Open Query Design In SQL view

Is it possible to open the query design window directly to the SQL
View in existing queries or in creating new queries?  Presently it is
two or three clicks to get there.

0
tcb
9/24/2007 12:34:17 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

If the existing query was saved in SQL view, opening it subsequently in
Design view should open it in the SQL view.

I'm not aware of any way to have new queries automatically open in SQL view.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"tcb" <tbenson@mn.rr.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to open the query design window directly to the SQL
> View in existing queries or in creating new queries?  Presently it is
> two or three clicks to get there.

0
Douglas

external web query (passworded site)
im trying to pull data from a pay site. I am a member to this site, have username and password etc etc. but whenever i try to pull the web query it gives the error "the web query returned no data" is there a way to implement my u/p into excel so that it automatically logs me into the site so that it can retrieve the data? (the site is investools) -- JustinB ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JustinB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34886 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....

Macro to open a search box?
I have a spreadsheet with 2 tabs - one containing all the data, and another that acts as a front end. I have added several drop downs, and created macros that apply autofilters to the data tab based on the selections. I did want to add a keyword search box - is it possible either to create a simple macro that summons the search box (ctrl - F) and pre-fills with the keyword entered into a cell, or more spectacularly to then only summon the whole records of anything containing that keyword? All of my 'records' are on a row each on the data tab, so if there was a match it woul ju...

Connecting entities in one View
Hello, all! Is it possible to customize my own view to show documents with conditions, that uses other entities? I mean something like hard SQL-queries (with INNER JOIN may be...) I think Deployment Manager can help me to make mappings from one entity to another (using my own new fields) and then use that new fields in query. But can anybody say me clearly what is mapping in Deployment Manager?? ;) Views will only work with one CRM entity at a time. As always can create custom pages to act as views using asp.net and the SDK. The mappings in deployment manager allow you to tranfer data bet...

Excel 2000 file when opened in Excel 2003 generates errors?
Ok - Im going crazy with this one. When I open an Excel 2000 file in my Windows XP (sp2) Excel 2003 I get the following.... "Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" which then generally butchers the file (sometimes does almost ok in trying to "repair" it). I have tried this on two separate computers with Excel 2003 - same results. NOTE: Excel 2000 opens it perfectly on third pc. I have virus scanned, ad-awared, uninstalled Excel 2003 and reinstalled. No luck. Sample file is available at http:...

Workbook opens twice
I have a user that when they send me a workbook, it opens twice. The first instance is in Page Break view and the second is in Normal View. On the Windows Start bar, the files are named filename.xls:1 and filename.xls:2. When he creates workbooks, the same thing is happening. Is there an option that got turned onthat is doing this?? Assuming he/she only wants to keep the normal view, select the one with pagebreak view, press ctrl + F4, save the workbook. The user used 2 windows, changed one window to pagebreak and saved it Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ron" wrote: > I ha...

Protecting Tables from being viewed
Hi all, I need help to protect my tables from being viewed by my users. Basically, i want to them to view data via forms, which is much easier to control. To prevent this problem, I disabled all menu and the database window on startup, but they can easily bypass the strartup if they know how. Also, all my link tables are linked tables, but they still need to show up on the database window anyway (am I right? Is there anyway to avoid that?). Also, I tried to create MDE files, which did not help because they only lock code-based objects.... I ran out of options, if you have any suggestion or s...

resetting default fonts for all folder views Outlook 2003
Is there a way that I can reset the default fonts for all folder views. Some of my folders have been "customized" and I would like to reset them all without having to go through one by one. ...

Query Data With....
I hv this table Cust ID A 123-45 B 123344 C 1-2-45 D 1 2227 Q, How to find cust ID with - only or those with spaces Thanks "zyus" <zyus@discussions.microsoft.com> д���ʼ� news:387CB40E-B52D-4FCD-AC66-F5014EBBA57E@microsoft.com... > I hv this table > > Cust ID > A 123-45 > B 123344 > C 1-2-45 > D 1 2227 > > Q, > > How to find cust ID with - only or those with spaces > > Thanks select * from tablename where id like '%-%' Tried...but failed.. "wang...

query data
Hi. I am building an aviation database. I am want to create a flight summary query that shows only Carrier Date of Flight Origin Destination Miles Flight Hours However, my result is a line for each passenger - for example If there were three passengers on one flight i am getting 3 lines with 3 x the miles and 3 x the hours. How do I return only one line per flight. Also, I want to be able to show flight details with all passenger names for each flight. Is a subreport the answer there? Thanks, JF -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com jefferysf via AccessMonster.com wr...

