Need to populate a Report with several records

In short, I have one report containing 5 records from the same table.  The
individual records are layed out to support proper printing.  I need to
populate each record with from the same table.  I can not give them all the
same pointer to the table or I get 5 copies of the same record.  How can I
populate those 5 records with 5 records from my table?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

I think you need to have a group by in your report.  Thus you will get 1
group of data for each of the 5 that you are refering to as 5 records.

"Bill" wrote:

> In short, I have one report containing 5 records from the same table.  The
> individual records are layed out to support proper printing.  I need to
> populate each record with from the same table.  I can not give them all the
> same pointer to the table or I get 5 copies of the same record.  How can I
> populate those 5 records with 5 records from my table?
Use a query to pull the records.  Use the query as record source of the report.
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"Bill" wrote:

> In short, I have one report containing 5 records from the same table.  The
> individual records are layed out to support proper printing.  I need to
> populate each record with from the same table.  I can not give them all the
> same pointer to the table or I get 5 copies of the same record.  How can I
> populate those 5 records with 5 records from my table?
I am using a query but all 5 of the records are identical thus each record
pulled from the query populates all 5 records on the report identically
instead of sequentially.  I may have to generate 5 different queries so as to
have a different source for each report record.  I was hoping there would be
a bettery way.

bill

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> Use a query to pull the records.  Use the query as record source of the report.
> --
> KARL DEWEY
> Build a little - Test a little
>

> "Bill" wrote:
>
> > In short, I have one report containing 5 records from the same table.  The
> > individual records are layed out to support proper printing.  I need to
> > populate each record with from the same table.  I can not give them all the
> > same pointer to the table or I get 5 copies of the same record.  How can I
> > populate those 5 records with 5 records from my table?
What is the Primary key?  Can you sort by it?  What about sorting by a data
entry date and time?

"Bill" wrote:

> I am using a query but all 5 of the records are identical thus each record
> pulled from the query populates all 5 records on the report identically
> instead of sequentially.  I may have to generate 5 different queries so as to
> have a different source for each report record.  I was hoping there would be
> a bettery way.
>
> bill
>

> "KARL DEWEY" wrote:
>
> > Use a query to pull the records.  Use the query as record source of the report.
> > --
> > KARL DEWEY
> > Build a little - Test a little
> >

> > "Bill" wrote:
> >
> > > In short, I have one report containing 5 records from the same table.  The
> > > individual records are layed out to support proper printing.  I need to
> > > populate each record with from the same table.  I can not give them all the
> > > same pointer to the table or I get 5 copies of the same record.  How can I
> > > populate those 5 records with 5 records from my table?
In short, I have a query containing lets say 10 records.  Each of the records
in the query consist of fields such as first name, last name, medicaiton,
dose, when to give, ect.  I need to print all of those records onto the
report.  The report is large enough to handle 5 records at a time in what I
call 5 slot areas.  Each record on the report has to be placed at exact spots
for printing purposes.  In the above case, I will need to print out 2 sheets
or records.

If I tell the report to use the single query containing all 10 records then
I have the problem of how to tell the report to use query record #1 for slot
1 and query record #2 for slot2 and so on.  If I  attach each lable on the
report to the same query then I would have slot1 (first name), slot2 (first
name)... slot5(fisrt name) pointing at the same data thus all 5 fields on the
report located in slots 1 - 5 would have the same data point.. not from
different records in the same query.

How do I get around  thsi?

