Need help with tables

I have a table created where one of my fields in called "Completed" with a
Yes/No command option. I would like to know if there is a way that when I
check that box, the whole record can be automatically transferred to another
table where I can store records that are "completed". Essentially I would
have two tables, one with records where the "Completed" check box is not
checked and another table where the "completed" box is checked. I'm fairly
new to Access so I cannot figure this one out. Any help or suggestions would
be very much appreciated.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You can easily do that with an update query. But with you being fairly new to
Access, the code to automate that might be a little much. My suggestion is,
read the Access help files on update queries and try to get one set up where
it works when you just run the query manually. Then, once you get that
working, check back and someone can give the code to make that automatic.
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

"MayraS" wrote:

> I have a table created where one of my fields in called "Completed" with a
> Yes/No command option. I would like to know if there is a way that when I
> check that box, the whole record can be automatically transferred to another
> table where I can store records that are "completed". Essentially I would
> have two tables, one with records where the "Completed" check box is not
> checked and another table where the "completed" box is checked. I'm fairly
> new to Access so I cannot figure this one out. Any help or suggestions would
> be very much appreciated.
What you are proposing is not the recommended practice, and there is no
reason to do so.  Having two tables with identical structure, whose content
is determined by one the the data fields in those tables, is wrong.  It will
certainly give problems (or make your life harder) if you later decide, for
example, to produce a report of all records, regardless of the Completed
state.

Leave all your data in a single table.  Set up two queries (which you can
consider to be virtual tables - but with many advantages); one to return
only those records where Completed is true, the other to return only those
records where Completed is false.  Use the queries as the recordsource for
any forms/reports where you would have used one or other of your proposed
tables.

HTH,

Rob

MayraS wrote:
> I have a table created where one of my fields in called "Completed"
> with a Yes/No command option. I would like to know if there is a way
> that when I check that box, the whole record can be automatically
> transferred to another table where I can store records that are
> "completed". Essentially I would have two tables, one with records
> where the "Completed" check box is not checked and another table
> where the "completed" box is checked. I'm fairly new to Access so I
> cannot figure this one out. Any help or suggestions would be very
> much appreciated.

0
Rob

need a formula 11-15-09
need to find the formula for b3 is 8 hrs c3 = -.50min / b3 is less than 8hrs c3 -.25 example b3 8. hrs c3 7.5 hrs / b3 6. hrs c3 5.75 Terry: take a big breath and retype this slowly using punctuation and line feeds. We do want to help but this makes no sense to me Unlike cell phone text messages, there is no word-count cost. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0B8990-E7EE-4FF7-9FE1-5577D1DBF3EE@microsoft.com... > need to find the formula f...

emails being lost
Hi we run an SBS2003 server with exchange. We also have GFI Mail essentials One student is sending us an email with an attachments. I can see that GFI are receiving the email and processing it OK if I then look at Exchange Tools > Message Tracking Centre, I can see the email. there are 5 entries: SMTP: Message submitted to advanced queue SMTP: Started message submission to advanced queue SMTP: Message submitted to catagorizer SMTP: Message catagorized and queued for routing SMTP: Non-delivery report generated. Can some tell me what is happening please? This student can send messag...

Multiple Conditions Formula Help Needed
I currently have a formula that I have used to calculate commisio rates. We had a 2 rate plan. If sales were below a certail threshol then apply this rate and if above apply this rate. I used an IF/THE formula. We have recently switched to a 4 rate plan, and I am unsur how to create a formula to reflect this. Please advise.. thanks dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One approach would be a table to use with VLOOKUP. In the formula, where you now have a rate, use VLOOKUP. On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:53:11 -0500, chiwavdg <<chiwavdg.19rkim@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Help with linking information from one sheet to another
I'm trying to setup an excel workbook like this: First sheet is a master list with peoples names in the first row and and their stats in 5-6 cataogries along with a final point total in the colums to the left of each name. Then I want to use a second sheet so that when I type in the first couple of letters in a persons name it will finish the name for me and automatically copy the players stats and total into the colums on the left. I know it's possible to do since I've seen it before I just have no clue how they did it and was hoping someone hear could help me. Thanks in advan...

Import/Export sql tables to an XML file?
Hi, How can I export/import data from SQL server tables to/from an XML file? Note: I want to tdo this from a desktop application written in c# and uses sql server tables for storing data. Is there a way to do this? Also, are there libraries that already do this? Thanx in advance... ...

help #9
???? There... all better now? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, hygdd@eedd2.com <hygdd@eedd2.com> typed: | ???? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0078_01C35EC3.E4226980 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable with what exactly? I only see a questionmark? -- Please go to my website: The Site Resource Vote For The Site Resource! <hygdd@eedd2.com> wrote in message = news:a34bjvk9fvkgdb...

