Option Group 04-19-10

I am new to using option groups.  I will have several of them that will be a
value of 1-5 and want to total them up in a report.

Do I need a field for each option group?

Are there field names that can be used to make it easier to total, ie grp1,
grp2, etc.?

Thanks,
Les

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You've told us "how", but not "what".  "How" depends on "what"!

If you have data with values of 1-5, and "several of them", is there a
chance you are working with something like a rating scale, or a survey?  If
so, you may benefit (*and get more use from Access*) from further
normalization.

If you'll provide more specifics, folks here may be able to offer more
specific suggestions...

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"WLMPilot" <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am new to using option groups.  I will have several of them that will be
> value of 1-5 and want to total them up in a report.
>
> Do I need a field for each option group?
>
> Are there field names that can be used to make it easier to total, ie
> grp1,
> grp2, etc.?
>
> Thanks,
> Les

0
Jeff
4/19/2010 5:26:53 PM
>>I will have several of them that will be a value of 1-5 and want to total
them up in a report.
Reading your statements I am not sure you know how to use Option Groups.
Just how do you plan to 'total' them?
You know that each differnt value is intended to represent different but
similar items/product/responses.  An Option Group can be used for Yes-No-N/A-
Unknown.  At most I think you would want to 'Count' instead of summing, like
counting how many are Yes or No.

>>Do I need a field for each option group?  Are there field names that can be used to make it easier to total, ie grp1, grp2, etc.?
Option Groups are on forms and are identified like this --
         [Forms]![YourFormName]![Frame3]

--
Build a little, test a little.

"WLMPilot" wrote:

> I am new to using option groups.  I will have several of them that will be a
> value of 1-5 and want to total them up in a report.
>
> Do I need a field for each option group?
>
> Are there field names that can be used to make it easier to total, ie grp1,
> grp2, etc.?
>
> Thanks,
> Les

I work for an EMS system.  The database is being designed to QA patient care
reports.  For each criteria being QA'd, there is a rating scale of 1 through
5.  From this rating scale, the value of each criteria will be summed for a
grade.

Les

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> You've told us "how", but not "what".  "How" depends on "what"!
>
> If you have data with values of 1-5, and "several of them", is there a
> chance you are working with something like a rating scale, or a survey?  If
> so, you may benefit (*and get more use from Access*) from further
> normalization.
>
> If you'll provide more specifics, folks here may be able to offer more
> specific suggestions...
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
> --
> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> does not constitute endorsement thereof.

> guarantee as to suitability.

> possible/necessary.
>

> "WLMPilot" <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am new to using option groups.  I will have several of them that will be
> > value of 1-5 and want to total them up in a report.
> >
> > Do I need a field for each option group?
> >
> > Are there field names that can be used to make it easier to total, ie
> > grp1,
> > grp2, etc.?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Les
> >

> .

So what happens when the number of items (criteria) changes?  With the
design your earlier post implied, you'd have to modify your table, your
query, your form(s), your report(s), your procedure(s), pretty much
everything!

By using a one-to-many (relational) approach, adding (or removing) a
criterion is a simple edit on a table... that's all!

You might want to take a look at an approach Duane H. put together:

     http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3

>I work for an EMS system.  The database is being designed to QA patient
>care
> reports.  For each criteria being QA'd, there is a rating scale of 1
> through
> 5.  From this rating scale, the value of each criteria will be summed for
> grade.
>
> Les
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
>> You've told us "how", but not "what".  "How" depends on "what"!
>>
>> If you have data with values of 1-5, and "several of them", is there a
>> chance you are working with something like a rating scale, or a survey?
>> If
>> so, you may benefit (*and get more use from Access*) from further
>> normalization.
>>
>> If you'll provide more specifics, folks here may be able to offer more
>> specific suggestions...
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>>
>> --
>> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
>> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
>> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
>>
>> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
>> guarantee as to suitability.
>>
>> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
>> possible/necessary.
>>

>> "WLMPilot" <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am new to using option groups.  I will have several of them that will
>> >be
>> > value of 1-5 and want to total them up in a report.
>> >
>> > Do I need a field for each option group?
>> >
>> > Are there field names that can be used to make it easier to total, ie
>> > grp1,
>> > grp2, etc.?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Les
>> >

>> .

0
Jeff
4/19/2010 8:26:31 PM
I guess I am not making myself clear enough.  Here is the breakdown of the
design.

I have two tables in one database:
1) Employee Table --> Employee Name and ID#.  ID# will be used to link the
two tables
2) QA Table:  List the criteria and indicate ranking of 1-5 for each
criteria.  I am considering using the tab control in this table.  On one
table, information pertaining to the patient report must be entered along
with audit date and audit by.  Also Employee ID# to link to employee name in
above table.  I considered a combo box for the ranking numbers, but figure I
could cut down on mouse movement by just having radio buttons in an option
group to click on.  The ranking of 1-5 will mean the same for each criteria,
ex: 1-missing 2-incomplete 3-needs improvement, etc.

I hope this helps explain things better.

Thanks again for taking time to help.

Les

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> So what happens when the number of items (criteria) changes?  With the
> design your earlier post implied, you'd have to modify your table, your
> query, your form(s), your report(s), your procedure(s), pretty much
> everything!
>
> By using a one-to-many (relational) approach, adding (or removing) a
> criterion is a simple edit on a table... that's all!
>
> You might want to take a look at an approach Duane H. put together:
>
>      http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
> --
> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> does not constitute endorsement thereof.

