Outputting report for each individual record in a seperate Word file?

Hi,

Is there a way (using VBA or otherwise) whereby I can generate a
report and export each record details in a seperate word file which
could be named by the record Identifier?

e.g.
I have a Sales Order Report. I need the report exported to seperate
Word file for each sales order (I have checked that this works for
exporting to HTML... if not possible in word I could use HTML but if
the second requirement can be met) and each word filed to be named
using the Sales Order number.

Regards,
Nabeel

0
nabeel
9/19/2007 7:28:44 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Have you looked at the OutputTo method?

I don't think this method has a filter which would allow you to export a
report for a select Sales Order, so you might have to modify that report so
that it gets its SalesOrderNumber from a control on a form.  Then, in the
command button that generates the report, you could open a recordset of
SalesOrderNumbers, populate the control on your form, create a filename based
on the SalesOrderNumber, then output the report.  Then, move to the next
record in the recordset and do these steps over again.
--
Email address is not valid.
Please reply to newsgroup only.

"nabeel.moeen@yahoo.com" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way (using VBA or otherwise) whereby I can generate a
> report and export each record details in a seperate word file which
> could be named by the record Identifier?
>
> e.g.
> I have a Sales Order Report. I need the report exported to seperate
> Word file for each sales order (I have checked that this works for
> exporting to HTML... if not possible in word I could use HTML but if
> the second requirement can be met) and each word filed to be named
> using the Sales Order number.
>
> Regards,
> Nabeel

hi are you arbic?
help me to learn database plz
<nabeel.moeen@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way (using VBA or otherwise) whereby I can generate a
> report and export each record details in a seperate word file which
> could be named by the record Identifier?
>
> e.g.
> I have a Sales Order Report. I need the report exported to seperate
> Word file for each sales order (I have checked that this works for
> exporting to HTML... if not possible in word I could use HTML but if
> the second requirement can be met) and each word filed to be named
> using the Sales Order number.
>
> Regards,
> Nabeel

0
sora

Frx Reports to be use on other client machines without installing
Hi, I installed Frx as a thin clinet on my GP client machine and created Balance sheet and income statement reports successfully but now I want to run these reports on other clients machine without installing the Frx. Can u please tell me the correct way. Your immediate help will be greatly appreciated. -- Developer -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "Dexdev" wrote: > Hi, > > I installed Frx as a thin clinet on my GP client machine and created Balance > sheet and income statement reports successfully but now I want t...

Recording Section 529 Plan
I'm establishing a section 529 plan for my granddaughter. Any suggestions of how to record in Money 2003? I record mine as tax-deferred/tax-free investment accounts (specified either during setup or in the account details). Derrick <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:620401c3e60f$78b5bca0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I'm establishing a section 529 plan for my > granddaughter. Any suggestions of how to record in Money > 2003? ...

find record using combo box
I want to use combo box to locate a name. After update, the combo box shows the name but the form does not move to the record of combobox. Here is my code: Private Sub cboLook_AfterUpdate() Dim rs As DAO.Recordset 'Search in the clone set. Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone rs.FindFirst "[name]= """ & Me.cboLook & """" 'Display the found record in the form. Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark frmFlexSubform.SetFocus Set rs = Nothing End Sub You have a field named Name? Access ...

Linking to Another Excel File (File Name Changes)
Hi, I have 2 separate Excel file worksheets. Basically, one file is updated each month and will have a different name (example: File052007 for May, File062007 for June, File072007 for July, etc.). Currently, I'm trying to link cells in my other file to the updated file, but I don't know how to set the link so that it can change each month. I was trying the concatenate or (A1&A2&A3) options to try to link cells together, but haven't had much luck. Here is what the formula should look like: ='C:\FOLDER\[File052007.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1 I made 2 cells in this worksheet ...

What to do?
Hi Everybody? I have problem when I try to build offline data file from Pivot tabel which is connected to Cube on the Analysis Server. Excel return this message: No columns that microsoft excel can use were returned from this query! What to do? ...

