object or class does not support the set of events 03-16-07

I have a form in a MDE that works fine on pc's with Access 2000 (or just the 2000 runtime).When I use that same form in the same MDE on a pc that has Office XP installed (even with Access 2000 runtime installed as well) I get the error "object or class does not support the set of events" when I close the form or when the mouse moves over a the DBITech ctMDay ActiveX control that I use.The MDE has these references on Access 2000:VBA: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA6\VBE6.DLL (6.0.89.67)Access: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACC9.OLB (9.0.0.2719)stdole: C:\WINDOWS\system32\stdole2.tlb (3.50.5014.0)ADODB: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ado\msado21.tlb (2.81.1117.0)DAO: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao360.dll (3.60.8618.0)CTDEDITLib: C:\DBITech\SolPIM3\Components\ctDEdit.ocx (5.0.0.1)MULTIDAYLib: C:\DBITech\SolPIM3\Components\ctMDay.ocx (5.0.0.4)On the pc with Office XP VBE6.DLL is a later version the rest of the files are the same version as on the pc with Access 2000.Any clue why the form is giving an error on one pc but not on the other?Daniel
0
Daniel
3/16/2007 9:12:58 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Maybe try registering the Multiday OCX on the XP PC?regsvr32 "C:\DBITech\SolPIM3\Components\ctMDay.ocx"
0
B_A_R_T_M_A_N
3/16/2007 11:56:09 PM
==== Original message from B_A_R_T_M_A_N at 17-3-2007 0:56> Maybe try registering the Multiday OCX on the XP PC?> regsvr32 "C:\DBITech\SolPIM3\Components\ctMDay.ocx"> I've done that (several times) and Access sees it but it's still not working.
0
Daniel
3/17/2007 6:59:17 AM
Do the makers of this control claim that version is compatible with2002 (XP)?If so, perhaps they could determine the source of the error.
0
storrboy
3/17/2007 2:04:19 PM
==== Original message from storrboy at 17-3-2007 15:04> Do the makers of this control claim that version is compatible with> 2002 (XP)?> If so, perhaps they could determine the source of the error.> It should to be compatible and they were unable to find a solution.Regards,Daniel
0
Daniel
3/17/2007 2:22:03 PM
Do circumstances allow you to make a XP MDE without relying on the2000 runtime?If that worked, then I'd have to suspect a version conflict between2000 and XP.
0
storrboy
3/17/2007 2:37:15 PM
==== Original message from storrboy at 17-3-2007 15:37> > Do circumstances allow you to make a XP MDE without relying on the> 2000 runtime?> If that worked, then I'd have to suspect a version conflict between> 2000 and XP.> I initially ran it with the full Access XP that didn't work. I then tried running it on the same machine with Access 2000 runtime and that didn't work either.
0
Daniel
3/17/2007 2:46:16 PM
On Mar 17, 9:46 am, Daniel Polak <dan...@sys.nl> wrote:> ==== Original message from storrboy at 17-3-2007 15:37>> > Do circumstances allow you to make a XP MDE without relying on the> > 2000 runtime?> > If that worked, then I'd have to suspect a version conflict between> > 2000 and XP.>> I initially ran it with the full Access XP that didn't work. I then> tried running it on the same machine with Access 2000 runtime and that> didn't work either.I mean as an actual 2002 file format with 2002 (Access10) references.The only reason I can think of for this to happen as you describe isbroken/invalid or conflicting references. Otherwise I'm afraid itsbeyond my experience. Sorry.
0
storrboy
3/17/2007 6:29:27 PM
==== Original message from storrboy at 17-3-2007 19:29> On Mar 17, 9:46 am, Daniel Polak <dan...@sys.nl> wrote:>> ==== Original message from storrboy at 17-3-2007 15:37>>>>> Do circumstances allow you to make a XP MDE without relying on the>>> 2000 runtime?>>> If that worked, then I'd have to suspect a version conflict between>>> 2000 and XP.>> I initially ran it with the full Access XP that didn't work. I then>> tried running it on the same machine with Access 2000 runtime and that>> didn't work either.> > > I mean as an actual 2002 file format with 2002 (Access10) references.> The only reason I can think of for this to happen as you describe is> broken/invalid or conflicting references. Otherwise I'm afraid its> beyond my experience. Sorry.> No reason to be sorry, thank you for your help!It looks like I will have to try making an Office XP MDE or do a fresh of install of Windows with Access Runtime and then see what happens if I add Office XP.Daniel
0
Daniel
3/17/2007 6:41:20 PM
Good luck.
0
storrboy