> guarantee as to suitability.

> possible/necessary.
>

> "WLMPilot" <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I work for an EMS system.  The database is being designed to QA patient
> >care
> > reports.  For each criteria being QA'd, there is a rating scale of 1
> > through
> > 5.  From this rating scale, the value of each criteria will be summed for
> > grade.
> >
> > Les
> >
> > "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
> >
> >> You've told us "how", but not "what".  "How" depends on "what"!
> >>
> >> If you have data with values of 1-5, and "several of them", is there a
> >> chance you are working with something like a rating scale, or a survey?
> >> If
> >> so, you may benefit (*and get more use from Access*) from further
> >> normalization.
> >>
> >> If you'll provide more specifics, folks here may be able to offer more
> >> specific suggestions...
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Jeff Boyce
> >> Microsoft Access MVP
> >>
> >> --
> >> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> >> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> >> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
> >>
> >> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
> >> guarantee as to suitability.
> >>
> >> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
> >> possible/necessary.
> >>

> >> "WLMPilot" <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

Speaking as a certified QA (lapsed) your criteria (1-missing 2-incomplete
3-needs improvement, etc.) is very subjective and needs to be objective.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"WLMPilot" wrote:

> I guess I am not making myself clear enough.  Here is the breakdown of the
> design.
>
> I have two tables in one database:
> 1) Employee Table --> Employee Name and ID#.  ID# will be used to link the
> two tables
> 2) QA Table:  List the criteria and indicate ranking of 1-5 for each
> criteria.  I am considering using the tab control in this table.  On one
> table, information pertaining to the patient report must be entered along
> with audit date and audit by.  Also Employee ID# to link to employee name in
> above table.  I considered a combo box for the ranking numbers, but figure I
> could cut down on mouse movement by just having radio buttons in an option
> group to click on.  The ranking of 1-5 will mean the same for each criteria,
> ex: 1-missing 2-incomplete 3-needs improvement, etc.
>
> I hope this helps explain things better.
>
> Thanks again for taking time to help.
>
> Les
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
> > So what happens when the number of items (criteria) changes?  With the
> > design your earlier post implied, you'd have to modify your table, your
> > query, your form(s), your report(s), your procedure(s), pretty much
> > everything!
> >
> > By using a one-to-many (relational) approach, adding (or removing) a
> > criterion is a simple edit on a table... that's all!
> >
> > You might want to take a look at an approach Duane H. put together:
> >
> >      http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Jeff Boyce
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >
> > --
> > Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> > in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> > does not constitute endorsement thereof.
> >
> > Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
> > guarantee as to suitability.
> >
> > You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
> > possible/necessary.
> >

> > "WLMPilot" <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I work for an EMS system.  The database is being designed to QA patient
> > >care
> > > reports.  For each criteria being QA'd, there is a rating scale of 1
> > > through
> > > 5.  From this rating scale, the value of each criteria will be summed for
> > > grade.

> > .

I'm not yet visualizing how you are connecting the criteria and the
employee.  Is the QA table a list of criteria, or a list of the employees'
ratings?

I am still wondering how you deal with adding/removing a criteria ...

>I guess I am not making myself clear enough.  Here is the breakdown of the
> design.
>
> I have two tables in one database:
> 1) Employee Table --> Employee Name and ID#.  ID# will be used to link the
> two tables
> 2) QA Table:  List the criteria and indicate ranking of 1-5 for each
> criteria.  I am considering using the tab control in this table.  On one
> table, information pertaining to the patient report must be entered along
> with audit date and audit by.  Also Employee ID# to link to employee name
> in
> above table.  I considered a combo box for the ranking numbers, but figure
> could cut down on mouse movement by just having radio buttons in an option
> group to click on.  The ranking of 1-5 will mean the same for each
> criteria,
> ex: 1-missing 2-incomplete 3-needs improvement, etc.
>
> I hope this helps explain things better.
>
> Thanks again for taking time to help.
>
> Les
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
>> So what happens when the number of items (criteria) changes?  With the
>> design your earlier post implied, you'd have to modify your table, your
>> query, your form(s), your report(s), your procedure(s), pretty much
>> everything!
>>
>> By using a one-to-many (relational) approach, adding (or removing) a
>> criterion is a simple edit on a table... that's all!
>>
>> You might want to take a look at an approach Duane H. put together:
>>
>>      http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>>
>> --
>> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
>> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
>> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
>>
>> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
>> guarantee as to suitability.
>>
>> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
>> possible/necessary.
>>

>> "WLMPilot" <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I work for an EMS system.  The database is being designed to QA patient
>> >care
>> > reports.  For each criteria being QA'd, there is a rating scale of 1
>> > through
>> > 5.  From this rating scale, the value of each criteria will be summed
>> > for
>> > grade.

>> .

0
Jeff
4/19/2010 11:18:14 PM
Also, are you saying "This is my data, tell me how to use it as is", or are
you interested in ensuring that your data is structured in a way that Access
can best use it?

