Network days

Is it possible to use the network days feature which Excel has in MS Access.
If not, how do I count the number of days between two dates, excluding
weekends/public holidays etc? Thanks.

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Take a look in the Date/Time section of "The Access Web". There are a couple
of solutions there. http://www.mvps.org/access/

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"C Tate" <colin@nobodyhere.mrcrtate.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Is it possible to use the network days feature which Excel has in MS
> Access. If not, how do I count the number of days between two dates,
> excluding weekends/public holidays etc? Thanks.

0
Douglas

Restrict a day
On a form, I have a text box in which I want to enter a date. I want to restrict it so the date entered is a Sunday. How can I do this? I think you mean Day or you mean date? if you mean day you can try this... Click on the text box property, then on the (Validation Rule) type Sunday, then you can add any message for the users in the (Validation Text) Type "Only Sunday is acceptable" or any other message to be displayed if different value been entered. Also in the (Default Value) room on the property you can add Sunday so you don't need to type it every time. Hope it will he...

Reference to a DLL on the network
Hi, I would like to know if is possible to reference a DLL placing on a network but without to copy the DLL into the bin folder? Thank you very much! Cheers, BlackSun On 3/25/2010 9:48 AM, BlackSun wrote: > Hi, > I would like to know if is possible to reference a DLL placing on a > network but without to copy the DLL into the bin folder? > > Thank you very much! > > Cheers, > BlackSun I believe the only way you could do this is via Assembly.Load() and similarly named approaches, and using reflection to instantiate classes. I've got to ask,...

Problem using Windows 7 and Vista on Home Network
I have a home network using a WBR-2310 D Link Router router. My desktop is fairly new and runs Vista and my laptop runs XP. I just bought a new Leovo laptop with Widows 7 and although the Lenovo sees and logs into my home network OK I cannot download any software onto the Lenovo. For example, I am trying to have McAffee upload new virus recognition files. It starts - goes for awhile - then starts downloading all over again. I have tried to download other files with the same result. While looking at video files the video starts and then stops after abot 30 seconds. I have no i...

30 day trials for DRS add-ins
Attn: RMS Users and Resellers We've just introduced 30-day trial downloads for most of our RMS add-ins. Download from: http://www.digitalretailer.com/rmsaddins Applications install in less than a minute and will run for 30 days. To permanently authorize an add-in, a registration key is issued with purchase. Contact your RMS reseller for more information. AUTOGEN* -- autogenerate item lookup codes; automate barcode type, sales tax by location (HQ), Supplier Reorder Number to Alias, and more POWER OPS* -- generate new items in seconds; create thousands of matrix entries in minutes; automa...

Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service/memory hog
As of recent my computer has been real sluggish, so I opened up task manager and found that Windows Media Player network sharing was the source of my problem. It is using over 50% of my 3 gigs of memory. I just recently installed Windows 7 and don't recall this being a problem in the past. I have media player setup to share all of my media over my network, but none of my other devices are on. Is it unknowingly sharing media on a P2P basis? If so how can I correct this feature? Media player is literally crippling my computer with all of it's memory usage. ...

Shared Windows Calendar across home network
Hi all, Vista Ultimate SP2 32 Bit I would like to know if it is possible to subscribe to a shared Windows = Calendar on one machine by all my machines across my home network by = subscribing to the one Calendar .ICS. I have shared the Windows calendar on the one machine and published the = calendar to a folder on my Data drive that is accessible to all machines = via the home network. The other drives on the same machine can access = the calendar by subscribing to it. But, when I tried to subscribe to = that ics file from one of the other machines via the home network it = does n...

Messages on Server for 90 days only
My newsgroup reader (Mozilla Thunderbird) gives me a message on all Microsoft Newsgroups for any message that is more 90 days old that the message has "expired". Is it a Microsoft policy to remove messages from the public server after that point? If so, why remove them so quickly; the shelf life of the messages should be at least several years. I can search for older newsgroup items on Google Groups, but the listing on that website is not as good, in my view, as the newsgroup itself. David I've never tried the website access, only Google Groups, but...