Need help plz! Unable to Send/Recv emails in OE.
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I just set up my Outlook Express and I'm unable to Send/Recv emails which is strange because I already have an msn.com email account which works perfectly but I wish to make OE my default email and that doesn't work. Whenever I try to send an email or press the Send/Recv button I keep getting these two error messages: 1: "The service is currently unavailable. Try again later. Account: 'MSN Mail Server', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavail...

Publisher Template page??? help
Okay I'm working in Publisher 2003 with a document that somebody else created. Whenever I go to "Insert page... " (by right clicking on the pages tabs at the bottom) and everytime I do I get a "Newsletter Pages" window asking me what kind of Page I want to insert. I have the options of selecting story, order form calender, etc and each option comes up with a different layout for the page. I can tell they are custom because each page has information specific to this company. My question is how to I modify (edit) these pages? They seem to be templates but only fo...

Tabling
Dear reader(s) I'm doing some coursework using Microsoft excel 97. one of the tasks have to do is use a table. The user enter, a number, and the length o the table will increase. (columns), according to that number The width stays the same. The table has a default length of thre columns. I've been given this notation: = cell above + 1 (a2) = b1 +1 copy formula down Specify row number Choose another cell (b2) stop at 7 b2 =( if cell above = 7 then don't put anything, otherwise add 1 t cell above) I don't know if that will help, it didn't do much for me. Thanks ...

Table
I have the following formula in each of the nine cells in the table below {=TABLE(O17,D29)} Yet each of the calculated amounts are different. I understand what the table is doing I just can't figure out if there are hidden worksheets or cells that show the table. $268,808,261 9.50% 9.75% 10.00 10.75% 276,201,526 273,122,434 270,197,297 11.00% 271,818,702 268,808,261 265,948,341 11.25% 267,529,883 264,586,412 261,790,114 Please help ...

Help #18
Hi again I am using a 4 x 4 table ( A1:D4), concatenating 8 inputs ( A1 to H1) so say I concatenate A1 with B1, all the way to H1, anyway the result in the tables will be similar to llb, lbb, llbb, b etc. Now my problem is that each of these results must be converted to usable name eg...llb = Purple, lbb = Pink, llbb = Silver etc. I need to display these colour results in say A10:A26, if there are cells in the results table showing llbb then it must display: 12.5% Silver 25.0% Purple etc Thanks in advance Colli -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Cannot understand your ...

Help Opening Publisher 2007 file in 2000 version
Help !! I have been sent a publisher 2007 document and cannot open it at all with my publisher 2000, is there a file conversion download or anything? Nope, there is no conversion. If you send it to me I will convert it for you. Be aware you may lose some formatting and if there are images involved the file will become much larger. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Maneater" <Maneater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B514D1E-C752-4577-A140-B6FC974B9416@m...

calculated field for percentage in pivot table
how can i calculate the percentage based on the filtered total of a given field? Example; if i have 3 fields and use one value to filter fields 1 and 2, then calculate a column with the percentage of every value based on the total of that filtered data Thank you, regards On Sep 30, 2:37=A0am, Gerardo <Gera...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how can i calculate the percentage based on the filtered total of a given > field? > Example; if i have 3 fields and use one value to filter fields 1 and 2, t= hen > calculate a column with the percentage of every value based on ...

Need help #2
I have a column full of photo names such as 2801.JPG. There are aroun 500+ image names in this column. What I need to do is add "photos/" i front of every image name in this column; e.g. "photos/2801.JPG". I there any way to do this other than one at a time. It would take a ver long time doing it this way. Thanks for your help example: _current_ 2801.jpg 2802.jpg 2803.jpg _What_I_need_ photos/2801.jpg photos/2802.jpg photos/2803.jp -- trima ----------------------------------------------------------------------- trimax's Profile: http:...

Formula Help #46
I have this formula in a cell AB19: =IF(AA19<0,"",IF(O20>0,P20,IF(L20>0,M20))) If cell AA19 is empty I want cell AB19 to be empty. The probem is that in cell AA19 there is a return of false, which I have conditionally formattted to not show up. I've tried less than 0, if AA19="","", and everything else I could think of. How can I make cell AB19 not return a value when AA19 returns false? It really returns False? =IF(OR(AA19=FALSE,AA19<0),"",IF(O20>0,P20,IF(L20>0,M20))) or =IF(AA19=FALSE,"",IF(O20>0,P20,IF(L20&g...

Problem creating DataSet structure from xsd: The same table (...) cannot be the child table in two nested relations.
Suppose we have an object hierarchy in XSD. For example, let us take Control, Label, TextBox and LinkLabel windows controls. Each control has some properties which are represented as elements. Some of the elements are of complex types as well, like bounds - of type rectangle. (See full example in the bottom of the letter.) DataSet.ReadXMLSchema fails to parse such XSD file. The problem is caused by complex type as an element of the base type of hierarchy. (In the example this type is called rectangle.) More specifically, when parsing the example XSD file DataSet.ReadSchema would 1. Create tab...

