Multiple (two) back-end MDB's.

How does one go about structuring the concatenation
of back-end DB's? That is, for example, a single
application that has one back-end that is common at
each of multiple locations and a ("site") second back-end
that is peculiar to each of those locations.

The common mdb would desirably be read only while
the "site" mdb would be updateable.

Given that there's a straight forward answer to this
question, my next question would be how to create
the common mdb based on a query of a "master"
DB. (The "master" location being the point of
control for the contents of the "common" DB.)

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

Bill

0
Bill
5/13/2010 7:51:42 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

The linked table wizard will let you link to multiple
BE, so that is a place to start.

The linked table wizard is very slow if you try to
use it to refresh links to multiple BE. If you are
trying to do that, first select a group of links to one
BE, then select a group of links to the other BE.

If you plan to distribute this, perhaps you may plan
to include some of the standard code for relinking,
rather than using the wizard?  (Warning, the standard
Dev Asish code needs some minor modifications to
work with current versions of Access).

You can use user permissions to make one MDB
read-only, or you can use server file permissions
to make one MDB read-only, or you can modify
the table links (removing the primary key index),
or you modify the tables (removing the primary key

Warning: you make read-only every
query that use the read-only tables at all. You need
to test this to see that it does what you want.

Warning, if you put one MDB in a read-only folder,
opening it in R/W mode will lock out all of the
Read-Only users.

Or you can just give the users forms, and tell them
not to modify the read-only tables. With Access
applications, that is often the best way. If it's not
the best way, sometimes it's better to use a SQL
Server BE.

You can create an MDB by copying a master copy,
or by using the DAO CreateDatabase command, and
then a series of CreateTable commands etc, or a
series of DDL commands, or a series of Import
commands. Often it is easiest to just copy a blank
master copy to the desired location.

(david)

"Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote in message
> How does one go about structuring the concatenation
> of back-end DB's? That is, for example, a single
> application that has one back-end that is common at
> each of multiple locations and a ("site") second back-end
> that is peculiar to each of those locations.
>
> The common mdb would desirably be read only while
> the "site" mdb would be updateable.
>
> Given that there's a straight forward answer to this
> question, my next question would be how to create
> the common mdb based on a query of a "master"
> DB. (The "master" location being the point of
> control for the contents of the "common" DB.)
>
> Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.
>
> Bill

0
david
5/13/2010 9:24:13 AM
uh, you can't use multiple Access databases and still enforce
referential integrity.

with SQL Server, you can use triggers to do the same thing.

If you don't give a shit about referential integrity, you should go
and play with excel, kid

On May 13, 12:51=A0am, "Bill" <billstan...@psln.com> wrote:
> How does one go about structuring the concatenation
> of back-end DB's? That is, for example, a single
> application that has one back-end that is common at
> each of multiple locations and a ("site") second back-end
> that is peculiar to each of those locations.
>
> The common mdb would desirably be read only while
> the "site" mdb would be updateable.
>
> Given that there's a straight forward answer to this
> question, my next question would be how to create
> the common mdb based on a query of a "master"
> DB. (The "master" location being the point of
> control for the contents of the "common" DB.)
>
> Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.
>
> Bill

I'm concerned that you may be talking about linking to an MDB or ACCDB back
end (the "site") back end over a WAN or across the Internet.  In either
case, performance will likely be a problem... there are solutions for
accessing data across a WAN or the Internet, but they differ from just
linking a back-end MDB or ACCDB as you would on a high-speed LAN.

--
  Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
  Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by Wiley

"Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote in message
> How does one go about structuring the concatenation
> of back-end DB's? That is, for example, a single
> application that has one back-end that is common at
> each of multiple locations and a ("site") second back-end
> that is peculiar to each of those locations.
>
> The common mdb would desirably be read only while
> the "site" mdb would be updateable.
>
> Given that there's a straight forward answer to this
> question, my next question would be how to create
> the common mdb based on a query of a "master"
> DB. (The "master" location being the point of
> control for the contents of the "common" DB.)
>
> Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.
>
> Bill

0
Larry
5/15/2010 3:42:15 AM
Oh no, I'm well aware of the problems in linking up MDB's
over a WAN. In this case, the back-end MDB's are on a
single user machine.

