my cd with pictures will not down load says windows is not up to

need help see subject
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Bobby Lou,

Two issues here...

1.  This is a newsgroup for Microsft Access a database software.  I would
suggest you contact your camera Vendor or post in the Windows newsgroup.

2.  Use the big white space to post your question, not a reference to go
read the Subject Line.  The Subject Line is only so long and mine cuts off
so anyone reading it will not get the entire issue you are having.  I would
also suggest you post relevant information, like Windows version and what
hardware your pictures are on.

--
Gina Whipp

II

"Bobby Lou" <Bobby Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> need help see subject

0
Gina

How see alt-text for picture in existing Word doc
I'm using Word 2007 on Vista. I want to see if a doc I am working with, one I did not create, has alt text for the photos embedded in the doc. I can't find any alt-text or titles for the photos but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place? Of course, I tried to find the answer in Word's Help. But all it talks about is how to add alt-text, not how to see if it's there already. No wonder these forums are so popular. Thanks in advance. For pictures, I don't think you can create or view Alt Text unless you save the document in a Word 97-2003 format. After yo...

=?windows-1252?Q?Sales_Transaction_Entry_=96_Amount_Received_=96_Depo?= =?windows-1252?Q?sit_vs_Payment_Confusion?=
I=92m confused as to how and why GP handles differently the Amount Received in Sales Transaction Entry if the amount is specified as a deposit vs a payment. Deposits are posted immediately but payments are not? Huh? Why is this handled differently? There is different combinations: Order vs Invoice AND deposit vs payment. Can someone please help me understand this. G Dear GiJeet It is simple. What will you use if you received an advance from a customer on a sales order? Deposits option enables you to recieve any advance payments from Customers on Orders and Backorders that can be tr...

Copy Text from Pictures Disabled permanently ?
This feature worked beautifully the first time. Since then, no luck. I cannot uncheck the disable box in " Make Text in Picture " searchable. Do you have Service Pack 2 for Office 2007 installed? (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B444BF18-79EA-46C6-8A81-9DB49B4AB6E5&displaylang=en) -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Steve8rox" <Steve8...

Help with a lookup function that will give me multiple answers
Hi all!! happy new year. I am having problems with trying to solve a problem with adding post codes to certain roads. I have one list with Road Names and Post Codes, And the other list conatins only roads but has 3 entrys for each road. My Problem I want to get the postcodes from list 1 (Roads & Post Codes) to List 2 (Roads with 3 entries for each roads). i tried to use =If(oldroads,newroads,C2,"NO") I am probably doing the wrong thing and it maybe easier to do in VBA. if you can help it would be most greatful here is an example of my database's, i wnat the BEST PC to...

Can't send email on Windows Mail
It seems I am having the same problem as everybody else, I can receive e-mails but no SEND them on Windows Mail... can somebody help me? I've read the other posts and tried all of them, still not having any luck. This is the message I'm getting now: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.ca', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.ca', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 80, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I have no anti-virus installed (yet). Thanks! -- agatha1939 ------------------------------...

insert clip art behind text cannot modify picture
Inserting clip art picture behind text ... then cannot select picture againto modify pictures? why? You need to change the selection tool to the one for selecting objects. In Word 2007, that is done by clicking on the Select pulldown in the Editing section of the Home tab of the Ribbon. In earlier versions of Word, it is done by clicking on the Select Objects arrow, second from the left on the Drawing toolbar (View>toolbars) -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - ...

Windows 7 ans SharePoint 2007
Hi - Has anyone had problems accessing SharePoint after upgrading to Windows 7? Someone I work with cannot access SharePoint (our corporate SharePoint) from their PC since they have upgraded to Windows 7. Is there a setup change that he needs to do? I can't imagine it's a compatibility issue. Has anyone else run into this? Thanks! Mel None that I've seen recorded or experienced. Certainly, IE8 comes with some changes to how some content is displayed, etc. but Windows 7 shouldn't be stopping you from accessing a SharePoint Site. I'd suggest the fol...

0x800c0002 error when running windows update
I get this error when I try to install updates on a just loaded w2k pro sp4 machine. 0x800C0002 - Inet_E_Invalid_URL "mcsvcs" wrote: > I get this error when I try to install updates on a just loaded w2k pro sp4 > machine. > How do you correct this? I tried all of the things I could find(cleared tmp files, stop and started auto update, and restart). "Ǝиçεl" wrote: > 0x800C0002 - Inet_E_Invalid_URL > > > "mcsvcs" wrote: > > > I get this error when I try to install updates on a just loaded w2k ...

