On Vista, starting Access 2007 is horribly slow (configuration dia

I've done some research and it appears that Access 2007 and Access 2003 DO
NOT coexist on the same VISTA machine peacefully.

Every time I start MS Access 2007, I get a "Configuration Progress" dialog
box that probably takes 2 minutes to complete.

I have uninstalled all office products and just reinstalled access 2007, all
to no avail.

There certainly has to be a fix for this? A registry edit?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Are you saying that with ONLY Office 2007 on your machine, you are STILL
getting the Configuration dialog?  That is wierd.

BTW, the problems with multiple version of Office on the same Vista machine
are greater than this.  See this excellent FAQ by Allen Browne.
http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html

--
--Roger Carlson
   MS Access MVP

"Jamie Hornstein" <Jamie Hornstein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:51C1724D-0D3B-4A80-A6DB-389198F214B8@microsoft.com...
> I've done some research and it appears that Access 2007 and Access 2003 DO
> NOT coexist on the same VISTA machine peacefully.
>
> Every time I start MS Access 2007, I get a "Configuration Progress" dialog
> box that probably takes 2 minutes to complete.
>
> I have uninstalled all office products and just reinstalled access 2007,
> all
> to no avail.
>
> There certainly has to be a fix for this? A registry edit?

0
Roger
7/30/2007 3:22:55 PM
On Jul 30, 4:06 pm, Jamie Hornstein <Jamie
Hornst...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I've done some research and it appears that Access 2007 and Access 2003 DO
> NOT coexist on the same VISTA machine peacefully.

FWIW I get this behaviour when Access 2007 and Access 2003 coexist on
the same XP (virtual) machine.

Jamie.

Jamie

Microsoft Database Access drivers (*.mdb) & XP x64
When installing a new application it gave an explicit error message (system error 126) saying that Microsoft Access drivers failed to load. The application opened anyway but the functionality related to those drivers did not work. I searched the drive for *.mdb files and found that apart from two Windows IAS (which I don't use anyway) drivers, all the other .mdb files related to functionality which fails in another of my applications. What is it about .mdb files in my installation of Win XP x64? As this box is not connected to the internet it is not running any of the us...

Cannot edit in Vista
I just upgraded from XP Pro to Vista Pro. Now, when I open Access 2003 app I cannot go into design of any reports. All other objects work fine. Can someone help me figure this one out? p.s. If I open the same app on an XP PC it works fine. David hi David, David C wrote: > I just upgraded from XP Pro to Vista Pro. Now, when I open Access 2003 > app I cannot go into design of any reports. All other objects work > fine. Can someone help me figure this one out? Installed any printers? mfG --> stefan <-- Suggestions: 1. Install another printer driver. You don'...

Hide Cells with Zero Value in Excel 2007 while using line chart ty
Hello All, I am using Excel 2007 and have a situation with the charting functionality. For example - I am trying to set up automatic update chart update for Jan 08 – Dec 08 data i.e. user just enters data each month and the graph trend shows up each month. I have done this a lot of times but seem to have a unique situation with excel 07 this time when I am using the line chart type to show the trend. The date cells that have some kind of formulas used i.e. if function or Iserror function etc. I tried to test the chart by entering data for January it works fine with bar graph only displ...

Access 2007 accde format
Is access needed to open an accde database? If so, what is needed to compile a database to an executable to run as a standalone like an mde file in Access 2003? TIA -- Greg "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BA1B9D9-2444-41B1-81A5-F0088CF599BB@microsoft.com... > Is access needed to open an accde database? If so, what is needed to > compile > a database to an executable to run as a standalone like an mde file in > Access > 2003? An ACCDE file is exactly analogous to an MDE file, but neither one is truly a standalo...

OL2003
I can access MSN Messenger and my several hotmail accts perfectly from my IE6 browser. Since 8/2003 I can no longer access the hotmail accts from Outlook. YES, it did work for a year before! I had OL XP and then upgraded to OL 2003 Beta hoping it would fix the problem. No luck. I have since deleted all profiles (and data files) and tried all over... no luck. Everytime it just prompts me for username (pre-filled in) and password (pre-filled in). the UN & PW ARE CORRECT as they are identical to my browser login. I have posted this before and received no help... please MVPs & MS... he...

