Multiple buttons to control data source on a report.

Hi,

I have a single report I would like to use. The table is structured
with several columns. Is there a way to have multiple buttons on a
form, and configure each button to open the report using a different
data source (different column).

So button 1 would be a report using column 1, and button 2 is for a
report for column 2, and so on.

Thanks.

0
ghmag
8/29/2007 9:06:46 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:06:46 -0700, ghmag <esung911@aol.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a single report I would like to use. The table is structured
>with several columns. Is there a way to have multiple buttons on a
>form, and configure each button to open the report using a different
>data source (different column).
>
>So button 1 would be a report using column 1, and button 2 is for a
>report for column 2, and so on.
>
>Thanks.

What do you mean by "using"? what's in these columns, and how does the report
change if you use a different field ("column")?

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
8/29/2007 11:24:28 PM
"Using" would be the datasource.  The report values are the only thing
that would change. To clarify, here's an example:

Table Name = Population

         City       |      North Side       |       South Side
|      East Side     |        West Side      |
Chicago                       50
20                     20                           10
New York                     20
30                     20                          30
Los Angeles                 20
30                     30                           20

My form would have four buttons, one for each "Side". And each button
would open the report, and display the data for the side selected.

0
ghmag
8/30/2007 2:22:17 PM
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 07:22:17 -0700, ghmag <esung911@aol.com> wrote:

>"Using" would be the datasource.  The report values are the only thing
>that would change. To clarify, here's an example:
>
>Table Name = Population
>
>         City       |      North Side       |       South Side
>|      East Side     |        West Side      |
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Chicago                       50
>20                     20                           10
>New York                     20
>30                     20                          30
>Los Angeles                 20
>30                     30                           20
>
>My form would have four buttons, one for each "Side". And each button
>would open the report, and display the data for the side selected.

I'd suggest that you normalize your table design. You're storing data -
regions - in fieldnames. That's incorrect! What if you decide at some point
that you need *Central*, or NorthEast, SouthEast, etc.?

A proper table design would have fields City, Region, and Population:

Chicago; North Side; 50
Chicago; South Side; 20
Chicago; East Side; 20
Chicago; West Side; 10
New York; North Side; 20

and so on.

Then you could base your report on a parameter query selecting the city *and*
the region to display the values just for that region.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

access 2007 crashes
when i change by code the controlsource of a textbox while opening the report, access crashes. is there a way to solve this (besides opening first in lay-out view)? michel Yes, this is one of the bugs in A2007. AFAIK, no resolution has been provided for this problem yet. Hopefully we will see it fixed when MS releases SP1 for Office 2007. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Michel Peeters" <michel@melsbroek.be> wrote in message news...

deleting data, keep formulas
I want to delete the data in a worksheet, but keep the formulas so tha I have a worksheet pattern of formulas that I use frequently -- elviejo4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- elviejo41's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2356 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39389 Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlNumbers).ClearContents I don't know how large your spreadsheet is, but you could try changin the setting to display Formulas (Tools>Options | View tab, in th Win...

How to launch report from add-in?
Hi all, I am trying to launch a report from POS addin(RMS). but it is giving an error related to the storng name of the assembly. Can anyone please tell me how I can use the native crystal report engine that is there with POS. so that I need not embed my own crystal report dll. Any other suggestion would help. thanks Hi, The company that made some addins for me and use some printing from the addin, added the software: Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 2.0 (x86) After installing CRRedist2005_x86.msi into my system I can use their reports. Koit Lahesoo "KSS" <KSS@dis...

data validation #26
I have two cells in my spreadsheet where field personnel will enter data. I'm using Data Validation, Allow Date, to control what they enter. The cells are: A1 Year Begin A2 Proposed Year End They will put the year they began in the "Year Begin", but I want to limit what they can enter in "Proposed Year End" to no more than 12 years, that's the max we allow them to take. Under Data, I chose "between". For "Start date" I entered "1/1/2004", just so they don't erroneously type in previous years. For "End date", what do...

