Order in query is lost in report

I have a subreport which is based on a query.  When I run the query it
delivers the fields ordered by date descending, as requested.  When I run the
(sub)report, all fields are delivered but in date ascending.  Any clues or do
I need to post more specifics?
Thank you,
Jon
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Use Sorting & Grouping in your report at design time. There is a button on
your menu bar that will present you with a dialog similar to setting indexes
on a table.

Steve
--
Steve McGuire
MCSD, MCAD, MCP

"Jon Geiger" wrote:

> I have a subreport which is based on a query.  When I run the query it
> delivers the fields ordered by date descending, as requested.  When I run the
> (sub)report, all fields are delivered but in date ascending.  Any clues or do
> I need to post more specifics?
> Thank you,
> Jon
Ah-ha! Thank you very much.
Jon

"SteveM" wrote:

> Use Sorting & Grouping in your report at design time. There is a button on
> your menu bar that will present you with a dialog similar to setting indexes
> on a table.
>
> Steve
> --
> Steve McGuire
> MCSD, MCAD, MCP
>

> "Jon Geiger" wrote:
>
> > I have a subreport which is based on a query.  When I run the query it
> > delivers the fields ordered by date descending, as requested.  When I run the
> > (sub)report, all fields are delivered but in date ascending.  Any clues or do
> > I need to post more specifics?
> > Thank you,
> > Jon
and don't forget to remove the sorting from your query.  There is no point
in sorting the recordset twice.

"Jon Geiger" <JonGeiger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ah-ha! Thank you very much.
> Jon
>
> "SteveM" wrote:
>
>> Use Sorting & Grouping in your report at design time. There is a button
>> on
>> your menu bar that will present you with a dialog similar to setting
>> on a table.
>>
>> Steve
>> --
>> Steve McGuire
>> MCSD, MCAD, MCP
>>

>> "Jon Geiger" wrote:
>>
>> > I have a subreport which is based on a query.  When I run the query it
>> > delivers the fields ordered by date descending, as requested.  When I
>> > run the
>> > (sub)report, all fields are delivered but in date ascending.  Any clues
>> > or do
>> > I need to post more specifics?
>> > Thank you,
>> > Jon

0
Pat

Parameter query in Access 2003 report
I want to create a parameter query that asks the user to select one, many, or all values from a field when opening a report. I would like the selection to be available from a list, radio box, or pull down menu to minimize spelling errors, etc. Unfortunately the list is of names which number about 100. Can this be done? If so, could someone please point me to the help pages that describe this process? My solution seems clunky but it is the only way I can see how to do it. Any suggestions as to how else might I best approach this? Thanks in advance Debbie See my sample database that shows ...

a count field in a query?

User Frequency Report
Is there a way to get a user frequency report in Exchange 2000? I need to determine what users are not using their email to be disabled. Thanks! ...

Protected Worksheet Tab Order
I have a protected worksheet in Excel. After I protected the sheet I selected a range of cells that users could edit. When the sheet is protected the tab order for the range of cells that the user could edit will not work, I can nagivate using the arrows but not by tabbing. Does anyone know how to set the tab order on a protected worksheet? You must select the range of editable cells BEFORE you protect the sheet. Format these cells to "unlocked" then protect the sheet. Tab order will be left to right then down, left to right. If you have some other Tab order you wi...

Report filter question
Hi, I've done filters many times before, but something is not right and I can not see it. My report is running of a query which has NO selection criteria in it. It is just a logical view of a table. I have the following code in my report (it is hard coded only because I'm trying to debug the code": Me.Filter = "(((tblMailingList.MemType)='MT-S'))" Me.FilterOn = True I know that the filter code is correct because I went into design query and put MT-S for the Criteria in the field MemType and view the resulting SQL cod...

Pivot Table Report: Getting average of difference of two date columns
Hello I have data in excel sheet as: WORK_ID PROJECT START_DT END_DT 1001 P1 1/1/2006 1/10/2006 1002 P1 1/25/2006 2/20/2006 1003 P1 3/15/2006 3/20/2006 I want to have a report that will give me average time taken to finish a work in a project. That is, I have to take average of (end_dt - start_dt) for a project group. How do I do this in a pivot table report. When I use a calculate field to get the days worked for a work_id using DATEDIF(START_DT, END_DT, "D") then excel computes only sum on that (pivot table report ...