I didn't do a very good job of describing exactly what I wanted to
do. The two MDB's are identical in table structure. What makes
them different is that the "common" MDB contains records that
are a subset of a master MDB.

The end users, if I can call them that, simply have the "common"
MDB records combined with the "local" set when the records
are displayed......sort of like a big address book where some of
the records are common to all users.

"Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message
> I'm concerned that you may be talking about linking to an MDB or ACCDB
> back end (the "site") back end over a WAN or across the Internet.  In
> either case, performance will likely be a problem... there are solutions
> for accessing data across a WAN or the Internet, but they differ from just
> linking a back-end MDB or ACCDB as you would on a high-speed LAN.
>
> --
>  Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
>  Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by
> Wiley
>  Access newsgroup support is alive and well in USENET
> comp.databases.ms-access
>

> "Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote in message
>> How does one go about structuring the concatenation
>> of back-end DB's? That is, for example, a single
>> application that has one back-end that is common at
>> each of multiple locations and a ("site") second back-end
>> that is peculiar to each of those locations.
>>
>> The common mdb would desirably be read only while
>> the "site" mdb would be updateable.
>>
>> Given that there's a straight forward answer to this
>> question, my next question would be how to create
>> the common mdb based on a query of a "master"
>> DB. (The "master" location being the point of
>> control for the contents of the "common" DB.)
>>
>> Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.
>>
>> Bill

0
Bill
5/15/2010 4:12:32 AM
On Fri, 14 May 2010 21:12:32 -0700, "Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote:

>Oh no, I'm well aware of the problems in linking up MDB's
>over a WAN. In this case, the back-end MDB's are on a
>single user machine.
>
>I didn't do a very good job of describing exactly what I wanted to
>do. The two MDB's are identical in table structure. What makes
>them different is that the "common" MDB contains records that
>are a subset of a master MDB.
>
>The end users, if I can call them that, simply have the "common"
>MDB records combined with the "local" set when the records
>are displayed......sort of like a big address book where some of
>the records are common to all users.

You're clearly using frontend and backend differently than most! Typically a
backend has tables; the frontend doesn't - it has links to the tables in the
backend, queries, forms, reports, and so on.

It can certainly have tables of its own, and you can create queries joining a
local table to a linked table. You cannot enforce referential integrity across
two databases though. You can also have one frontend linked to two different
backends, and again, you can create queries but not enforce RI between them.

You could even create a UNION query stringing together records from two
different backends into one longer recordset - but that "table" would not
exist in the frontend, only virtually, and performance would probably be
abysmally bad.

Finally storing a subset of one table *IN* another table would be redundant,
very hard to work with, and extremely bad design.

Could you step back a bit and describe the real-life problem you're trying to
solve? It's likely that Access can help... but probably not the way you're
doing it!
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
You wrote:
You could even create a UNION query stringing together records from two
different back-bends into one longer recordset - but that "table" would not
exist in the frontend, only virtually, and performance would probably be
abysmally bad.

That is really what I was up to. Most of my applications are split DB's with
mde front-ends and mdb back-ends where the normalized tables reside.
Each end-user has its own MDB back-end and the application levels are
distributed as zipped mde, plus any other library files pertinent to the
application.

I have a case here where I'd like to control the content of a subset of
the data taking the form of TWO back-end mdb's where I distribute
ONE of the back-end mdb's common to ALL users. If a UNION
query of the two back-ends would be a performance nightmare,
I'll abandon the idea entirely.

Bill

> On Fri, 14 May 2010 21:12:32 -0700, "Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote:
>
>>Oh no, I'm well aware of the problems in linking up MDB's
>>over a WAN. In this case, the back-end MDB's are on a
>>single user machine.
>>
>>I didn't do a very good job of describing exactly what I wanted to
>>do. The two MDB's are identical in table structure. What makes
>>them different is that the "common" MDB contains records that
>>are a subset of a master MDB.
>>
>>The end users, if I can call them that, simply have the "common"
>>MDB records combined with the "local" set when the records
>>are displayed......sort of like a big address book where some of
>>the records are common to all users.
>
> You're clearly using frontend and backend differently than most! Typically
> backend has tables; the frontend doesn't - it has links to the tables in
> the
> backend, queries, forms, reports, and so on.
>
> It can certainly have tables of its own, and you can create queries
> joining a
> local table to a linked table. You cannot enforce referential integrity
> across
> two databases though. You can also have one frontend linked to two
> different
> backends, and again, you can create queries but not enforce RI between
> them.
>
> You could even create a UNION query stringing together records from two
> different backends into one longer recordset - but that "table" would not
> exist in the frontend, only virtually, and performance would probably be
> abysmally bad.
>
> Finally storing a subset of one table *IN* another table would be
> redundant,
> very hard to work with, and extremely bad design.
>
> Could you step back a bit and describe the real-life problem you're trying
> solve? It's likely that Access can help... but probably not the way you're
> doing it!
> --
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Bill
5/15/2010 10:20:48 AM
On Sat, 15 May 2010 03:20:48 -0700, "Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote:

