Non-verbose TABLE syntax

I just stumbled upon this (should appeal to the SELECT * fanatics<g>):TABLE Table1, Table2;Apparently valid Jet 4.0 SQL syntax that returns all columns for thecross join of the tables. What do you reckon: OK for production code<g>?Jamie.--
0
Jamie
3/15/2007 4:22:26 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Setting non-contiguous print areas
Seems that I can't set non-contiguous print areas - I thought that I could in the past! How do you set non- contiguous print areas under Excel 2002? Hi sandy Try this from Dave Peterson You could do this Insert a new worksheet (you're gonna use this for printing). Do this for each area in your range. select the range Edit|copy go to the new worksheet and Shift-click-Edit|Paste Picture Link. go back and do the rest of the areas (copy|shift-click-Edit|paste picture Link). What's neat about the picture is that if you change the original, the picture will change, too (values an...

Exporting Tables to a Fixed Length text file
Using Access 2000 (no services packs) trying to export a table to fixed length txt file. The Access Table is sorted in the sequence that i NEED the text file sorted in, but after i perform the TransferText acExportFixed funtion, the resulting text file is in a different sequnece then my source table. Can anybody tell me if they've run into an issue like this and if there is a resolution to this problem in any of the service packs before i actually tell my customer to upgrade to the latest service pack or upgrade to a newer version of Access? Thxs in Advance! Hi Wayne, Access tab...

Delete/import a table from csv; wait for no users?
Hi guys, Could you please tell me if I should wait on a back end that no users are connected before re-importing a table? Basically I have csv files that I import into tables that are my libraries, or my hierarchy if you want. They have 1000 records max, but I was wondering if I can do that while users are on the db? They will mainly run queries and reports, so no record locks supposedly. For now I only trigger the import on the load event of the main form, if the ldb file is not present in the back end folder, but it means that only the first user who opens the db will be ...

Table #3
I know excel has the feature I simply don't remember what it is called. Lets day I have three fields A, B, C. A and B have a value of some number between 1-10. C has a formula that simply multiplies A & B. I would like to create a multiplication table. There is some feature in excel that allows me to create a table where if I put the result (C) in the top left corner of the table and then have different values for x and y then it will automatically fill out the table based on plugging in the formula. In this example I have simplified the problem where it would also be possible to s...

How to add to several tables...
I am new to access, so I'm sure that this question will seem stupid and quite easy to any of you who read this, but i am trying to create my own personal movie database based on the DVD's in my collection. What i want to do is add actors and actresses by the movie title. I want to add several for each movie. I also want to be able to reference what movies different actors and actresses have been in together. How can i set it up so that I can just select the movie I want to add actors to, and how do i set up the query to return all results in which an actor had appeared in a movi...

X axis values, non-English versions of Excel
I've had a problem for quite sometime setting the x-axis range for day of week, for non-English enabled(european) Windows. Here are the steps to reproduce this. Windows XP, Office XP/2000 You can do this on a fully English version of Windows and office. 1) Go to control panel 2) Select Regional and Language Options. 3) Choose French (Belgium) (others suffice, but I tested with this setting) 4) Click ok. 5) Start Excel. 6) Enter 7 values down a column (100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 250, 230) 7) Select the range. 8) Click Chart Wizard 9) Click Finish 10) Click inside plot area (gray area) 11) ...

Non Active X Scroll Bar
Hi, How do I edit a non-active X scroll bar. Thanks, Nish Nish, Right-click it, Format control. Regards from Virginia Beach, EarlK ------------------------------------------------------------- "Nish" <nishit.goradia@prudential.com> wrote in message news:0abf01c35d29$2f834440$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How do I edit a non-active X scroll bar. > Thanks, > Nish ...

how do i show non-numeric values graphically in a chart?
Hi - I am trying to display the following in a chart with the Euros vertically but have NO idea how to. Any help would be VERY grtefully received as I am at my wits end but getting nowhere. Many thanks. Gerry Euro 20-25 24-28 22-32 25-40 40-100 Job Scores 120-140 141-279 280-339 340-439 440-660 You need to provide Excel with some numbers to chart. Arrange the data this way: Job Scores 120-140 141-279 280-339 340-439 440-660 Euro Min 20 24 22 25 40 Euro Max 25 28 32 40 100 Plot Euro Min and Euro Max as line series against Job Scor...