97 in XP Open Already
Hi, I am sure this is an old issue to a lot of folks, so please accept my apology. I am running Windows XP on a somewhat new Compaq Laptop. I created a new document in Excel 97 or Word 97. Saved it and closed it. When I reopen it from the Excel or Word program I DO NOT get a message. When I reopen it by double-clicking it through Explore I get a message that says that the file is already open. I have downloaded and installed Service Packs 1 and 2. As well as the Unique Identifier Patch before creating the document. In addition all the other available downloads for Office 97. My ...

Query by Dividing by 0
I am working on a school project which I have been for weeks. I have one problem that I can't resolve. I have a two tables that I have to divide to get a percent of free throws made. I have 0 that appear in the each table and sometimes both of the them have 0. I used the following query expression: freethrows: IIf([stat_freetrows_taken]=0,"0%",[stat_freetrows_made]/ [stat_freetrows_taken]) This works but shows that data in decimal form. I have to show this in % form. I even highlighted it in design view and clicked on properties to format to percent but everything stays i...

outlook not responding when opening encrypted email
I have a user on a exchange account that whenever he opens an encrypted email, outlook 2007 "freezes" any help would be greatly appreciated "wool" <wool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3E64E7C-B7F9-42F7-BC56-6998C7668686@microsoft.com... >I have a user on a exchange account that whenever he opens an encrypted > email, outlook 2007 "freezes" any help would be greatly appreciated Do the settings look OK in Tools>Trust Center>E-mail Security? Can s/he open the certificate and see the properties? Do they all look OK? Is the...

Designing a legend from a different series
I have a Pie Chart with Prim Regions of resorts and a count of res at each resort. The regions are abbreviated but also included in the table are full names. I would like my pie chart to use abbr. and the legend to use full names. How can I accomplish this? Have you considered using a subreport with a record source similar to the charts Row Source with the matching colors to replace the legend? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm "cmiller" wrote: > I have a Pie Chart ...

CRM 3 - Outlook sent items
We're using CRM 3, update rollup 3; Outlook 2007, SP2; We create all of our emails in Outlook, because we only want to have to use one application to send email. We then track the client emails in CRM with the "track in CRM" button. I have a user reporting this problem: If I send an email to a client and I track it in CRM. Then I go back later and want to forward a copy of that email to a coworker, I am unable to open it in the “Sent” email box. The whole Outlook system just bombs and reboots on me. [she gets the error: Outlook has encountered a serious problem... a...

Limiting the ability to view emails in a shared mailbox
One of my executives allows her assistant to view her inbox and check her email. I have just been asked if there is a way to create a filter so that the assistant CAN NOT see or view emails that are received from certain people for confidentiality reasons. Can this be done? On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 06:58:31 -0800, "ghutnick" <ghutnick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >One of my executives allows her assistant to view her inbox and check her >email. I have just been asked if there is a way to create a filter so that >the assistant CAN NOT see or view emails that a...

unable to open a money2002 file in newer versions of Money
Hi I have just changed PC's, my old PC was XP Pro running Money 2002, and my new PC is Vista ultimate, i couldnt find my old Money 2002 disc so installed Money 2007 but cannot open my Money 2002 file or Back up, all files are in a folder within my documents, but keep saying the files were from an incompatable version. I have also tried Money 2005 as well and get the same error, however just to check the files were ok, i turned on my old PC and the files work fine within Money2002, is there an update i can do or a way to solve this at all? thanks for any help Gra "incomparib...