Trap the rename event of Excel sheet
Hello, How can i trap the rename event of an excel sheet? Is it possible to get the renamed sheet name as soon as it'd changed? thanks and rgds bmm, There is no rename event of an Excel sheet. You may be able to use the calculate event of the sheet, though. In Cell B1, use this formula: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,LEN(CELL("filename" ,A1))-FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))) And in cell C1, enter the current sheet name. Then use this calculate event: Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() If Range(&qu...

registering for .NET events from MFC C++ (How)?
Folks, I have a C# .NET Assembly that is called from an MFC C++ application. The assembly is marked as COM visible so I'm accessing the assembly from MFC C++ via COM. Everything works great but here is my question: I need to create an event in the .NET Assembly and have the MFC C++ application register for this event and handle the event. Can anyone provide an example or a link for doing this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, -- Anthony Yott It is mush easier if you add CLR support to your MFC app. "Anthony Yott" <anthonyyott@hotmail.com> д���ʼ� ...

Money 2006 Having Trouble with Online account set-up (investments)
I have been trying to link money to all my investment account so I don't have to enter all the transaction by hand, but the problem arises when I have 2 or more funds from the same broker. Money will only allow me to link one fund number to each account number, unless I create seperate accounts for each individual fund. Anyone have a way to link multiple funds from the same broker to online account services? ...

Error accessing static class member
I'm trying to access a static member of a class, and I get links errors. Follows a sample app which causes the error: // // configmgr.h // #pragma once class CConfigMgr { public: CConfigMgr(void); virtual ~CConfigMgr(void); static int s_iFileNum; public: static int GetFileNum(void); }; //int CConfigMgr::s_iFileNum = 21; // // configmgr.cpp // #include "StdAfx.h" #include "ConfigMgr.h" CConfigMgr::CConfigMgr(void){} CConfigMgr::~CConfigMgr(void){} int CConfigMgr::GetFileNum(void) { return s_iFileNum; } // // Ex04.cpp // include "stdafx.h&...

Event 1037 single mailbox not receiving mail
I have encountered a problem with exchange 2003 where a single mailbox is not receving incoming mail. The user can connect to the mailbox, see what is in there and send mail. However all incoming mail to the user stays in the Local Delivery queue at retry status. The exchange log shows event 1023 followed by event 1037. So it appears that the mail is coming into the server, and that the server can identify the correct mailbox but for some reason it believe the mailbox is unavailable. Has anyone any ideas? Thanks Ian ...

How do I change outlook settings to open a weblink from Email?
Since I installed windows7 I am unable to open weblinks from outlook emails. Ask me to contact the administrator as this operation has been cancelled or restricted. I am the administrator. There was no problems with windows Vista. How and where should I change the security settings for this. I can open another link from IE with no problem. I am grateful for any help. Thank you. This is an issue with IE. See below http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will ...

Blank forms 03-03-08
Hello. Having trouble with this one... new to access... I have three different forms. Each time i load each one up, all the data from the last record is poplulated into the fields. How do i make it for sure either load up blank each time, or with only information that i specify? there doesn't appear to be an on start event or anything like that... anybody help me out? One option to open the form in data entry mode (blank form) is to set the Data Entry Property to True. Open the form in design mode Goto the Data Tab Set the Data Entry property to True Close and Save the change -- ...

sharing Excel '03 data with Access
Hello experts, I'm attempting to convert excel data to an access database. I cannot find the access add-in link that is available in previous versions of excel, nor does it appear available from Microsoft's web site. Any thoughts on the best way to covert without an add-in? The best way to get data into Access is to import it via Access rather than pushing it from another app. MH "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1141996580.690866.131650@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello experts, > > I'm attempting to convert excel data to an a...

