar is printing 6 weeks and is very cluttered. I would like to print 3 weeks only...the week we are in and the following 2 weeks. There is an option to choose print dates (start and end dates) but the default always prints the 6 weeks from the start date but doesn't allow the end date I have chosen. 3 Weeks show up on the screen by highlighting the calendar, but it won't print just 3 weeks even by inserting the end dat...

Default shape text size
Is it possible to change the default shape text size before starting a flow chart or organisation chart? Also, is it possible to autofit the shape to accommodate the entered text. Both of these are possible in Igrafx Flowcharter. I can't answer that question, but I am looking for someone who can help me convert an old .abc file to visio. I no longer have a copy of ABC Flowcharter so i cannot update the file to a .af3 format that visio can import. any ideas? -- Texan "mhall@insightconsult.co.uk" wrote: > Is it possible to change the default shape text size before s...

size of device context limit ?
Hi I am developping the HID KMDF minidriver. It need to have many parameters in device context. But I do not know the limitation of device context. Tell me about the size limitation. > I am developping the HID KMDF minidriver. > It need to have many parameters in device context. But I do not know = the=20 > limitation of device context. Tell me about the size limitation. I don't think it is limited except by the total OS's nonpaged memory. --=20 Maxim S. Shatskih Windows DDK MVP maxim@storagecraft.com http://www.storagecraft.com Thanks Maxim. I unde...

Restrict memo field to size of text box
Hi, I have a form with a text box that gets data from a memo field in a table. As the user enters data in the text box I want the input to be restricted to the size of the text box. Right now as the user types, once the box is full the data scrolls up. Is there a way to make input stop once the box is full? Thanks in advance, Phil Without a fixed width font like Courier New, you really can't easily tell when the textbox is full. If you use a fixed font, you might try something like this (aircode): Private Sub txtMyMemo_Change() ' 150 or whatever the number of ch...

Outlook Printing Issue
I have a problem that has suddenly (over night) affected two seperate users in different departments. SOme, if not most, of their Outlook (Office XP running on Win2K) email will not print. You open a message from the list in Outlook, Select File, and Print, and nothing happens. No error messages at all. All other applications print normally on both computers. Both PC's are also set for auto updates overnight (so are another 150 pc's without this problem) so I am wondering if that is a factor.. If I open their mailboxes on other computers, the same messages print out just fine. A...

Print 2 columns per page
I have a spreadsheet that is just one long column, like below: Text Text Text Text Text Text I would like to print two columns per page, as shown. Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text How can this be done? (I cannot copy and paste, it needs to be in the print layout or something similar.) Matthew Matthew, My Excel add-in "Side by Side" should do what you want. Its very easy to use and fast. It is available for free upon direct request (comes with simple install instructions). Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA jim.coneXXX@rcn.comXXX *********...

PST size limit
What is the actual PST size limit on the Outlook 2003 program? MS states it is 20GB or more but I just ran out of space at 4GB. I created another PST and ran out again around 4GB. I have 9GB total and was told it would all fit in one PST. What is the deal? What OS are you using? There actually a very high theoretical limit to the size of a new Unicode PST file (I think it was the terabyte range but I forget at the moment). Also, when creating the new PST, you're creating it as an "Office Outlook Personal Folder file" not as an Outlook 97-2002 compatible one, correct? &l...

Continuous Form Scrollbar Thumb Wrong Size
I have created a continuous form in Access 2003. When I use it as a subform and update it with new query results, the scrollbar thumb is initially the wrong size (too small). Dragging it eventually fixes the problem, but is there a way to do this programmatically instead? Someone suggested I use Form.Refresh and/or Form.Repaint upon Form Load, Update, etc. but that's not helping. Clues welcome/appreciated! - Joe Joe D'Andrea wrote: >I have created a continuous form in Access 2003. When I use it as a >subform and update it with new query results, the scrollbar thumb is >i...

