Package and Deployment?

I am "self taught" Access user (As are a lot of people I sure!)

I have created the database, and all works well on this end.

I had to upload the database to an ftp site for review.

I had the oft seen blahblah.ocx missing, and got that fixed for the reviewers.

Now some of them are getting library files missing.  I could stumble through
trying to figure it out...no thanks.

HEADACHE

My thoughts were to use a package wizard add-in, but it is not loaded on
this computer, and it is not on the available cd (I don't think)

WHat is my next step?

Help
--
Stumbling through life on accident...
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Dear Sirs and Ladys,

                               I  am reading youre group email and am
concerned.  If theres anything I can do please let me
                      know how we can work together on any problems.

                                                                         Thank
You for youre time sincerly youres
                                                                          D.
Meginness ( meginne@comcast.net )

0
Douglas
3/8/2008 1:57:31 PM
Hunh?  This is a _newsgroup_ for user-to-user help.  People ask questions
and other people answer them; sometimes we just discuss features and
functions of the Microsoft Access database software product. You aren't
reading "email" but posts to a newsgroup.  If you have a concern, or an
issue, or a question, post it here and there's a chance that someone will
respond.

For good suggestions on effective use of newsgroups see the FAQ at
http://www.mvps.org/access/netiquette.htm. It's for a different newsgroup,
but the advice on using newsgroups applies generally.  It should include an
admonition that starting a message thread on a new subject as a response to
a message on a different subject might well keep your message from being
seen by the people you'd like to see it.

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Office Access MVP
   (for information about the MVP program see
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com)

"Douglas" <meginness@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Dear Sirs and Ladys,
>

>                               I  am reading youre group email and am
> concerned.  If theres anything I can do please let me
>                      know how we can work together on any problems.
>

> Thank You for youre time sincerly youres
>
> D. Meginness ( meginne@comcast.net )

0
Larry
3/13/2008 9:53:50 PM
JamesH151 <JamesH151@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I had the oft seen blahblah.ocx missing, and got that fixed for the reviewers.
>
>Now some of them are getting library files missing.  I could stumble through
>trying to figure it out...no thanks.

What library files are missing?   Post the ones you currently have
here and we'll comment.

Sub ViewReferenceDetails()

Dim ref As Reference

    For Each ref In Access.References
        Debug.Print ref.Name & " - " & ref.Major & "." & ref.Minor & "
- " & ref.FullPath
    Next ref

End Sub

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

Deploy user signatures / signature templates
Is it possible to create a signature template that is populated with user specific data and deployed to every user profile? I have a client that would like to push out signatures to all users container the users name, email and telephone numbers. Regards // Johan There are some third-party tools to do that; see = http://www.slipstick.com/addins/content_management.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and...

Keyboard characters being skipped/missed when typing on internet eg internet mail packages, username/password info
>I have a problem in that on both my new desktop PC and laptop (both with MS > Vista and IE6) typed characters are not carrying on to the screen. Very > annoying when trying to type long e-mails inevitabley having to type > message > in Word then cut and paste into internet e-mail package. Very frustrating > when signing into sites with username/password access and you keep getting > barred because of a missing character - easily spotted in username but not > password when only *** show. > > Any help appreciated > > Regards > Brian &...

Taste this package
--dzrjspnj Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="uetbzmbaa"; type="multipart/alternative" --uetbzmbaa Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ilbrnyytcdqgco" --ilbrnyytcdqgco Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain the se...

Anyone know PBDA Spec 1.3.1 Part 3 License Package Hash Algorithm
I studing Protected Broadcast Driver Architecture (PBDA 1.3.1) Part 3 : WMDRM on PBDA. Who know section 3.14.3 "License Package" License_package_hash uses what hash algorithm ? ...

Error when starting up Deployment Manager
When we start up the Deployment manager we get "The selected snap-in did not initialize properly". I know when we first installed the deployment manager came up fine. But shortly after we started getting that message. Your post to that questions was -"Are you logging in with Admin authority". And the answer is yes, I am logging in with Domain Administrator authority. I did notice that originally when we installed the application there was a DOS window that was open when Deployment manager was open, but that is no longer opened, when that software is started. Yes, I am ge...