What is a file permission error when saving a document in Word 07
I am trying to save a word document I am working on and after I hit save I get the message "file permission error". What is this? and how do I fix it? Thankyou Hi jcs0730, Is the file on removable media (eg CD/DVD or a USB stick)? If so, that may be the cause of the problem. Alternatively, if you've accessed the file from a read-only location on a network, you could get such an error if you try to save your changes back to the same location. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "jcs0730" <jcs0730@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

how to set my hotmail in outlook 2007?
I have xp sp3 and outlook 2007 on my laptop, but I couldnot manage to set my hotmail in outlook2007. I'v tried many times, it never succeed. could anyone be so kind to help me? -- michael __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4574 (20091104) __________ The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. http://www.eset.com what did you try? If you use Outlook 2003/2007, you can download the free Outlook Connector to continue receiving Hotmail. If you're using Outlook 2002, you will need to change the account to use POP3. If ...

DEPACCO 07-08-08
GANA DINERO CON DEPACCO: -100Euros alregistrarte -10Euros por e-mail recibido y leido -5Euros por click -Dos niveles de referidos ��� REGISTRATE YA EN!!!: www.depacco.com/pages/index.php?refid:agamenon ...

onAfterApplyFilter event?
Hi: onApplyFilter event is executed just before the filter is apply... is there any event that is executed after the filter is apply? Thnks ...

Force Event log message when checking database size
Is there a way to force the posting of a message, when the database is checked for size? In my case I have changed the size and saw it on the re-start of the service. Now I would like to see it when it does check (at 5:00AM) each day. Can this be done? Thx On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:28:51 -0400, "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote: >Is there a way to force the posting of a message, when the database is >checked for size? In my case I have changed the size and saw it on the >re-start of the service. Now I would like to see it when it does check (a...

Object Dependencies
We are using Office 2003, but kept our database in the 2000 format. I am unable to use the object dependencies in Access 2003. Could the 2000 format be the problem? Thanks. No, the feature 'works' (in as much as it ever works at all) with 2000 format. It does, however, require that Name AutoCorrect be enabled, and that's something that you really don't want to do. See Allen Browne's article on the subject at the following URL ... http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html -- Brendan Reynolds Access MVP "DSmith" <Donna@NOTSPAMres-xraynews.com> wrote in m...

Setting up Outlook e-mail account
I'm trying to launch Outlook e-mail account, Yahoo is my ISP. I've made it to the screen where I test account settings and a sceen pops up for "Enter Network Password". Server is: pop.mail.yahoo.com, my user name and password are entered, I click OK and then the screen comes back again. I'm unable to get past this point. Any suggestions?? Thanks, Franny Franny wrote: > I'm trying to launch Outlook e-mail account, Yahoo is my ISP. I've > made it to the screen where I test account settings and a sceen pops > up for "Enter Network Password&...

How do I set up a 5 day calendar with Thursday and Friday weekend.
How do I calculate days between dates using a 5 day calendar with Thursday and Friday as the weekend days? Thank you. Hi try =NETWORKDAYS(A1+1,A2+1) where A1 and A2 are your two starting days "riegal" wrote: > How do I calculate days between dates using a 5 day calendar with Thursday > and Friday as the weekend days? Thank you. Hi, Frank: I think you need to add 2, so Excel will "think" that Thu is Sat, and Fri is Sun. On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 04:09:02 -0800, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=NETWORKDAYS(A1+1,A2+1...

how do I set up outlook for multiple users on 1 computer?
I have recently switched over to cox high speed from Aol. I am now using Outlook for retreiving email, calendar, etc... This is a family computer and others would like to use it to do the same. How would I configure Outlook to accomodate all of the users of this computer? We can't tell you until you tell us what version of Outlook you are using. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.gr...

