Need to hide previous Form entries

Once the form is completed and they click or move to a new entry, I need to
hide the previous entry.  The form is set to Data Entry: Yes, but that only
hides records from a previous session, we don't want to have to close the
Form and re-open it after each record entry.  Any/all help is appreciated!
Sean
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

What happens if you requery the form in its AfterInsert event?

1. Set the form's AfterInsert property to:
    [Event Procedure]

2. Click the Build button (...) beside this.
Access opens the code window.

3. Between the "Private Sub..." and "End Sub" lines, enter:
    Me.Requery

Haven't tested, but would expect that to work.

"SeanH77" <thraxis77@verizon.net.donotspamme> wrote in message
> Once the form is completed and they click or move to a new entry, I need
> hide the previous entry.  The form is set to Data Entry: Yes, but that
> only
> hides records from a previous session, we don't want to have to close the
> Form and re-open it after each record entry.  Any/all help is appreciated!
> Sean

0
Allen
3/6/2008 4:54:14 AM
That worked!
Thanks Allen!

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> What happens if you requery the form in its AfterInsert event?
>
> 1. Set the form's AfterInsert property to:
>     [Event Procedure]
>
> 2. Click the Build button (...) beside this.
> Access opens the code window.
>
> 3. Between the "Private Sub..." and "End Sub" lines, enter:
>     Me.Requery
>
> Haven't tested, but would expect that to work.

> "SeanH77" <thraxis77@verizon.net.donotspamme> wrote in message
> > Once the form is completed and they click or move to a new entry, I need
> > hide the previous entry.  The form is set to Data Entry: Yes, but that
> > only
> > hides records from a previous session, we don't want to have to close the
> > Form and re-open it after each record entry.  Any/all help is appreciated!
> > Sean

Hiding Non-Duplicated Entries
Dear All!!! It's very urgent, please help!!! I've got to edit duplicated entries but not remove them - how can hide NON-duplicated rows? Resulting column should contain even number of duplicated entries. Thanks in advance!!! Lana :eek -- Lan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lana's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=88 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38315 I've created two columns with formulas that display 1 if preceding o following rows are identical, and...

Upload Form From MS word 2000
If there is anyone ot there that can help me out with this issue, I would be eternally greatful. I have created a form in ms word and I need this form added to my Website. There's only one problem. . . . I haven't the darndest idea as how to upload the stinking form!!!!!! In Desperate Times, Karl D. Ross Address this question to a word newsgroup or a html ng, not to the Microsoft CRM ng. -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Karl D. Ross" <diamondross1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1fc301c352fc$9...

Need message box to be at front of screen
Greetings all. I have set a timer on a form which has a message box that pops up at defined intervals telling the user they are still being timed. The problem is that if they are using another application with access minimized, the message box is not visible until they minimize all other applications that are on top of it. Is there a way to make the message box show on top of all other open applications? I am using Access 2003 with XP Pro. Thank you. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you are using the Access application to pop up an Access messagebox, I ...

How do I auto sum on a form in publisher
I am trying to create a form that would auto sum columns like Excel. I can't figure it out! About the only way is to insert the Excel form as an Object. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dawn" <Dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD9B3D05-A0C5-4095-AB55-BC627D57DB50@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a form that would auto sum columns like Excel. I can't > figure it out! ...

"change order form"
Does anyone have a change order template that I can review? ...

ciceroUIWndFrame: OUTLOOK.EXE
I just had to put a new HD in my PC. I got Windows XP Pro reloaded and installed Norton security 2006. then install Office 2003. Now when i go into Outlook i get this message: "ciceroUIWndFrame: OUTLOOK.EXE - Entry Point Not Found. The procedure entry point WNetEnumCachedPasswords could not be located in the dynamic link library MPR.dll" anyone know how to fix this? Thanks matta25 <matta125work@hotmail.com> wrote: > I just had to put a new HD in my PC. I got Windows XP Pro reloaded > and installed Norton security 2006. then install Office 2003. Now > ...

