open report default view; is this a setting?

All reports in my application seem to open by default in "fit" view, is hter
any way to change that to for example 100% view
1) by changing a setting, 2) by using code?

Thxs-Philip

0
phleduc
5/18/2007 4:24:25 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Philip:

You probably have the report's Autosize property set to Auto. To fix this,
follow these steps:

1.    Open the report in design view.
2.    Open the report's property sheet (View, Properties).
3.    Click the Format tab.
4.    Change the AutoSize property to "No".

Regards
Geoff

"phleduc" <Ph.Leduc@REMOVEcomcast.net> wrote in message
> All reports in my application seem to open by default in "fit" view, is
> hter any way to change that to for example 100% view
> 1) by changing a setting, 2) by using code?
>
> Thxs-Philip

0
GeoffG

Time Scale Default
Every time I set the time scale to 30 minutes, after I close Outlook and reopen it, it reverts back to to th 60 minute time scale. How do I stop it from doing this? -- Signing off ror now, Bill Make sure that Outlook is actually closing properly as there are add-ins that will interfere with the save. Look in Task Manager Processes to see that Outlook.EXE actually stops and disappears. Bill G wrote: > Every time I set the time scale to 30 minutes, after I close Outlook and > reopen it, it reverts back to to th 60 minute time scale. How do I stop it > from doin...

Trying to get filtered Report based on form combo box
I submitted a question about making a form and combo box act like a parameter query a couple of weeks ago. Someone gave me some help but I still can't get it to work. The combo box is linked to the proper list but when I run the report I am having two problems. 1. THe report is not being filtered like I want. 2. I can't get it to preview, it keeps trying to print. Here is the code I have (minus all of the variations I have tried): On Error GoTo Err_CmdRunRpt_Click DoCmd.OpenReport "RptProgramInventory", , , "[ModelNo] = '" & Me.ProgramCombo &...

testing account setting
After setup outlook 2002, (although I can send /receive mail with not problems) when I've try to use the test account setting to send a test mail. I get the follow message "Unable to send test message. Please verify the email address field. Do I have to create a message first before using this function? Any help to this puzzle would be great. Thanks to anyone in advance Regards Fidel ...

Set up email accout in Outlook 2003
I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my email. How do I do this? do you have outlook configured to receive email from cox high speed or have alread done this? "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D86EB69-B86B-4A1A-808E-79AE12FA833F@microsoft.com... > I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my > email. How do I do this? Follow the instructions your ISP provides. This is not an Outlook question. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Karen" <Karen@discussi...

How can a hyperlink be opened by pressing Enter.
In Excel 2003 after inserting a hyperlink to open a picture file stored in the local drive the user needs to be able to open the file by pressing Enter on the cell that contains the hyperlink rather than by clicking on it with the mouse. This feature is enable in Excel 2000 but it the not work in 2003. (the file type or location does not matter). In short, how can a hyperlink be opened by pressing Enter in Excel 2003. Thank you in advance for your help, Carolina I think that this went away in xl2002. You could send a message to mswish@microsoft.com asking for this to come back. Carol...

Outlook 2003 Group View
Outlook 2003 currently groups by the day. Is there any way to set up group by the week instead of the day. Any advice would be appreciated. "Jerry" <Jerry@nospam.com> wrote in message news:Xns9B8E80E2D9C6Ajonseynospamherecom@216.196.97.131... > Outlook 2003 currently groups by the day. Is there any way to set up > group > by the week instead of the day. I don't think that's possible. The "Group By Date" filter will show you "Last Week", "Two Weeks Ago", "Three Weeks Ago", and "Last Month" as well as ...

Hierarchical Reports
Hello, I was wondering is anyone had attempted to create reports that are based on the designated hierarchy in CRM. For example, accounts and opportunities can have parent accounts and opportuinities. Even at the company levels, parent/children associations can be made. If anyone has done any work with this type of information, from CRM or other systems, I would be interested in learning the best way to work with the data, especially as it relates to links to individual activites and the ability to rollup values when possible links to not exist at a higher level. Thanks in advance, Rodney G...

Reports by date
I'm trying to get reports based on a user input date. I don't want all the records in the database just the entries from a certain date and newer. Could someone please help? Thanks ...

Can I Make Calendar Overlay my Default View?
I have my personal calendar and a shared public calendar. I have found how to go to the calendar shortcut, select the two calendars, and then overlay them. However, if I go to the folder view that overlay view goes away. Also, if I restart Outlook, I have to go through all of the work to reset that view up again. I found the "save calendar choice" freeware application mentioned in this forum elsewhere but this did not seem to really do the trick. For one thing, it only saves the view choice as side-by-side. Really, what I want to do is save my default calendar view to always sho...

Attaching an email or a scanned document to an Access Report
In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a memo field in a record. Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional e-mailed information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go? Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually 2-3 pages long. "Help Elimin...

bmp files in Excel Hyperlinks open with wrong program
I have a list of tools in Excel, and I have used Excel's hyperlinking feature to allow displaying a picture of the tool by clicking the link. They always open with Paint, regardless of what I do in the "Folder Options >> File Types" box. I have customized the .BMP file type by adding "Edit with Paint" and "Edit with PhotoEditor" entries to the default settings. Does Excel look for the entry actually labeled "Open" or does it just grab the first entry from the list? (in this case, "Edit with Paint" is first, because they are ...

