need help: click button to reload record set

Suppose you have a form that is generated from the following query:

select * from foo where bar = True (bar of course being a boolean
attribute of table foo)

now suppose that you have a button whose action is to modify the
active record of the form

event onClick( )
     Me.bar = false
end

how do you force the form to re-execute the query (i.e. reload, but
with the record that just had its "bar" attribute changed to false so
it should be excluded from the record set)?

--b

0
cbnewman
5/9/2007 5:54:39 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Add a requery statement after record is modified:

event onClick( )
    Me.bar = false
    Requery
end

HTH,

Rob

<cbnewman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Suppose you have a form that is generated from the following query:
>
> select * from foo where bar = True (bar of course being a boolean
> attribute of table foo)
>
> now suppose that you have a button whose action is to modify the
> active record of the form
>
> event onClick( )
>     Me.bar = false
> end
>
> how do you force the form to re-execute the query (i.e. reload, but
> with the record that just had its "bar" attribute changed to false so
> it should be excluded from the record set)?
>
> --b

0
Rob

Internet site shortcut needed.
How do I put an internet site on the screen as a shortcut. Seems difficult. Frank "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:%23XQkp1UpKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do I put an internet site on the screen as a shortcut. Seems > difficult. > > Frank > Save it as a Favorite. Drag it from My Favorites to the Taskbar and then to the Desktop if you want. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA And, or: show the menu bar>File>Send>Shortcut to Desktop >WT< ...

Windows logon help
I boot the the logon screen, with Owner and Guest User. Every now and then, when logged off and awakening from Standby, I cannot get the flashing cursor in the Owner logon box. The only remedy is to reboot. I wonder why this happens and whether there is some keystroke combination I can use to allow me to enter my logon password. JD wrote: > I boot the the logon screen, with Owner and Guest User. Every now > and then, when logged off and awakening from Standby, I cannot get > the flashing cursor in the Owner logon box. The only remedy is to > reboot. I wonder why ...

Changing RecordSource Causes A Reload of Sub Form Destroying References
Apologies for posting in two newsgroups but after I originally posted it in forms I realized this should have been posted here (formscoding) instead. Access 2007 This only happens on some machines. It has occurred on a PC running Windows XP SP3 and a MAC running Windows. I have been unable to reproduce it on other PCs running Windows XP SP3, Vista or Windows 7. On the machines that have the problem it always occurs. I have a form with a sub form control. The control's SourceObject is changed depending on the function required. On the forms that is used in the control is a...

Need bootable utility
I have a Vista system that "blue-screens" on me when I attempt to run Windows XP Pro setup. My intent is to re-format the hard-drive and install XP Pro. CHKDSK couldn't find anything wrong with the disk, so I'm at a loss other than to suspect that there's something on the hard-drive from DELL/Vista security that's blocking me. Is there a bootable utility that will format a hard-drive "No matter what"? Thanks (PS) Not sure this is the right NG for this post, so if not please let me know. Definitely not the correct forum for this post....

HQ and RMS can't set primary Cashier or Salesperson #2
Since we upgraded to RMS 2.0 and added HQ In RMS 1.3 we could assign and change Primary Cashier or Sales person on Customer accounts. NOW, We do not have a drop down list button on our customer accounts to set a primary Salesperson or Cashier. Is there a option to check to be able to have the drop down list appear on the Customer account? Or can it be set with a worksheet in HQ? -- DDowningMO HQ 2.0.0110 / RMS 2.0.0110 4 Lanes, 4 Back Office Server 2003 SP2 ------=_NextPart_0001_7F2C5488 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning, Thank you for posting...

help with matching if
As you can see I am totally a noob to excel. And I have another noo problem needed to be solve. can someone please help me once more. Quetion #2: per say, I have a table of data, and I would like to exce to return the matching values from the table to a2. for example: [ ]|Y1 |Y2| Y3| X1|.54|.65|.67| X2|.56|.67|.89| cell A1=Y1 cell A2=X1 A4 will return the matching values from y1,x1=.54 Thx for the help everyone. Highly Appreciated -- augustu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- augustus's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

Not able to set up more than 5 accounts.
Hi Everybody, Im running Outlook 2002 on XP Pro and I've got 5 mail accounts setup and working OK. If I try to set up a 6th account the Outlook Test button gives me all the green ticks but if I try to Send/Receive all the accounts the first 5 accounts work ok but the new account doesn't, the Send and Receive details box reports that "The connection to the server was interrupted". If I delete one of the earlier accounts which are working fine the new account works OK but if I then add the deleted account (which was working fine) this account then reports back with the same ...

help with spliting data cells
I am looking for assistance with splitting data between cells. I have a column of data (first (space) last name). I need to split that column into two seperate columns so each name value is in it;s own cell and i end with 2 seperate columns. (john smith) to (john) (smith) Please advise if this is easy and can be done. Thanks, Phil pcavalcanto@Aol.com -- pcavalcanto ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pcavalcanto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32212 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...