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"WLMPilot" <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I guess I am not making myself clear enough.  Here is the breakdown of the
> design.
>
> I have two tables in one database:
> 1) Employee Table --> Employee Name and ID#.  ID# will be used to link the
> two tables
> 2) QA Table:  List the criteria and indicate ranking of 1-5 for each
> criteria.  I am considering using the tab control in this table.  On one
> table, information pertaining to the patient report must be entered along
> with audit date and audit by.  Also Employee ID# to link to employee name
> in
> above table.  I considered a combo box for the ranking numbers, but figure
> could cut down on mouse movement by just having radio buttons in an option
> group to click on.  The ranking of 1-5 will mean the same for each
> criteria,
> ex: 1-missing 2-incomplete 3-needs improvement, etc.
>
> I hope this helps explain things better.
>
> Thanks again for taking time to help.
>
> Les
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
>> So what happens when the number of items (criteria) changes?  With the
>> design your earlier post implied, you'd have to modify your table, your
>> query, your form(s), your report(s), your procedure(s), pretty much
>> everything!
>>
>> By using a one-to-many (relational) approach, adding (or removing) a
>> criterion is a simple edit on a table... that's all!
>>
>> You might want to take a look at an approach Duane H. put together:
>>
>>      http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>>
>> --
>> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
>> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
>> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
>>
>> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
>> guarantee as to suitability.
>>
>> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
>> possible/necessary.
>>

>> "WLMPilot" <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I work for an EMS system.  The database is being designed to QA patient
>> >care
>> > reports.  For each criteria being QA'd, there is a rating scale of 1
>> > through
>> > 5.  From this rating scale, the value of each criteria will be summed
>> > for
>> > grade.

>> .

0
Jeff
4/19/2010 11:19:42 PM
You can keep your table structure as a spreadsheet an move it to Excel. Or,
you can normalize it as suggested by Jeff. There are actually two samples at
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum4&SID=72d456e8797881cc1a53e22258b26251.html
that you might want to look at. The At Your Survey and similar Employee
Evaluation.

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

"WLMPilot" <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I guess I am not making myself clear enough.  Here is the breakdown of the
> design.
>
> I have two tables in one database:
> 1) Employee Table --> Employee Name and ID#.  ID# will be used to link the
> two tables
> 2) QA Table:  List the criteria and indicate ranking of 1-5 for each
> criteria.  I am considering using the tab control in this table.  On one
> table, information pertaining to the patient report must be entered along
> with audit date and audit by.  Also Employee ID# to link to employee name
> in
> above table.  I considered a combo box for the ranking numbers, but figure
> could cut down on mouse movement by just having radio buttons in an option
> group to click on.  The ranking of 1-5 will mean the same for each
> criteria,
> ex: 1-missing 2-incomplete 3-needs improvement, etc.
>
> I hope this helps explain things better.
>
> Thanks again for taking time to help.
>
> Les
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
>> So what happens when the number of items (criteria) changes?  With the
>> design your earlier post implied, you'd have to modify your table, your
>> query, your form(s), your report(s), your procedure(s), pretty much
>> everything!
>>
>> By using a one-to-many (relational) approach, adding (or removing) a
>> criterion is a simple edit on a table... that's all!
>>
>> You might want to take a look at an approach Duane H. put together:
>>
>>      http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>>
>> --
>> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
>> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
>> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
>>
>> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
>> guarantee as to suitability.
>>
>> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
>> possible/necessary.
>>

>> "WLMPilot" <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I work for an EMS system.  The database is being designed to QA patient
>> >care
>> > reports.  For each criteria being QA'd, there is a rating scale of 1
>> > through
>> > 5.  From this rating scale, the value of each criteria will be summed
>> > for
>> > grade.

>> .

0
Duane
4/20/2010 2:23:12 AM
Wow, I did not think I was creating something that is now beginning to make
me wonder.  I guess I am now beginning to wonder how to set this up to work
appropriately.

I want a one-to-many database with the employee table being the one and the
QA table being many.  A Paramedic or EMT will create many patient care
reports (PCR) throughout a year and the term of employment.  The PCRs that
will be QA'd will use the Employee ID# to link back to the Employee Table (at
least that is what I hope).  I don't know what else to explain that has not
already been explained. I don't remember how many criteria will be
rated/ranked, but the end goal is to total the value for each ranking.  If
all were ranked 5 and there were 20 criteria, than the final score would be
100.

I am opened to suggestions for other ways of doing this.  If option groups
is not the way, I can create a combo box listing 1-5 if it will total easier.

Les

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> Also, are you saying "This is my data, tell me how to use it as is", or are
> you interested in ensuring that your data is structured in a way that Access
> can best use it?
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
> --
> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> does not constitute endorsement thereof.

> guarantee as to suitability.

> possible/necessary.
>
> "WLMPilot" <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I guess I am not making myself clear enough.  Here is the breakdown of the
> > design.
> >
> > I have two tables in one database:
> > 1) Employee Table --> Employee Name and ID#.  ID# will be used to link the
> > two tables
> > 2) QA Table:  List the criteria and indicate ranking of 1-5 for each
> > criteria.  I am considering using the tab control in this table.  On one
> > table, information pertaining to the patient report must be entered along
> > with audit date and audit by.  Also Employee ID# to link to employee name
> > in
> > above table.  I considered a combo box for the ranking numbers, but figure
> > could cut down on mouse movement by just having radio buttons in an option
> > group to click on.  The ranking of 1-5 will mean the same for each
> > criteria,
> > ex: 1-missing 2-incomplete 3-needs improvement, etc.
> >
> > I hope this helps explain things better.
> >
> > Thanks again for taking time to help.
> >
> > Les
> >
> > "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
> >
> >> So what happens when the number of items (criteria) changes?  With the
> >> design your earlier post implied, you'd have to modify your table, your
> >> query, your form(s), your report(s), your procedure(s), pretty much
> >> everything!
> >>
> >> By using a one-to-many (relational) approach, adding (or removing) a
> >> criterion is a simple edit on a table... that's all!
> >>
> >> You might want to take a look at an approach Duane H. put together:
> >>
> >>      http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Jeff Boyce
> >> Microsoft Access MVP
> >>
> >> --
> >> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> >> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> >> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
> >>
> >> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
> >> guarantee as to suitability.
> >>
> >> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
> >> possible/necessary.
> >>

> >> "WLMPilot" <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

I don't believe you have provided your table and field names. If you had,
someone could provide a better answer.