Bill

"eeyore" wrote:

> What is the Primary key?  Can you sort by it?  What about sorting by a data
> entry date and time?
>
> "Bill" wrote:
>
> > I am using a query but all 5 of the records are identical thus each record
> > pulled from the query populates all 5 records on the report identically
> > instead of sequentially.  I may have to generate 5 different queries so as to
> > have a different source for each report record.  I was hoping there would be
> > a bettery way.
> >
> > bill
> >

> > "KARL DEWEY" wrote:
> >
> > > Use a query to pull the records.  Use the query as record source of the report.
> > > --
> > > KARL DEWEY
> > > Build a little - Test a little

repost: 30 day evaluation key needed
Hello all, A while ago we've requested the MS POS 2.0 demo-cd 9a 30 day evaluation key was included). Now one of our customers is interested in a demo but since our 30-day demo has expired we cannot run neither install a new demo. The given key can only be used once. I would gladly like to know how i can get a new 30day evaluation key. many thanks in advance! -- please can someone from Microsoft contact me! it's rather important. I'm trying to give our customer a evaluation of MS POS. If MS POS does not comply to their needs we should look at MS RSM2.0 (and that can be a...

MS Access Reporting
Blank example - http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20059&d=1198695843 I have an Access 2007 problem and I would just like to know if there is some sort of solution out there. The problem is, when I build a report that will 99% of the time be one page or less maybe even a half page. I end up with a giant space in the middle of my report. I want to fill that space with empty records but the records must only be enough to fill the page and still leave the report foot at the bottom of the last page. Those empty records in combination with the gridlines ...

Transfer Order Detail Report
Does such a thing exist? CustomerSource doesn't offer one for Store Ops. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_04BF_01C775FD.D9652A50 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_04C0_01C775FD.D9652A50" ------=_NextPart_001_04C0_01C775FD.D9652A50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable TT, Try the 2 attached. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=...

Union Report
I am trying to create a birthday list from a database that lists both the husband and wife on the same row. I cannot modify this arrangement. It looks like this: ID FirstName LastName DOB SpouseFirstName SpouseDOB 1 Tom Doe 8/9/1980 Amy 5/6/1978 How can I create a report in Access that will seperate the Husband and Wife into seperate rows and then list everyone by birth month then birth day? Any thoughts? Thanks so much. Try this -- SELECT RITLAND.FirstName, RITLAND.LastName, RITLAND.DOB FROM RITLAND UNION ALL SELECT RITLAND.SpouseFirstName AS FirstName, RITLAND.LastName...

cannot create New Record (icons greyed out)
Hi I am still pretty new to Access and had a form that worked fine until Friday when it disappeared in Form View. Over the weekend it seemed to resolve itself and reappeared - but... I cannot now add a new record. I am using Access 2007. All the icons on the Records section of the Home tab are greyed out apart from Refresh All. I had a go at creating an Add New Record button - just to see what happened. When I click this, I get the error message " You cannot go to the specified record". I have gone to Design View and looked at the various properties but nothing ...

Selective report printing please help
Hi Under Transactions menu > Financials > Series post Say i check mark 2 or 3 records and post them I want to selectively print eg - 1st page of report ok print , 2nd page not required. etc Rick Unfortunately, what you want to do is not possible. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Rick" wrote: > Hi > > Under Transactions menu > Financials > Series post > Say i check mark 2 or 3 records and post them > I want to selectively print eg - 1st page of report ok print , 2nd page not > required. > etc > > Rick ...

Report with addresses
I'm looking for a customer report that shows their address and zip code. I've looked, but don't see one, maybe I'm just not seeing it. Any suggestions? -- Kris Hi Kris, I think what you are looking for can be found in the Store Operations Manager...go to Utilities > Crystal Reports > Customer List or Customer Labels... Either of these reports can be exported in several formats like Excel, PDF, CSV etc... Hope this helps... KJ "Kris" wrote: > I'm looking for a customer report that shows their address and zip code. > I've looked, but ...

Reports Error CRM 1.2
Hi, i am facing a problem with how the reports on MS CRM 1.2... the issue is that half the chart is displayed (it is not resizing to match the full screen display) Thanks in advance Is this a custom report or a canned one? Are you having this problem when viewing the report online, or when printing the report? -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Emile Seferian" wrote: > Hi, > > i am facing a problem with how the reports on MS CRM 1.2... the issue is > that half the chart is displayed (it is not resizing to match the full > screen display) > ...