Positioning multiple windows
How do we position separate worksheet windows side-by-side vertically (left and right)? When we select the 'View Side by Side" from the ribbon (View Tab), the windows are positioned top and bottom with one above the other. Moreover, we cannot see any way to change this default. Thank you for any help. EXCEL 2007... It works as a toggle button...switching between horizontal and vertical. If you press it once more it will arrange vertically... You can also click on 'Arrange All' and choose Vertical... "Blue Max" wrote: > How do we position separate wor...

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Media Centre update issue.
Dear Sir, I have created two accounts on my own desktop PC (not networked) one with administrator rights and the other one with limited rights. I wish to download windows auto updates with my account with limited rights. Is it possible and if so, how to proceed with? Thanking you and expecting your replies, Yours sincerely, R. GANESAN. No you can't use Microsoft's update programs (Windows Update OR Microsoft Update) unless you have administrator rights. You could set your system to automatically download updates for you (but need to be an administrator to do t...

Windows Update 10-16-03
What is updated and what is not updated using Windows automatic update feature on a server platform. Specifically are the add in modules such as Sequel Server, Exchange Server, ISA, etc. included in the automatic update list of the server or do you have to install those updates seperately? ...

Delete RSS Feed "MSN News" in Outlook 2007 (Windows 7)?
Hi to everybody I have the following problem in Outlook 2007 (Windows 7) - German. Originally, I installed Office 2007 on Vista Ultimate, now I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate. Since then, I get an RSS Feed "MSN News" in Outlook. In the account settings, I find an RSS Feed called Top News. I can delete this, but after every restart of outlook, it's there again (I get about 20 news feeds a day). I never subscribed to this feed and I have no MSN Messenger or Windows Live apps on my system. How can I get rid of this feed? Thanks in advance! Chris -- Rega...

I'm somewhat new in MFC, so I can't figure out how it is done. I found the CBitmap class, but I see I can only load bitmap from resource. I need to be able to read the pixel values in a bitmap and change the values as necessary. Please give me some suggestions. Look at the SetDIBits method joe On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 16:40:31 -0000, the3dfish@yahoo.ca wrote: >I'm somewhat new in MFC, so I can't figure out how it is done. > >I found the CBitmap class, but I see I can only load bitmap from >resource. > >I need to be able to read the pixel values in a bitm...

show a jpg picture on a dialog
Env: WindowsXP, VC++6.00 I wonder how to show a jpg picture on a dialog. TIA ou Check this out: "Displaying a JPG in your MFC Application" http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc301454.aspx - Shoaib "ou" <ou07@ab.auone-net.jp> wrote in message news:%23whuXjYtIHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Env: WindowsXP, VC++6.00 > > I wonder how to show a jpg picture on a dialog. > > TIA > > ou This article uses OleLoadPicture. In a subsequent article, author used GDI+ to do the same, which I believe is much easier. --- Ajay "M. Shoaib ...

Replace Excel File Open with Windows Explorer
I'd like to have much more flexibility in Excel's File Open box. Can it be set to show a folder tree on the left with files on the right, as in Windows Explorer ? Or can I set Excel to use WE to open and save files instead ? I as a professional accountant I access many files in Office each day - nearly all with WE, as both Excel and Word are deficient on this. I use Office 2003 Couldn't you just pop open Windows Explorer and use that to open any workbook you want (just double click on the filename)? (I don't have a suggestion for saving the files, though.) KymY wrote: &...

Windows 98 Outlook Clients
We migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000. Since then, my Windows 98 clients constantly are asked for their username and password in Outlook. Even a new employee with a new mailbox that didn't exist on the old server is experiencing the same problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem? The 98 clients are connected to the domain. Deuce Dear Deuce, Thank you for posting here. Before we go further, in order to get a more concrete idea as to what the exact problem is and how to resolve it efficiently, please let me know the following information. 1. Did your Windows 98...

When will Money on the PPC support international dates!!
This is amazing STILL there is not support for international dates in MS Money 2005 on the PPC. Why doesn't it just use the regional settings. Simply amazing! It has been like this for ever. Assuming your subject was a question, you can probably infer the answer from the last sentence of your message text. "Blah Man" <boxallw@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message news:TR3hg.4001$ap3.1847@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > This is amazing > > STILL there is not support for international dates in MS Money 2005 on the > PPC. Why doesn't it just use the region...