Did you even download and look at the normalized survey and employee
evaluation databases?
I would create this solution with tables like:

tblEmployees  (one record per employee)
===========
empEmpID           autonumber primary key
empFirstName
empLastName
emp...more fields

tblQACriteria  (one record per QA Criteria)
===================
qacQACID   autonumber primary key
qacTitle        values that used to be field names like "prompt",
"efficient", other criteria

tblQAReport  (one record per every evaluation event)
=======================
qarQARID    autonumber primary key
qarEmpID   link to tblEmployee.empEmpID
qarDate      date of evalutation
qarEvalEmpID   empEmpID of evaluator

tblQAReportCriteria
================
qrcQRCID   autonumber primary key
qrcQARID   link to tblQAReport.qarQARID
qrcQACID    link to tblQACriteria.qacQACID
qrcScore     this is where the actual 1-5 will go.

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

> [...]
>> > two tables
>> > 2) QA Table:  List the criteria and indicate ranking of 1-5 for each
>> > criteria.  I am considering using the tab control in this table.  On
>> > one
>> > table, information pertaining to the patient report must be entered
>> > along
>> > with audit date and audit by.  Also Employee ID# to link to employee
>> > name
>> > in
>> > above table.  I considered a combo box for the ranking numbers, but
>> > figure
>> > could cut down on mouse movement by just having radio buttons in an
>> > option
>> > group to click on.  The ranking of 1-5 will mean the same for each
>> > criteria,
>> > ex: 1-missing 2-incomplete 3-needs improvement, etc.
>> >
>> > I hope this helps explain things better.

0
Duane
4/21/2010 12:45:25 AM
I have tried to open the database from the website you linked to but it is an
earlier version (Access 97) and I have 2007.  It has something to do with
trying to open and earlier version for the first time and it is a read-only
file.

I really appreciate your effort and time in trying to help me but I am
beginning to wonder why it is becoming so difficult.  I am not sure why I
need to list all my field names.  All I wanted to do was find a way, if
possible, to use radio buttons in option groups to grade criterias and then
sum those rankings for a total score.  If it is not possible to do this, then
I will go a different direction.

Thank you,
Les

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> [...]
> > easier.
> >
> > Les
> >
> > "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
> >
> >> Also, are you saying "This is my data, tell me how to use it as is", or
> >> are
> >> you interested in ensuring that your data is structured in a way that
> >> Access
> >> can best use it?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Jeff Boyce
> >> Microsoft Access MVP
> >>
> >> --
> >> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> >> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> >> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
> >>
> >> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
> >> guarantee as to suitability.
> >>
> >> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer

I was googling Option Group for Access and started wondering if I need to do
an "AfterUpdate" macro to assign the ranking selected to a field that I
define in order to retain the value of the option group.  From what I saw,
when a radio button is selected, its associated value is held by the option
group "frame" (I believe was the word I saw.

Is this a way to total the values of the option groups?

Les

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> [...]
> > easier.
> >
> > Les
> >
> > "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
> >
> >> Also, are you saying "This is my data, tell me how to use it as is", or
> >> are
> >> you interested in ensuring that your data is structured in a way that
> >> Access
> >> can best use it?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Jeff Boyce
> >> Microsoft Access MVP
> >>
> >> --
> >> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> >> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> >> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
> >>
> >> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
> >> guarantee as to suitability.
> >>
> >> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 05:08:01 -0700, WLMPilot
<WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I really appreciate your effort and time in trying to help me but I am
>beginning to wonder why it is becoming so difficult.  I am not sure why I
>need to list all my field names.  All I wanted to do was find a way, if
>possible, to use radio buttons in option groups to grade criterias and then
>sum those rankings for a total score.  If it is not possible to do this, then
>I will go a different direction.

An Option Group control is simply a way to assign a number value to an integer
number field in your table.

The Form's Recordsource must contain a number field for the grade, or ranking,
or whatever number you want to assign.

The radio buttons in the Option Group control can each be assigned a numeric
value. The one that the user chooses will be stored in that table field.

The labels next to the radio buttons can be anything you choose.

Perhaps that's not what you mean by "use radio buttons... to grade
criterias... and then sum those rankings"; I think that's what people are
finding confusing. We'd love to help you achieve your task, but without
knowing how you're storing the data in your table or what calculations you're
trying to do, it's difficult to do so.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

If I understand what you have explained, that is exactly what I want to do.
However, to try and clarify better, I will start with something I do know
from Excel and you let me know if I am on track or not.

In a userform in Excel, I can have TextBox5.  A user inputs number 5 into
this field.  At this point, TextBox5 holds a string (text) of 5.

With that same thought, I assume that the option group field label will also
hold the numeric value based on the assigned value of the radio button, just
as Textbox5 holds the value of "5".

