on last enter start new blank form

is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of
information? Thanks in advance for the help!
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

If you set the form's property to add new records, and add a <Save> command
button, you should get "a new blank form".  If you're asking how to have it
happen without the <Save> button, how will Access "know" when you're
finished entering data?

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"JMD.Park" <JMDPark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of
> information? Thanks in advance for the help!

0
Jeff
3/19/2010 2:51:13 PM
Last entered would be enter or tab after last field

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> If you set the form's property to add new records, and add a <Save> command
> button, you should get "a new blank form".  If you're asking how to have it
> happen without the <Save> button, how will Access "know" when you're
> finished entering data?
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
> --
> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> does not constitute endorsement thereof.

> guarantee as to suitability.

> possible/necessary.
>
> "JMD.Park" <JMDPark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of
> > information? Thanks in advance for the help!
>

> .

How would I set the form's property to add new records? and add a save command?

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> If you set the form's property to add new records, and add a <Save> command
> button, you should get "a new blank form".  If you're asking how to have it
> happen without the <Save> button, how will Access "know" when you're
> finished entering data?
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
> --
> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> does not constitute endorsement thereof.

> guarantee as to suitability.

> possible/necessary.
>
> "JMD.Park" <JMDPark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of
> > information? Thanks in advance for the help!
>

> .

In the AfterUpdate event procedure of the control in question put the
following code:

    DoCmd.GoToRecord acForm, Me.Name, acNewRec

This will take you to a blank new record immediately after entering data in
the control, whether you’ve just entered a new record or edited an existing
one.  But bear in mind that a user might not necessarily enter the data in
the controls in the correct order.  An alternative would be to make sure that
the control is last in the form’s tab order, and put the above code in the
form’s AfterUpdate event procedure rather than the control’s.  This would
mean that the form would move to a new blank record either after entering
data in the control, or if after entering data in the control and then moving
back to another control with the mouse or Shift-Tab, they then save the
record explicitly or by moving off it with the navigation bar.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

JMD.Park wrote:
>Last entered would be enter or tab after last field
>
>> If you set the form's property to add new records, and add a <Save> command
>> button, you should get "a new blank form".  If you're asking how to have it
>[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
>>
>> .

KenSheridan
3/19/2010 4:51:53 PM
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:45:01 -0700, JMD.Park
<JMDPark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of
>information? Thanks in advance for the help!

If the "Cycle" property of the form is set to the default "All Records", and
you use the Enter or Tab key on the keyboard to move from control to control
(rather than the mouse), Access will indeed move to a blank new record after
the last control in the form's tab order.

If you're using the mouse exclusively, then Access may not have any way to
know when you're done.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

"KenSheridan via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> In the AfterUpdate event procedure of the control in question put the
> following code:
>
>     DoCmd.GoToRecord acForm, Me.Name, acNewRec
>
> This will take you to a blank new record immediately after entering data in
> the control, whether you’ve just entered a new record or edited an existing
> one.  But bear in mind that a user might not necessarily enter the data in
> the controls in the correct order.  An alternative would be to make sure that
> the control is last in the form’s tab order, and put the above code in the
> form’s AfterUpdate event procedure rather than the control’s.  This would
> mean that the form would move to a new blank record either after entering
> data in the control, or if after entering data in the control and then moving
> back to another control with the mouse or Shift-Tab, they then save the
> record explicitly or by moving off it with the navigation bar.
>
> Ken Sheridan
> Stafford, England
>
> JMD.Park wrote:
> >Last entered would be enter or tab after last field
> >
> >> If you set the form's property to add new records, and add a <Save> command
> >> button, you should get "a new blank form".  If you're asking how to have it
> >[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
> >>
> >> .

> .

I am using tab, and the cycle control is set to all records. Still doesn't
work.

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:45:01 -0700, JMD.Park
> <JMDPark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of
> >information? Thanks in advance for the help!
>
> If the "Cycle" property of the form is set to the default "All Records", and
> you use the Enter or Tab key on the keyboard to move from control to control
> (rather than the mouse), Access will indeed move to a blank new record after
> the last control in the form's tab order.
>
> If you're using the mouse exclusively, then Access may not have any way to
> know when you're done.
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

Is working now, have to tab through buttons. Thanks!

"JMD.Park" wrote:

> I am using tab, and the cycle control is set to all records. Still doesn't
> work.
>
> "John W. Vinson" wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:45:01 -0700, JMD.Park
> > <JMDPark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of
> > >information? Thanks in advance for the help!
> >
> > If the "Cycle" property of the form is set to the default "All Records", and
> > you use the Enter or Tab key on the keyboard to move from control to control
> > (rather than the mouse), Access will indeed move to a blank new record after
> > the last control in the form's tab order.
> >
> > If you're using the mouse exclusively, then Access may not have any way to
> > know when you're done.
> > --
> >
> >              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> > .