Re: XP to Windows 7
"bobster" <fauxie@bogus.net> wrote in message news:... Bill, See my last post to Anna regarding my "as delivered" Inspiron 530 configuration. The first WD 320g HD I bought was the full kit and contained the eSATA cable and rear adapter/connector. The other identical HDs were bought as "bare drives" which go for as little as $40 and come with nothing but the drive. And, BTW, thanks for your comments as well as those from Peter. =========================================== "Bill in Co." <not_really_here@earthlink.net> wrote i...

Child With 2 Possible Parent Windows
I have a dialog window that is opened by one of 2 parent windows. Depending on which parent window it is, the display parameters are different. What's the best way to determine which parent window opened this window? I tried to use a handle to each and compare the handles, but no luck. CWnd* pWnd=GetParent(); HWND hWnd=pWnd->GetSafeHwnd(); CWnd* pPlayWnd=GetWindow(IDD_PLAY); HWND hplayWnd=pPlayWnd->GetSafeHwnd(); if(pWnd==pPlayWnd)... or maybe if(&pWnd==&pPlayWnd)... Thanks, Matt "matt" <bonmatt10@cs.com> wrote in message news:c2838b8f.0402251129.1a2...

Setting CurDir with a Windows File Open dialog box
How can CurDir be set by using a regualar Windows Open dialog box? For file selection I'm using the File Open dialog code from: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm, but this only allows selection of files. I want a dialog box for the user to select a folder and use the result to set CurDir. After that I populate a listbox with: Dim StuffToFind, FoundStuff As String StuffToFind = CurDir & "\*.cls" FoundStuff = Dir(StuffToFind) Do While FoundStuff <> "" List1.AddItem (FoundStuff) FoundStuff = Dir Loop How can I set CurDir w...

JPG Picture not Printing
Advice please. I am preparing an event programme in booklet form using Publisher 2003; a programme which I frequently use. The middle two pages are devoted to a map diagram showing the layout of the event. This has been prepared professionally and converted into a JPG formatted picture. When I insert the picture into the two pages and resize to fit it is displayed perfectly on the two page view of the Publisher screen. However, when I display using the print preview button all I see is a blank page. When I print out the paper is also blank. I have tried various permutations of tools ...

Set up a CD
How would you set up a CD in Money05? I followed the account setup which led me down an investment account path but, is that the right way to go? How would I update the interest? Thanks! RJH RJH wrote: > How would you set up a CD in Money05? > I followed the account setup which led me down an investment account path > but, is that the right way to go? That's the way Money wants you to do it. Assuming a fixed rate CD, when you opened your account at the bank, you bought a CD for a specific term. Enter this as a "buy" in the investment account you setup. When th...

OLE woes--will it ever work well?
We have a simple need--embed Excel worksheets in a Word doc, using Office 2000. Actually, it works--mostly, but in a heavy weight manner. The file size is large. Problem: Formatting on the Excel sheet gets cut in half it appears. I put a wide green border on the sheet. It prints nicely in Excel, but when embedded into a Word doc, it is narrower. Seems that MS never gets OLE stuff quite finished, imo. *** Is there a way to make the borders print correctly? *** I'm making an estimating guide for bidding purposes. There will be dozens of sheets. So one document may have a number of sheet...

Windows in taskbar #6
Windows 2000 Office XP. When opening several xls files only one shows on taskbar. Tools, Options, View, Select or clear the Windows in taskbar check box. Have used the above. Sometimes they show and sometimes they do not. Have another computer with same Windows 2000, Office XP and all xls files show on task bar when above is checked. On the computer that is not working .... Word windows all show on the task bar. Any suggestions what might be happening???? Thanks.. ...

Can excel add-ins be added without installation CD?
A friend with XP-Pro on a laptop, with Office 2003 installed, needs to run the Solver tool. Solver isn't currently installed. They say their installation CDs were stolen. (I believe this is true, if it matters.) I tried to do the add-in on their PC using my Office XP CD, but it wanted the "original installation CD" (IIRC). Is there a way around this? Thanks, George George: I think this is as simple as copying the *.XLA files from your PC to theirs... I could be wrong. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "George" <gbeccles@verizon.net> wrote i...