Not recorded unless tab opened

I created a form with four tabs and (registration, progress,delivery of baby,
and after delivery care. When i creat a new patient record in registration by
putting name some details in the registration tab, if i close it at that
point, the record cannot be recovered back into the form. However its in the
table when i look for it. The surprising issue is if i open the delivery of
baby tab and i only put in one single information, then i can recover that
information on the form . The patient record will only be recovered if i fill
the delivery of baby tab and no other tab allows this.

This is a problem. I should be able to open the registration tab, fill in a
few criterias and close it. Then decide to reopen and continue to fill out
more information on the patient as things progress. But it will not occur
unless i also open the delivery of baby tab, put in a small information .
What hav i done wrong??
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

I may be wrong about this but it sounds to me as if the forms are not linked
in the right way or it may worse than that and the tables may not be linked
correctley.

MAKE A BACK UP YOUR DATABASE and work on the copy (just in case)

You have at the moment 1 form with 4 tabbed forms ?
What is on the main form ?

Try this.
Create a form from the table containg details of the baby (name, DoB, etc)
Ensure that each record (baby) has a unique number (ID)
In this form add the details that are specific to that baby.
Next add the 3 other linked form as subforms (you can place them on tabs if
you want).  Ensure that each sub form is linked to the main baby form by the
ID.

If you still have problems you could post back with more details of the
tables, links, sql (if you have any), etc.

--
Wayne
Manchester, England.

"reportyemi" wrote:

> I created a form with four tabs and (registration, progress,delivery of baby,
> and after delivery care. When i creat a new patient record in registration by
> putting name some details in the registration tab, if i close it at that
> point, the record cannot be recovered back into the form. However its in the
> table when i look for it. The surprising issue is if i open the delivery of
> baby tab and i only put in one single information, then i can recover that
> information on the form . The patient record will only be recovered if i fill
> the delivery of baby tab and no other tab allows this.
>
> This is a problem. I should be able to open the registration tab, fill in a
> few criterias and close it. Then decide to reopen and continue to fill out
> more information on the patient as things progress. But it will not occur
> unless i also open the delivery of baby tab, put in a small information .
> What hav i done wrong??
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 23:54:01 -0700, reportyemi
<reportyemi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I created a form with four tabs and (registration, progress,delivery of baby,
>and after delivery care. When i creat a new patient record in registration by
>putting name some details in the registration tab, if i close it at that
>point, the record cannot be recovered back into the form. However its in the
>table when i look for it. The surprising issue is if i open the delivery of
>baby tab and i only put in one single information, then i can recover that
>information on the form . The patient record will only be recovered if i fill
>the delivery of baby tab and no other tab allows this.
>
>This is a problem. I should be able to open the registration tab, fill in a
>few criterias and close it. Then decide to reopen and continue to fill out
>more information on the patient as things progress. But it will not occur
>unless i also open the delivery of baby tab, put in a small information .
>What hav i done wrong??

The tabs are *completely irrelevant* functionally: a tab is just a way to
arrange screen space. It appears that you have based the main form on a query
joining the registration table to the delivery table; if it's the default
INNER JOIN query, you'll need data in both tables to see either table on the
form.

What is the main form's Recordsource property? Post the SQL if it's a query.
Does the delivery tab have a Subform control on it? If so what's its
Recordsource.

The typical design would be a mainform based on the Registration table with
four Subforms (which can certainly be on different tab pages, though the form
will work the same whether they are or aren't), each bound to one of the four
related tables, using the patient ID as the master/child link field.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Cash Drawer Not Opening
We have a following problem, the cash drawer even that is seems to be setup correctly after random amount of transaction it just stops opening. Once we exit and reopen the Store Op. POS it works fine for another while. Would anyone have an idea what can be causing that behaviour? Regards, Greg (we tried with different versions of Epson OPOS drivers, and different type of printers) / RMS version 1.2, 1.3 ... / This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_03AA_01C77133.9891C7F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-pr...

Error: ".....doc uses a file type that is blocked from opening in this version
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel The file sent to me seems to be a 97 to 2004 version. I cannot understand why there would be any difficulty in opening a previous version document of word in mac 2008. I have tried changing the .doc file to a .docx but it doesn't work. Hoping for some help, thanks. How are you "changing" the file if you can't open it? Simply altering the extension does *not* change the file type & makes matters worse by misinforming the program as to what type of file it actually is. Make sure your...

OnEvent Click and Tab Controls
Good Day All.. I have an issue that I had posted previously but it did not get resolved. It may partially be my fault for not explaining my need/question correctly. I have a form. The form contains a subform. & a tab control. The subform has 3 fields listed for the user: ShipTo, BillTo & Account Name The tab control has 3 tabs. The first tab is where I am struggling right now. I want the user to select ('click') on the "account" in the subform (data sheet) at the top. Once they click the "account" the fields on the tab control will then fill wit...

