need help with query ...

Hi,

I am looking to write a query with multiple factors and do not know
the best way to do it.

I want use Event Type, Status, and Region as my queries variables.  By
default I want show "all", but then be able to use drop downs to
filter with.

Can anyone please give me an idea on the best way to do this?  If this
does not seem to make sense, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Ray
0
bcap
12/14/2007 5:57:14 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

To be able to have combo boxes for query parameters, you must create a form
with an unbound combo box for each parameter.

See http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0043.htm at "The Access Web" for how
to add the keyword "All" to each combo box.

In your query, set your parameters to

Forms![NameOfForm]![NameOfCombo] Or (Forms![NameOfForm]![NameOfCombo] =
"All")

Put a command button on your form to invoke the query.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"bcap" <rayh@patriots.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am looking to write a query with multiple factors and do not know
> the best way to do it.
>
> I want use Event Type, Status, and Region as my queries variables.  By
> default I want show "all", but then be able to use drop downs to
> filter with.
>
> Can anyone please give me an idea on the best way to do this?  If this
> does not seem to make sense, please let me know.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Ray

0
Douglas
12/14/2007 6:03:42 PM

Hi,

I am actually using an Access DB with an ASPClassic front-end, would
this stay the same?

Thank you very much! =)
0
bcap
12/14/2007 6:08:58 PM
Hi,

I just tried out this sample.  I think I need to explain my idea
better.

I have a field of event types, regions, and status.

By default, I would everything to show.

What I would like to do is give the users the ability to be able to
query for a specific event in a specific region.  Or maybe simply all
event types and all regions with a pending status.

Basically, I want to create a query depending on the different
combinations of these variables.

Is this possible?  My biggest concern is, what happens if one of these
fields is null?

Thank you,
Ray
0
bcap

Distinguish help calls
On a dialog, how can I distinguish between the user pressing F1 and clicking on the context help question mark and then somewhere on my dialog. I would like F1 to bring up the main help system at the appropriate page and the question mark to bring up context help (floating yellow text). At present, pressing F1 lands in my OnHelpInfo method and I open the help system at the appropriate page. Pressing the question mark brings up the context help correctly, then lands in my OnHelpInfo method and I don't want to open the help system, but can't tell which event caused the trigger of ...

HELP: MSCRMExRouter Issue
We have a very odd issue. We keep on getting the below error and don't know what it's all about. We have logged on to this service with the CRDadmin@domain account, and after about an hour these errors start appearing. Can anyone assist? Thanks Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceException: Verifying before delivery message: RE: in mailbox: CRMadmin failed (System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse respo...

Need help merging two Worksheet_Change modules #5
Hi Dave, further to the last entry I have discovered where the module is tripping up. It works on three of my cells but any one of a further three cells that I have data validation in renders the code not to work - what it does is, on any change to any cell with validation it throws up the message box in the code (MsgBox "Your last operation was canceled. " & _ "It would have deleted data validation rules.") and doesn't allow you to do anything else in those cells. What is it about these particular three cells that causes this? They are pretty normal validated c...

Template Help #2
I created an Excel 2000 Template with a linked Database using the Template Wizard add-in. I need to remove the Database from this Template. I have deleted sheets, saved under a new name, copied and pasted the workbook and I still get the Databse link pop up everytime I close the workbook! How can I remove this link?? Dee The Data Tracker uses a hidden sheet named Template Information. If you copy all the visible sheets to a new workbook, the new workbook will not be linked to the database. Then you can save the new workbook over the old one. -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Bl...

File sharing advice needed!
Hi, I am setting up Money 2004 on 2 systems, my wife's desktop and my laptop. I'd like to know if anyone has any advice on file sharing?? Specifically, do we both have to have the same Money User Account (and MSN Passport) setup on both systems and map both to a "shared" .mny file on 1 system? Or is it possible that we each have our own seperate account on Money and a seperate account on .net MSN, and still be able to synchronize the .mny file? Ideally we would like to split up chores (I do our brokerage stuff, and she does the bill pay and other monthly activities), and t...