Can anyone help with this problem? bug?
I installed MYIE2 (www.myie2.com) and chose it to be default browser, when I reverted back to IE as default browser it affected one thing I know in Outlook. on the toolbar, when you open up a contact, theres a "road sign button" to the right of the "red flag" I get this error, when i click on it: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Crate an assocition in the Folder Options control panel" I dont know what association to go to in Folder options and uninstalling outlook and reinstalling it did not fix the problem no...

Notepad Records
How do I pull records from Notepad...for example, pull records from notepad where field criteria matches a selection from a form list so I can see a shot of a total amount before selecting another criteria from the listbox. -- Gator Assuming your Notepad file is arranged in columns so it can import correctly, use the TransferText method. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Gator" wrote: > How do I pull records from Notepad...for example, pull records from notepad > where field criteria matches a selection from a form list so I can see a shot > of a total amount ...

How do I create a graph from an equation and not a set of data?
How do I create a graph from an equation and not a set of data? Hi, Stephen Bullen has an example. See ChtFrmla within the Charting section. http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm The example file is, http://www.oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=ChtFrmla.zip Also see Tushar Mehta's Plot manager, http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/plot_manager/index.html Cheers Andy ashemorry wrote: > How do I create a graph from an equation and not a set of data? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Cannot access the "Help" files in Office 2007
Cannot access the "Help" files in Office 2007. I have ran "repair' from the installation CD and still have the same issue. Every time I click the question mark , or hit "F1", for help I get the following message: "There is a problem with one or more installed help files. Please repair your office installation and try again". Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Britaa: My suggestion would be to just completely reinstall Office 2007 beacuse if you have allready tried to repair it im guessing a file somewhere has been deleted. Hope...

Hiding Dbase 111 Records Marked for Deletion
I will be linking several Dbase 111 Tables into a MS Access 2003 Table. Can records that are marked for deletion be hidden? I would add a field for Archive - Yes/No. Bring the data in separately and those marked as 'Delete' set the Archive to Yes. In your queries use criteria on the Archive field. -- Build a little, test a little. "nevw" wrote: > I will be linking several Dbase 111 Tables into a MS Access 2003 Table. > Can records that are marked for deletion be hidden? > ...

set contract to active using sdk
hi, I am trying to set the contract which is in draft state to active by using the following code. SetStateContractRequest setStateRequest = new SetStateContractRequest(); setStateRequest.ContractState = ContractState.Active; setStateRequest.ContractStatus = 3; //active setStateRequest.EntityId = new Guid( ContractID); SetStateContractResponse changed = (SetStateContractResponse)service.Execute(setStateRequest); I am getting the error' n 0x80043203\n The state is invalid, this contract cannot be set to invoice state Please help!! ...

I need more columns
What if you need more than 256 columns? I cannot link the worksheet pages either because I am averaging the numbers 256 is the limit in Excel. You can write an average formula, though it's more work, e.g. =SUM(Sheet1!A1:A500,Sheet2!A1:A500)/COUNT(Sheet1!A1:A500,Sheet2!A1:A500) On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 09:57:04 -0800, "dilbert" <dilbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What if you need more than 256 columns? >I cannot link the worksheet pages either because I am averaging the numbers In fact you don't need to "roll your own" average. this for...

How to wipe out HQ and SO data without the setting and paramters
Hi. Im planning to wipe out my database without clearing out its parameters and settings. I have an existing Store running on HQ and SO. I plan to change the barcodes for all items as they are inconsistent. Therefore i need to wipe out everything without the parameters and configuration settings. Can This be done? If so i need a detailed steps in doing this. This sounds very dangerous. What if you changed all your items so they start with a 'Z-' and then make all those items InActive, that way will not lose any Sales History? Then delete everything from the Alias table if you ar...