Lifetime Planner Report
I printed the 20 pages of the Lifetime Planner and notice that several of the graphs on the later pages show blank. Does anyone know how to view the Lifetime Planner report before printing or save to a separate file for viewing and printing. >-----Original Message----- >I printed the 20 pages of the Lifetime Planner and notice >that several of the graphs on the later pages show blank. > >Does anyone know how to view the Lifetime Planner report >before printing or save to a separate file for viewing and >printing. >. > I have the same problem --- did you ge...

reporting services report delivery
We recently moved our 2K3 Exchange server from an older machine to a new one. After the migration our reporting services reports delivered via email no longer show the KPI graph images embedded in the reports. Only a red x is displayed. You cannont right click on the picture and get the picture to show. This happed at the same time we moved to the new serve so I am guessing I missed a setting during the move. Any suggestions where I may have missed something? CSL1973 <CSL1973@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We recently moved our 2K3 Exchange server from an older machin...

How can I identify source of objects from other files?
I am grading tests done on EXCEL. Several students' answers look almost identical to homweork problems which had been posted online. Using such templates is not allowed on my test. Is there a way to identify the sources of portions of another EXCEL file that were copied from another file into the students' test files? Not if they were actually copied, or copied and modified. Copying formulas, values or even code doesn't leave tracks. Your dilemma is just one reason we don't knowingly provide assistance with what are obviously homework problems. You mig...

help on composing an aging report for transactions
hello all, I am new to SSRS. I need some help on how to create an aging report in ssrs. This is what my report should look like: Month identify $ $closed $Recovered $Open 0-30day 31-60day Jan 2009 $$$ $$ $$$ $$$ $$$ $$$ I am having trouble on the days column. My user want these fields to contains the total $$ amt that was recovered in 0 - 30days and 31 - 60 days. how to do that? Please help.... Sherry From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/115_0_0_0_0_0/sql-...

Report Writer and effective dated tables
Hi, I am new to using report writer. I am trying to write a report that will just pull back the latest effecitve dated row by employee. A SQL statement that can do this would be something like: SELECT MAX(effective_date) FROM myTable WHERE effective_date <= Now(); I can not figure out how to do this in Report Writer. Any suggestions? Anyone know if this is possible? "badabing" wrote: > Hi, I am new to using report writer. I am trying to write a report that will > just pull back the latest effecitve dated row by employee. > > A SQL statement that can do thi...

Need help setting up fields on a liquor store import file.
What is the best way to set up the fields on the excel sheet (import) for a liquor store. Should I put the size of the bottle with the extended description or should i put the size in the sub description? I also have sku's (item lookup codes) for each child item but do not have one for the parent (a case of the product). How should I handle this? Do I make up my own lookup codes or should i just not use the parent child relationship and store everything as a child? What benefits does each one have? I always include the size in the primary description field. I always keep the d...

unable to read file #2
For some reason all of a sudden I am trying to open a Workbook and I am getting an "unable to read file". This is a workbook that I have opened before. It is a workbook that I "Save AS" and change the name with new data on a weekly basis so I have data for every week since april. I can open every week but for some reason can not open this one. Any suggestions as to what I can do? thanks Try 'www.fdrlab.com' (http://www.fdrlab.com/repair.html) They can recover corrupt workbooks with all contained information including comments, VBA, charts, links etc. 35$ ...

AP Signature file
We have had a change in management & need to change the signature on our checks. This was origninally set up by our reseller, but we would like to make that change ourselves. Anyone point to some documentation on installing / testing a signature file? Thanks Merle, Are your checks printed using the standard GP check form or are you using a 3rd party app like Mekorma? If standard GP, then you'll need to modify the check using Report Writer and replace the current image file. If Mekorma or another 3rd party app, you will need to use their form customization tools. Hope this he...

"Virus scanner has detected problem with the file"
I recently downloaded Office 2003 from a CD-Rom that Microsoft sent me after signing up at a conference. I previoulsy had Office installed on my laptop, and had saved many Excel files. However, now that I have downloaded this new version of Excel 2003, I can no longer access my old Excel files. When I try to open these older files, I receive the error message "The file cannot be opened because your virus scanner has detected a problem with the file." I do have Norton Internet Security installed, but I cannot figure out if that is the problem, or if the Excel 2003 has prevented older...