>I have a case here where I'd like to control the content of a subset of
>the data taking the form of TWO back-end mdb's where I distribute
>ONE of the back-end mdb's common to ALL users. If a UNION
>query of the two back-ends would be a performance nightmare,
>I'll abandon the idea entirely.

Well, it's worth a try - it will depend on the data, the network, your users'
expectations and so on. Don't abandon the idea untried.

If performance is unacceptable you might be able to import the needed data
into a local temp table, in the user's frontend or a "throwaway" backend on
their machine.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Speaking of UNION queries, I've not had the occasion where I needed
to specify anything in the way of a DB other than the implied "current DB".
Can you point me to an example of where this is done?

Thanks,
Bill

(PS) I'll leave this post flagged and will post back with the results, but
it
might be several days, as I have other more pressing tasks at hand.

> On Sat, 15 May 2010 03:20:48 -0700, "Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote:
>
>>I have a case here where I'd like to control the content of a subset of
>>the data taking the form of TWO back-end mdb's where I distribute
>>ONE of the back-end mdb's common to ALL users. If a UNION
>>query of the two back-ends would be a performance nightmare,
>>I'll abandon the idea entirely.
>
> Well, it's worth a try - it will depend on the data, the network, your
> users'
> expectations and so on. Don't abandon the idea untried.
>
> If performance is unacceptable you might be able to import the needed data
> into a local temp table, in the user's frontend or a "throwaway" backend
> on
> their machine.
> --
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Bill
5/15/2010 5:59:45 PM
On Sat, 15 May 2010 10:59:45 -0700, "Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote:

>The amount of data is fairly small, so I'll try a simple UNION first
>and see what happens.
>
>Speaking of UNION queries, I've not had the occasion where I needed
>to specify anything in the way of a DB other than the implied "current DB".
>Can you point me to an example of where this is done?

I'd just link to the table and include the link name in the UNION, though you
could skip that by using the IN clause:

SELECT field, field, field FROM Localtable
UNION ALL
SELECT field, field, field FROM remotetable IN "C:\path\otherbackend.mdb"

--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

I ought to be able to get to this little task in about a week.

Thanks for your help,
Bill

> On Sat, 15 May 2010 10:59:45 -0700, "Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote:
>
>>The amount of data is fairly small, so I'll try a simple UNION first
>>and see what happens.
>>
>>Speaking of UNION queries, I've not had the occasion where I needed
>>to specify anything in the way of a DB other than the implied "current
>>DB".
>>Can you point me to an example of where this is done?
>
> I'd just link to the table and include the link name in the UNION, though
> you
> could skip that by using the IN clause:
>
> SELECT field, field, field FROM Localtable
> UNION ALL
> SELECT field, field, field FROM remotetable IN "C:\path\otherbackend.mdb"
>
> --
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Bill
5/16/2010 12:31:57 AM
John,
Here's the query I'm currently working with:

SELECT [RecordID], [LastName], [FirstName], [SpouseName], [MaidenName],
[Address], [CityState], [ZIP], [HomePhone], [CellPhone], [WorkPhone],
[Company], [EmailHome], [EmailWork], [FaxPhone], [Salutation], [Notes],
[ListingTag], [ImageID], [GAP], [Hornet]
FROM Addrlst

UNION ALL SELECT [RecordID], [LastName], [FirstName], [SpouseName],
[MaidenName], [Address], [CityState], [ZIP], [HomePhone], [CellPhone],
[WorkPhone], [Company], [EmailHome], [EmailWork], [FaxPhone], [Salutation],
[Notes], [ListingTag], [ImageID], [GAP], [Hornet]
FROM Addrlst IN "C:\Addrlst-II\HornetsNetData.mdb"
ORDER BY [LastName], [FirstName];

The query itself works fine, but the resulting recordset
is not updateable. I assume that Access simply can't
determine which mdb the record came from?

