Opening and Refreshing a Crystal Report from Access

The Access database is not secured.  I am trying to hyperlink a Crystal
Report - it will open the report, but when I try to refresh the data, it says
I have to log in.  I am not a developer.  I simply want to connect some
Crystal Reports to a form in Access for my team's use.  Is there an easy way
to do this?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Carrie L. wrote:

> The Access database is not secured.  I am trying to hyperlink a Crystal
> Report - it will open the report, but when I try to refresh the data, it says
> I have to log in.  I am not a developer.  I simply want to connect some
> Crystal Reports to a form in Access for my team's use.  Is there an easy way
> to do this?

When setting up the connection for Access in Crystal Reports you were asked
whether there should be a login or not, and based on that you will be
prompted or not when executing the report.

If you have access to the report design, check the data connection (or
maybe create a new one). If you don't, get in touch with the developer.

Peter Doering [MVP Access]
0
Peter
12/19/2007 10:04:56 AM
Thanks for the note.  Unfortunately, I designed the Crystal report and it
never asked if I wanted it secured.  I simply  clicked on ODBC, the MS Access
and selected the database from the directory.  I can open the report within
Crystal and successful run and refresh it.  As soon as I use the Access
hyperlink though, it says I need an admin password.

Carrie L. wrote:

> Thanks for the note.  Unfortunately, I designed the Crystal report and it
> never asked if I wanted it secured.

I don't know the behaviour of all versions of CR, but if it works within CR
it should be ok anyway.

> I simply  clicked on ODBC, the MS Access
> and selected the database from the directory.  I can open the report within
> Crystal and successful run and refresh it.  As soon as I use the Access
> hyperlink though, it says I need an admin password.

What does your hyperlink look like? Was it ever working before?

--
Peter Doering [MVP Access]
0

access 2007 crashes
when i change by code the controlsource of a textbox while opening the report, access crashes. is there a way to solve this (besides opening first in lay-out view)? michel Yes, this is one of the bugs in A2007. AFAIK, no resolution has been provided for this problem yet. Hopefully we will see it fixed when MS releases SP1 for Office 2007. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Michel Peeters" <michel@melsbroek.be> wrote in message news...

Accessing Record Buffer in MCI
Hi all, I am using MCI to record user audio through mic or any other recording device. While I can play it back and save the audio easily, I have not found any method to directly access recorded buffer. How do i do this? Thanks in advance nightcrawler wrote: > Hi all, > > I am using MCI to record user audio through mic or any other recording > device. While I can play it back and save the audio easily, I have not > found any method to directly access recorded buffer. > > How do i do this? > > Thanks in advance I think you can save your recorded buffer to a mem...

Rules Wizard does not open.
Hello all, I have a user that when he clicks the organize button and then when that expands out he trys to click the Rules Wizard button and nothing happens. Also Rules Wizard does not show up in the Tools menu. He is using Outlook 2002 SP-1. Does anyone have any clues? Thanks, Jay ...

How to launch report from add-in?
Hi all, I am trying to launch a report from POS addin(RMS). but it is giving an error related to the storng name of the assembly. Can anyone please tell me how I can use the native crystal report engine that is there with POS. so that I need not embed my own crystal report dll. Any other suggestion would help. thanks Hi, The company that made some addins for me and use some printing from the addin, added the software: Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 2.0 (x86) After installing CRRedist2005_x86.msi into my system I can use their reports. Koit Lahesoo "KSS" <KSS@dis...

Cannot logout of Outlook Web Access in 2003
We are having a problem here at work with Outlook 2003 Web access. We have multiple users using certain machines that are logged on under the one global account. When we were running Outlook Web Access under 2000, it would log out no problems, but now with the upgrade to 2003, it keeps the same settings from the one user, even if we click the log out option. Is there a setting i have missed somewhere, or a way aroud this problem? We can log in as others, if we type in that particular users username at the end of the html address. But this really isnt practicle as some of of users a...

Exel 2002 freezes when opening sheet
Hi Have office XP, windows XP pro, latest service packs. When opening a word or exel document from the file/Open menu and select previous documents opened at the bottom of the menu the first time it takes forever and freezes the machine while waiting, after that it will open OK. Regards Grant ...

.snp Sent via Access-to-Outlook Automatic
W/ a filename of Sales030408_030908.snp - is NOT opening. What am I doing wrong? TIA - Bob Hi Bob, My guess is that you are not doing anything wrong. It may be that some setting is not correct in your registry to allow Outlook and Snapview.exe to work together correctly. Are you able to open the .snp file if you first save it from the e-mail message to some folder on your hard drive? Have you tried a different .snp file, just to rule out possible corruption in the Sales030408_030908.snp file? Tom Wickerath Microsoft Access MVP http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/ http://www.access.q...