Hyperlink to child report is LOCALHOST when exported to Excel
We have a report that has a link to a child report for each row. We used the "Go to report" for the field's Action. Everything works fine through the browser. However, when we export this to Excel, the links turn into http://localhost.. which does not work for the user. How can we fix this? Thanks, Bernado ...

3d report
I cannot switch my pie chart/bar graph to a 3d veiw from the basic in the reports, the option greyed out. I have Money 2005 & really couldn't find any information piticularly with this. Thanks. If you are looking at the report view, the 3d button will be greyed out, but if you are looking at the chart, you should be able to select the 3d button. "jstrrr" wrote: > I cannot switch my pie chart/bar graph to a 3d veiw from the basic in the > reports, the option greyed out. I have Money 2005 & really couldn't find any > information piticularly with this. ...

hiding a section of sub-report with code
from code behind a main report, how can i make one of the sections of a sub report visible or not? i would have expected something like: me.srptName.form.detail.visible = "false" (no?) - except when i add code the VB auto fill does not take me to this place; i also tried: me.srptName.section(acDetail).visible = "false" (no luck here either) thanks in advance, mark Hi Mark If you never want to see the section of the report you can set the property to visible = No. If you want to hide the section if something else is there or something else is a cer...

Net worth report
I have the Money version 3.0 which has been working just fine until I upgraded my computer to a Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz 533Mhz FSB 512k CPU in late October. Now when I go to the Networth report, the investments are displayed correct; however the liabilites are not. They are displayed in billions of dollars instead of the actual figures which are in the thousands... The upgraded motherboard is Asus P4P800 Intel 865PE Socket 478. Is there some type of setting for numbers displays that may be incorrect? I know, this is a really really old version so just go buy a new one, ...

Extender views to be linked to SOP_HDR_WORK table for reports
Dear All, I have created an extender window for sales transaction entry window and saved the data in that extender and later created a view of that extender window and now i want to link this veiw to SOP_HDR_WORK table to utilized the extender fields in the sales order reports but in the link table area I could not find this view. So kindly guide me about how to link this enxtender winow to gp tables. Your immediate reply will be highly appreciated. Thanx in advance. -- Developer Please ignore the below question because just now I found the solution which is RW functi...

How do I stop an pivot report from losing conditional formatting
I have a pivot table that needs updated weekly and everytime I refresh the report it loses its formatting and I start over. This report conditional formatting needed reflects changes in color when collections drop for 3 consecutive months in a row. example Oct Nov Dec Jan 451 390 280 180 the report needs to change color first month drop yellow, second orange and third and additional months that have dropped turn red. Any assistance on how to handle conditional formatting and prevent it from losing when refreshed will be appreciated. ...

Wrong mailbox sizes reported by Microsoft Exchange 2000
In Exchange System Manager I have several users which have mailboxs that are reporting the wrong size. When I check their mailbox size through MS Outlook, the size is larger (eg 488Mb) then on the exchange server (eg 12Mb). I am using Exchange 2000 and want to know if there is anyway to fix this reporting problem. I have no limits on the mailboxs or emails. Thanks danny.ogrady@interquestgroup.com (Danny) wrote: >In Exchange System Manager I have several users which have mailboxs >that are reporting the wrong size. >When I check their mailbox size through MS Outlook, the size is la...

Cannot delete several folders
There are several folders that are not needed and I cannot delete them. When I try to delete them I get the following error message: Your folder could not be deleted, the IMAP server refused to delete it. If the folder no longer exists you should refresh your folder list for this IMAP server. When I went to the IMAP server for this account there is no refresh option, but instead a Reset List option which I clicked on and it gave me the same set of folders as before including the ones I wanted to delete. The only thing I tried and could figure to do to solve the problem was t...