Next/Previous items buttons
Can you add buttons which will allow users to move to the next or previous item in a list or view so they don't have to always save and close, just save, press the next button and carry on without having to figure out which item is next (sometimes the current item in a list/search does not stay hilighted and if you have to look through several to find the one you last worked on, that's a pain.). Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&qu...

Set Number of Previous Documents under FILE
When I open Excel and click on FILE on the menu bar, it only shows 4 previously opened documents. I want it to show 8-10 but can't find any options to change it. Can it be done? I have the student and teacher edition 2003. <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, Change number of entries by the "RecentlyUsedFileList". -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Carolyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

hiding columns #5
Hi, I'm trying to hide columns certain columns in my sheet using VB macro. Hiding of column should be based on the selection made by the user. for example I wanna hide Columns X-AW for a view and for other view wanna hide Column A -X. The logic I'm using is in column X I hav placed a pointer "eofr" I look for that using Find method. That works fine but after that th Range I'm giving to hide Columns fails :( . Please see code below. An help will be appreciated! :) Set ExcelLastCell = ActiveSheet.Cells.SpecialCells(xlLastCell) LastColumn = ExcelLastCell.Column Column =...

Enabling Macro But Hiding Sheets
I have created a simple macro that basically when a button is clicked i takes you to a certain page in the workbook. Is it possible to hide this page for different users. But when a use with the correct password comes he can click the button and he will b taken to the hidden page. Is it posible to do something like this along those line -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It's possible, and if you search the archives: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* you'll find many ways to do this. You should know, however, that none of the methods will ...

Criteria to return all records if selection from form is null
Hi, I'm trying to pass multiple query criteria from form controls. I'm using the following type of syntax for the criteria: Like Nz([Forms]![ViewEdit Completed Procedures]![SelectOBy],"*") And this works fine for the fields where there are no Nulls in the data, but if there are Nulls in this field I don't get those records. Quite understandable since Like "*" doesn't return Nulls. What I'm trying to do is to return all records when there is nothing chosen in the selection box on the form. I've tried a bunch of different IIfs wi...

Calendar entries and time zones
Hi! I have the following problem with Outlook: I moved from Europe to US, and what I did was just to change the computer clock (but not the time zone). Now the time Outlook writes in email headers is always offset by 6 hours. To change that, I wanted to change the time zone to the correct US zone instead of the European zone. But then I have the problem that all the calendar entries are shifted automatically by 6 hours which is definitely NOT what I want. Does anybody know how to solve that problem? How can I change the time zone for my computer without having to change back all the calendar e...

Hiding/Exposing Worksheets based on a Number Entry
I have a worksheet that has data for up to 50 technicians. Each location gets this workbook and may have from 3-50 technicians. I'd like to create a macro/formula that lets each location enter the number of technicians, and then will hide the unneeded worksheets. The workbook has a summary page, (worksheet one), fifty individual technician pages (worksheets 2-51) and a setup page (worksheet 52). Data is entered on each technicians page. What I would like is for the location to entry a number in a cell or from a macro prompt that asks how many locations they have. Based on that respon...

Organization Forms #2
Unable to see the "Organization Forms" library in Outlook 2003. Anybody experience this ? I've created the folder below "EForms Registry" in ESM, checked permissions but the library does not show up. Enviroment: Exchange 2003, SP1,4-Node cluster, 3 Virtual Servers, Public Folder tree on 1 Virtual Server. Any help would be appreciated ! -Mike ...

i need your help
i am providing you with my problem with an excel attachment file please reply me asap. Attachment filename: help me.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=463626 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi I would suggest using Data / Filter / AutoFilter. This is a very simple yet effective way of doing what you want. If you need to create separate 'tables' you can use the Advanced Filter Andy. "mangesh >" <<mangesh.12lfkr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mangesh.12lfkr@e...