After this point, I guess the confusion is created.  I am not sure how the
value of each option group needs to be stored/retained.  Do I need to assign
it to a numeric field or something else?  Anyway,  I want to be able to pull
these values out in a report or form and view and generate a total score
based on the some of the value of each option group.

Les

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 05:08:01 -0700, WLMPilot
> <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I really appreciate your effort and time in trying to help me but I am
> >beginning to wonder why it is becoming so difficult.  I am not sure why I
> >need to list all my field names.  All I wanted to do was find a way, if
> >possible, to use radio buttons in option groups to grade criterias and then
> >sum those rankings for a total score.  If it is not possible to do this, then
> >I will go a different direction.
>
> An Option Group control is simply a way to assign a number value to an integer
> number field in your table.
>
> The Form's Recordsource must contain a number field for the grade, or ranking,
> or whatever number you want to assign.
>
> The radio buttons in the Option Group control can each be assigned a numeric
> value. The one that the user chooses will be stored in that table field.
>
> The labels next to the radio buttons can be anything you choose.
>
> Perhaps that's not what you mean by "use radio buttons... to grade
> criterias... and then sum those rankings"; I think that's what people are
> finding confusing. We'd love to help you achieve your task, but without
> knowing how you're storing the data in your table or what calculations you're
> trying to do, it's difficult to do so.
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

Thanks John!

I pretty much understand everything you covered.  However, I am one of those
who works better by seeing.  So, let me give a simple example and see if it
is what you said.

First, let me say this.  I created one option group to see how it worked in
setting it up.  At the end of the setup, it asked about the field to attach
it to (wording was different).  I had already created a numeric field and I
chose that field.

With that said, let's say I have a simple table with person's Lname, Fname.
If I want an option group for Male and Female (radio buttons), do I need to
also add a numeric field to bind to the option group?

If the answer to the above question is "yes", then I also guess must create
a numeric field for each option group I need for my original question I
started with in this forum?

Les

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> >In a userform in Excel, I can have TextBox5.  A user inputs number 5 into
> >this field.  At this point, TextBox5 holds a string (text) of 5.
> >
> >With that same thought, I assume that the option group field label will also
> >hold the numeric value based on the assigned value of the radio button, just
> >as Textbox5 holds the value of "5".
> >
> >After this point, I guess the confusion is created.  I am not sure how the
> >value of each option group needs to be stored/retained.  Do I need to assign
> >it to a numeric field or something else?  Anyway,  I want to be able to pull
> >these values out in a report or form and view and generate a total score
> >based on the some of the value of each option group.
>
> Well... for starters, Excel is NOT Access, and Access is not Excel. They are
> different; applying Excel syntax and assumptions to an Access database will
> work fine sometimes, and other times will get you in no end of trouble!
>
> In Access, there's a much sharper distinction between Tables (the *only* place
> where data is stored) and Forms (tools, windows which let you manage the data
> in tables). In Excel a spreadsheet serves multiple functions - data entry,
> reports, calculations, etc.; this is NOT the case with an Access table. Access
> also has strong datatypes, unlike Excel;  a spreadsheet cell can indifferently
> store a text string, a date, a number, a picture, a formula, etc.; an Access
> Table field must store only the specific datatype that its definition permits
> (you can't put a text string such as "N/A" into a Number or Date type field,
> for example).
>
> A Form is (typically) bound to a table - the table is called the form's
> Recordsource. Each Control on the form can be "bound" to a particular field in
> the table (you can have unbound controls, but that's not relevant in this
> case).
>
> An Option Group is one particular type of control. It's bound to an Integer
> Number field in the form's recordsource. The Option Group as a whole has a
> numeric value, the predefined value of whichever radio button or checkbox the
> user selected. There is no textbox involved. You could of course *ALSO* bind a
> Textbox control to the same field in the table, in which case clicking the
> radio button whose value is 5 would store an integer number 5 in the table,
> and display "5" in the textbox.
>
> It's really important to make a distinction between data *STORAGE* - a text
> string, Number, Date/Time, or other value stored in a field in a table - and
> data *DISPLAY*. The number 5 can be displayed in a textbox, an option group, a
> combo box, etc. but it's still a number in the table.
>
> So you can bind an Option Group (or combo box or listbox or textbox) to a
> Number/Long Integer field in your table, so the user can enter a number into
> the table using whatever display tool is most convenient; once you have that
> number stored in the table, you can use Queries to retrieve it, do

Only numeric fields can be bound to an option group. You could use an option
group for binding to a [Gender] field if you are using numbers like 1 for
Female and 2 for Male.

Getting back to some original posts regarding your table structures, you
should normalize your tables.  You have posted about 8 times in this thread
and not once provided any of your 20 "audit/criteria" field names. I'm not
sure why you haven't. It seems are avoiding or ignoring all of the
recommendations from us.

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

> [...]
>> table,
>> and display "5" in the textbox.
>>
>> It's really important to make a distinction between data *STORAGE* - a
>> text
>> string, Number, Date/Time, or other value stored in a field in a table -
>> and
>> data *DISPLAY*. The number 5 can be displayed in a textbox, an option
>> group, a
>> combo box, etc. but it's still a number in the table.
>>
>> So you can bind an Option Group (or combo box or listbox or textbox) to a
>> Number/Long Integer field in your table, so the user can enter a number
>> into
>> the table using whatever display tool is most convenient; once you have
>> that
>> number stored in the table, you can use Queries to retrieve it, do

0
Duane
4/25/2010 5:44:33 PM
I am not ignoring the recommendations.  I asked a simple question at the very
beginning and it was not until a recent reply by John that I felt like
somebody was understanding my questions.  I do not see why I need to list the
criteria.  These are things that the boss wants to evaluate within a patient
care report.  But, I will list a few:

Was trip number entered correctly?
Was protocol followed for the type illness/trauma pt had?
Was all Signatures obtained at hospital?
Was insurance information entered?