Bill

> On Sat, 15 May 2010 10:59:45 -0700, "Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote:
>
>>The amount of data is fairly small, so I'll try a simple UNION first
>>and see what happens.
>>
>>Speaking of UNION queries, I've not had the occasion where I needed
>>to specify anything in the way of a DB other than the implied "current
>>DB".
>>Can you point me to an example of where this is done?
>
> I'd just link to the table and include the link name in the UNION, though
> you
> could skip that by using the IN clause:
>
> SELECT field, field, field FROM Localtable
> UNION ALL
> SELECT field, field, field FROM remotetable IN "C:\path\otherbackend.mdb"
>
> --
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Bill
5/18/2010 11:41:14 PM
Union queries are never updatable.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/djsteele

> John,
> Here's the query I'm currently working with:
>
> SELECT [RecordID], [LastName], [FirstName], [SpouseName], [MaidenName],
> [Address], [CityState], [ZIP], [HomePhone], [CellPhone], [WorkPhone],
> [Company], [EmailHome], [EmailWork], [FaxPhone], [Salutation], [Notes],
> [ListingTag], [ImageID], [GAP], [Hornet]
> FROM Addrlst
>
> UNION ALL SELECT [RecordID], [LastName], [FirstName], [SpouseName],
> [MaidenName], [Address], [CityState], [ZIP], [HomePhone], [CellPhone],
> [WorkPhone], [Company], [EmailHome], [EmailWork], [FaxPhone],
> [Salutation], [Notes], [ListingTag], [ImageID], [GAP], [Hornet]
> FROM Addrlst IN "C:\Addrlst-II\HornetsNetData.mdb"
> ORDER BY [LastName], [FirstName];
>
> The query itself works fine, but the resulting recordset
> is not updateable. I assume that Access simply can't
> determine which mdb the record came from?
>
> Bill
>

> "John W. Vinson" <jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 15 May 2010 10:59:45 -0700, "Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote:
>>
>>>The amount of data is fairly small, so I'll try a simple UNION first
>>>and see what happens.
>>>
>>>Speaking of UNION queries, I've not had the occasion where I needed
>>>to specify anything in the way of a DB other than the implied "current
>>>DB".
>>>Can you point me to an example of where this is done?
>>
>> I'd just link to the table and include the link name in the UNION, though
>> you
>> could skip that by using the IN clause:
>>
>> SELECT field, field, field FROM Localtable
>> UNION ALL
>> SELECT field, field, field FROM remotetable IN "C:\path\otherbackend.mdb"
>>
>> --
>>
>>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Douglas
5/18/2010 11:48:37 PM
Indeed, that makes sense.

Bill

"Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_gmail.com> wrote in message
> Union queries are never updatable.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://www.AccessMVP.com/djsteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote in message
>> John,
>> Here's the query I'm currently working with:
>>
>> SELECT [RecordID], [LastName], [FirstName], [SpouseName], [MaidenName],
>> [Address], [CityState], [ZIP], [HomePhone], [CellPhone], [WorkPhone],
>> [Company], [EmailHome], [EmailWork], [FaxPhone], [Salutation], [Notes],
>> [ListingTag], [ImageID], [GAP], [Hornet]
>> FROM Addrlst
>>
>> UNION ALL SELECT [RecordID], [LastName], [FirstName], [SpouseName],
>> [MaidenName], [Address], [CityState], [ZIP], [HomePhone], [CellPhone],
>> [WorkPhone], [Company], [EmailHome], [EmailWork], [FaxPhone],
>> [Salutation], [Notes], [ListingTag], [ImageID], [GAP], [Hornet]
>> FROM Addrlst IN "C:\Addrlst-II\HornetsNetData.mdb"
>> ORDER BY [LastName], [FirstName];
>>
>> The query itself works fine, but the resulting recordset
>> is not updateable. I assume that Access simply can't
>> determine which mdb the record came from?
>>
>> Bill
>>

>> "John W. Vinson" <jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in message

>>> I'd just link to the table and include the link name in the UNION,
>>> though you
>>> could skip that by using the IN clause:
>>>
>>> SELECT field, field, field FROM Localtable
>>> UNION ALL
>>> SELECT field, field, field FROM remotetable IN
>>> "C:\path\otherbackend.mdb"
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Bill
5/19/2010 12:01:37 AM
"Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote:

>How does one go about structuring the concatenation
>of back-end DB's? That is, for example, a single
>application that has one back-end that is common at
>each of multiple locations and a ("site") second back-end
>that is peculiar to each of those locations.