Problem of Deployment Office 2007 by using GPO Startup Script
Hi All, I'm now trying to deploy Office 2007 by using GPO Startup Script. However the script returns "Permission Denied" to me. I follow the instruction in TechNet to assign the network share with "Read, Read & Execute, and List" permission to "Domain Computers" object. The script is working fine in Logon script. Wondering what is the problem.... thanks for everyone help. Ricky ...

Abillity to decrement "packages" in Microsoft RMS
I have a potential doggy day care client who would like to be able to sell packages. For example- they will sell a full day package of 20 full days for $400.00. When the customer comes in to use the day care, they need to decrement the package by a day. I have tested this in RMS and I only know how to decrement by the $ amount, but not by the package amount. Can this be done? And if so how? Another side note- they would want to implement gift cards that sell packages of 20 (for example) and decrement from that as well. thoughts? Andrea Andrea, Look at the Givex add-on to RMS for gif...

How to get listview control (deployed in report style..) selected item ?
Hi, I want to find selected item (my control can have only one item as selected..) from a list view control (which is shown in report mode.. So, which function should I use for MFC CListCtrl class ?? ======== Regards, Jigar Mehta Jigar Mehta wrote: > Hi, > > I want to find selected item (my control can have only one item as > selected..) from a list view control (which is shown in report mode.. > So, which function should I use for MFC CListCtrl class ?? > > ======== > Regards, > Jigar Mehta > > refer to MSDN. it's too trivial. POSITION pos=m...

Deploying CRM for Outlook on Citrix
Recently released whitepaper on Citirx deployments. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=664beb55-1652-474f-ae06-c38df171620e&displaylang=en -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM Matt, The document appears to be the results of testing the Outlook client on Citrix, not of a deployment guide. I haven't been having luck with the Terminal Server deployment on our Citrix box. Is there a procedure that I'm missing? Any ideas? Thanks, -Christian "Matt Parks" wrote: > Recently released whitepaper on Citirx deployments. > > http://www.mic...

User Manager in Deployment Manager
Hello, When i open the User Manager in the Deployment Manager, i get the following error : "Login Failed for NT AUTHORITY\Anonymous Login(80040e4d)" The web application is working fine. The setup is as follows : 1. Domain Controller and Exchange Server in one machine 2. SQL Server 2000 is in another machine 3. CRM Server running in a Windows 2000 Adv. Server is in a separate machine. All the 3 servers are in the same domain. Thanks for your time. Regards, Venkat Venkat, Check the event log on you SQL box. I'm guessing there was an issue with the authentication to SQ...

Look at this package from M$
--ivtelxoethnivzpa Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="owjfpbnibkp"; type="multipart/alternative" --owjfpbnibkp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rubabijkdwz" --rubabijkdwz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vuln...

Try on these security package which came from Microsoft Corporation
--cgtnywmeyrq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="robtqufxxkhqf"; type="multipart/alternative" --robtqufxxkhqf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="boxlpelahiiuqh" --boxlpelahiiuqh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now t...

Reporting Package Suggestions....?
Doing a bit of a market survey of reporting packages out on the market. Curious if anyone has any recommendations to include in the list. Looking for a lighweight reporting package that generates preconfigured/customizeable reports based mostly off of MPP files, but potentially from the Server side. No current need for EVMS or cost reporting capabilities. Looking for reasonable price points of a couple of hundred USD/end user license - or less. I am familiar with DecisionEdge, but was curious what other options are out there. Thanks in advance.... This is a multi-part...

FRX DRILLDOWN VIEWER DEPLOYMENT
I have a need to deploy FRX Drilldown viewer to offsite locations. there is no available IT personnel at these locations and thre is no ability to travel there to install. Has anyone done a successfull implimentation and installation without physically loading the disk into the workstation it is going into? Please help! Thanks Gail, Do you have anyone at the site that you could walk through the install process over the phone? It's not that complicated. The toughest part is pointing to the shared directory where you store your io_data files. Good luck, Frank Hamelly, MCP NOV...

FW: Try on this package from the MS
--nbshwtgrzsjfrcvk Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cigizxaarzfo"; type="multipart/alternative" --cigizxaarzfo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="spkoknsc" --spkoknsc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your...