There are 4 of the criteria that I will display via labelboxes.  I want to
have an option group for each, that the boss has defined 1-5.

In my last example concerning Male/Female, I feel that it paints an exact
picture of what I want.  I simply want to know HOW to store the value of the
option group that is chosen while in the FORM view where the data is entered
for the purpose of QA.  In my database, I will need to sum all values entered
to obtain a score.  Likewise, in the Male/Female example, a count could be
made for the total number of 1's and 2's to determine how many Males and
Females were in the database.

Les

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> [...]
> >> table,
> >> and display "5" in the textbox.
> >>
> >> It's really important to make a distinction between data *STORAGE* - a
> >> text
> >> string, Number, Date/Time, or other value stored in a field in a table -
> >> and
> >> data *DISPLAY*. The number 5 can be displayed in a textbox, an option
> >> group, a
> >> combo box, etc. but it's still a number in the table.
> >>
> >> So you can bind an Option Group (or combo box or listbox or textbox) to a
> >> Number/Long Integer field in your table, so the user can enter a number
> >> into
> >> the table using whatever display tool is most convenient; once you have
> >> that
> >> number stored in the table, you can use Queries to retrieve it, do

As many have already pointed out, using a separate field (and a separate
option group on form) to handle these evaluation criteria is pretty well
guaranteed to cost you (or someone) an inordinate amount of time doing
"maintenance".  If you/your boss should ever decide to add another criterion
(or remove 2), you will need to revisit the table, the form(s), the queries,
...., etc. and "fix" them.

This is because your data is organized more like what you'd see in a
spreadsheet (?new criterion? add a column!) than in a well-normalized
relational database.

So what? you ask... So, Access' features and functions are optimized to work
with relational data, not spreadsheet data.  If you insist on feeding it
'sheet data, you (and Access) will have to work overtime to overcome the
data structure.

On the other hand, if you used one ROW per evaluation criterion, you could
add/remove criteria by a simple table entry, and the "sum" of the criteria
would be a simple Totals query in Access, rather than the work-around
addition of the multiple columns, each adjusted for potential nulls.

Pay now or pay later!  If you don't normalize your data now, you will be
paying and paying, reworking (i.e. "maintenance") your system every time
there's a change in criteria.

Good luck!

> [...]
>> > is what you said.
>> >
>> > First, let me say this.  I created one option group to see how it
>> > worked
>> > in
>> > setting it up.  At the end of the setup, it asked about the field to
>> > attach
>> > it to (wording was different).  I had already created a numeric field
>> > and
>> > chose that field.
>> >
>> > With that said, let's say I have a simple table with person's Lname,
>> > Fname.
>> > If I want an option group for Male and Female (radio buttons), do I
>> > need
>> > also add a numeric field to bind to the option group?
>> >
>> > If the answer to the above question is "yes", then I also guess must
>> > create
>> > a numeric field for each option group I need for my original question I

0
Jeff
4/26/2010 3:16:17 PM
Well put Jeff. I was expecting "you have committed spreadsheet". Les, it is
difficult if not impossible for most of us to not say something when we feel
someone is attempting to shoot themselves in the foot.

I think there have been several replies that provide the method for using
option groups to display and store the numeric values in your table. There
is a simple option group wizard that does this for you.

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

"Jeff Boyce" <nonsense@nonsense.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> be
>> made for the total number of 1's and 2's to determine how many Males and
>> Females were in the database.
>>
>> Les
>>

>> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>>
>>> Only numeric fields can be bound to an option group. You could use an
>>> option
>>> group for binding to a [Gender] field if you are using numbers like 1
>>> for
>>> Female and 2 for Male.
>>>
>>> Getting back to some original posts regarding your table structures, you
>>> should normalize your tables.  You have posted about 8 times in this
>>> thread
>>> and not once provided any of your 20 "audit/criteria" field names. I'm
>>> not
>>> sure why you haven't. It seems are avoiding or ignoring all of the

0
Duane
4/27/2010 2:32:23 AM
Thanks, Duane.

I've come to realize that the "Golden Rule" is ego-centric.  I mean, do you
REALLY want to be treated as someone else wants to be treated?  Remember,
there are some very weird folks out there!

So if someone WANTS to use spreadsheet data in an Access database, who am I
to tell them that they're making a lot of extra and unnecessary work for
themselves and others.  Maybe that's what they WANT!

Wes -- the observations, suggestions and advice you receive here is worth
exactly what you pay for it ... nothing.  Do what works for you...  If you
can live with it, it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks...