Me.RecordSource does not seem to work in Access 2007
Hi With the following code: If global_orders_due_today = True Then Me.TxtCurrentView = "DELIVERY DUE" global_orders_due_today = False Call disable_buttons Me.RecordSource = "Orders for delivery today" Me.DataEntry = False Me.AllowAdditions = False Else If global_standing_orders = True Then Me.TxtCurrentView = "STANDING ORDERS" Call disable_buttons Call disable_bottom_buttons ...

Creating an Outlook 2007 macro that attaches a signature to new me
Hi, I'm new to macro creation and have several questions. I created code that adds a random signature to an open message window. Now I need to find a way to execute this code every time the user creates a new message window (new message, reply, forward). How can this be done? Following up on this I need to know what I can do with the macro code to "install" it within several Outlook 2007 instances. 1) See the NewInspector event. 2) http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=28 -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories:...

middleware, automating Access from "scheduler"
I am building an application that grabs data from one application (webbased) with multiple linked tables, mixes the data, and pushes them to update another Access based application. The application was built to be form driven so we can see "what is going on" but using functions. Now there is a request to automate the process, meaning we need to run the functionality automatically on a regular basis, but without even opening the access database. How would you handle this best? I have never even done anything similar,? I was thinking about using windows scheduler, building an exe f...

\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM "Access is denied"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545 hello, i'm receiving the following "Access is denied" when i type "md tmp" to start the recovery commands. is there a way around this? i do not have an admin password setup, help... thanks! -Vic When first at the Recovery Console you are presented with a list of Windows installations. The first thing that you must do is select the Windows installation that you wish to logon to. Did you type in the number of the Windows installation (usually 1) and then press <Enter> to logon to the installation? ...

Search lookup intermittent
Office 2007 Vista Ultimate SP1 When I use search in mail and/or contacts, it sometimes finds the mail/contact and sometimes does not. I tested by ensuring the mail/contact was present and sometimes search locates them and sometimes says none found. I have the vista search enabled and it finds both contacts and eMail. Why is outlook 2007 search spotty? Any thoughts appreciated. -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net ...

Money 2005 to Mon ey 2007
I upgraded to Money 2007 and all works fine. The conversion of the old Money file worked well. The problem I am having is, when I go to back-up and want to change the location of the backup, I get the following: The pathname is invalid. Please use a valid pathname. I have tried every which way to enable the "correct" pathname, but I am obviously doing something wrong, ,so any and all help will be appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, HowdyDoody wrote: >I upgraded to Money 2007 and all works fine. The conversion of the old Money file worked well. The problem I am having >i...

Money 2007 Delux stops working when updating
I've been using Money 2007 Deluxe since its release with no problems. Suddenly last week it stops working whenever I request it to update my accounts. If I do not force an update to the accounts - it works perfectly fine and will download transactions every 24 or so hours. I've read a number of posts with people having issues when the program opens - I don't know if it's the same issue. Still, I've reinstalled the software, closed modules, changed my start page and removed online services for ING Direct (an issue in and of itself). Is there a fix out ...

Fill bar/column charts with patterns in Excel 2007?
Is there anyway that I can fill a bar/column chart with patterns as I can do with Excel 2003? I know that MicroSoft removed this feature in Excel 2007. But I don't understand why they do it. Lots of academic journals prefers black and white charts than shaded or charts with gradient. Also, it's hard to tell one series of data from another series if they are printed in black and white. Any help is appreciated. Excel 2007 doesn't use these patterns anymore. Did you really find them useful in Excel 2003? They printed at such a fine resolution that different patters were ind...

Future of Access
I keep hearing people say around my office that access is no longer supported? is this the case now?? have read some threads but are a few years old. I like access and will be disapointed if it is on the way out.... Of course it's not the case. Office 2010 was just released, and Access is in it, with brand new functionality. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "StuJol" <StuJol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECF011C6-26FE-4962-87A1-13BDF8655B0C@microsoft.com... >I keep hearing ...

Out of office in 2007
I was recently updated from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 with a Microsoft Exchange server version 2003 or earlier. I use my out of office daily, in outlook 2003 if I reopened outlook and my out of office was on, it asked if I wanted it turned off. Is there an option to continue this with 2007? Thanks Dragon "Dragon" <Dragon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46C966F0-F249-4EE3-BEB1-517AC3D53A52@microsoft.com... >I was recently updated from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 with a Microsoft > Exchange server version 2003 or earlier. I use my...