Access 2007 ControlSource code in Report causing shut down
The following code worked successfully in Access 2002 & 2003 but for some reason, the lines that contain ControlSource are causing Access 2007 to shut down and error out. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. In short, I’m using a combo box on a form “ReportCenter” to change the GroupLevel and textbox values on a report. If I comment out the lines with ControlSource the code runs successfully, if any one of them are uncommented, Access 2007 shuts down and restarts. 'Group 1 If Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupCheck1 = True And Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupDescendC...

CRM customization query
Hi, I have a customization query, I want to see the number of records available before I am getting the data for reports. I need this because, I want to generate a report by applying some filter criteria but at the same time I want the resultant record number below a specific limit. On the advance find, after I am applying the filters we get hte resultant data by clicking on the Find button. This takes us to the page where we can see the data. Now I want to add a new button on the Advance find screen on click of which I can get the record count of the result set for the filter i have ...

tax software report
I forgot to say that I am working with Money 2002. I did override of Money calculated in Tax Estimator. Then Tax Software Report would not load. I did a restore backup of Money 2002 and got message that because changes to tax were saved I would have to manually restore Tax Software Report. I can find no information in help in Money as to how you manually restore Tax Software Report. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. With all of the problems I have had with Money 2002 over the years, I am afraid to spend money on the Money 2004. Will upgrading be a wise investment? Thanks...

including dblink in a query to retrieve data
I connect to a table using a db link i want to execute an spl query and populate results in to a pivo table. My MS Query does not allow me to use a dblink and connect to th table. Please help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Crytal reports error in 1.0
Hi, I installed CRM 1.0 on a new server (W2K Enterprise) and I get the following error when trying to access a sales report. Any ideas??? File Repository Server Input is down. [On Cache/Page Server: SHEFFIELD.pageserver] I can confirm that Crystal Input File Repository service (along with all other Crystal services) is running. I could find no reference to this error in PartnerSource. Thanks, Lindsay. ...

Database degrag query
Hi , I am using exchange 2003 with SP1. I have calculated the total size of mailboxes , it is total 30 GB. But the size if edb file is 50 GB and stm file is 25 GB . I have defraged the database offline so that it will purge the white space if there is any. but after defrag no difference in size of the database. it is still 50gb edb and 25 gb stm file. can anuone explain if i have only 30gb total mailbox size then why it is taking so much space. there is no rules and othere things define. Waiting for your help. Regards, Abhi. On 25 Oct 2004 20:45:43 -0700, pandeyabhishek2000@yahoo.com (abhi...

Union Query with division
Hello, it would like to join two tables, Table1 and Table2, however when joining table2 the items listed in that table need to be divided by 2. I normally do this division in a query then join that query to the union query with table1. I wonder if I can accomplish the same thing directly from the union query only. Also, is there a way to rename a customer ID with the same query? (See Customer 9 as example, changing to Customer 15) Example: Table1: [Customer] [Hours] Customer 1 10 Customer 3 5 Table2: [Customer] [Hours] Customer 9 ...

Purchase Order Template won't open
I am trying to open the purchase order template in Excel 2000 and I get this error message: "This workbook contains a type of macro (Microsoft Excel version 4.0 macro) that cannot be disabled nor signed. Therefore, this workbook cannot be opened under High Securtiy Level." I have tried changing my security settings, but it doesn't help. Any ideas? Thank you, Kerri Hi Kerri! I can't test because I haven't got that template. You could send to address below. But why not get the latest template from: http://office.microsoft.com/templates/category.aspx?CategoryID...

Save query result in a variable
hi! hope you can help me AGAIN! i have a form that let's the user pick a name, job, between dates, tax(with or without) and percentage. this is for calculating the comision each employee has earned. i did this by a query that gets the info from the form adn then opens a report and in the report i make the calculations. but it turns out that several employees have 2 or more "jobs" and for each one diferent % of comission. the form and the reports handdle it fine, i'm looking for a way to add all of this reports for each person. i was thinking of saving the sum of each que...