HELP! Service pack install to 2nd instance updated 1st instance!
I was attempting to install a second instance of GP on my workstation to run against our test server, which is at 9.0 SP4 (our production system is 9.0 SP2). When I ran the SP4 upgrade, to my chagrin it didn't ask what instance I wanted to upgrade, and to my horror it upgraded my production (default) instance - GREAT! Two questions: 1. Is there any way to easily back out that upgrade from my production instance? Can I just run Add/Remove Programs and remove it? (I haven't logged on to GP yet since I ran the SP upgrade). I could delete the CNK files, but I noticed it did a bun...

help need to total a months worth of worksheets into one report
everyday I enter the cheques we receive and all the relevant info about the including what department bill it was to pay I need to find a way create a Totals for the month" sheet, table, something but I want it to be updated as I add the info to the daily worksheets any suggestions? Instead of creating a separate worksheet for each day, store all the data on one worksheet, and include a column for the date. Then, use Data>Filter>AutoFilter to view the data for a specific day, and use a pivot table to summarize the data. Create a dynamic named range on the input sheet, and b...

Need the Daylight Saving Patch KB951072 patch file
I want to put KB951072 patch on a XP SP2 system, but the computer is not on the web. The Microsoft site does not seem to let you just download the patch file so you can download it offline. How can I get the patch file? Thanks! "Tom Adams" <tadamsmar@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bdddd6c3-9f6f-4c23-a406-c1b0c4bf4de8@t34g2000prm.googlegroups.com... > > I want to put KB951072 patch on a XP SP2 system, but the computer is > not on the web. The Microsoft site does not seem to let you just > download the patch file so you can download it offline. ...

Table not listed in Table Names / Table Descriptions window
Hi, I am missing a 3rd party table in the Table Names window. I'm trying to view the table via the Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables navigation but my table does not display here. I can view the table under the SQL Maintenance window (Tools > Maintenance > SQL). Does anyone know why it does not appear under the Resource descriptions for Tables? I have other 3rd party tables that appear here just fine. Thanks in advance, Jacqy What module is it? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com I ch...

Which hotfix(es)/SP(s) I need for Exchange 2000 to bring it to version 6.5.7226.0?
Dear all, I am not sure this is the right forum so please bare with me that I've posted the same on fora: microsoft.public.exchange2000.general microsoft.public.exchange2000.misc microsoft.public.exchange2000.setup.installation I will be very happy if you can tell me which hotfix(es)/SP(s) I need for Exchange 2000 to bring it to version 6.5.7226.0? Kind regards, Soren Mikkelsen Switzerland ...

MDI message help
Does anyone know if there is any message sent to the CMDIFrameWnd when the selected document is changed when a user clickes on a different child window? If know how can the CMDIFrameWnd be notified when the selected document window is changed? Thanks George Take a look at OnMDIActivate(). -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "George" <sg1base@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:benm7v$r3l$1@slb6.atl.mindspring.net... > Does anyone know if there is any message sent to the CMDIFrameWnd when the > selected document is changed when a user clickes on a diffe...

Needs help to pull data from excel file and put it into new excel file
Hi: Can any one please tell me how to I create an output excel file which values are comminig from another excel files. ExcelFile1 Column Q = New file Column A ExcelFile1 Column C = New file Column B If ExcelFile1 Column I = ACH then new file column C = PMT If ExcelFile1 Column I = CCD then new file column C = PMT If ExcelFile1 Column I = BCK then new file column C = ERR If ExcelFile1 Column I = CHK then new file column C = PMT If ExcelFile1 Column I = CPB then new file column C = PMT If ExcelFile1 Column I = CRT then new file column C = PMT If ExcelFile1 Column I = CSH then new file column C...

what seems a complex problem looking up a value in a table
The problem revolves around people's duty roster. The table looks like this jan 1 start jan 1 stop jan 2 start jan 2 stop ... fred 8am 3pm 3pm 6pm jane 3pm 6pm john 8am 3pm peter The times are in 24 hour format in actual fact. What I want to achieve is the following outcome table hours jan 1 jan 2 8 fred john 9 fred john 10 fred john 11 fred john 12 fred john 13 fred john 14 fred john 15 jane fred 16 jane fred 17 jane fred 18 jane fred To complicate matters futher there can be over lap of hours. I have looked as LOOKUP and MATCH etc but can't kind find a solution. A...

Formulas needed for Calendar?
I am trying to convert a calendar that I use in Lotus 123 to Excel. It will not automatically convert due to the formulas. I have never used Excel before and need to some help with converting the formulas to whatever is compatiable with Excel. I do not want to use a pre existing calendar as it will not work with my project. Would appreciate any help with this. Here are the formulas that I am using with 123 that need converting to Excel. Formula 1 @DATEINFO(@DATE($L$4,A8,1),6)&" "&@STRING(A7,0) This puts the Month and Year from a Date that I enter into a cell. Formula...