Inbox view
I am able to add the "office location" field to the inbox view, how do I get it to display the information (in my case it is the room number of messages sent from users listed on the GAL in my office that I am interested in seeing). is it possible to have this information display? if so how? Since the Office Location field is a Contact field and not a Mail field, adding it to your Inbox view won't help the values to show up. (They'd show up if you added the Office Location field to a Contact folder view.) You'd need to use a custom field in the Inbox and populate ...

Selecting default calendar view
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop I prefer to have the month view in my calendar, but every day, when first opened, my calendar view needs to be manually reset to Month. <br> How can I select a new default view, and lock it in? On 2/15/10 2:46 PM, jmilty@officeformac.com wrote: > I prefer to have the month view in my calendar, but every day, when > first opened, my calendar view needs to be manually reset to Month. > How can I select a new default view, and lock it in? Entourage should return you to the view you last...

IE 8 CTRL+F open blank toolbar
Hi I'm sure this must be around but I can't find it, as trying to find a solution to a "find" problem is a nightmare. I have downloaded several copies of IE8 and all of them show the same error, when I put the CTRL+F command to search the current page it opens a blank toolbar that cannot be removed save by closing down the browser window. Where is the "find on this page" gone and is there a patch to fix this. Thanks See if this helps. http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fix-find-on-this-page-does-not-work-in-internet-explorer-8/ "cathy" <...

Open two instances of CRM
I can only open a single instance of CRM. If I try to launch a second instance, the browser for the second instance will immediately close. I believe there is a switch I can include in the short cut to allow a second simultaneous instance of CRM to run. Does anyone know what it is? You have two choices: 1.) Turn "AppMode" off via web.config 2.) Point your second browser instance to http://CRMSERVER/loader.aspx Aaron Elder =============================================== Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Core Application Development Team ===============================...

comma delimited (CSV) document opening issues
I have a document that was saved as a "comma delimited" document. I am now trying to open it, and everytime it opens, certain cells which used to have numbers in them, now have dates in them. Can you tell excel not to use any built informulas, before opening the document? Thanks in advance for all help. If the extension on the file is .csv, you can't change this. The workaround is to change the extension to .txt. When you open a text file, you get the options to specify the data type in each column. On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:33:50 -0700, "jvoortman" <anonymous@di...

IM Query Timeout
Experiencing an SQL query timeout error for a query that takes approximately one minute with Query Analyzer. Here is my DSN connection string: Provider=MSDASQL.1;Command Timeout = 19200;Connect Timeout = 19200;Extended Properties="DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=servername;UID=sa;PWD=xxxxx;APP=Integration Manager;WSID=workstationhostname;DATABASE=databasename";Locale Identifier=1033 Have tried creating a new DSN and integration from scratch but with no luck in resolving the timeout problem. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. ...

Views on multiple folders
In Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server. Hi, We’re dealing with a medium-high amount of folders in some shared mailboxes. I’d like to create two extra views for my co-workers for each folder. The two views are independent of the folder so i just have to navigate through the folder tree and creating the new views and make it public for the folder. My question is: .. where are really these views stored?? I guess on the server so I'm asking myself about the consequences in tearms of memory or performance of each user modyfing each view eventually on each folder. The serve...

adding fields in query
I am trying to add fields in a query to put into a new field. For example; FieldOne, FieldTwo, and FieldThree should equal FieldFour. FieldOne has a value of 1, FieldTwo has a value of 2 and FieldThree has a value of 3. When I try =FieldOne+FieldTwo+FieldThree in FieldFour with the expression builder, it does not add them, it just shoves all their values together. Instead of FieldFour having a value of 6 when I run the query, it gives me a value of 123. I have also tried the "&" instead of "+", and I get the same results. I have tried changing the To...

Opening Large Spreadsheet
I have a data dump that is more than Excel's 65k row limit. How can I get around this limitation to open up my file? (I can not import into Access without formating the file first). Maybe you could use your favorite text editor and split your data into pieces--and then import each piece to a new worksheet. Microsoft has a macro solution that does something similar: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q120596 XL: Importing Text Files Larger Than 16384 Rows (written for xl95, but has a note to change stuff for xl97+) Darren wrote: > > I have a data dump that...