Object disappears when saving photo
I grouped a text box onto a photo then attempt to save photo as. No matter what file format I chose the photo only saves as the original photo without the text box. The text box disappears every time. I've tried diffrerent fonts, moving the text box forward. I've never had this trouble doing it before. Thanks for any ideas! How about, Save, files of type, scroll down to image formats. If it is too big after you save, you can always bring it into an editing program and crop away the unneeded areas. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "bosox75m" <bosox75m@disc...

error setting PageWidth in c#
Trying to set page width in C# generates an error. I am using Publisher 2003. here is my sample code segment and the error received. What am I doing wrong? Publisher.Application App = new Publisher.Application(); Template = App.Open(@"test.pub", true, true, Publisher.PbSaveOptions.pbDoNotSaveChanges); Template.PageSetup.PageWidth = 11 * 8.5; System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. at Publisher.PageSetup.set_PageWidth(Object RetValue) at PublisherSample.Class1.Main(String[] args) in c:\publisher\class1.cs:line 62 The VB example in MSDS is as follows. What am I...

how do i set up an excite account?
I can't get my excite email account to go to Outlook. I've followed all of the instructions using pop accounts and still can't get it working....Help@@11 absolut311 <absolut311@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can't get my excite email account to go to Outlook. I've followed > all of > the instructions using pop accounts and still can't get it > working....Help@@11 Since you pay Excite for the privilege, ask them. -- Brian Tillman If you have the free Excite, you cannot use Outlook since it's Web mail, not POP. You'll have to upgr...

How to have Invoice Format be based on Customer Class ID?
Our company has two separate divisions which each invoice separately. We would like for each division to print its own invoice format. We will segregate customers by Class ID. Is there a way to have a given Customer Class ID default to a given Invoice Format? (Others have suggested VBA... can someone get us started on that code?) Thanks! Yes you could do this either using Dexterity or VBA. You would, of course, only be able to do this if printing single document because if you print a batch of invoices (by choosing a range of some sort) then it prints as one big report and so it woul...

Multiple IF function 03-13-10
Hi, I'm trying to create a Life Insurance Calculator within Excel. I've already done a VLOOKUP to get the Relevant Premium Rate, but now I need to be able to reference back to them given the option. The four options available are: 1. Male Non-Smoker 2. Male Smoker 3. Female Non-Smoker 4. Female Smoker For example: 1. If Male AND a Non-Smoker, I want to refer to Cell A1 2. If Male AND a Smoker, I want to refer to Cell A2 3. If Female AND a Non-Smoker, I want to refer to Cell A3 4. If Female AND a Smoker, I want to refer to Cell A4 Any help is much appreciated. Th...

how to get the number of milliseconds between two System.DateTime objects
how to get the number of milliseconds between two System.DateTime objects DateTime dt = DateTime.Now; TimeSpan ts = DateTime.Now.Subtract( dt ); Convert.ToString(ts.TotalMilliseconds) ; ...

integrate Activex control(OCX) object into ATL COM Server DLL project
I need to integrate Activex control(OCX) object into ATL COM Server DLL project. I created a dialog in my the project and added activex control. After adding the ActiveX control my other parts of the program are not working properly. The COM DLL calls CoCreateInstance() to connect to another component. At this point it hangs. If I remove the ActiveX object from the project everything works fine. Do you guys have any idea? ...

event 1016
Event Type: Success Audit Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: Logons Event ID: 1016 Date: 7/12/2005 Time: 5:10:59 PM User: N/A Computer: server Description: Windows 2000 User domainname\userAlogged on to userB@domain.com mailbox, and is not the primary Windows 2000 account on this mailbox. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. Any chance this could be a false positive? I'm seeing it in the eventlogs and i know the user does not have the know-how nor the access to be able to log into another mailbox? Thanks Andy On Tue,...