Error when no records meet criteria
Hi, I have the following code and receive error 1004 Application defined or object defined error on this line Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=AND(RIGHT(D2)<>""r"",B2=4)" Selection.FormatConditions(3).Interior.ColorIndex = 7 because there are no records in this instance of the report for "4" in ColB. I've searched and applied code all to no avail. Can someone please tell me how to write code for when this may occur in any of the situations below? Range("b2:b800").Select ...

Auto Filling Fields in Current Record from Previous Record
Hello, I have looked through posts related to Auto-Filling a field from a previous record but am still a little unsure of how to do things. What I would like to do is auto fill a field in the current record with one from a different field in a previous record. What I have is a form that records "engine hours" and "tonnes moved" for a piece of equipment. The operator will record the staring hours and tonnes (at the start of a day) and the hours and tonnes at the end of the day. So in the database, I would like the "Starting Hours" and "Starting Tonnes"...

Not saving records till "save" command button clicked
If you are in a form and adding information, then close out or go to a new for it just saves the record as long as all applicable fields are filled out. Is there a way to only have a record save if a command button is clicked? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you simply hide the form instead of closing it, I think that will prevent the save. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "szag via AccessMonster.com" <u2885@uwe> wrote in message news:a75249f4b37bb@uwe... > If you are in a form and adding informat...

what tab for calculating percent and decimal?
I want to find the percent for each column. Which tab do I click to get the drop down choice for percent. I found it once and forgot to remember it. I also remember seeing the dropdown had decimal as well. I am just starting to explore using this for my grading system at school. Today is my first day exploring this site. try format>cells or right click>format>>>> -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Heidi" <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BBF5660-5CD7-4756-9972-D980105...

Unable to open PDF file attachments
Summary: - OS: WINDOWS VISTA - EMAIL SERVICE: WINDOWS MAIL - ADOBE READER 9.3.2 - PROBLEM: UNABLE TO OPEN ANY PDF FILE ATTACHMENTS - ATTEMPTS: UNINSTALLED/REINSTALLED ADOBE READER MULTIPLE TIMES : CHECKED FORUMS : pdf. EXTENSION FILES DEFAULT PROGRAM ADOBE READER NEED HELP URGENTLY EMILY Take a look at this.... http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/236/1/Unable-to-open-PDF-file-attachments-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "...

HELP! Viewing/opening messages crashes Outlook 2007
I have Outlook 2007 running on a new Dell Dimension 9200 PC with Windows Vista Ultimate. It was all working fine for past two weeks when I closed down my PC last night, and I had not installed any new software or updates since. I now find I can forward or reply to messages OK, but if I try to just read them them in the reading pane, Outlook immediately says it has stopped working and restarts. It then opens without the reading pane enabled, but if I double-click a message to read it (without the reading pane enabled), it again crashes and restarts. I have spent all morning on the phone...

Excel 2007 Macro: Open a file from any folder
Hello. How do you code a macro so that you can pop up a file dialog screen to open a worksheet from any folder of your choice? Thanks in advance. Same as always: Dim myName As String myName = Application.GetOpenFilename If myName = False Then MsgBox "You pressed cancel" Exit Sub End If Workbooks.Open myName HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:eS8FI0UeIHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello. How do you code a macro so that you can pop up a file dialog screen to open a worksheet > from any folder of y...

More than 100 records in Look Up Records dialog window
Does anybody know, how to get more than 100 records in Look Up Records dialog window? For example in Opportunities - I want to add an existing contact to the opportunity, but I can see only 100 records. I dont want to specify any character, I need to choose from all contacts. (It is not the same problem as paging, PagingLimit in SQL can not help) -- thanks Ivana ...

Slowness opening Outlook attachment
it would take about 2-3 min to open outlook attachment don't matter what the size is. >-----Original Message----- >it would take about 2-3 min to open outlook attachment >don't matter what the size is. >. >has anybody have fix for that? ...

Opening money 99 file on Money 2005
Hello Tried to open a money 99 file on money 2005. It says it's about to convert the old file to the new format, and make a backup before that. The progress window comes up and there's some progress until in the end i get the message "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version". I created this file firstly on Money 98 and upgraded it later to 99 format. Any tips on how i can get my old file (been working on this file for 7 years, would hate to have it lost or not available with new version of Money) thanks In microsoft.public.mone...

copy record between tables
Hi, I have two tables with same structure. I need to copy a record from oneto other using vba codes. I'd like avoid to copy field to field.Thank you. Without knowing anything about your table structures, something similar to the following:Dim strSQL As StringstrSQL = "INSERT INTO tblCopy SELECT tblOriginal.* " _ & "FROM tblOriginal WHERE tblOriginal.KeyValue = 4"CurrentProject.Connection.Execute strSQL"Alberto" <saveas[at]iol.it> wrote in message news:uk2oUMBYHHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...> Hi,> I have two tables with same structure....

