Opening a database at last used or visited record

Please advise how this might be done if it is possible.

Thanks Roy.
0
royfarnol
12/25/2009 12:21:43 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 13:21:43 +1300, "royfarnol" <royfarnol@kol.co.nz> wrote:

>Please advise how this might be done if it is possible.
>
>Thanks Roy.

You'll need to provide a lot more information than that! A database can
contain hundreds of tables; do you want it to open every table at the "last
used"? What constitutes "used" - last entered, last edited, last viewed
onscreen? What are you actually trying to accomplish with this?
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
"royfarnol" <royfarnol@kol.co.nz> wrote in message
> Please advise how this might be done if it is possible.

Save the Primary Key of the record in a table, then open the form to that
record.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

0
Arvin
12/25/2009 3:23:42 AM

‏‏كتب "royfarnol" <royfarnol@kol.co.nz> في رسالة
> Please advise how this might be done if it is possible.
>
> Thanks Roy.

"royfarnol" <royfarnol@kol.co.nz> wrote in message
> Please advise how this might be done if it is possible.
>
> Thanks Roy.

0
john
12/26/2009 10:12:23 AM

‏‏كتب "royfarnol" <royfarnol@kol.co.nz> في رسالة
> Please advise how this might be done if it is possible.
>
> Thanks Roy.

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

SharePoint (WSS) 2007 / Outlook 2007 - Alert
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C70E47.83B45950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have setup a SharePoint Server (WSS) 2007 and are using the alerting = functionality. After we changes stuff on WSS, an alert message is generated and sent to = an email account. This e-mail account is hosted on an Exchange 2003 server. When using Outlook 2007 to open the e-mail, we get: Cannot open this item. Wenn using OWA the e-mail can be opene fine. Does somehow have an explanation for th...

Offline Database Sync #3
Is there anyway to manually sync the offline database with the online database on the server? We have a register that travels to several weekend shows. We use the offline database when it travels and would like to reconnect it when it returns to the store. Since we process credit cards with a secure wireless connection, we want to run a Z report each day and settle the EDC Batch for credit card transactions. In order to accomplish that we do the following. We sync the offline database before the show. Then modify the SO Admin to point the primary database to the offline databas...

disable Review toolbar which came up automatically when opening a.
How can I disable the Review Toolbar which comes up automatically when opening a file? In the Workbook VBA actions. The top left hand corner there is an Excel logo, not the one in th blue program bar, but in the menu bar. Right Click and select "View Code" There will be two drop down boxes one that will probably say General if this has never been entered previously. Change the box on the right to Workbook. Then Change the right hand box to "Activate" Insert the following code Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False exit the VBA screen and t...

"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possi
"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because another user has a source table open in exclusive mode. your query will be opened in design view" what this message mean ,and how can i solve it Hi - Please provide more details as to what you are doing when you get the error, what your database setup is (i.e. split Fe/BE?, multiuser?, version? etc). Without more information, we can only guess. Thanks - John amr wrote: >"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because >another user has a ...

Yet another duplicate record dilemma
I have a table with records where one field are duplicates. I'm able to query to find duplicates and delete them, however what I need to do is find the duplicates, produce a total from another field, delete the duplicates and update the record field with the new total. Use the Find duplicates wizard, the build an Update query and either add to the field: Update MyTable Inner Join Querty1.ID On MyTable.ID Set MyField = MyField + Query1.MyField or just update it: Update MyTable Inner Join Querty1.ID On MyTable.ID Set MyField = Query1.MyField Then delete the duplicate data. -- Ar...

How to make a Add key disabled after adding one record unless
Hi, I have a form where I am adding records. There are two boxes where one has to put the lineitemnumber and another box where one has to put the description. Unless the above two boxes are filled in the Add command box need to be disabled. Now, the problem is after adding one record the Add button is enabled and I cannot disable it. I would appreciate any help to solve this. The error message is: The methos is not supported The following is the code: Private Sub cmdadd_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdadd_Click If (IsNull(Me.LineItemID) = True) Or (IsNull(Me.Description) = True) Then ...