Money 2007
Okay, it's dumb of me to be bothered by this, but I'd really like to find the answer to this. I remember that, at some point while I was setting up Money 2007 I had a choice as to which day I wanted to be the first day of the week on the application's calendar. I selected Monday, thinking it would display the week the way Outlook 2003 does. Well, it doesn't. I'd like to set Sunday to the first day of the week, but I'm danged if I can find out how to change the setting again. Does anyone know? Thanks On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 18:55:02 -0800, jimmuh <jimmuh@discussi...

Outlook Meeting alerts - all day appointments
Our office sends all day appointments (so that they appear at the top of the calendar day) for work from home, vacation, and sick notices to our respective teams so that at-a-glance we can see who is out for the day. We ask that everyone select Alert = None. Recently we have experienced this issue: Alerts are being sent to the invitees. When the sender is told of this and they open their appointment, None is showing. (This never happened in the past. We're not sure what might have changed except that we all went to 2007 last August.) Is this a bug or is there some configur...

Wrong insertion of national holy days in outlook 2000
Can anyone tell me why insertion of national holy days (Easter, christmas, nationalday etc..) inserts itself in 2003(!) when we now try to update our calenders? It is now "double" for 2003 and nothing to see for 2004.. We use norwegian outlook 2000 (and exchange 2000) Lars Hansson Inst. of transport economics, Oslo ...

Outlook 2003 "Enter Network Password" dialog box (tried everything)
I used to have multiple accounts on the same email server, and I thought that was the problem with the passwords not being saved due to Outlook not serializing the connections. But then I removed the other accounts from send/receive and it still happens!!! Is there any sure fire way to get Ooutlook 2003 to stop doing this and remember my f**king passwords??? This is so annoying...ughhhhh!!! I have deleted registry keys, hacked settings, yet nothing has worked. Let me know if any of you guys find out how to get this problem fixed with the "Enter Network Password" dialog box... N...

Can't open files on a network share by double-clicking
I can't open Excel files located on a network share by double-clicking on them. I can, however open them by browsing to them (File, Open, browse). I think it is a .dll problem but not sure. Help! Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel 1. Close Excel first and 2. On the Windows Taskbar 2.1 Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2.2 Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. -- Regards Fran...

Counting days elapsed
Hi, I have a form that is showing the results from a query, the form shows 'reported date' and 'review date' fields, i would like to show how many days have elasped between the two dates, do i 1) Just place a text box on the form and write some expression to display this ? if so how 2) Do i redesign the original query - how 3) Do i add an additional field to the original table - then what !!!! ? Help please. Tony On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:12:01 -0700, blake7 wrote: > Hi, I have a form that is showing the results from a query, the form shows > 'reported date'...

Unusual Network setup with Exchange
Let me explain how my network is setup currently... One DSL Line (5 public IP's) Router #1 is taking up one public IP and we have about 20 computers DHCP'ed off that router. Exchange has 2 IP's - one private from router #1. One public from our DSL line. Router #2 is taking up another public IP and we have about 20 more users DHCP'ed off that router. Users on router #1 can setup their exchange account through outlook and send/recieve email with no problems. Users on router #2 cannot set up their exchange account through outlook and are just stuck in the mud pretty ...

Date to a day (Monday, Tue, etc?)
I would like to convert numeric dates to letter days of the week. For example, 9/13/2005 would convert to "Tuesday" or "Tue". 10/20/2005 would convert to "Thursday" or "Thu". 11/20/2005 would convert to Sunday" or "Sun". Is there a way to do this for all dates in the current year and future years? Format>cells>number>custom and ddd or dddd, if you want them in another cell just link to the source and use the same custom format -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Taylor" <Taylor@discussion...