"Duane Hookom" <duanehookom@gmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>>> Was all Signatures obtained at hospital?
>>> Was insurance information entered?
>>>
>>> There are 4 of the criteria that I will display via labelboxes.  I want
>>> have an option group for each, that the boss has defined 1-5.
>>>
>>> In my last example concerning Male/Female, I feel that it paints an
>>> exact
>>> picture of what I want.  I simply want to know HOW to store the value of
>>> the
>>> option group that is chosen while in the FORM view where the data is
>>> entered
>>> for the purpose of QA.  In my database, I will need to sum all values
>>> entered
>>> to obtain a score.  Likewise, in the Male/Female example, a count could
>>> be
>>> made for the total number of 1's and 2's to determine how many Males and

0
Jeff

Upgrading Office version from 10.1.4
I recently lost my hard drive in a natural disaster but had backed up an older version of Office 2004. However, when I look at the Msoft Component Plugin, it is version 10.1.4. The icon looks pixelated like an old school mac icon. I know why the earlier upgrades are no longer offered on the website, but I am looking for ideas/suggestions to upgrade my copy so it is more stable and secure. It is a registered copy so I have all my information intact, it's just... old. The Mactopia site is undergoing emergency resuscitation due to critical injury induced by radical surgery:-) so a lot of stu...

Contacts Group Mailing
I'm using Outlook 2000 Internet Only in XP and can't find the answer to my question in "Help." I wonder if I might ask it here? I've built a group of about fifty individuals in my Contacts - just as a Group. I want to mail them something and not have individual e-mail addresses show. When I compose my letter only the Group Title appears in the To space. Is that all the recipients will see too? I don't want them to see all the e-mail addresses and don't want to send until I'm sure that's all they'll see - the Group Title that is. Many of you must...

user login 10-21-05
I would like to be able to view our company's CRM website without having to login everytime. I am an active directory user on Windows SBS 2003. I have setup accounts on SQL server. Is this possible I believe this is a matter of client settings. If your machine is part of the domain you should be able to configured IE to "Automatically logon with current username and password" under: IE | Internet Tools | Security | Custom Level Or you can check off the "Remember my password" setting in the dialog that pops up. Either way, I believe the machine you are loggin...

Option in SOP setup to not allow users to override document #
There should be an option in SOP setup to lock down the document # field so users cannot override the document number ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0f465a...

Powerpoint 2007 01-14-10
Any chance you know how to REVERSE the order of the bullets (in the old version you could go 10 – 1) ...

Publisher 2003 #10
Can anyone tell me if Publisher 2003 has Thumbnail in it's Tool Menu! Like Front Page has! No, it does not. "Sam Kellogg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB8498F-D84B-4C6B-A2AE-C41D7B478396@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me if Publisher 2003 has Thumbnail in it's Tool Menu! Like Front Page has! Let me add to that. You CAN create a thumbnail but it's not an autothumbnail feature. This is from the Help file. I'm going to assume you do not have Pub 2003 otherwise you've have done your own research, right? 1.. On your ...

Sending a message to a group
Hi, Is it possible to send a message to a group and have Outlook sending the message to all the recipients and having each of them seeing the name of the group as the recipient and not each individual member of the group ? Thanks in advance for your help. Doug Douglas, First, if you have not done it already, setup a distribution list in Outlook. When you address the email, put the distribution list in the BCC (blind carbon copy) line of the email. John Swords, III www.onpointsystems.com "Douglas De Avila" <ddeavila@level-5software.com> wrote in message news:06e101c...

My Word 2007 Crashed Whenever I Open It 03-14-10
Whenever I open Word or click on a word file, the Word GUI opens and immediately stops responding. The file doesn't load, and none of the buttons can be pressed - I just see a word window without a document and toolbars which can't be pressed. What should I do in order to begin troubleshooting? Thanks. See the article "Problems opening Word” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProbsOpeningWord.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, ...

Move Mailbox option is 'greyed out'
We recently did an upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 and running on Windows 2000 Server. There are two servers running Exchange and they both were successfully upgraded. Propblem: After the upgrade, one of the 'contact' sheets for a particular user was inadvertantly deleted. Now, when we want to move the mailbox to the other Exchange server, the option to move it, is 'greyed out', not available. What can be done with this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Michael R. "Michael R." <emmertmr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<ulz3JYKXEHA...

Printing of Borders 02-14-10
I have a phenomenon I have not seen before, despite using Excel for over 15 years. Can anyone please point to a cause? Excel 2000 on a Windows XP SP3 platform. On a particular worksheet the Borders are printing on copy one but not copy two. The Borders are delineating sub-totals and totals of columns of figures. Not all worksheets are affected. TIA -- Gerry ~~~~ FCA Stourport, England Enquire, plan and execute ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ perhaps it is a side effect of the Printer preferences having "Advanced Printing features" enabled. You have an HP pr...

cannot send emails 05-23-10
this is a message I am getting when I want to send an email The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject '', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Your account is not set up correctly. SMTP is not your server for example. Get the correct settings from your server's Website, or tell us who it is. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vist...

Retrieving Value From Subform Only Works In Break Mode 10-17-07
The code: ------------------------------------------------------------- 2550 With Me.subSecurity.Form 2551 If Me.subTrades.Enabled = True Then 2552 Me.subTrades.Form!txtParTotal.Requery 2553 curParTotal = Me.subTrades.Form!txtParTotal.Value 'MsgBox curParTotal 2554 !txtParTotal.Value = curParTotal 2555 !txtParTotal.Requery 2556 End If 2559 End With ------------------------------------------------------------- If I put a break on line 2552 or any line above it, the value gets retrieved and everything works a-ok. But with a break on line 2553 or no ...

