Multi-select listbox question - last clicked record

I have a multi-select listbox and wish to obtain data from the last clicked
record in the listbox (you'll notice that if you make multiple selections
then only the last-clicked record has a dotted line around it). What, if
any, listbox property identifies this record as last-clicked?

Thanks

Dave

David
6/13/2007 2:08:29 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Right click , drag and drop and cut , copy paste facilities
Why can't we have drag and drop , cut and paste facilities in any of the record forms Pretty limiting eh? Just chalk it up as one of many CRM shortcomings. Sometimes you can right click, sometimes you can't. Just get in the habit of using Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V. -- Brandon Smith IT Director Presentations Direct - Specialized Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Nitin" <Nitin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2223FB31-B10E-4EA7-87C0-ED483F5F6E23@microsoft.com... > Why can't we have drag and drop , cut and past...

Splitting First and Last Names
I have a spreadsheet where the Name feild contains both first and last names. I want to split this into two fields. How can I do this? Hi use 'Data - Text to<columns' for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jamie wrote: > I have a spreadsheet where the Name feild contains both first and last > names. I want to split this into two fields. How can I do this? "Jamie" <pastorjman310@hotmail.com> wrote >I have a spreadsheet where the Name feild contains both >first and last > names. I want to split this into two fields. How can I do &g...

Question On Fields
What is the (Microsoft desciption)difference between the SIC field and the Industry Code field? To me they seem like a duplication. Thanks! Shauna Hi, According to the Deployment Manager descriptions of attributes: SIC - Standard Industrial Classification code for the Account industrycode - the type of industry with which the account is associated... Hope this helps! "Shauna Koppang" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:034101c48af4$62524a70$a401280a@phx.gbl... > What is the (Microsoft desciption)difference between the > SIC field and the...

newbie question
Excel help says it should be a tab under tools, but I can't see it in my version. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. You must first load the Solver Add-in through Tools>Add-ins. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 07:46:34 -0700, analyst41@hotmail.com wrote: >Excel help says it should be a tab under tools, but I can't see it in >my version. > >I would appreciate any help. > >Thanks. On Nov 3, 10:56 am, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote: > You must first load the Solver Add-in through Tools>Add-ins. > > Gord Dibben MS E...

Exchange 2003 Question #3
Dear all, I have upgraded from Exchange 5.5 and notice that I miss the feature where I can clean/delete mail based on certain criteria from users mailbox via the System Manager. Is this feature still available in Exchange 2003, If so, where is it? Thanks. Regards, Kueh. You can use ExMerge to remove emails based on certain criteria (ie. attachment name, subject, etc). http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF013.html "KA Kueh" wrote: > Dear all, > > I have upgraded from Exchange 5.5 and notice that I miss the feature where I > can clean/delete mail based on ...

Formula Question #18
I have built a workbook in which I have inserted a formula to tell me whether the contents of a supply bin needs replenishment or not. The formula I used is: =IF(E3>F3,"REPLENISH!","No Action"). Each morning, I run a report to see what parts have been used, which becomes a new sheet in the workbook. Now, I want to add a formula that, whenever it sees "REPLENISH!," it will back through the workbook to count whether that same part needed replenishment on consecutive previous days. If it has, then the latest worksheet will report the number of days that ...

REQ: Can Someone Help Me With This Outlook XP Question?
Hello All: I use Word to edit my e-mail msgs in Outlook XP. I had to reinstall Office the other day and now whenever I want to start a new e-mail or reply to an e-mail I get a warning that comes up: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'" There is a box that asks for the amount of time to allow the access: 1 to 10 minutes. Do I have to have specific settings for my Outlook address book? I use the Contact area in Outlook for addresses. I have ...