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:55:02 -0700, JMD.Park
<JMDPark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is working now, have to tab through buttons. Thanks!

aha!!!

You can set the Tab Stop proprety of a control to No if you want to avoid this
hassle. On the other hand, it's often helpful to have buttons in the tab
sequence - you can click the button by tabbing to it and pressing the
spacebar, and never need to touch the mouse at all.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

JMD.Park wrote:
>Receive error "can't find the object 'DoCmd'"
>
>> In the AfterUpdate event procedure of the control in question put the
>> following code:
>[quoted text clipped - 22 lines]

KenSheridan
3/19/2010 10:53:25 PM
Tried in event procedure still not recognising docmd.

"KenSheridan via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Sounds like you might have entered the code directly in the properties sheet,
> not in the event procedure.  To enter code in an event procedure you select
> the event property in the properties sheet, click the ‘build’ button (the one
> with the three dots), select ‘code builder’, then enter the code in the VBA
> window which opens.
>
> Ken Sheridan
> Stafford, England
>
> JMD.Park wrote:
> >Receive error "can't find the object 'DoCmd'"
> >
> >> In the AfterUpdate event procedure of the control in question put the
> >> following code:
> >[quoted text clipped - 22 lines]

> .

I think I will stick with the second option. Thanks.

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:55:02 -0700, JMD.Park
> <JMDPark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Is working now, have to tab through buttons. Thanks!
> >

> aha!!!
>
> You can set the Tab Stop proprety of a control to No if you want to avoid this
> hassle. On the other hand, it's often helpful to have buttons in the tab
> sequence - you can click the button by tabbing to it and pressing the
> spacebar, and never need to touch the mouse at all.
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

Check that you have no missing or broken references.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

JMD.Park wrote:
>I am using tab, and the cycle control is set to all records. Still doesn't
>work.
>
>> >is there a way to have a new blank form start after entering last input of
>> >information? Thanks in advance for the help!
>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>> If you're using the mouse exclusively, then Access may not have any way to
>> know when you're done.

KenSheridan
3/24/2010 3:46:58 PM
Changed tab stop to no. Thanks to everyone for help

"KenSheridan via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Check that you have no missing or broken references.
>
> Ken Sheridan
> Stafford, England
>
> JMD.Park wrote:
> >I am using tab, and the cycle control is set to all records. Still doesn't
> >work.

> >[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
> >> If you're using the mouse exclusively, then Access may not have any way to
> >> know when you're done.

> .

NEWBIE question. Fields with calculations correct on form not showing up on report?
I have basic fields that are on a data entry form so when the clerk types in quantity and unit price the TOTALS field calculates this. When I look at or pull in the TOTALS field on my report it just shows $0's. How do I get the report to show what's on my form? On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:00:37 -0800 (PST), p-rat <osupratt@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have basic fields that are on a data entry form so when the clerk >types in quantity and unit price the TOTALS field calculates this. > >When I look at or pull in the TOTALS field on my report it just shows >$0's. How do I ...

Set a form as a subform without the Wizard?
Hello, Using Access97, can I somehow set a form I have as a subform in another existing form when I have the typical install and no install media? When I try to follow the Help system procedure it errors saying the necessary Wizard is not installed. Is it possible to do it by other means? Regards, ern. On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 00:26:16 +0100, "ernie" <ernie@unspam.co.uk> wrote: >Hello, > Using Access97, can I somehow set a form I have as a subform in another >existing form when I have the typical install and no install media? When I >try to follow the Help system pr...

Last Balanced Date
Does anyone know a quick way to get a list of accounts and the last date they were balanced? I'm finding myself having to select each account and manually check to see if it is up to date. I would think there would be a report of some kind that would display this somewhere, but I can't seem to find one. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...Skip Skip, I've been thinking of the same exact question ever since I made the upgrade from Money 2004 to 2005. The ability to see the last balanced date across all accounts did exist in the 2004 version, and it was very useful. It...

Listing in previous records in Form by vertical scrolling
Please help, I would like to set up a form the way that if I enter the record I would like to see that record and access should open a new line where I can add a new record. I would like to scroll vertically in the old record to edit them eventually. I know that there can be a Record selection but I don't want that. Thank you for help. I cannot find it myself. On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 07:40:01 -0800, Jan <Jan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Please help, > >I would like to set up a form the way that if I enter the record I would >like to see that record and access s...

