Newbie wants to create a chart in an Access Report

I have been using Access 2003 for a year or so, and now I would like to
create a chart, but am clueless how to do this using the Wizard

I have conducted a survey - the results of which are presented in a
spreadsheet (EXCEL)

I imported it into an Access data base table, but now would like to have a
bar chart that shows how many men and women (2 bars) took the survey (This
is a field in the table)

I would have thought this was easy, but I can't seem to even get close

Can you help ??

Many Thanks

JM

0
Jimbo
5/21/2010 6:35:25 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

There is a complete demo of a survey at
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/at-your-survey_topic3.html. This
includes a report with charts.

The wizard makes only a guess at what you want in your chart. It is often
best to make sure you have a saved query that returns exactly the numbers you
want in your chart. Then initiate the wizard. I have found I often need to
change the Row Source of the chart back to what I want after the wizard
mangles it.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Jimbo" wrote:

> I have been using Access 2003 for a year or so, and now I would like to
> create a chart, but am clueless how to do this using the Wizard
>
> I have conducted a survey - the results of which are presented in a
> spreadsheet (EXCEL)
>
> I imported it into an Access data base table, but now would like to have a
> bar chart that shows how many men and women (2 bars) took the survey (This
> is a field in the table)
>
> I would have thought this was easy, but I can't seem to even get close
>
> Can you help ??
>
> Many Thanks
>
> JM
>

> .

Access 97 can't resize database window

How to link with an Access DB
Hi, I have an Acces DB with many tables. I need to choose the name of a customer in a cell of Excel. For example, in acces I have this tables: Table1 Id Name Last Name City I need to choose the last name from a drop down menu in a spreadsheet and then in other cell I need to put all the data regarding the last name that I choose. I hope to be exaustive, and sorry for my english. :-) Many Thanks Stefano ...

How do I create a sample in Excel?

[Access 2007] How to edit custom menubar created in Access2003?
Hello, This is my first post to this server, Hello everyone. We're working on a database created by my collegue in MS Access 2003. Since some time we've moved to MS Access 2007. Now we find problems editing the menubar. Each time we want to remove/add/alter a menu item my collegue goes to his MS Access 2003 and changes a menu. In 2007 the full menubar is visible under Add-Ins ribbon menu. Normally there should be a system table USysRibbon, but it is not there. There are only MSys* objects. How can we change the menubar directly in MS Access 2007? Is that possible at al...

Reporting IRA distributions
I have an IRA account with corresponding cash account. I am trying to get the distribution from the IRA to show up as "Retirement Income" in the Tax-Related Transactions report. How to do it? The distributions are handled as a transfer from the IRA Investment cash acct to a checking account. Thanks for any help. Money 99, BTW. Do I need to upgrade to a later version? ...

i want to compress photos in attachment
i want to compress photos in attachment pl. give me some sol. regards www.irfranview.com "compress photos in attachment" <compress photos in attachment@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:738E96D6-F0E2-4FFF-8570-6A8F00E492D1@microsoft.com... :i want to compress photos in attachment : : pl. give me some sol. : : regards On Apr 22, 7:50=A0am, compress photos in attachment <compress photos in attachm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i want to compress photos in attachment > > pl. give me some sol. > > regards...

Queries and Charts

users with restricted access

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Using later version of microsoft access