pivot tables #6
hi! does anybody know how to set certain Pivot field settings as default? The problem: when i add a colum to my pivot table it shows me the count of each value instead of the sum. so i change it manually from count to sum. when i now remove that specific colum and add it later on again, it lost the setting and shows me again the count and not the sum. please help. florian It will do this automatically any time you have blanks or text within your data. Either fix the source data, or assign a routine to a shortcut that changes it for you, eg:- Sub MakeAllSum() Dim pf As PivotField ...

Importing HTML Table
Hello, I'm currently writing a small web page that generates a simple table to export some data into excel readable form. I use the standard html table tags, but it seems some attributes are not taken into account. For example "border" works, but not "cellpadding". I wanted to know if there's some place describing precisely what excel ignores when it imports some html table. thanks in advance J. ...

Pivot Table with Pages
Hi TWIMC, How do I make my pivot table pages only show items that relate to the above selection, e.g. if I have three pages REGION, COUNTRY, ZONE, then if I select Europe I want my COUNTRY list to only show countries in EUROPE. TIA KM The page fields aren't dependent, and there's no way to change the setting. Kevin McCartney wrote: > Hi TWIMC, > How do I make my pivot table pages only show items that relate to the above selection, e.g. if I have three pages REGION, COUNTRY, ZONE, then if I select Europe I want my COUNTRY list to only show countries in EUROPE. > > T...

add new tables to ms crm database
Is it possible to add user tables into <organization_name>_MSCRM database. I want to store some information to these tables. My concern is will it affect/create problem to my MS CRM system? -- romeo!! It is not supported to do that . The user tables appear in database when we create custom entities with the extension of New (or what is configured by the user). You need to choose some other way. ------ Aamir Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ What can happen if I add a table named 'duplicates'? Will the CRM application stop working or else? -- romeo!! &quo...

Excel 2002 Pivot Tables
Why do rowfields hold old data in the drop down menu? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany David wrote: > Why do rowfields hold old data in the drop down menu? ...

Imported Excel table
I pasted an excel table into Publisher and I want the background to show through the xl table - can I do this? I'm using 2000 Thanks Anita Select the entire table, click no fill in the fill menu. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Anita" <Anita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09A61AE1-1DA8-4BE7-8100-C5E7E87AE61D@microsoft.com... >I pasted an excel table into Publisher and I want the background to show > through the xl table - can I do this? > > I'm using 2000 >...

Changing data from source tables using queries?
Hello - I have been having a frustrating time with what I think must have a simple solution: If I have an Access database with 2 tables, run a simple query and then output all the information from both tables why is it that sometimes I can manually type in new data whilst viewing the query output and other times Access just beeps at me and does not allow new data to be manually entered into the resulting query fields? Is this because primary keys are not defined or because relationships haven't been assigned? wdp On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 20:35:02 -0000, park.walter@mayo.edu wrote: >He...

unable to add row to Excel 2007 TABLE
Hello. I have recently started exploring the Excel 2007 "table" feature and have discovered that you cannot add a new row to a locked worksheet. OBJECTIVE - using Excel 2007, enable user to add rows to table by pressing the tab key - using Excel 2007 security: prevent a user from modifying a formula contained within a table cell STEPS TO REPRODUCE a. create a new Excel 2007 work sheet b. enter the following data such that colum B *basically* mirrors column A A1: TitleA A2: hello A3: world B1: =A2 B2: =A3 c. highlight cells A1 to B3 d. Insert -> Table -> OK e. now... if you g...

Adding additional field to RMS table
For reasons which are too annoying to go into here, I would like to add a field (nvarchar 50) to the Item table in RMS Headquarters and RMS Store Operations. I have avoided adding additional fields thus far, but the SubDescription field is too short for my purposes. Other than the fact that I will lose that field if I migrate to a later version of RMS, is there any problem with this? For that matter, what if I need to add additional indexes, tables, etc to the RMS database? Bill Yater The Worth Collection byater@worthltd.com Well, adding tables is always safe. Adding indexes is usual...