Excel table from access sorting problem
I created an Excel97 table by transfering data from an Access97 table successfully. I could sort the new table but when I add new records they will not sort into the original excel table of access data. What am I doing wrong? Jadd, The most likely thing is that you have text from the Access table and numbers you're adding. They sort differently. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Jadd" <Jadd777@JUNO.com> wrote in message news:1cb3c01c38879$fd639c90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Excel97 t...

Req. Mgmt Approvers & Purchasing need easy access to all Reqs
We converted from eRequisition to Req Mgmt when we upgraded to GP8.0. In the process we lost the functionality to inquire on all Requisitions in the system. This becomes a major hassle for the purchasing department. Query capabilities exist, but they can't print out the requisitions for auditing purposes from the query. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open ...

Excel 2007 opens in prview intermittently
At the risk of being flamed, is there a fix for Excel 2007 openning into the preview page on a Vista based PC. There is no sense to it - I can attempt to open Excel a dozen times or more & all of a sudden it opens correctly into the normal gridded page? Dave ...

Accessing Performance Counters
I am having an issue accessing the perf counters via WMI. If i browse wmi i don't see this key at all (Win32_PerfFormattedData_MSExchangeIS). Other Win32_PerfFormattedData_MSExchange are there but the IS is what i care to access. I have resynced the counters using winmgmt /resyncperf but still no luck. Any thoughts? -james "James Lapic" <jlapic@wirelesscorp.com> wrote: >I am having an issue accessing the perf counters via WMI. If i browse wmi i >don't see this key at all (Win32_PerfFormattedData_MSExchangeIS). Other >Win32_PerfFormattedData_MSExch...

Office 2007: Outlook
OS: Vista I have been using Windows Mail and Windows Contact as my email and contact programs. I have just installed Office 2007 and want to replace Mail and Contact by Outlook. However, when I tried to import my contacts into Outlook, I find that some fields are missing: Birthday Anniversary Spouse/Partner Children I see that there are fields for Birthday and Spouse/Partner in Outlook but the data has not been imported. As for Anniversay and Children, I can't find these fields in Outlook. What can I do to make sure that all these fields are properly imported? Thanks! "Sh...

Outlook hangs when started
I'm running outlook express v.6 on windows XP. Recently I did some major cleaning of my mail box (removing old e- mails, storing messages in different folders, and saving some digital photo attachments). I was in a new folder I created and when I tried to switch back to my main inbox folder the application hung. So terminated the program and re-opened it.. same thing.. it hung. So I restarted my computer... it still hangs. Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks, Nick You will find that posting in an Outlook Express group will garner a faster answer - this group supports ...

Mny2006 configuration question
When I upgrade from XP to Win7, I am going to do a complete wipeout of C drive. IWhen I install the MNY2006 cd, I will use the backup for my personal file. I would like the 'new' configuration of the Mny2006 to be the same as the configuration which I currently use. Question: Does the .mny and/or the .mbf backups contain the configuration or is there another file(s) which I should copy to a thumb drive? I have both .mny and .mbf files on a thumb drive. tia I'm not sure what you mean by "contain the configuration". Some settings are stored in your file and its backups...

Using Office 2007, we use exchange for our internal mail and a POP
Using Office 2007, we use exchange for our internal mail and a POP3 address for our outgoing mail. My boss sends an email to an outside person using the POP3 and then wants to cc someone internal using the Exchange account in the same email. So far, when he does this, it sends him an undeliverable message back for the Exchange (or vice versa). How can we change the settings to do this automatically? ...

Have Excel 2007 but need to open files from Excel 2003
I just recently upgraded to Office 2007 Professional, but my work still uses 2003, and when they send me Excel files, it keeps telling me that the cell data is too large and gives me formulas instead of the actual text. I know there is a compatibility pack to view 2007 files in 2003, but is there a way to view 2003 files in 2007? Thanks in advance for any help. There's not supposed to be any problem in opening 2003 files in 2007, and thus no 'compatibility' pack for it. Key words "not supposed". I hadn't heard this one before - so I presume the 2003 files yo...

Cannot start Outlook--an OLE registration error occurred; reinstal doesn't help
This is what happens when I try to open Outlook. I get a message that says, "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run setup again for the program." I have tried several things--installing Outlook again, uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook, uninstalling and reinstalling all of Office xp, and running the utility to find and fix errors (not necessarily in that order). I had problems with Word and Excel, which were corrected for the most part by uninstalling Norton Anti ...