I have a data table that looks like this: Code ------------------- STR-S SNK-S STR-K STR-F SNK-S STR-3 STR-2 STR-F SNK-S SNK-4 SNK-S STR-3 SNK-F STR-4 STR-O ------------------- "STR", etc at the beginning are pitch types, SNK is Sinker for example The end character is the result of the pitch, a 4 would be a home run, 3 a triple, and so forth. O is out, F is foul, S is strike --- you ge it. How can I figure the amount of RBI's? I know that it's 5, but I can' think of any automated way to calculate this, anyone got any ideas? THANK YOU!! :confused -- AVER...

Help With Strange Error When Trying to Save Any Record
I am getting astrane error happens when try to create any new record (Customer, Item, Vendor or Account), the system gives me a message that "Save Operation Failed" and when i click "More Info" the error message is "Could not find stored procedure 'DYNAMICS.dbo.aagGetCompanyStatus'", although i have created alot of items, customers, accounts and vendors before but suddenly this error appeared. Any quick help will be highly appreciated. It would appear that the AAG has something to do with a product produced by American Association of Geographers. I...

Filter records that include certain text strings
I want to create customized reports where a user can enter text strings, then the program will search for all records that contain that text string and display them. The filter functions are exclusive. -- W Dean Welch On Jul 6, 6:34 pm, Dean Welch <wdeanwe...@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I want to create customized reports where a user can enter text strings, then > the program will search for all records that contain that text string and > display them. The filter functions are exclusive. > -- > W Dean Welch In the same field? Just pass a filter in the open event of the ...

question about using the correct schema namespace
I have a Access/VBA client that exports xml to the local drive, then posts it over http to an aspx page. The aspx page consumes it, then builds itself based on the xml data. This works find only if I first mannually change the root entry's namespace url as shown below. Does anyone know how I can get the two (cleint xml export and aspx xml consume) to work together with the appropriate namespace? Here is the top three lines of my xml export (prior to mannually changing it): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <root xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/200...

AD/Network design question
Hello all I have a 2 sites which users come and go from. These sites have 2 different network ip domains (192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x). Users need to be authenticated using the same user id and password at both sites. DC/GC is at 192.168.1.x and is a SBS 2003. Server at 192.168.2.x is Server 2003. When the server at 192.168.2.x is connected via vpn to 192.168.1.x all is well. How do I get the server at 192.168.2.x to act as a AD/DC when it’s not connected to 192.168.1.x ? Thank you Hal I think you will run here into the limitations of SBS :-( @ SBS experts : ...

Comparing first and last names in two lists

Mail merge & staple question
Does anyone know how to use mail merge in Publisher with a printer that folds and staples?? Publisher is sending it to the printer as "one" big file and trying to staples "all" my newsletters together instead of individual ones with the addresses on them. Or if anyone has any other programs or ideas on how I can accomplish this task, sure would be appreciated. Thanks While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a message from Parishsecretary <Parishsecretary@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > Does anyone know how to use mai...

Office 2010 Buying Question Assistance Needed
I've been looking through the MS Office 2010 web site to try to determine what my new small company would require, but I can't find the information I need. We for sure would need Office Pro Plus, but other than that I'm not sure. We want to run it on our own server. We will initially have 3-5 people using it and perhaps more later on. Would we need to purchase site licensing? Unfortunately, our programmers are MS haters (I'm not) and I can't get any assistance from them on this, but I have power of the pen. I would appreciate any assistance I can get. Th...

Cannot Print a selection of ToDo's
I have a user who is having an issue when attempting to print a selection of his Todo list. The print dialog will appear but as soon as he clicks either print or print preview the dialog dissapears and no jobs are sent to the print que. He is able to print other documents to this printer and the issue occurs with all other printers installed (including a PDF printer). Computer is running Vista business 32 bit w/ Vista SP2. Office 2007 Small Business with Office SP2. ...