Money 2004
I used Quicken, until 2004 when I switched to MS Money. I have imported all accounts and never had a problem until a couple of days ago: Looks like all the transactions after 11/2003 seem to have dissapeared. I restored from backup and everything seemed to work fine, until the next day. The next day I would open Money and the transactions are gone again (except for the scheduled recurring transactions). So after I realized it I have experimented changing the computer date forward and here's what I discovered: when the day changes, all the non-scheduled transactions dissapear. I restore...

Some code to set your due tasks 20 days from now
Sub taskadd_days() Set myOlApp = Outlook.Application Set myNameSpace = myOlApp.GetNamespace("MAPI") Set myFolder = myNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderTasks) Set myItems = myFolder.Items For Each x In myFolder.Items If x.Complete <> True And x.DueDate < Date Then x.DueDate = Date + 20 x.ReminderTime = Date + 15 + TimeValue("09:00:00") x.ReminderSet = True x.Save End If Next End Sub ...

Email search
I am trying to use instant search in Outlook 2007 to find emails received on a particular day of the week. The help file seems to think I should be able to do this by using "received:Monday". But when I search this way, all I get are emails received on the most recent Monday, not emails received on ANY Monday. Anyone know a way I can do this search? ...

Error
Any help appreciated I suspect this has something to do with either permissions and/or excel setting but ... HTML (or CSV) file is saved to network share Attempt to open this file using Excel ( 2000 or XP ) and get information (i) error message "The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding." If file is saved to local drive, there is no problem opening this file from within Excel How can we open this file direct from Excel? ...

re: deleting file after x days
How can i have a file delete itself after 30 odd days. I have a file i'm going to trial out to certain individuals. how can i set the file to delete itself after 30 days from when it was loaded on to their system. is this possible? your help is appreciated. thanks. edul Delete the file is I think not a good idea? Maybe the user have some information in it??? There is always a way to use your workbook if anybody wants it. VBA is not save. But most people you can foolish with something like this Put this in the workbook open event of the workbook. After the date the file will be clos...

how to trigger out IP configuration pages (control panel->network and dial-up connections->Dc211401)
hello , i face an problem, i want to display a CE ip configuration page for users to input static ip does anyone know how to trigger that page. i have heard the application in control panel can be called out, secondly, when that page can't be trigger, how do i call a function to set the statics ip and relatives and i found registry "localmachine->Comm->dc211401->Parms->tcpip" hold the ip settings but i thought overwrite its value is not correct approach. thanks in advances regards, sze yee tang I don't understand the scenario. There's alrea...

Entourage 2008

Calculate difference in time spanning a day, during office hours o
i'm trying to get the difference in times spanning a day during office hours ie.from 6/9/2007 10:35am till 7/9/2007 9:45am, excluding time between 6/9/2007 5:00pm and 7/9/2007 7:30 am.Here is where i'm stuck... if the start time is after 5:00pm 6/9/2007 only calculate from 7/9/2007 7:30am till 9:45am this is what i have so far, replace "date/time" with cell number "Logical if" if ("date out"-"date in")>=1, "value if true" (time(17,0,0)-"time in")+("time out"-time(7,30,0), "value if false&qu...

How to show time for day's stock market high/low
I've set up a database of stock market intraday data going back two years, showing Open/High/Low/Close data for every one minute bar of the day. I'm trying to find 1) the high and low of each day, and 2) the times they occurred. Using: Date By Day: Format$([Stock Data].[Date],'yyyy.mm.dd') I can find the Max of High and Min of Low to give me the day's high and low, but how do I find the minute these occurred (there may be more than one, so if only one could be displayed, the first occurence would be best ). Many thanks Seano, This is probably a du...

Day of the Week
I have a LONG column full of dates, about 15 years worth of dates, in fact, formatted like so: 11/10/1987 I cannot find a function for it, but is there ANY WAY POSSIBLE to return the actual Day of the Week for that Date??...Is that a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.?...Is there a function that does this?...Life would be great if there is... Thanx... Never mind...Figures, as soon as I ask the question, I found the answer under: Format Cells Number Category Custom dddd Sorry...But I am happy now!!!... >-----Original Message----- >I have a LONG column full of dates, about 15...