Just to throw out an idea.   Consider setting up a SQL Server system
where your users access all the data from anywhere they have Internet
Access.

This could solve a lot of other issues such as backup.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony

The user has no sense that the back-ends are
essentially being switched whenever access to
the "common" mdb is in play.
Bill

"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> "Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote:
>
>>How does one go about structuring the concatenation
>>of back-end DB's? That is, for example, a single
>>application that has one back-end that is common at
>>each of multiple locations and a ("site") second back-end
>>that is peculiar to each of those locations.
>
> Just to throw out an idea.   Consider setting up a SQL Server system
> where your users access all the data from anywhere they have Internet
> Access.
>
> This could solve a lot of other issues such as backup.
>
> Tony
> --
> Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
> Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
> Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/
> For a convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files
>  updated see http://www.autofeupdater.com/
> Granite Fleet Manager http://www.granitefleet.com/

0
Bill

Internet - Take Advantage of Multiple Windows When Surfing
-- Internet - Take Advantage of Multiple Windows When Surfing SUMMARY: Stop jumping back and forth between index pages by using several browser windows. Why use one web browser window when you can have multiple? If you have an adequate amount of memory, open up several web browsers to maximize your surfing experience. One great way to do this is via a start page. Select a page from where you would like to begin browsing, such as a table of contents or links page. Now, instead of left-clicking on links or entries to view other pages, right-click the links. From the pop-up menu that a...

sorting two columns
Hi I would like to know if there is a way to sort two different culumn side by side. my problem is that in column one there is 8700 record and the second has 3700 records, what command can I use to make the second column records line up sid by side to the first column? Regards JD example: a b b d c e d -- jdimin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jdimino's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2951 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52525 ...

Multiple search change calendar view
Hi Here's my problem : I go 2 calendar My view is day/week/month with preview When I do more than one search with the little search (not advanced) box, go to another folder then go back to calendar, view is changed to "active appointements". How can i prevent this ? Thanks Fred ...

If a user delete a mail....how do i get it back?
Hi all I have a exch2003 + outlook2003 setup. i have a issue where a user deleted a mail and from Deleted items also. I tried to lg onto OWA and recover it from there but was unable to do so because it was 7-10 days back. is there anything i can do in exchange to keep message e.g 30 days after it has been deleted. Thank you for your ideas. Search for "deleted item retention" in Exchange Help. - Jason "MSExchange2003Student" <exchangestudent@newsgroups.com> wrote in message news:%23jXF4C5bHHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi all > > I have a exch...

Multiple aliases in Exchange 2003
I work for a company that provides both internet and television service. We run aan old version of qmail for our email server.(This is before I started working here) Recently the two areas split and formed two seperate companies. I am with the TV side and am in the process of moving us to Exchange 2k3. There are two employees of the internet company that helped found the overall company, that do not want to loose their email addresses and aliases. I have created domain accounts for them, but do not give them their passwords. I then created a contact to forward the incoming email to....

Excel VBA
Hi VBAers, I put some code in a workbook that I now want to re-use. My problem is I cannot remember which workbook it's in & thus, it could be in one of 30 workbooks. I was wondering if anyone can suggest a better way to find the code rather than searching for it 30 times please? Also, I think best practice is that I put my favourite code into my personal.xls file - is that correct? kazzy was thinking very hard : > Hi VBAers, > > I put some code in a workbook that I now want to re-use. My problem is > I cannot remember which workbook it's in & thus, it could be ...

Timesheet with multiple in/out daily
I have downloaded Pearsall's timesheet, which is wonderful. However, I need to have 3 sets of In/Out columns. I added the two additional columns, but now can't figure out how to correct the calculations. Also, is it possible to input the data without needing to use a colon? I don't care if I'd have to use military times. I have a ton of times to enter, and using only the numeric keypad would be most efficient. Thanks! Do you mean Chip Pearson's OT timesheet at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm ? If so you need to explain what you added You can us...