Hiding a subform
I have a subform on a main form which is shown/hidden by tab control,but when it is hidden all I see/get is a blank tab control. I have tried various macros to close it or minimise it, but they don't work. So is there a way to hide a subform when not needed and then show it when it is. Thanks Use the Change event for the tab control. The way I do it is like this--> Private Sub ClientTab_Change Select Case Me.ClientTab Case 0 Me.[NameOfSubformControlA].SourceObject = "[FormA]" Me.[NameOfSubformControlB].SourceObject = "" ...

Need Help #9
Hi This =IF(H2,MIN(10,H2),0) returns the numbers from column H with a maximum of 10. The formula is returning 10 if the cell is 10 or over, is something wrong. Question: I need it to return 0 if 10 or over. Microsoft Excel 2002 Thanks in advance Dave On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:43:49 -0000, "Dave 2005" <dave@zillion.karoo.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >This =IF(H2,MIN(10,H2),0) returns the numbers from column H with a maximum >of 10. > >The formula is returning 10 if the cell is 10 or over, is something wrong. > >Question: I need it to return 0 if 10 or ...

Export from a form
I know there are several ways to programatically export, like docmd.transferspreadsheet, but I want to export data from a form. I however do not want the file button available to my users. I thought this might work DoCmd.DoMenuItem , acfilemenu, acExport, , acMenuVer70 but it did not. Basically all I want to do is have a command button act like what happens when you click file, export. I want the user to click the button, and then select the location and the format to export to. Am I on the correct track with the DoMenuItem? Nevermind, I figured it out. I guess it helps to keep rea...

Need a little Macro ...
I need a little Macro that will race thru my Tab Sheets regardless of Tab Sheet Name ... Active sheet ... perform a function ... next sheet ... until all functions complete ... all sheets ... Thanks ... Kha Ken, Try something like Dim WS As Worksheet For Each WS In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets ' do something with WS Next WS -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017001c394da$72b82d00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I need a l...

Need to set up ID on Outlook Express
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=56dc2f64-f688-4919-a5ea-23b1a55eb054&dg=microsoft.public.outlook Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook i...

Need smart guy advice! VIRUS !?
"Hi. I recently installed SP3 on my computer, and now I get an odd message when I open emails. A box pops up that says, "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'." My virus scan turned up nothing, and the "detect & repair" function of Outlook did not change this." "After 'Yes' or 'No' outlook stops responding." Thanks, Max. Assuming you are describing Outlook 2002 (part of Office XP), ...

Force rounding up in form
I have a calculation that converts markup to margin in a form. Basically, when a user types in a value in one text box, the result in another text box will be the corresponding margin. The calculation is encoded in the vba of the form. My problem is that some of the numbers are not rounding up properly. For instance, a markup of 8.75 should convert to 8.1, but instead showing as 8.0, the raw data is actually 8.04597759246826. I would think using a text box format of 0.0 should round it up, but it's not working. I need it to display 8.1 at both the form and table levels for auditing p...

Resolve Case, Resolution Type Field (Need more options)
I need to add more options to the Resolution Type Field (There is only the PROBLEM SOLVED option) and i can't find where , It seems to be a Pickup list but the form Resolve Case and its fields do not appear anywhere, Please let me know how can i do this if somebody knows it.... -- cB - Thanks in advance I'm having the same issue! "cB" wrote: > I need to add more options to the Resolution Type Field (There is only the > PROBLEM SOLVED option) and i can't find where , It seems to be a Pickup list > but the form Resolve Case and its fields do not appear...

DOS program needing to use net use for network printer
can't use DOS program because Windows XP Pro SP2 and Active Directory issue. Get system error 5. i have been told that i need to make a setting in my Windows 2003 server to allow the client cmd.exe or UNC to work. if i give the local user on the Windows XP computer administrator level access the net use commad works. i currently have the user setup as a power user. ...

two tables with same field names
I create an order status table for my division each week by running queries on corporate's systems. The field names are always the same, and there lies my problem. I need to measure the change in promise dates weekly to the order line level. For example, I need to pull last monday's promise date minus this monday's promise date to get the change in number of days. Post your table structure so a query can be assembled. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "deb" wrote: > I create an order status table for my division each week by running queries > o...