Need Help Filtering a Form with VBA
I have a form whose underlying data comes primarily from "Table1" (for this example). On the form is a drop-down box that displays a field named "Primary OBS" for each record. "Primary OBS" is stored in "Table1". It is an index into another table "Table2" which contains a field named "Team Code". "Team Code" can look like "JD130000" or "JG320000", etc. What I need to do is to filter the records in the form by the first two letters of the "Team Code". In other words, the user ca...

Scroll bar not showing in a text box on a continuous form
Hi I'm using Access XP and have a continuos form (which is a subfrom) which contains three text boxes. Each text box has its scroll bars property set to vertical yet they don't show. I tried using the on enter event to programatically set them using something like "myControl.scrollbars=2" but still they don't show and the code doesn't generate any error. This is a pain as the user doesn't know if there's more text than what's displayed. I'd like to avoid setting the height of the text box to show an extra half line so it's obvious as this...

POP Blank PO Form #2
Is there a way to limit the number of lines that are printed on a page? Want to limit 10 and then go to new page. -- Christopher Sorel ...

Text On Forms Becomes Blurry/Bold
Hi everyone, I have an interesting problem that I can't find a solution to. Once a form has focus for a few seconds, some of the text becomes blurry and slightly bold. There is no code on the form that would cause this to happen. I was wondering if anyone has seen a bug like this before. This only happens on some computers that use the database. I am using Office 2003. See these images: http://www.kslab.com/normal.jpg http://www.kslab.com/blurry.jpg Thanks in advance, Joshua Joshua Did you check at the Search sites? I've never heard of this happening before. Well, actua...

Help With Score Card / Questionnaire Type Form
This is part of a longer post I tried to send earlier. I am building an Access application that resembles a questionnaire or score card. This is occurring to capture data in a database instead using individual Excel spreadsheets as is the practice now. I need help with getting the form to look like the spreadsheet with multiple questions displayed on the screen at the same time. I have created a table, DM Checklist, that contains the fields store number, date, DM category, pt value and question, and score. I have other tables – DM Category Table, DM Category Comments Table, Sales ...

Subquery
Hi, I'm trying to code a subquery on a table but to no avail...it's a very simple table that has Date (short date, just recording the day) and NAV which is a number (double). All I'm wanting to do is have a query that displays the Date, the NAV and the NAV from the day before - only recording business dates. In other words, the subquery number I want is the NAV from the record preceeding the current one. I've got as far as the below, but that just gets the same NAV number as today's: SELECT tblNAV.Date, tblNAV.NAV, (SELECT LAST(x.NAV) FROM tblNAV as X LEFT JOIN tblNAV on...

Paste Special
Hi there! Using E02 in XP. I have a section of data that I am copying for use elsewhere and I have a few rows that have data in Col A but Cols B-H are blank. I tried the Paste Special and selected Skip Blanks but still got all the lines. Could have sworn I've used it before and was able to identify which Col or Cols to look at for the blanks kind of like when you use Data/Sort. Can anyone put me back on track? Thanks in advance for any help or advice!!! Bonnie If you read the Help on "skip blanks" you will get a better understanding of its function. "skip blanks&q...

Cannot view / enter any GL accounts! HELP!
I ran the Check Links yesterday. Now, I cannot see / access / view / created any GL accounts. I first thought that all disappeared as when I open the lookup window, they are all gone. However, after logging in as the sa, they are definitely all there. It appears every user lost access to do anything with GL accounts. When one attempts to manual type in a valid GL account, it simply erases itself once entry is complete. HELP! Did you check your check links reports what did they show?? Can you see the accounts as a Power User or only as sa? "Adam" wrot...

Outlook 2002 "From" field blank?
My wife and I both use Outlook 2002 - hers supplied and set up by her Company IT dept, mine is private. In my Outlook, messages I have sent have the "From" field containing my name and email address. In her Outlook, the "From" field is blank. Because she files messages by conversation in folders other than the "Sent Items" folder, this is annoying. I can't find a setting anywhere to change this. Is there one? ...

synchronizing forms on a tab control
I have placed a customer listbox on page one of a tab control. On page two I have a form bound to a customer table. When I select a customer in the listbox and click on the tab for page two I would like the form to show info for that customer. how can I synchronize the two? Steve, I would assume that your customer table has a key field like CustID. Use the combo (ex. cboCustID) to select a legitimate CustID. Make cboCustID the Parent, and CustID in the subform the Child. Use the AfterUpdate event of cboCustID to Requery the subform, whenever the value of cboCustID changes. -- ...