Query to count between list of number (Predicting Start/End that may occur in data range)
Hi, I have a below list of numbers. 566667 566668 566669 566665 566666 566671 566672 566680 I want a query that would return a count between start and end of range. Like Start End Quantity 566665 566669 5 566671 566672 2 566680 566680 1 Thank you. On 2 apr, 07:17, Angela <ims...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a below list of numbers. > > 566667 > 566668 > 566669 > 566665 > 566666 > 566671 > 566672 > 566680 > > I want a query that would return a coun...

error in reporting service
when i restart the crm server the crysatl APS service allows stop and it must be started manualy in the event vewier i found tis errore after restarting the crm server source: Crystal_CrystalAPS event id : 35101 The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: Unable to connect to the database using the provided connection string. Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'Adventure_Works_Cycle_CRMCRYSTAL'. Login fails.). do you have an idea thanx Are CRM and SQL installed on the same box? If so, my gue...

How to update a specific field from a Find Duplicates querie
I have to update 1 table that has multiple duplications. If i search for duplicate on Field1, Field2, and Field3 all matching, i receive many duplicates where Field4 and Field 5 are different and/or Null. What do i need to do to the query so that Field4 and Field5 will be automatically updated when the duplicate is found? Current: Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 Mike Smith 1234 KEEP Mike Smith 1234 DELETE 9012 Desire result: Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 Mike Smith 1234 KEEP 9012 (...

reporting a/c adjustments
I am using Money 2000. When I update the balance of my loan accounts I assign a category for the adjustment, but the adjustments do not show up in my reports. Any suggestions? ...

I did not save changes in Excel and now I lost data. Go Back?
I was asked if I wanted to save changes in Excel and I said no. Now I have lost valuable data. Can I go back and get those previous changes? If you opened a workbook and made changes then said "No" to save changes, you are out of luck. Start typing<g> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:34:01 -0800, "brian" <brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was asked if I wanted to save changes in Excel and I said no. Now I have >lost valuable data. Can I go back and get those previous changes? ...

Form Query
I am trying to run a query for a form, I am using the following criteria [form]![frmSchoolsQry]![txtschool] . The form name and the text box from the form. When I click the command button the launch the query a parameter dialog pop up. The dialog ask for the text that is in the text box. I use forms to query dates, they work great, why don’t this work? Any suggestions? You're missing an s in Form: [Forms]![frmSchoolsQry]![txtschool] -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "rap43" <rap43@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Generate selective query results
Who can give me advice? In a table I am storing the information of apartments and their total surface area in square meters within a building. When I select an apartment within a building in a form, I would like to print a report of maximum 10 equivalent apartments of approximately the same size (surface area ± 2 m2). Of these apartments I would like to see the apartment number and the size of the surface area. I tried the Top 10 option but that does not give me the correct result. Key of the table is the building number (CPX_NUMBER). The fieldname of the apartment is VHE_NUMBER ...

non delivery reports
I have upgraded a server from server 2003 to SBS 2003. I have installed and configured exchange and all seems to be working ok. The problem I am having is I cannot get a copy of Non-Delivery Reports to be copied to any of my users mailboxes (I have tried them all I have also creating aliases but still no joy) upon further investigation I discovered that is I un-tick allow non delivery reports under Internet Message Formats, Default, Advanced, I will still get an NDR returned to sender. I have restarted Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine and SMTP services and also rebooted the server. I h...

modifying field values in an Access 2003 query
Someone please help. Is there a SQL or Visual Basic statement that can be used to set/change the values in a field in an Access 2003 query to a default value? I'm more familiar with the concept of a table's field (or a control on a form) having a "default" value. How is it that you expect a query's field to have a default value? What are the circumstances? If, for example, you want to display something like "n/a" when an underlying field in a table contains a Null, you could use something like: YourQueryField: IIF(IsNull([YourUnderlyingField]),...

Joining two queries
Is there a way to join two queries together? In query 1, i have Invoice ID, Description, and Total In query 2, I have the same fields. I would like to see all the records from both queries. Please advise. "Tia" <Tia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D39EB571-0D64-4A8E-9107-351B10E1FE02@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to join two queries together? > In query 1, i have Invoice ID, Description, and Total > In query 2, I have the same fields. > > I would like to see all the records from both queries. Please advise. I believe what you're...