Changing the Selection Fields in a Combo Box
Hi, I've created a Combo Box using the Controls Wizard. In creating the control, I specified that my unique value to be stored in the table is an ID. When the user views the selection options in the Combo Box, I'd like to have the ID field hidden and only see the text values, while still storing the ID in the appropriate column. This is probably a second question. Also, when the user views a form that has been populated, I'd like them to see the actual textual values on the form, as just the stored ID value. Is that possible to do with the one Combo Box or is that...

Excel format in selected cells have changed to DATE format!!!!
OMG! This is destroyed my spreadsheet, it has happened before... randomly certain cells are changed to DATE format, the NORMAL style changes to DATE format. Changing the normal style back to 'General' number format worked last time, this time, it has ravaged my spreadsheet. What is causing this? I saw this bug mentioned by other people in other posts. What is causing this bug, and how can i avoid it from happening again? You are placing text in the cells that look exactly like dates. Format the cell as text or place a ' in the cell before the text when you place ...

Question About Missing Data
So, this is probably really easy, but I just want to ask and see if I may be missing something here. Some data on vendor numbers changed. Let’s say IBM used to have a vendor number 12345 and now it’s vendor number is 56789. I can identify IBM as IBM, but I really want to use the number, not the name. Should I set up a table that ties the numbers together, so that Access knows 12345 = 56789? Or, should I do some kind of Update Query and change all incidences of 12345 to be 56789? Or, is there some other, method, like a ‘best practices for missing data’? Thanks! Ryan--- ...

Custom CRect Question
I have a custom rectangle class that inherits from CRect: class CCustomRect : public CRect { private: CPoint m_maxPt; COLORREF m_color; TCHAR text[50]; public: CCustomRect(RECT* source, CPoint pt, COLORREF rgb); RECT* RectBase(); void Update(RECT* r); } Inheritance has worked well until I found myself needing to create the RectBase function (above) to return the rectangle dimensions. CRect does not seem to have any methods that can be called to return the base class's RECT value. I could take CRect::Size and construct a rectangle to return, but this seems a bit much. My...

Right Click Safari 404 and paste into Word 2008 only showing address
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Example. I open gmail.com. Right click on the Gmail logo to &quot;copy image&quot; not the &quot;copy image address&quot; option. Then, I open Word 2008 and paste. All I get is the address, not the logo image. If I repeat and use Text Edit (Apple) instead, it works as expected. Is this a bug with Word? Or am I missing a preference setting here set up by default that needs adjusted? Apparently it has to do with how Safari populates the Clipboard � I have no problem pasting the logo with F...

Excel link update question
I need to maintain an excel workbook which contains a lot of links to other workbooks. Since the linked workbooks change every week, I need to change all the links accordingly. For example, a cell with formula "='[aug_28.xls]sheet1' !A10" will be changed into "='[sep_4.xls]sheet1'!A10". I tried to do this with Find/Replace. However, the link is updated every time it is changed. The link updating takes a couple of seconds. So it may take a hour to finsh it for a workbook with thousands of links. Could anyone tell me how to shut down the link updating when...

Copy data from one record to a new record on a sub form
I have a form showing patient details with a sub form displaying all associated referral details for the patient. One patient can have more than one referral and I would like to be able to copy data from some of the fields on the current referral when adding a new referral for the same patient. Is this possible? Thank you for your help I am fairly new to Access code and I am having some problem following your suggestion could you please simplify. Also some of the fields on the referral records are selected via a combo box will these fields still copy? "Klatuu" wrote: > ...

ComboBox passing values from selected
In my form (Items_frm) I have a combo box (Itemcbx) that displays 4 columns (Item, Makebuy, Revision, IsActive) but is bound to the first column. However, I would like to pass the other values from the remaining columns to other fields in my form after the selection. Is this possible? Can someone provide a sample code? You can use the Column() attribute. Me.Itemcbx.Column(1) etc. Note that the index for combo box columns is zero-based so 0 is the first, 1 is the second and so on... Steve "Angel G" wrote: > In my form (Items_frm) I have a combo box (Itemcbx) that displ...