Data analysis by 2-dimensional data table + database
Hello, in an old Excel-manual (possibly way back to version 3) by Microsoft there was an excellent example of a 2-dimensional datatable (in German: Mehrfachoperation) with input variables based on database results. Now I would need to apply this technique, but my old manual is lost, and I can't figure out by heart exactly how this was done. Does somebody still have an old manual from which to draw the model, or can let me know the deatils of the trick? Thank you in advance. Kind regards, H.G. Lamy H., I think that you are talking about a cross-tab table....

voting buttons not recording.
On occasions when voting Yes/No buttons (Outlook 2002) have been used the replies do not always tally on the original sender's e-mail. Any suggestions as to why and any fix. ...

group & summarize diff rows of data that have something in common
I am trying to arrange a large amount of data (inventory) in 2 different ways. 1) Group all identical parts into one row and 2) Group all identical locations into one row. I dont know how to do this. I am dealing with over 3,000 rows. Any suggestions? Depending on your workbook layout, you may be able to use a pivot table to summarize the data. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and Jon Peltier has information and links: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm pkunAAC wrote: > I am trying to arrange a large amount of data (inventory) in 2 different &g...

Print multiple labels for each order line
I am trying to design a label report in Crystal which runs off a sales order. The label report prints the item number. I need the report to print as many labels as the quantity on the sales line so if there are 2 lines on the sales order for quantity 10 and 15, then I want 10 copies of labels for the first item and 15 for the next. How can I build this into my crystal report. I was unable to get the same process of printing labels in an efficient manner; so I came up with another idea of getting it done. Let me know if you are interested to explore my idea. "Jack" wrote: &g...

Report Footer Help Needed Please
I have a report (a bill of lading) that I want to print 4 copies of. But at the bottom of each page I need a different statement printed (1st copy - "Original", 2nd copy "Customer Copy", 3rd copy "File Copy", etc.) Can anyone guide me in the right direction to accomplish this? Duane: Thanks for your quick response. I tried this, but I can not get it to work. Any other suggestions? Thanks, T "Duane Hookom" <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message news:988241CB-1FD8-4EA7-98AD-7310A005CAA2@microsoft.com... > Allen Browne has a ...

Listbox Control Array?
How can I make a control array or group or something where I can have two groups of ten list boxes on a form that have the same names but different index numbers for referencing? You build the collections yourself: '********************* Option Explicit Dim SomeLists As New Collection Dim OtherLists As New Collection Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() SomeLists.Add Me.ListBox1 SomeLists.Add Me.ListBox2 SomeLists.Add Me.ListBox3 OtherLists.Add Me.ListBox4 OtherLists.Add Me.ListBox5 OtherLists.Add Me.ListBox6 End Sub Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim i As Long For i = 1 To 3 ...

Automating Multiple Sales Processes
Hi All, One manager wants to have emails automatically sent to him. This should happend whenever any probabilty of an opportunity of his business unit, changes. Can CRM 3.0 automaically pick this change in probability. If not then how can i get CRM 3.0 to automatically assign a different sales process for different units or products? Faiz, I think you may have the wrong forum. This is for Microsoft Dynamics RMS and POS products. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises 320-230-2288 rsakry@rite.us www.rite.us "Faiz Amir" <FaizAm...

Excel messes my data up
Hi, I am trying to run vlookup for about 5K cells from range of 20k cells. Now the problem is that some of the cells include only numbers and some both numbers and letters, like AB11002. I also have empty spaces on the data so I have to run trim on both data before running vlookup. Just after trimming both data vlookup runs correctly, but if I "touch" any cell containing only numbers excel propably converts it to number and at this point excel don't think those two cells that before was equal are equal any more. So how in the earth I could convert my mixed data in the format e...

how to change range for dynamic chart in excel 2000 with button?
i need a help please. i have problem in excel chart. i add data to the table. and then if i want to update my chart i need to change the range too, isn't it? is there any solution for that? i've already use dynamic chart. but it always show data from Jan04 till Jan05. If I add Feb05 it will change from Feb04 to Feb05. what about if i want to see Dec03 till Dec04? is there any command or something else like using macro or vb? thank you in advance.. ivan Ivan, You should be able to set the dynamic chart to show just about any range you want. These articles should help: http://pu...

How to update the data of a combo box
In a form I have tab pages One is for consultation data it is a subform link to consultation table. The other page is Examen subform in which you have a combo box that will list the consultations of a client. The problem is when I add a new consultaion record for a client it does not appear in the list. I have to select another client and then come back to the preveous client to see the new entry. For this combo I run Me.my_combo_box.requery on the current and load event. Somehow this does not refresh or update or ??? my list. What should I do ? Thank you. -- eric ...