why i cannot open the windows live messenger?
i always cannot open the windows live messenger. once i open it, it always says that a problem casued the program stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify u a solution when it is available. I have reloaded the program for many times, it always say so. I have attached the picture of the when messenger is closed. some maters can help me? thanks so much! -- wumingbang -- Chawalit I. IT Consultant Phuket Butler Co., LTD “We Serve You Everything” Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/chawalit Phuket Property: http://www.phuketbutler.com ...

opening an offline .PST file in a new laptop
While trying to open a old .PST file in a new laptop, outlook asks for MS exchange server and Mailbox name. Not sure what to type in ?? Raj M <Raj M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > While trying to open a old .PST file in a new laptop, outlook asks > for MS exchange server and Mailbox name. Not sure what to type in ?? State EXACTLY what you're doing, including the version of Outlook. Unless you have defined an Exchange account in your mail profile you shouldn't be getting that prompt. Open the Mail applet in Control Panel, remove the Exchange account, and add th...

open a publisher file wihtout publisher ?
I dont have publisher on my PC but someone sent me a file. Is there any other way to open it ? Hi chris (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I dont have publisher on my PC but someone sent me a file. || Is there any other way to open it ? No. You need Publisher. Have them convert the file to PDF using Acrobat or PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com) and send it to you. You can then use Adobe Reader to view the file. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranti...

Can't open this item. The end date you entered occurs before the start date.
Hi, Everytime I open Outlook 2000 I get a calender pop-up. When I Dismiss it I get a message such as the above and the next time I open Outlook it appears again. I can't see it in the Calender unless I change the view to "By category". I can't delete it or change the date in this view. I just keep getting the above message (see subject line). I tried /cleanreminders and the MS article about Daylight savings but neither work. How do I get rid of this message? I do have a Pocket PC and probably the error occured during a Sync (i have different time zones). ...

Record data on two lines
Sorry about repeating the post but I think I messed up the first one yeaterday! I am receiving a spreadsheet from an agency with record information on two lines. Example: Record 1: A1, B1, C1, D1, A2, B2, C2 Line 3 blank Record 2: A4, B4, C4, D4, A5, B5, C5 There are over 100 records like this. They claim they can't fix it... It originates from a Crystal Report. How can I change the data so each record is on one line: Record 1: A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, F1, G1 Record 2: A2, B2, .......................G2 Thanks for any help! Dan A simple way is to 1) select all of the data fields. 2) Cli...

How to launch the "Open with..." dialog
Hello, In the menu launched with a right button click in a file, there is an option with the text "Open with..." that launches a dialog where the user can select the application that will run with the file. It is possible to launch this dialog from source code? How? There is a class like CFileDialog but with the implementation of this dialog? Thanks you in advance. Jorge. "Jorge" <Jorge@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%235yMjzkHFHA.2456@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > In the menu launched with a right button click in a file, there is an opti...

Show related records for custom entity
I have a custom entity. When I go to History I can not see the related records from contacts, opportunities, etc. They are not rolling up and there is no pick list to show related records or not. Is there a way to change this? Thanks, -Rick M On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:33:49 -0800, Rick M <RickM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a custom entity. When I go to History I can not see the related >records from contacts, opportunities, etc. They are not rolling up and there >is no pick list to show related records or not. Is there a way to change >this? > As...

Outlook 2000 slow to open
Ok, here is the scenario: Outlook 2000 running on XP Pro. All office and OS updates (except SP2) has been applied. Outlook takes a couple of minutes to fully load, it will just hang in limbo for a while, no CPU/Memory/Hard disk activity will be taking place (other than the usual). There is no Exhange server and the PST file is local and only about 50 Megs. I have exported/Imported the PST, reinstalled Office and re-applied all patches. The only thing I can see is that if I disable the NIC Outlook will open up instantly, when I enable it and then open Outlook again it returns to the g...

opening files created on previous versions
I am trying to open a file created in pub95 version5.0 with pub98. Response- cannot open files created on previous versions. Is there a way around this? Thanks Hi Lloyd (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I am trying to open a file created in pub95 version5.0 with pub98. || Response- cannot open files created on previous versions. Is there a || way around this? Thanks How do you know what the previous version was? FWIW, Publisher 95 (Actually called Publisher for Windows 95) is version 3.0. Version 5.0 is version 98. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publis...

Creating a warning prior to deleting a record
I'm creating a membership database for an organisation. A problem I've encountered is the young lady that will be using the completed database is occasionally using control/z to undo an input error too frequently and deletes the record that she is inputting. As the membership number is an auto-number field this loses that particular membership number which I need to stop from happening. Is there anyway I can generate a warning prior to that final deletion to stop this from occurring? TIA BigAl Autonumber is not recommended for the use you describe, for exactly the reason you...

4.0 Workflow
I am trying to setup a workflow to send an email when an Account record gets deleted. I want to include the name of the Company in the email and who deleted it. The workflow fires, but always has a Status of Waiting because it says "The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it". The reason this happens, I am assuming, is that the record has already been deleted so data from the record cannot be included in the email. Is there a way I can accomplish what I want? Workflow plugins are asynchronous so by the time you get to the databas...