Exporting all forms record either in a table or Excel 2007.( Any m
Dear All, i have a form that contains 347 records.I want a macro that copy all the field from each record and generate a table in access and save all the fields in a row. i.e Record 1 all fields should be saved in Table first row then record 2 in second row an so on till All records saved. Moreover Is there any alternative option that either all records fields exported to excel file. Please help Rgds, Aligahk06 aligahk06 wrote: >Dear All, >i have a form that contains 347 records.I want a macro that copy all the >field from each record and generate a table...

Keeps asking: Enter Network Password
My Outlook keeps asking this for email. I've set the Tools > Options ... Logon Information to "Remember password" but it constantly pops up the prompt. How is this fixed ?? O.S.: Windows Server 2003 "_DouglasKBell" <douglaskbell@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%vTxk.24788$xZ.6185@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com... > My Outlook keeps asking this for email. > I've set the Tools > Options ... Logon Information to "Remember password" > but it constantly pops up the prompt. > > How is this fixed ?? > > O.S.: Windows Server 200...

Open Same Form 2 Different Ways
I am coding with C# in Visual Studio 2005 for a database application residing on remote MS SQL Server 2005. What I want to do is open the same form but from 2 different places and only one instance. I currently have the form where it will open from a double click on datagridview from another form to the proper record and only one instance. However, doing this bypassed by databinding source for opening the form to all records. I still want to be able to open the form to all records again only one instance. I think I need to set up custom load methods and run a form load check with if/else ...

Form display shutting down
Hello. I want do do the following: when I display in a form a record one after another, when I reach the last one, the displays automatically ends or go to a end form to tell the user that the presentation ended. What is happening right now, is that when I reach the last record and I enter TAB, appears a new empty record. Note that this is not a only presentation session, I mean, I need to enter some information in the records while displaying. Thanks in advance. Best regards. On the Data tab of the properties sheet for the form, set "Allow Additions" to NO. acores wrote: >H...

Forms, Fields, and Restricted Editing
[This post applies, at least, to Wd2007 and Wd2010.] If I use the content controls under the developer toolbar, I can restrict editing (also under the developer toolbar) so the user can just tab through the places he/she needs to enter information. On a different model, I can insert ASK fields and REF fields so that the user enters information in response to prompts, and the info becomes replicated at various places throughout the document. But it does not appear that I can restrict editing *and* use ASK and REF fields in an online form. So here's my problem: is it possible--...

What happens with forms after windows is unlocked
I have several subforms set to function for data entry only (edits, deletes, navigation disabled; additions, data entry enabled). Everything works fine until I lock and unlock my computer. Several seconds after the computer is unlocked both subforms select and display an existing record. In one case it's the first record in the table, in the other a record in the middle and I can't figure out what's special about it. I've tried sticking event handlers on what I though were the most like events to blame but all I've managed to figure out is that whatever is going on is oc...

Form print problem
Hi I'm not if this is the right place to post this issue, but here we go: I have a database application, which when prompted prints out a detail section of a form. This has been working nicely in access 2000, in which the application has been developed. Now I have installed access 2003, and suddenly an empty blank page is printed before the actual page. In the design view under page setup I can see that the paper size is "Letter" - In access 2000, however, the paper size was set to "A4". I can't change the setting - it always reverts to "Letter". I ...

trying to get day/month/year froamt while user enters year only
I am trying to get the end user to enter the year in question and then have the document return values in column A in dd/mmm/yyyy format and column B in Day of week format for all days in that year You would just use something like =DATE(2006,1,ROW()) copied down, but I am not clear where the year number is stored, and when the flip to column B happens. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "RADIOOZ" <RADIOOZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A7C3C6F-8AEE-487F-8ADF-62F2234C3858@microsoft.com... > I ...

Form with two nested subforms.
I am setting up a database with three main forms. The parent form is called [Orders]. The first subform is called [People]. the Second subform is called [records]. Each order can have multiple people in it. Each person can have multiple records. To keep all of the data on one page, I nested two different subforms. The problem is that I am having problems running simple functions on my second subform [records]. The first problem is using the findrecord operation to find a value (MaxID) in the ID field. Here is what I have: Forms![Orders]![People].Form![Records].SetFocus Forms![Or...

New formula: = does not disappear
In an excel sheet, I am typing in a new formula: "=Master!C271". However, instead of showing what is in that cell, it shows the formula. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks! Hi Mike tools / options / view - untick formulas or the cell was preformatted as text, use edit / replace - look for: = replace with: = this tends to fix it Cheers JulieD "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78BE9332-7E2F-4DB9-8D84-DE485BB6A878@microsoft.com... > In an excel sheet, I am typing in a new formula: "=Master!C271". However, > ins...