Data Access Page 09-11-07
Good Morning Community, Is there any way to include a search function on a Data access Page? I have a file that I want to put on a Data access page that will be published on a shared drive, the problem is that the file has about 1000 records and to search through each one would defeat the purpose of putting the page up. Is there anyway to include a search function that would jump to a particular record as access does on its forms. Thanks in advance for any response Perhaps this sample database will serve as a starting point: http://www.cadellsoftware.org/SampleDBs.htm#FilterDAP...

multiple e-mails #5
I send out one e-mail to one particular user and the user responds back saying they got 4 e-mails all saying the same thing. It seems to happen only on this one account I haven't gotten anyone saying the are receiving 4 e-mails all saying the same thing. Curious as to why multiple e-mails are being sent to this person. ISP says this: Sounds like your email software or network connection may be causing this problem. If someone receives multiple copies of an email message, it's generally because Outlook (or other email software) failed to receive an acknowledgement (due to net...

Linking Cells from Multiple Sheets
Hello I have a workbook with 95 sheets containing information for different customers and I would like to extract information from 3 cells in each sheet to a 96th sheet to use this for a mailmerge document. Basically I want the information in B1 of all the sheets to copy to A2-A96 of the new sheet, i.e. Sheet 1 B1 Baker Sheet 2 B1 Toms Sheet 3 B1 Peters and what I would like on sheet 96 is A2 Baker A3 Toms A4 Peters etc I have tried to use indirect formulae but I cannot get it to work. Please can anyone point me in the right direction. TIA You haven't told us what you we...

BOM print in graphics mode missing data
We are using GP 8 SP 2. When we print a BOM in text mode, everything prints fine but it graphics mode, each page is missing several lines of data as if it expects the page to be longer than 11". Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks. ...

how do I link a text box on a chart to a specific data point?
I have a text box in a chart that I want to move with the data, as additional data is added to the chart. For instance, if the datapoint is January 5, 2008, as I add additional days, I want the text box associated with the January 5, 2008 datapoint to move with the graph. Hi, Text boxes don't track with the data. Replace the text box with a Data Label. Select a single point in a series that is near the location of the text box. Choose Format, Selected Data Point, on the Data Labels tab turn on Value. Click OK. Select the data label and type the text that was in the Text box. ...

How to delete/update controls and related codes?
Hello all, I am using VS 2005 to generate a MFC application. I am wondering after I generating an application using Unicode, how can I delete it without regenerating the application? Also, if I use recourse editor to add some controls and class wizard to add variables to connect these controls, how can I delete or update them completely? If I delete a button from the resource editor, I have to delete some related codes elsewhere. I also found that class wizard will change variables into grey (do not allow to change). What should I do? Thanks in advance. Zhidian Du You just have to...

Summary Range Report difficulties
In GP10, with Canadian Payroll module, I'm trying to do a Summary Range Report under Reports, Payroll-Canada, Cards, Sumamary Range Report. Once I filled in the date range info (1st & 30th of the month), clicked Perform Selection, it did its thing, but when I clicked the RecvGen Batch button, it gave me an error that says: Cannot access this report because the dictionary containing it is no loaded. So, which dictionary has to be loaded in order for this report to be generated? The other buttons for WCB Report, EHT Report, and RecvGen Employee have no problems. Just the RecvGe...

Multiple users updating database
In previous position my IT support created a " shared feature "in a database where multiple users could enter updates at the same time and all changes would be saved. The only limitation was for the multiple users could not successfully update the same field/cell at the same time. I subsequently was informed that creating a shared document to specific users was not necessary. Please assist and clarify what actions are needed to allow all (assigned) users to update a database at the same time. Thank you -- Healthcare Management Director Split the database (there&...

Report Writer, Blank SOP Forms & MBoM Revision Levels
Hello, I am trying to add the revision level listed in table BM010415 of the Manufacturing Series to the Blank SOP Forms used in Dynamics GP. I am frustrated by the lack of capacity to relate GP Tables to Manufacturing Tables in the Report Writer. Can anyone offer any help? (Without using Modifier dependant VBA.) To go into further detail, I can link from the Manufacturing Series into standard GP tables; but I can't link from GP into Manufacturing, which forces the Manufacturing Tables to be primaries and inhibits the ability to reach into Manufacturing. I can add GP Data into...

Import XML data in Excel XP Professional
Hello all, I have a pretty well-formated XML data file and a well designed Excel file (.xls) served as my report template. I would like to import this XML data file into my Excel template. So, the Excel Template will do the Totals and subtotals of the XML data for me. How do I do so in Excel XP Professional version? Thank you sooooooo much~~~~ Annie .. ...

reports in the webclient
Hi! We are using the webclient of CRM but have some problems whit reports. Under the "Workplace" we have report under navigation pane but not under action toolbar. And when I click on the report under navigation pane it says: Error An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. Is there a problem whit the conection to the reportserver or? ...