Dexterity Runtime: You do not have permissions to open this file
So, I have a users that is getting: "Dexterity Runtime: You do not have permissions to open this file" I checked and I ensured that she has the same permissions on the network as other users and she can get to all the files in the GP directory on the server. I had the admin reset her password in Great Plains and that didn't work either. I had one of the other users log into her computer and it worked fine too. Any Clues. Is this happening when first logging into GP? If so, it's typically a Windows permission error on the reports.dic (usually this happens when it...

Report Footer Help Needed Please
I have a report (a bill of lading) that I want to print 4 copies of. But at the bottom of each page I need a different statement printed (1st copy - "Original", 2nd copy "Customer Copy", 3rd copy "File Copy", etc.) Can anyone guide me in the right direction to accomplish this? Duane: Thanks for your quick response. I tried this, but I can not get it to work. Any other suggestions? Thanks, T "Duane Hookom" <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message news:988241CB-1FD8-4EA7-98AD-7310A005CAA2@microsoft.com... > Allen Browne has a ...

opening excel from intranet ie6.0
I have a number of excel files I wish to share between multiple users. I can give them access to these files via our Intranet using Internet Explorer 6.0. My problem is that the excel files open up inside the browser, not in excel. I want user to click on the file in the Intranet IE6.0 and for the file to open in the Excel application (Excel 2000). Any ideas / help welcome. Thanks Paddy ...

Accessing lookup entity properties!!
Hi, I have found a useful piece of code which allows me to use Javascript to read certain properties from a lookup entity. In other words, when I create a referential relationship between my custom entity and the product entity, I would like to have the Javascript code write certain product characteristics, such as ID, Description, etc. to other attributes on the form. Is this possible or can I only access the name value? This is a piece of code which will retrieve the name value of the lookup, but I would like to access more product attributes. var selectedProduct = crmForm.all.<produc...

Phone Numbers for Access MVPS
Id' like to start posting phone numbers for Access MVPs; that way if you need help with Access then you can go ahead and call them I found his address and phone number at zabbasearch.com TOM G WICKERATH 15851 12TH PL BELLEVUE, WA 98008 (425) 562-8913 I will post more soon oh and here is the contact info for Tony Toews, right?? http://www.zabasearch.com/query1_zaba.php?sname=anthony%20toews&state=ALL&ref=%24ref&se=%24se&doby=&city=&name_style=1 I love this website; this is so helpful-- now we can CALL our favorite MVP whenever we have a problem with Acce...

Data Access Page 09-11-07
Good Morning Community, Is there any way to include a search function on a Data access Page? I have a file that I want to put on a Data access page that will be published on a shared drive, the problem is that the file has about 1000 records and to search through each one would defeat the purpose of putting the page up. Is there anyway to include a search function that would jump to a particular record as access does on its forms. Thanks in advance for any response Perhaps this sample database will serve as a starting point: http://www.cadellsoftware.org/SampleDBs.htm#FilterDAP...

Unable to open excel file #2
Hi. I have problem openning an excel file from windows explorer or from my desktop. However, when I open the excel program and open a file manually(File-Open----) everything works fine. I get an error message that the file could not be located. I noticed that it adds .xls to every word separated by space. For example: My file is in C:/Shared/Folder/test.xls, it tries to open: C:/Shared.xls then Folder.xls then test.xls Please help. Thanks. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi! I think the steps below will solve this problem: 1. Exit Excel 2. From the Startmenu, cli...

mde file in Access 2007
I have just converted a mdb database in Access 2007 to a mde file, but now the said database does not work correctly. When I opened up the mde database, I got a message from Access 2007 saying there was a potential security concern, and I clicked the ok button to open up the database. Now the combo box to find records does not function, as when I select a record from the list, it is not shown on the form. Thanks On Sun, 30 May 2010 18:00:40 +0100, Bob H <bob@despammer.com> wrote: Did you put the database in a Trusted Location (see help file)? -Tom. Microsoft Access M...