Find record in a table using combo box.
Hi , Please help. I am trying to create a form containing a Combo Box. This combo box has a list of Names. When user try to click one name and click the OK buttion, it should be able to generate the report. I can't successfuly link the value of the combo box with the query that I have created. When I ran the form with the combo box that has already the list of names, it can't display or generate the report. Please kindly help/assist if any one knows about the approach. thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/2007...

Syntax??
Thanks to this and other forums, I've learned a little about th Indirect function (INDIRECTO here in Spain, just as SUM is SUMA). But can't find a way to insert one in an Excel sheet with VBA, because o the quotes("), I suppose. Example: I can insert manually =SUMA(INDIRECTO("C"&D1&":C"&D2)) in spreadsheet. D1 and D2 hold the beginning and ending rows of the rang - determined with the program - to be summed. I've tried... ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 ="=SUMA(INDIRECTO("C"&D1&":C"&D2))" ...which doesn'...

Pivot table refreshment
Dear all, I'm new here, using pivot table only since a couple of weeks. I've tried to find out the answer in the old posting, but without sucess. I've created a pivot table based on a worksheet of data. Some data (rows) will be added time to time in this worksheet. The user who will enter the data has no excel knowledge, therefore I want to create a macro which will update the pivot table with the new data. The refresh on open option doesn't take into account the new entries. Also I've heard that it's possible to create button to run the macro. How to do it? Thanks...

Tables used in existing Smartlist
Is there a way to view the tables used with an existing Smartlist? One that came with the program, not one we created with Smartlist Builder. -- Aimee Crowe Christian Homes, Inc. Budgets & Reporting Accountant Hi Aimee You can go on partnershource and download "Most" of the out default smarlists from the report library: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/gp_smartlist_templates.htm Fliehigh "Aimee" wrote: > Is there a way to view the tables used with an existing Smartlist? One that > came with the program, not one...

Printer keeps asking for non-existent picture
Trying to print page from Publisher Deluxe Version 2002 document. Get message that can't find picture, and there is no picture on the page. I tell it to print without picture but it does not print. Is your printer driver current? Is MS Publisher Image Setter installed? Try using it to see if you get the same behavior. It is always best to completely remove a printer driver before installing/reinstalling. How to clean up printer drivers http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "gertrudes" <gertrudes@discussions.mic...

Extract data (not in table) from Word to Excel
I'm trying to find a way to tag free text in Word and then auto extract all the tagged text into an Excel spreadsheet. Does anyone have any suggestions? Tag the text by bolding it. Go to Edit, Replace and replace bold text with Find What Text/// (the field shows ^&///). Remove text that is not bold by replacing bold text with nothing. Replace /// with paragraph marks. Change Bold to Not Bold. Copy what you have left to Excel. If there is already bold text in the document you can choose another font that is not in the document, or you can use Marching Black Ants. "hellokit...

How do I sort data in a sharepoint table?
I have a list in sharepoint that I want to sort by date. The info I insert is not inserted by date. Its randomly inserted and I want to later sort it by date. Is it possible to sort and save the data that way. I can click on the date colum and hit assending but it always returns to the version not sorted by date. Please help this is driving me mad! Thanks -- Jean Have you tried creating a view? In the specification for the view, you can set the sort field(s). --rms www.rmschneider.com Jean wrote: > I have a list in sharepoint that I want to sort by ...

Replace Data In A Table
I'm using sql 2000 and Access 2003. I have a table contains all the payroll data and a table that contains current payroll data. Each paydate I need to replace the data in the current payroll table with the current payroll data. In Access I could run a Make Table query that would do this. How can I do this with sql and Access? Thanks for the help, Paul Continue to use Access if your SQL programming skills are at issue. Use an Append query to add the data to the end of the existing table. "pjscott" wrote: > I'm using sql 2000 and Access 2003. > > I have...