HELP!! Unsolved Mystery
Okay so I think we've tried everything, but Maybe you guys have some more ideas. I need to insert a "Task Object" which what we basically want is a link or something to click on in our Excel Document that will allow a document to pop up in Excel that lists our Tasks. We tried inserting a WordPad Document and it gave us EXACTLY what we wanted BUT.... it doesn't allow you to print the wordpad document and that is what we NEED. The comments field isn't what we're looking for and going back and forth between worksheets is also a hassle. Basically, is there another ...

I need a bezier curve the example? Who may provide? Extremely thank!
I need a bezier curve the example? Who may provide? Extremely thank! ...

random incomplete query results
Hi to all, on a form I'm filling a "box" (I don't know the english name, is like a combo without the input selection row) from a table on the same database. To do that, I'm using the property "RowSource", also to change the ordering field. The problem is that, when I'm using the database on a PC with Windows 2000 and Office 2000, "sometime" (exactly! not all the times!) the list on the box is covering only a fraction of the entire table! After some trials I get the full list... The same database, on my PC (XP and Office 2003), is working alw...

HELP!! Notes won't restore
Hi Everyone: I use Notes alot in Outlook. The other day I maximized a note and now I can't restore it to its original size. I went into Tools- Options - Note Options and changed the size to all thrr options but still every time I open a new note it take up my entire screen!! Can anyone help me out? Thanks for your time, Bill Double click the title bar. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Bill asked: | Hi E...

Need advice on CComboBox
I have a combo box that displays a list of people (firstname + " " + lastname). Each person has an id in a table called customers with an id field. When the user choses the appropriate person in the combo box I want to place the id for that person into another table as a foreign key into the customer table. Unfortunately I can't use the index of the combobox string in the list because it doesn't tie into the id number. How do I use the SetItemData to store the person's id in the combo box so that I can't retrieve it later? why not use a map, define in the STL? ...

Local Data Queries Stored? Client or Server?
I have 3 complex queries I need to deploy to 35 users. After creating the 5th one from scratch, I figured the data's gotta be stored somewhere! I looked around in the registry and couldn't find any clues. Where are the local data queries stored? I'm thinking I could copy the queries (update for any unique GUIDs, of course). Thanks. It is stored on server -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Avogadro" wrote: > I have 3 complex queries I need to ...

Exchange 2003 / 2000 Help
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C6473D.00418970 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Current setup=20 1 DC (Windows 2000 server standard) in network currently running = exchange 2000=20 installing=20 1 Member server (Windows 2003 enterprise) will run exchange 2003=20 I am reading through the Exchange server 2003 deployment guide and it = says this -=20 In the domain where the schema master resides, run ForestPrep. (By = default, the schema master runs on the first Windows d...

fail to create IXSSO.Query object
I'm moving classic asp sites from Windows 2000 / IIS 5 to Windows 2008 R2 / IIS 7. We have the "Indexing Service" started. Catalogs were created OK. However, I am unable to create an ixsso.Query object. Get the following error message Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad' ActiveX component can't create object /HC/ECO/Announcements/Headlines/SearchResults.asp, line 39 ASP code : <% Dim sSearchString Dim oQuery Dim results() ...

Help with basic workflow........please
Hi There I am looking at creating a basic workflow (initially anyway). What I want to be able to do is if any details on the contact records changes to then a email is automatically sent to the record owner telling them that info has changed. It would be good to include in the email subject the account name and the contacts name? Is there anyone that could get me started maybe? Thanks in advance Kind Regards Peter What you need is not a Workflow but rather a Callout. A Workflow can handle one of these 4 triggers: Create, Manual, Reassign and Status Change. None of these are triggere...

X axis needed for Line Chart
-- FL ...

need help with payees
On the "spending by payee" report page, it tells me I have 26 transactions, totalling $0 that don't have assigned payee names. All of these transactions are transfers to and from certain accounts. (i'm talking only about transfers here) for example, I transfer $200 "to" my cash account each week. On the"assign payee" page, it shows that transaction twice -- once going 'into' cash, and once going 'out' of checking. Does each occurence of that transaction need a payee? And, who is the payee? And what about other transfers, like from s...