Bulleted lines in report
I have been looking all over to try and find out how to add bullets to a field on a report. I am using Access 2007. I can find the buttons in the ribbon but can't for the life of me figure out how to make them active. I have a field in the detail section that can have one or two records or 10 to 15. When it lists them all I would like each to have a bullet next to it. Any help would be great. Thanks Mark I couldn't find a bullet but you could place a label next to the text boxes with a Caption of M. Set the font to Wingdings. This solution is a real bomb ;-) -- Duane Ho...

Bug Report
On Mac ----------- Construct linear plot in Excel including: 1. Title 2. X-axis label 3. Y-axis label Copy and Paste into Word Save and send to PC On PC ---------- Open file in Word Notice Y-axis label is gone I'm a Biochemistry student who uses Excel to do lots of number crunching. I use a 1.25G Powerbook G4 with OS X 10.4.3 and the newest version of Office. I copy plots from Excel to Word often when writing reports without any problems. Recently, I've began submitting reports electronically via email and my professor uses a PC. When he opens my files, Y-axis labels are mis...

Default Style
G'day All I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following problem. I would like to have a customised default style for the 'comma', 'percentage', and 'currency' for every workbook (new and existing). I have created the styles I'm after under the 'Format- Styles' menu. Also, I have looked up the "Save Styles to use in new workbooks" in the HELP function and did everything it said. However, when I open up a new workbook, my styles are not there. What is there are the original style settings with each style duplicated. Eg ...

Outlook 2000, large pst file slow to open or corrupt
Hi, this is a very frustratring problem I hope someone canhelp us with. I've established that the outlook.pst file is either too large of corrupt. I've run scanpst which found no problem, the pst file is 2gb! should this cause a problem? I can't reduce the size of the file, although is will open, it won't let me delete of move anything or even archive - reporting that it can;t access the pst file although I can open it and browse contacts and messages (it's very slow doing this though) How can I reduce the size of this file in another way? See if this info helps: http:...

Is there a way to set default font in all child controls?
Hello The SDI application with splitter window - two views inside. Each view has a number of child controls created dynamically. Any control (like CEdit, CButton, etc.) created by .Create method has a standard (ugly) font. I know I can obtain default GUI font and assign it to each control but I don't want to do it manually each time I create a control. Is there a way to force each child control to obtain font from its parent (without subclussing of course). si >Any control (like CEdit, CButton, etc.) created by .Create method has a >standard (ugly) font. >I know I can obt...

multiple mail accounts/default and others
I have two mail accounts set up in my OL98/WinXP. I receive mail from both accounts but normally only send mail from my primary account which is also set as my default. But occassionally I will get mail on the secondary account (which is primarily an incoming mail only) that I want to reply to. But I find that when I reply to that incoming mail and then send/receive using that secondary (non-defualt) account the mail is not sent and remains in my outbox. But I've also tried to forward that message (rather than reply) and insert the reply to address in the to: field and use my primary (defa...

Pivot report without the drop downs
I created my Excel 2007 Pivot table with the data I need. Now, I want to remove the Report Filter Drop Down showing lot more information than my peers or superiors need to see or even try to view. The same is true for the Rows Labels and Column Labels with the drop down. I figured out how to remove the plus signs by using the "Show/Hide" on the Options on the Ribbon. I tried the copy and paste but for some reason I can only do .txt or object. There is no paste special. Then the format is not the same. Do anyone have an answer for this problem? Thanks a million, Ty ...

set up a continuing roster?
how do i set up a continuing roster in excel, with names, months, dates? You'll have to be a little more specific as to what you want -- neopolita ----------------------------------------------------------------------- neopolitan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=61 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39329 Hi Are you talking a duty roster here? If so, what type of shifts? How many shifts per person per week/month? What hours are to be worked? Is it a class roster? How many periods per day? What dura...

Printing reports #3
Money Ess. How do I print a report for gross pay, or net pay,or some form of income . I look at help page and it say"s to go to commen task to pick this task ,But it"s not available . ...

Change the default Calendar
Hej to all I have outlook 2010 with 2 calendars, calendar and work. By default the default calendar is calendar, but I would like to be work, since calendar have almost my private things, there is a way to change the default calendar to work. Thanks to all. Sofia No, you'll have to copy over the items from one to the other. Personally I don't use 2 calendars for this but use a single calendar and categorize my appointments accordingly. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/191 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft...

Make Reporting Easier to customize
In future updates it would make life much easier if all the tools you needed to customize reports came with the CRM software. I am trying to do customization of reports and so far have had to buy a license for VB.net and the reporting still is not up and running yet. Even if you included a stripped down version of the business intelligence reports within CRM it would make a world of difference. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in th...

CWinApp Setting application icon
In CWinApp I can set the application title by changing the data member m_pszAppName. This title then appears in the top left of the application window. Just to the title's right is a logo icon which is defaulted to the MFC icon. I'd like to change it to the applications icon. How is that done? Thanks, Neil Look in your resources for an icon with the id IDR_MAINFRAME and modify that. A point to be careful is that an Icon can have entries for different sizes and colors. If you are simply going to edit that instead of the changing the file that it points to, make sure that you d...

Comment: Default Text Size etc...
Hi, Can I change the default size of the comment, and the text within? I have tried to play with each one but that is a pain in the butt. I have searched for it to no avail. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you, Kevin Try this (It's a setting in windows, not in Excel): Right-click on any empty space in *windows desktop* > choose Properties Select Appearance tab* > click "Item" dropdown menu > choose "Tooltip" Choose a Font and Size to taste (You can also change the color here) Click OK > Apply > OK *If in WinXP, click "Advanced&qu...

Outlook doesn't open in the inbox work space. Open up in the Outlook today works
How do I make the Inbox as the default workspace in Outlook 2000 corporate mailbox. running on Win xp. ...