How to make a filter in a report?
I know this may be a odd question considering the number of posts on filters in reports... but I can't find anywhere a description on how to create a filter (input box) in the report in the first place. I have joined the source with a query that contains "total sales" for each customer and I want to filter the report so that only sales above x dollars are shown. I presume there's a way to make a textbox / select list that can be used to enter the value (sales) and operator (< >) to filter the output (report)? Kindly, Mikael Sweden Mikael Lindqvist wrote: >...

How to run a macro by opening a file?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to run a macro when I open a file? For example, I would like to run a specific macro within file.xls, if current time is between 9 am and 10 am, otherwise, don't run this macro. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it? I am using XP with SP3 and Office 2003. Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric hi something like this might work........ Private Sub Workbook_Open() If Time > "9:00 AM" And Time < "10:00 AM" Then call ASpecificMacro Else MsgBox "current time out of range. terminati...

Report Footer 02-11-10
I'm trying to add some text into a report footer. I want the footer to appear at the bottom of the page no matter what. Right now it appears just after the details section, on the last page of the report. Is there an easy way for me to force the report footer to the bottom of the page (like the page footer is)? On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 08:06:01 -0800, RSteph wrote: > I'm trying to add some text into a report footer. I want the footer to appear > at the bottom of the page no matter what. Right now it appears just after the > details section, on the last page of the...

Import New Reports in to CRM 3.0
I have created several reports in Visual Studio. Is there a way to 'import' them into CRM so that all users can use them? Also is there a way to have these reports run on a schedule? thanks! Christian ...

Arabic/Farsi in Office 2004 (Word and Excel)
How do you setup Word 2004 and Excel 2004 to type right to left in arabic or farsi. I have enabled Farsi and arabic in the international pane of the System Preferences and I am able to type perfectly ok in TextEdit. However when I type Arabic or Farsi in Word 2004 the characters appear but they do not connect to one another as they do in TextEdit. Any ideas on how to fix this?? You can not type right to left in Office:Mac yet. This is certainly something to expect from the next version of Office:Mac... With Office:2004 dating from mid 2004, I can expect that the next Office might come out ...

file not found ChartIcn
What does this mean, every time i start Excel i get a run- time error 53 message, and the choice to end or debug...HELP ...

macro for copying file
How to write a macro which copies a file in one loacation (source location) to other folder (destination). I used the function FileSystemObject.CopyFile "c:\mydocuments\letters\*.doc", "c:\tempfolder\" but it returned error. Can any one help me. Regards, Joseph My bet is you don't have a folder named "c:\mydocuments\letters" or you don't have a folder named "C:\tempfolder" or you don't have any *.doc files in that source folder. (c:\mydocuments could be c:\my documents (with that space character).) But you could check each before ...

Reading in XML file, changing elements and saving back to the file
Hi Reading in XML file, changing elements and saving back to the file, how can i do that, I want to be able to read an XML file and read out Elements. for example <name>Tom</tom> When I read from a file i want to save the XML document in memory of the computer and when i am finished flush it back to the file, that means i want to be able to access the element in memory of the computer and when i change it will write it back with new changes. What is the Best way to do that ? I have tried it wiht xmlReader and xmlWrite, this is not saved in the computer. Gerald Maher wrote: &...

Rename Data file
I am using outlook 2003 and I have to data file for two email accounts, the problem is the two file have the same name( presonal folders). I want to rename them. Was there some reason for not simply creating subfolders for each email account and using rules to file appropriately? "hazzaa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:206da01c45933$9a83a760$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am using outlook 2003 and I have to data file for two > email accounts, the problem is the two file have the same > name( presonal folders). > > I want to rename them....

File Size #12
What is actually make the excel file bigger? can anybody help me how to reduce the file size? Many thanks, Hi you may try: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused "Jus" wrote: > What is actually make the excel file bigger? can anybody help me how to > reduce the file size? Many thanks, > > > ...

Save each file in a folder as a filtered HTML file and also as a PDF file
I submitted this to the word.programming but wonder if this is the right NG. I need to open each file (.doc) that is in a certain folder and then save it both as a filtered HTML and also as a PDF. I wonder if that can be automated somehow. I have no idea how to program word so I'm afraid that I could spend much time learning how to, only to find out it can't be done. If it is a reasonable thing to do I'd really appreciate a sample of something similar so I can get orientated and know what to look up. Thank in advance Answered in the other group! ...