Printing the first two rows as headers.
I would like to have the first two rows print at the top of every page of my print out. I know this is a basic function, yet I can not seem to find it in the help function. Could someone please post how to do this /AND/ tell me what key words to put in the search/help function that would show the answer as well. Thanks Michael -- J. Michael Morse michael@stignatius.cc <mailto:michael@stignatius.cc> St. Ignatius <C:/Parish%20Administration/Graphics/Bulletin/Ignatius2C.jpg> "Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier." - Mother Teresa Hi ...

Count with difficult/multiple citeria
Hi, I have a complicated question for help. I hope that I make it sound ok. First thing to remember is that this sheet is linked to another, which is in-turn link to another...ive been filtering data! so what i have is: >From B3:B200 a list of brands >From column F2 to to Z2 I have a list of shop names and then their respective sales in F3:Z200 What I want is for it to idenitfy where there are only sales in one store (so where there are it will say one)...that is easy I can do that! but the next bit is where I am stuck. The brands can be the same, so there could be more tha...

Item being recognized in multiple accounts
hello, I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction with this requirement. We are currently looking to implement a new Chart of Accounts in GP and one of the requirements is that an item can be recognized against multiple accounts depending on some parameters (departments, function) of how it's sold. In our current configuration all of our items just hit one account. To support this I see two approaches ... either we dynamically construct the account the item has to hit on input and override the accounts in the transaction or we have multiple versions of the sam...

Generate multiple ACH Files (NACHA files) based on routing numbers
We are using GP 9.0 with Direct Deposit Module. We would like to find if there a way in GP to Generate multiple ACH Files (NACHA files) based on routing numbers setup for employee's in Great Plains. We are currently setup to generate 1 ACH file per company. Customer support response was that there is no solution in any version of GP. If someone can of any assistance with this request, it would be great appreciated. Thanks. Azfar Azfar, You could write a VBScript or VB program that will take the output file and split it in multiple files based on routing number. This should be...

Charting Multiple Series Data with Dates?
Hello I am plotting 5 data series on the same line chart. Dates are plotted on the x axis and concentrations of chloride on the y axis. The dates are formatted like "5/12/2003" as "general" data in the "alignment" menu of "format". The trick is, each data set does not have the exact same date range. For example, one sampling site may have 10 data points that range from 4/2/1991 to 5/12/2003 where as another sampling site may have 12 data points ranging from 4/30/1991 to 5/1/2003. That is to say that the sampling dates for each sampling site are not ...

how to add two business cards to Outlook 2003 signature card
I have two businesses, one a dealer and the other a manufaturer's rep. Is there a way to add another business card graphic (I use a scanner to scan my business cards to put into signature)? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe t...

Pivot table from Multiple Consolidation Ranges
Dear All Excel Experts, Creating a Pivot Table from 1 data table in 1 worksheet gives me the Pivot Table the way I want it, meaning as many Page Fields as I defined them at the top left of the Pivot Table. These Page Fields represent the column lables and in the drop-down I can choose the data under that lable of the respective column. Now I wish to have precise the same Pivot Table, but this time from data tables spread over several worksheets, whereby the format of these data tables are exactly the same. But now the drop-down of the Page Fields at the top left of the Pivot Table g...

Multiple calendars, how to choose which one meetings go into
Hi I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting request how can i change which calendar the meeting goes into, at the moment they all go into what i guess is the default calendar which i want to change to a different one any ideas? thanks Chris You really can't change it. Outlook treats certain folders special. "Chris S" <fred@fred.com> wrote in message news:43cf7167$0$23294$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... > Hi > > I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting > request how can i change which calend...

Receiving Multiple Copies Of Certain Emails
I just switched from Pocomail to Outlook 2007, and find that certain emails (and only certain emails) are downloaded more than once. Specifically, this relates to auto-generated messages from my two blog accounts. I have a Blogger account and a LiveJournal account, both set up to notify me when comments are posted. I'm find I'm receiving four copies of the Blogger notification, and two copies of the LJ notification. This does not happen with emails from any other sender. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks. Hi Merk, have a look on this site : "Why does my Outlook keep r...