The 'sizing handles' on the axis titles don't work!!
I'm working with a column chart in Excel - I'm trying to resize the title box of the y-axis, but I can't. When I double-click, I see the thick line and the dark boxes of the sizing handles. However, when I try to use these, I get no double-headed arrow and can't resize the box. I can move it around, but that's all. I can't resize the chart title and x-axis titles either. Weirdly, I CAN resize the legend box. Anyone know how I can fix this? Nicole, Unfortunately the only way that you can resize the title box is to change the font size. You still get the borders...

Printing outlook calendar custom forms
Created a custom form as a added tab to IPM.Appointment to enter additional information for an event. Form can be seen by shared calendar users. How can this custom form be printed directly verses having to "print screen" then paste into word. Xprint works only for mail message and post from and not calendar. Help! Dan See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/customprint.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power...

How can I cancel a heading that shows up on all print jobs?
Every time I print something the seet shows a file name from Word which I used for one document. Now it shows on all printed documents. How can I get rid of it??? TVM, John "Turtle" <Turtle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0359A3D0-86AC-4DFB-92BB-3C2F8DD29096@microsoft.com... > Every time I print something the seet shows a file name from Word which I > used for one document. Now it shows on all printed documents. How can I > get > rid of it??? You should aslk this in a Word newsgroup. Try deleting %AppData%\Microsoft\Temp...

command line script for printing MS Excel 2000 document.
I am looking for a way to schedule an Excel Document to automatically print using the scheduled Tasks of Windows XP. I can't for the life of me figure out if a command line switch exists for doing such a thing, and was wondering if anyone has been able to do this. Thanks for your thoughts. Michael Stavropoulos buystuff@comcast.net ...

Font size
Can you increase the size of the font in Money 2003 on the Checking account register? Though this comes up often, and it seems as though accessibility standards would require it, the answer is no. "Mary" <mfmagnison@sctelcom.net> wrote in message news:01f501c34976$da0316f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Can you increase the size of the font in Money 2003 on the > Checking account register? ...

Printing Individual Tabs to .pdf
A report I publish monthly contains many tabs that need to be saved as individuals .pdf files. Currently, Adobe and Excel are printing several tabs to one file. Does anyone know how to accomplish this task? My current method is to print one tab at a time which is extremely inefficient. Thanks, Jim I don't use Adobe Writer(?), but maybe you can record a macro when you print the sheets you like and just rerun that macro when you need to do it again. Jim wrote: > > A report I publish monthly contains many tabs that need to be saved as > individuals .pdf files. > > Curre...

how not print cell in printout?
I'm printing a sheet that has a key in it linked to anoher page with an if statement. all that shows up is a zero or one depending on the condition, etc. Is there a way for format the cell so that it doesn't print when the page is printed? The easiest way is to format the font to have the same color as the background. It is also easy to un-do. -- Gary's Student "`AMD tower" wrote: > I'm printing a sheet that has a key in it linked to anoher page with an if > statement. > all that shows up is a zero or one depending on the condition, etc. > >...

Print selected text only
I just started using Outlook 2000. How can I print only the selected text in an emai?l "tenfour" <tenfour@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7754B821-2A6C-404E-BCEE-B8A66B301F3D@microsoft.com... >I just started using Outlook 2000. How can I print only the selected text >in > an emai?l Change the format of the message you're reading to HTML and then you'll be able to print a selection. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Re: Printing list of attendees
IMI Attendees Print - http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imiap.htm IMI Attendees Print is small utility specially designed for Microsoft Outlook users to print the names of the people who have been invited to a meeting and response status - Accepted, Declined, Tentative, None. From Outlook, there no direct way to print the response status... This is reason we to produce this unique tools. Key Benefits a.. Obtain information for meeting items from any Appointment folder in Microsoft Exchange Server 5.x or/and Microsoft Exchange Server 2000/2003 b.. Obtain information for Meting Reque...