Add new record through Form view
I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command button which will add a new record to my table. On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table in a form. On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:11:01 -0800, Ranjith Kurian <RanjithKurian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command >button which will add a new record to my table. >On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table >in a form. The Click event should show [Event Proced...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Querying multiple records in two tables

Not using zeros in graphing.
I have a running workbook that has tons of information. I have added a sum page in order to have all the data summed up in one simple place. I have formulas that read back into the workbook to link to a cell. Depending on what moth it is, that cell could be empty as it is a yearly wookbook. For example, if this is August, then there is information in the workbook up to August, but none after. With that said, the sum page has the #DIV/0! in the cell which essentially equals zero. I also have graphs that I have linked to this sum page. My problem is in order to keep the graphs up to...

Opening .prn files in XL2000

using vba so search multiple Sheets

DPM and VMM on same server using side-by-side SQL installation
Windows 2008 Std R2 Server, 64bit VMM 2007 is currently installed (with the built-in default database) SQL 2005 Express Edition, SP3, 32bit. I was advised by Microsoft that both VMM and DPM could be installed on the same server (small DR environment) The VMs are hosted on a Windows 2008 Enterprise Server w/ VS2005R2 - because the hardware didn't support HyperV. VMM works great to manage the Windows 2008 VS2005R2 Host running Win2K3 server instances ... after lots of trial and error. Now, I need to install DPM 2007 onto the same server... DPM wants to install the 64bit vers...

Trying to open the current db in Access 2010 through Access Basic
I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a long time. Through Access Basic coding, I use to be able to open the current database and then open a table and walk through each record. Now I can't even open the database. Does anybody have an example of how to do the following: 1) Open Workspace 2) Open Current Database (assume name is unknown during run time 3) Open specific table 4) Step through each record and access the fields George C. Derkacs <George C. Derkacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a lon...

Use a VBA Macro inside an Excel Cell

Database #2
Hi I'm new to Outlook. I hear of an Outlook database in other threads. Is this synonymous with the ..pst or .ost files people mention? Does it corrupt often and if so are there tools to repair it? Regards Craig. There's a utility called ScanPST.EXE that will scan and attempt to repair the file. Yes, typically when a user says Outlook database they're referring to their PST file "Craig Roberts" <craigroberts@jkr.co.uk> wrote in message news:C4C8E141.211DE%craigroberts@jkr.co.uk... > Hi > > I'm new to Outlook. > > I hear of an Outlook d...

Is there a way to graph data which utilizes the "fixed" function for decimal places? When I try this it will not graph, as the data has become text or something - even though I've selected number in the cell formats. If you've fixed the number of digits using only number formats, the values remain numeric, and they should chart just fine. This means selecting the range, going to the Formatting menu and selecting Cells, and on the Number tab, selecting Number in the category list, and setting a number of digits. I'm not familiar with a "fixed function". I...

slow sync with Calendar using Kyocera 7135 via Outlook 2003
I'm stuck and need help. I have a Two Day Old Brand New Dell Dimension 4600. Does anyone out there know what to do when Outlook 2003 is giving a Log report that reads that Outlook Calendar - Slow Sync synchronization failed? This is a first time occurence for me. Outlook also reported that a device is trying to get access to my E- Mail addresses which may indicate a Virus may be present. I've run my McAfee Virus Protection and it didn't detrect anything. I'm at my wits end and don't know what else to do. Can anybody help? ...

Help
Hi... I tried to work on Word today for first time on newish Mac and realized none of my Office applications work. When I double click on Word I can see something happening as I get the circle of colours twirling, but half an hour later it still hadn't opened. I just have to do this as quickly as possible as I have a deadline for what I have to do Monday at 12. I've tried reinstalling the software, but that didn't do anything for me. Mind you I know absolutely nothing about installing anything on Mac computers so I could be doing it all wrong. Do any of you have any idea what c...