Generating Multiple MS Reports
I have two tables in MS Access and would like to generate a master report separated on individual pages for eahc user. Table 1: PeopleID Fields: NameID, Last Name, First Name Table 2: Contributions Fields: NameID, Date, Amount I would like to be able to generate a report that would print a page for each NameID so they can use for tax purposes that shows their contributions to a fund. Any help on writing this query and report would be helpful. Thanks, michael_quackenbush@yahoo.com wrote: >I have two tables in MS Access and would like to generate a master >report separated ...

Two language sort and search
Hi. We have Russuan version CRM 3.0. Accordingly we have Russian alphabet to fast search account and contact on first simbol of name. (It is on the bottom part of default page). But some accounts have English name. Managers want to see English alphabet too. Can i add English alphabet beside Russian? Thank you! Unfortunately No. The next release of the product "Titan" , should handle multi-language , not the current Release. Krishna www.krishna-crm.com No you cannot add English alphabets to the Jump bar. The alphabets in the Jump bar are preset when the product gets local...

Can I use conditional formatting between two sheets to track chan.
I need to be able to track changes between two sheets. One will be locked and the other able to to be edited. I want to turn any cells blue that are changed and not equal to the static sheet. Conditional formatting won't let me go between two sheets. Is there any other way to do it? Thanks. D Yes you can, you need to use a defined name (insert>name>define) and not something like =Sheet2!A2 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dawleen" <dawleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B66F2D3-8A26-4752-A3D7-FE5B1A4622A0@microsoft.com... > I need to be able ...

Do not allow two users in the same A/R cash receipt batch
1) Go to Transactions/Sales/Cash Receipts. Enter a cash receipt for a customer and save it to a batch. 2) Exit the batch and log back into it as though you are going to edit the information. 3) Go into the same cash receipt batch as a second user. Notice that you are not stopped from doing this even though another user is currently editing the batch. EXPECTED RESULTS: The second user would not be allowed into the cash receipt batch while the first user is editing the batch. ACTUAL RESULTS: The second user can enter the same cash receipt batch as the first user. This opens up the...

Search end/beginning of cell
I know I can do this with functions but is there anyway to do search/replace indicating this? In word I just do ^pWord or Word^p but not sure how/if I can do this in Excel For searching, you can look at the whole cell (match entire cell contents) And look for something like: MSNY* This will find the cells that start with MSNY *MSNY will find the cells that end with MSNY The replace is gonna be a problem for you (I bet). What do you want to start with and what do you want to end with? (save your work before you start. I'm guessing that it won't do what ...

merging multiple documents without losing formatting
This is my first post, so thanks in advance for your help... Firstly, I'm using word 2007. I have in excess of 40 documents to merge into one, and create a table of contents. each of the original documents has different formatting, orientations and margins. to make things more difficult some use different font styles. the numbering on the font styles has been removed on the original files but when I "insert" "text from file" I lose the original formatting and the numbering on the font styles re-appears on the new document. the inserted text (and ta...

Link two combo boxes on a form
I have one combo box with a list of Product Names another combo box with a list of Product Part Numbers. How can I link them so user can select one Product from first combo box and the other combo box will display the corresponding Part Number? Or is there another why to fill in the field for Part Number automatically once the Product Name is selected? Thanks -- FL ...

SUM and Frequency for Multiple SHeets
Hi....in sheet 1, I have a column that has unique numbers and using the following formula to lookup the field in sheet 46500! Column H and then count the unique frequencies in sheet 46500! column A. =SUM(1*(FREQUENCY(IF(('46500'!$H$2:$H$43207<>"")*('46500'!$H$2:$H$43207=$A4),'46500'!$A$2:$A$43207),'46500'!$A$2:$A$43207)>0)) How do I change that formula so that it also reads additional sheets (46501, 47400, 43100, 43103, 47300) and only counts the unique combination like the formula above does for one sheet? Please Help Yo...

Toggling between multiple notebook windows
I have been a user of QuattroPro for ten years, and I am just now trying to convert everything over to Excel. In QPW, when I have multiple notebooks (files) open at the same time, each notebook's name is shown as a button at the bottom of the screen in the status bar. (The files are also listed under the Window drop down menu at the top.) This makes it really easy to toggle from one file to the next by clicking on the button with the mouse. Can this be done in Excel also?? The only thing I have found so far is the Window drop down menu, and the file names in the taskbar, but bot...