HTREEITEM variables need to be defined as STATIC?
Does HTREEITEM variables need to be defined as STATIC, otherwise after calling the CTREECTRL member function, the variable's value will be changed? Thanks for your answer. >Does HTREEITEM variables need to be defined as STATIC, otherwise after >calling the CTREECTRL member function, the variable's value will be >changed? Generally the answer is no, but it'd be clearer if you showed some example code that you're worrying about. Dave ...

Need Help to create Summary sheet.
Hello: I'm working on Excel2000. In one excel file i have one sheet "MasterData" as show below: ********************************** EMP_CD WORK_DT WORK_HRS ----------------------------------------------------- ASH 8/25/2004 0:00 8 IPH 8/25/2004 0:00 2 IPH 8/25/2004 0:00 2 MAN 8/25/2004 0:00 8 NKH 8/25/2004 0:00 1 NKH 8/25/2004 0:00 2 RXK 8/25/2004 0:00 8 YPG 8/25/2004 0:00 8 NSH 8/25/2004 0:00 8 ASH 8/26/2004 0:00 8 YPG 8/26/2004 0:00 8 IPH 8/26/2004 0:00 8 ********************************** Now, I need to create summary sheet (New Sheet) in same file , whic will show...

Help needed to add commets, arrows, etc to existing graph...
I am wanting to add comments and arrows (that look proper) and fill i the area between two lines on a line graph i have created in excel. Ca someone please guide me on how this may be done... I was thinking: i. there may be a way to do it in excel that i am not aware of, ii. there may be another charting program which will draw the chart with all the frills from data exported from excel, iii. there may be another program that allows me to add stuff t already created excel charts, iv. something else. My aim is to export these graphs to word - they will form part of report i am writting. An...

Need help with SQL tables
After running a security reconcile sa was no longer a user in GP. I received the answer below about re-adding it, but I don't know how to add a userid in to a table. I can't find anything on knowledgebase about this. We don't have the SQL Enterprise Manager but use the SQL 2005 Management Studio Express. Can anyone help me? I just need to know the script that will add it to these tables. Thanks. Tracey D "Therefore it will be just a matter of adding 'sa' USERID into the following tables in DYNAMICS database as a minimum. Once added, use ano...

help, inbox gone
I just logged on and all of my inbox is gone. there is one email from Outlook Express welcoming me to outlook express 6. I have been using this all along. why did this happen? and where is all the emails I had in my inbox? can i get them back? please help. old deleted items are still there. A good website for information on OE is: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer i...

VERY URGENT HELP REQUIRED
Hi TO ALL Tech and MSVP: I use to assign item to a site. But today while trying to assign any item to a site, it does not work. I went through Cards>> Inventory >> Item >> Item Qty and Site go to button >> Selected the site >> Save. also i tryed Cards>> Inventory >> site > assign by site id and range of item silent no error when go back to the item realize that it didnt save/assign to the site. There is no error message , also these items does not added into IV00102 table also it exist only one with " " Location code where it sho...

Help with Exchange 2003 deploymenr architecture
I have been using Exchange 2003 in my company for a while without any problems.We have just opened a subsidiary in India.For the couple users there, we setup Pop3 for email. Unofrtunately, the performance is very bad.I huess this could be due to latency.Is there a way for me to deploy a secondary Exchange server in India? If so , how does one set it up to sync with the main Exchange server in the US? Thanks in advance. If POP3 performance is horrible, I'm not sure what you are expecting to see in terms of replication performance.... Adding an Exchange server (and AD GC) locally wou...

HELP! 12-06-07
Excel won't open and I've both tried re-installing it, and rebooting what should I do? On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 00:42:20 -0500, avarage wrote: > Excel won't open and I've both tried re-installing it, and rebooting what > should I do? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever Office program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows and Office version number in the message. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgrou...

Help looking up the last product in a container
I have a data base that tells production what porduct to put in what trailer and I need to be able to find out what the last product was in the trailer. All this information is in the table on the last trailer by product name, trailer number and date returned. Can someone help me with this? -- Roger Perkins rperk60@swbell.net Use DLookup() to get the previous product. This example assumes a table named tblLoad, with fields like this: TrailerID Number what trailer is used for the load. ProductID Number what product was carried. LoadDate Date/Time when this...