Cannot send email to large distribution groups.
We have a small business. Recently upgraded to Windows XP and to Outlook as email tool. Imported old Outlook Express address book to Outlook Contacts. All seemed to work fine, except... Now we cannot send emails to large (+900) Distribution Groups that we could do with Outlook Express. Are there some maximums or settings I am missing? Thanks for help. The number of recipients is set by your mail server or by your ISP. Contact them to see if perhaps they lowered their threshold. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to ...

put / call option errors
I've entered some put and call transactions in my investment account. I'm finding that they are not showing up in the tax reports (closed positions not present). If I display the closed positions in the account summary, some but not all of the options show up. This can't be correct. Any similar experiences out there? In microsoft.public.money, Wayne wrote: >I've entered some put and call transactions in my investment account. I'm >finding that they are not showing up in the tax reports (closed positions >not present). What program are you using? US Money 2004 ...

Option Group actions
Hello All, I am trying to use an option group to control which labels and combo boxes are visible. My code is as follows: Private Sub OptionButton1_Click() If OptionButton1.Value = True Then Label3.Visible = False Label4.Visible = False Label5.Visible = False Label6.Visible = True ComboBox1.Visible = False ComboBox2.Visible = False ComboBox3.Visible = False ComboBox4.Visible = True Label7.Visible = True Label8.Visible = True ComboBox5.Visible = True ComboBox6.Visible = True End If End Sub Private Sub OptionButton2_Click(...

Hide field or tab based on user or group
We need our admin users to see all tabs of the account form and have some of the tabs hidden from the general and sales users. Is there anyway in crm 1.2 to hide a tab or field from a user or group? If this is not possible in 1.2 can it be done in 3.0? I saw mention in 3.0 about filtering form views. Is that done by group membership? Thanks in advance -- Scott Afraid there is no supported way to do this in either version. There are some sultions you could do with javascript via the Onload of the form that "hides" the tabs, but that isn't a supported nor a very secur...

Protecting sheets with drop down boxes 04-09-10
I have a spread sheet that has drop down boxes with functions and validations. I want to be able to protect this spreadsheet so that users can only be able to use the drop down function and not accidently delete the formula. When I password protect this spreadsheet it will show the drop down box, however when I click on one of the options it gives me an error and does not let me select from the list. Is there anyway to protect my spreadsheet and be able to use the drop down boxes. ...

Testing Outlook News Group
Test Outlook News Group ...

Inbox 05-06-10
I can not see the messages in my Inbox... I'm on a trial version of Microsoft Office Outlook 2007... Help! What DO you see? Do you see messages in any other folders? What view do you have set on the folder? See the Views menu. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, booboo asked: | I can not see the messages in my Inbox... I'm on a trial version of | Microsoft Office Outlook 2...

Exclude from Budget option
Does the option, "Exclude from Budget", do anything except remove that particular transaction from the budget reports? And is there any way to create a transaction report that will exclude these marked transactions? I tried creating a report, but I don't see a way to filter out the transactions marked as "Exclude from Budget". I'm not aware of a transaction-level exclude from budget option. What version of Money? If M05/6 are you using Advanced/Essential Budget/Register? Where are you seeing this option? <bsmith4@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1153...

Combo Box 04-21-10
Hi, I am trying to create a combo box for first time. Have followed instructions from Debra Dalgleish website, but the combo box will not appear or be activated when a data validation cell is double clicked. I have also downloaded the example from the website and again when the cell with data validation is double clicked nothing happens. Have I a setting out of place??? Any thoughts Richard Combo or List? ,,Again the dropdown list is seen when you activate the cell.You dont need to double click --From menu Data>Validation> --In settings tab for Validation Cri...

Problem saving embedded .gif or .jpg (.bmp only option)
(Sorry for crosspost (& repost - first had error)- also posted in "microsoft.public.outlook.general") I've seen this question posted a half dozen times, and I've yet to see a solution. Problem: When an animated .gif (ditto for .jpg) is embedded in the body of a message (Outlook 2002 (Windows XP (home) with Office XP 2002) - I'm NOT using Outlook Express), the ONLY option I have for saving the embedded .gif (or .jpg) is in .bmp format - no other option is available. (See attached screen print for clarification.) I have deleted all Temp Internet Folders & files;...

Font problems in Office 2004 Mac OSX 10.3.9
Hello. I have a problem with my font menus in both Word and Excel 2004, MacOSX 10.3.9. When I try to select or change a font the list displayed is a mess. The font names display layered over each other and thus it is unreadable. I use Fontbook to turn fonts on and off. I can turn off all the fonts in Fontbook, restart, but still have the problem. Any suggestions? Many thanks, Kipple On 3/30/07 11:45 AM, in article 1175280308.491352.90250@r56g2000hsd.googlegroups.com, "PD4501@aol.com" <PD4501@aol.com> wrote: > Hello. I have a problem with my font menus in both Word and Exc...

ATI Catalyst 10.7 drivers are out
Another monthly release has seen the light. http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx For those hesitating about the need of installing them here are the release notes: http://www2.ati.com/relnotes/catalyst_107_release_notes.pdf Carlos Expect a hotfix that enables AA for Starcraft2 shortly. still a 7.1 but I can live with that!! Thanks Carlos as always!! "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE2014DB-E05C-47ED-9740-ABFB0AB74797@microsoft.com... > Another monthly release has seen the light. > http://game.amd.com/us-en...

Excel Macros #10
Are there any known compatibility issues between Excel 97 and Excel 2003 macros. In other other words, will I be able to use an Excel 97 file containing macros if I upgrade my Office 97 to Office 2003. Yes you will. Problems arise with forward compatibility (very difficult to guarantee) not backward compatibility. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Boris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a34601c41dab$49394680$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Are ther...