Deploying Certificates for Outlook Users
Hi Everyone, I have just deployed a PKI solution at work here which includes 80 users and 60 computers. Each computer and user has a certificate, that is taken cared of. My problem is having Outlook (2003) take advantage of these user certificates and use them as digital ID's for signing and encrypting email. The certificates have the purpose of signing and encrypting email, but I would rather not touch all 60 computers. Where can I find documenation regarding this as I did a search on the Office site and didn't find anything regarding automation. Thanks! Michael ...

eConnect Deployment in decoupled architecture
We need to integrate a web application deployed in a web server hosted by a 3rd Party. Dynamics GP 9.0 SP2 application SQL 2005 installed and configured locally in windows domain. I understand that eConnect needs windows authentication and DTC to call the business objects using COM+. If I interpret this correctly econnect needs to be installed locally in the domain either in the SQL server itself or in a machine in the same domain. Now since the Web application hosted by 3rd party has to interact with Dynamics GP using econnect, we are planning to use Incoming services of econnect (...

Deployment Tolken
Is anyone familiar with the purpose of the deployment token. I am trying to set up my new credit card processing and Dynamics POS is asking for the Deployment token but my bank is unfamiliar with this item. We are using First Data to process credit cards. Any ideas would be great. Thanks Dave Dave, it needs to be Vital, i just got back from First Data, they said "EFSnet is being sunset...we are no longer boarding to that product. Vital is what you are setup for". hope this help. "Dave" wrote: > Is anyone familiar with the purpose of the deployment token. ...

Watch this package from Microsoft Corp.
--bwizyngam Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="kbnrcghsp"; type="multipart/alternative" --kbnrcghsp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="iyjpurvnkezvq" --iyjpurvnkezvq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain ...

Third Party Cash Accounting Package for GP
Does anyone know of an ISV product that somehow converts your standard accrual based entries and changes them to cash based accounting. A cleint that we picked up says that they have such a product. They don't know who developed it, but that they got it from their reseller. I am going to post this message on another news group so so you may see 2 postings. Joanne Mahoney Jacksonville, FL juanne, The only one I know is cash based reporting from Aim Solutions. I've heard that itis a good product froma developer who once worked for them but have not used it or evaluated it. http://w...

one deployment on 2 different servers
Hi everybody, I want to know if it's possible to set up one implementation of ms crm on 2 different machines (2 different servers) Thank you If you mean two CRM (web) servers accessing a single SQL Server 2000 database, then yes "netto" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ae01c490d1$74267ae0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi everybody, > I want to know if it's possible to set up one > implementation of ms crm on 2 different machines (2 > different servers) > Thank you ...

Execute SQL dts package from Great Plains shortcut
How do create a Great Plains external shortcut to execute a SQL Server dts package? VG You can do this using by using the DTSRun utility in a .bat file and calling that from the shortcut bar. You would need to install SQL Client Tools or the DTSRun utility separately on the client workstation to do so. Google DTSRun or check out these links to help get you started: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/coprompt/cp_dtsrun_95kp.asp http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?301 Lookup DTSRun on Yahoo or Google. It will fire a DTS package from a command line. Then cr...

multiple copies of same deployement?
We have a deployment where the crm server [version 3.0] and the sql server reside in 2 different boxes. The boxes the server and the database are on are likely to be unavailable after a few days. We wanted to make sure that crm and the database is moved to another pair of servers. I know this can be done once we back up the database and the originial server is shut down. But is it possible while the original server is up and running? I just want to do this as a proof of concept without taking down the actual server. Can we have two crm servers running at the same time with the same org...

Deployment Manager 08-08-06
I have CRM version 3.0. I can add users through the Web interface, but when I open Deployment Manager - User Manager - myDomain - Select Users - All task - Create new MS CRM user - to add a new user to CRM, no domains appear in the domain drop down box, and therefore no users are listed from Active Directory. Is this by design, or is this a problem in search of a solution? Thanks ...

Deploying Exchange 2003
We have an organisation with 2 Exchange 2000 servers in 2 sites in a Windows 2000 Domain. Exchange is running in native mode. I want to upgrade our exchange servers to exchange 2003. I will buy 2 new servers in order to do this. What is the way to go? Installing 2 new win2003 server in the existing domain with exchange 2003 and moving the mailboxes to the new server? Or do I have to take in account other things? I just want to make sure i don't screw up. If you're going the new server route, then yes, install them into the existing organisation and just move the mailboxes across. Of ...