Bank Reconciliation-Selected Record Has Been Deleted by Another Us
I have a user where she has been receiving the message "Selected Record Has Been Deleted by Another User" while she is in the bank renconciliation window. I have been able to reproduce the issue but only at this client. If she is in the window and is scrolling up and down and she happens to pause for about 5 seconds or more over one row but never clicks on it, as soon as she does click on it she gets the message. The only way to continue is to leave the screen and start the reconciliation process over again. I have a copy of their data on my server and I cannot get it to do th...

distinct records
Hi Folks, I am trying to query one table for distinct records based on only 2 fields. I want all the columns returned, but I only want to use 2 columns to be referenced for unqiueness. I could reference the whole record for distinctness but the timestamp is of the clock's time is still distinct, BUT they are the same user. So I want to reference their name and phone number only yet still return all the rows and have the results put into a new table. Here is my idea for the SQL: SELECT * INTO Table1 FROM Table WHERE (basically this is where I would want to say where the contact name ...

how do I set up Outlook 2003?
I installed Office Pro 2003 on my office and home computer. The setup on my office computer went great. I can't get Outlook to work on my home computer. I un-installed and then re-installed the entire package on my home computer, but I can't get Outlook to work. I get the screen about migrating account settings, but it will not accept my password. I finally get the error message "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Outlook.ost is not an offline file folder." I have un-installed and re-installed the entire package several times w/o any effect. Is ther...

Please help with Excel formula problem!
I've spent hours and hours trying to figure this out, with no luck. I'd be PROFOUNDLY grateful if anybody can help. You have several cities, say 10, requesting various amounts of funding. You, the fund source, have a total of $1,500,000 in funds to give them. However, the total amount they're all requesting is, say, $1,655,502. You don't have enough; you only have $1,500,000. 1,500,000/1,655,502 = .9061. So, you grant EACH city 90.61% of what it requested, and all the grants total up to $1,500,000. No problem with that one, you can throw up a little spreadsheet in a few se...

Please Help....urgent
Hi, I am doing notes to exchange coexistence & am facing an issue. I have following Microsoft Document NotesDirandMailMigrat word by word & still the connector is not working at all. Issue : As soon as I start to sync directory using Notes connector, several events are logged in event viewer.. few of these are : -no Notes Session Open -Error {GRC:a}: The application failed to initialize. -Initializing Lotus Notes Interface -Failed to initialize the NOTES subsystem I am running Exchange 2003 SP2. The connector i have installed is from Exchange CD and SP2 reapplied after install. ...

NFL Footballpool help
I am making a football Pool for NFL games and need help on the followin items: 1. Need cell f5 on worksheet 2 to automatically show same data as cel f5 on worksheet 1. 2. I run a confidence point league, so players pick game winners, the rank those winners by their confidence. (1-16 for 16 game weekend;1-1 for 14 game weekend) now...I currently manually place a 0 or a 1 next to each players' pick and get a total value for points diplayed in my 'total' Cell. how...Can i make a table of the games played that week, manually inpu the scores of each team, and have this make the 0 ...

Help with SQL
Could someone please critique the following pice of code? The SQL was copied directly from the query Private Sub cmdDeSelect_Click() Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "UPDATE tblCDMRvalues SET tblCDMRvalues.[Select] = No _ WHERE (((tblCDMRvalues.[Select])=Yes) AND ((tblCDMRvalues.ynDelete)=No));" Debug.Print strSQL DoCmd.RunSQL strSQL End Sub Thanks "TeeSee" <bkeanie@glasscellisofab.com> wrote in message news:e87addd3-2aa8-4acb-94ba-e8f35d43eef2@n77g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Could someone please critique the following pice of code? The SQL ...

Help with exchange 2000 standard
I am new to exchange still reading a text book but love exchange and ad services…. My boss setup exchange 3 years before I started working here and all is well….. However I have encountered a problem with the pop3 segment of exchange… A few of our clients use a Treo 650 with different providers as their carrier. I configure pop3 access from within their mobile devices and it works. The devices are set to leave email on the exchange (instead of like behaving like outlook express would….). The problem here is that the emails on the exchange server are flagged as read. I monitored a us...

Need a good Outlook search tool
Hey everyong, We have a number of .pst files that we need to do some custom searches on. Anyone know of such a tool? We are dealing with an Open Records request. TIA, Clayton Email Discovery software is what I need. Clayton "news.microsoft.com" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:uXE7nZ3FJHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hey everyong, > > We have a number of .pst files that we need to do some custom searches on. > Anyone know of such a tool? > > We are dealing with an Open Records request. > > > TIA, > > Clayton > I'...