Help! need to fit 4 - 3.75"x5.25" cards (all different) on one page
Hi, I am new to ms publisher 2003, and I am trying to create a document that does the following: - about 50 unique thankyou cards - fit 4 or so on one page Thanks! When you say 'unique' do you mean you are Merging data and/or pictures to the cards 4 to a page? A little more information please? -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. Hi, Each card will be typed manually, and I would like to fit for of these cards on one page/sheet of paper (to save paper). I will then cut ...

Print records in a 'calendar' style report
Hi, Just wondering if anyone can help me. I have a set of records, each with a date on it. I've also got a report that runs through a query so that I can print a list of the records between 2 dates that I enter. Rather than having a list of dates that fall between the 2 seleted dates, I'd like to be able to print a calendar like report with the records shown in/on the relative dates. Anyone any ideas? Thanks! There's a nice solution in the book (on page 180): "Fixing Access Annoyances" by Phil Mitchell and Evan Callaghan (Evan co-wrote the Northwind database). Rega...

Open form to proper record
I have a form (fm_menu) with a subform (sf_subform). I have it set up so that the subform opens with DataSource1. When the user double clicks on a record in the subform I post the [Link_id] field value for the active subform record to a field on the main form and then change the datasource for the subform and refresh the subform. When the new record source opens I want the subform to find the record for the [link_id]. What VBA code would I use to do this or is there a different (more preferred) way to do this. Use the Link Master and Link Child fields to sync the subform wit...

Cannot open reports from outlook client
Hey, I have 2 clients with the same problem in that they cannot open reports from the outlook client, but they can access the reports successfully if they run the reports from the server, or if they access the reports web site directly, eg http://server/reports I have checked all registry entries and config files to make sure they specify the server name and not localhost or a dns entry, but still no go. Both clients are running SBS 2003 with outlook 2003 sp2. Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks, Topher Maybe this will help. Anne Error message when you try to start Microsoft Outlook a...

Print Access MDB name on reports
I have several Access MDB which uses linked files from an SQL server. They all uses the same files, but have different queries, reports, etc. These are for different departments. Some reports are in more than one MDB. When a user reports a problem, or requests a change, I need to know which MDB they were using. What I wish to do is include the Access MDB name on the printed reports. Is there a way to get the MDB name and use it in a report field? Michael M. Mahoney Monterey Financial Services, Inc. mmahoney@montereyfinancial.com Michael M. Mahoney wrote: > I have several Access...

Inventory report that shows how much of an item was used over time
Howdy. Not overly well-versed in how to pull various reports, but we are looking to find a report that will show us how much of an item was used (in assemblies) over any given time period. Is this something that is found in Reports or would it be a Smartlist view. And, how do we get there? Thanks in advance for any help! mv ...

Lock Records
I have a formand a subform in our database which allow sales orders to be entered. One issue I am having is when the form is opened to enter a new order. Inevitably the previous record is overwritten. What do I need to change so that this is avoided. No matter how much training one is given the error will still happen. -- JOE On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:52:01 -0800, JOE POLLOCK <JOEPOLLOCK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a formand a subform in our database which allow sales orders to be >entered. One issue I am having is when the form is opened to enter a...

Lookup record dialog box
The lookup dialog box field for different types of activities are different. For example, if we add job title in the find columns for Contact find (uder form and view). The job title is seachable in Phone activity Receipeint field, but it is not in To field of email. The two lookup foms also look different. Is there a way to make Job title searchable on Email lookup dialog box? Thanks ...

need advice on big project
well, big for us anyway... 2 developers, 1 year. I am looking for general good approaches for handling this. Given VS 2008, a collection of some old legacy code, and 2 man years we need to build a new front end that allows users to manage a library of components that can then be built into assemblies, that can then be built into models of designs or real systems that are then analyzed by the legacy code and compared with performance requirements... the performance requirements are also user managed. conceptualy i see this as several collections of generic objects that could be handl...