CArray of stdext::hash_map<int,int> not possible ( access violation ) ?
Hello, I have problems using CArray<> with hash_map<>. What's wrong with the following code ? class A { A() {} A( const A& ) {} ~A() {} void operator=( const A& ) {} stdext::hash_map<int,int> m_member; }; .... A item; CArray<A> test; test.Add( item ); test.Add( item ); test.RemoveAll(); // access violation in hash_map<> destructor ???????? The same code with std::map<> works ok. What is the problem ?. Everything tested under VS.2005. Thanks, Adam "Adam" <adam_mich@gazeta.pl> ha scrit...

Unable to open Exchange Systems Manager
When I double-click on the ESM on the desktop. I get the following error message. Error Message 1: The system cannot find the file specified Facility: Win32 ID no: c007002 Exchange System Manager Error Message 2: (This message appears after clicking on OK from message 1) Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. Running Exchange 2003 with Windows 2003 "=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBDaHVuZw==?=" <MikeChung@discussions.m...

Open Puiblisher Document Without Program Installed
Is there a snap-in or some way to view a Publisher 2003 document without having the Publisher software installed? I know there is a viewer for Powerpoint slides and thought maybe there is something similiar for Publisher? I have done some searches and found nothing. Thanks in advance for any info. No, there isn't a Publisher viewer. Have your sender convert the publication to a PDF or a picture. There are free PDF converters around. You can download a trial version of Publisher 2007, when the trial runs out it will serve as a viewer. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/FX...

Summary Range Report difficulties
In GP10, with Canadian Payroll module, I'm trying to do a Summary Range Report under Reports, Payroll-Canada, Cards, Sumamary Range Report. Once I filled in the date range info (1st & 30th of the month), clicked Perform Selection, it did its thing, but when I clicked the RecvGen Batch button, it gave me an error that says: Cannot access this report because the dictionary containing it is no loaded. So, which dictionary has to be loaded in order for this report to be generated? The other buttons for WCB Report, EHT Report, and RecvGen Employee have no problems. Just the RecvGe...

unable to open information store
After a recent power failure, where the exchange server was not shut down properly and just died, I now have users, that used to be able to open other users inbox to read the emails, now not able to open these inboxes. the message is unable to open information store. The same also applies to callenders, but this is not happening to everyone, as I can still access other peoples folders. ...

Report Writer, Blank SOP Forms & MBoM Revision Levels
Hello, I am trying to add the revision level listed in table BM010415 of the Manufacturing Series to the Blank SOP Forms used in Dynamics GP. I am frustrated by the lack of capacity to relate GP Tables to Manufacturing Tables in the Report Writer. Can anyone offer any help? (Without using Modifier dependant VBA.) To go into further detail, I can link from the Manufacturing Series into standard GP tables; but I can't link from GP into Manufacturing, which forces the Manufacturing Tables to be primaries and inhibits the ability to reach into Manufacturing. I can add GP Data into...

reports in the webclient
Hi! We are using the webclient of CRM but have some problems whit reports. Under the "Workplace" we have report under navigation pane but not under action toolbar. And when I click on the report under navigation pane it says: Error An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. Is there a problem whit the conection to the reportserver or? ...

Hyperlink formula opens .xls and .doc, but not .pdf
I have a list of Word, Excel, and Acrobat files in C and the formula =HYPERLINK("S:\public\Forms\" &C2, "Open " & C2) in C. Multiple people are using the worksheet. It appears that everyone can open the .xls and .doc files, but the .pdfs open for some and not others - often with a brief flash of the Acrobat application, then nothing. Copying file name and opening it within Acrobat works fine. Any ideas on where this behaviour is comming from? Tim Mills-Groninger So make sure that all the users have the latest version of the software: http://www.adobe.com/suppo...

When report is empty show a standard phrase (newbie)
I have a report with subreports in it. When one of the subreports is empty I would like to have a standard phrase show up such as "There are no additons today". I am using Access 2003. Is this possible? Try a text box with this expression: =IIf([Report].[HasData], Null, "There are no additions.") If you have any other calculated fields, that might fail, since calculating non-existent fields results in #Error, and Access quits calculating the calculated controls when one is uncalculatable. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Acces...

DLL load error in Access 2003
I use the following code in an MS Access 2000 application, and it works fine: Dim db As Database, rstControl As Recordset Dim tblControl As TableDef .... code snipped CheckPoint = 0 ' ' Loop to delete linked tables; tables are linked if the 'connect' ' property is not null ' CheckPoint = 1 On Error Resume Next ' ' Don't generate an error if a table is not linked ' For Each tblControl In db.TableDefs If Not IsNull(tblControl.Connect) And Len(Trim(tblControl.Connect)) > 0 Then DoCmd.DeleteObje...