MsgBox 11-24-07

When a report is open I have a MsgBox which also opens, asking "would you
like to print this document".  If the operator Clicks on "no", then the
MsgBox disappears, if they Click on "Yes" another MsgBox opens asking "how
many copies would you like".  is there a way to add field to this MsgBox into
which the user can input a number of copies they would like, and then for it
to produce the correct number.

Cheers Steve
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You may want to try creating a pop-up form instead of a msgbox for this.  In
the macro or vba where you currenlty have your MsgBox, replace it with an
OpenForm command.  Make sure the forms properties are set to PopUp and Modal.

On the form you can have either an options box using buttons for Print or
Cancel, Yes or Now, whatever you fancy and an unbound textbox for the number
of copies.  For the OnClick event of "Yes", use this code:

Dim intCopies as Integer

For intCopies = 1 to me.textbox
     DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName"

And for the 'No' button, use the code:

DoCmd.Close acForm, "PopUpFormName"

"Steve Moss" wrote:

> When a report is open I have a MsgBox which also opens, asking "would you
> like to print this document".  If the operator Clicks on "no", then the
> MsgBox disappears, if they Click on "Yes" another MsgBox opens asking "how
> many copies would you like".  is there a way to add field to this MsgBox into
> which the user can input a number of copies they would like, and then for it
> to produce the correct number.
>
> Cheers Steve
Brilliant, thank you Tim, a gentleman and scholar

Steve

"Tim Johnson" wrote:

> You may want to try creating a pop-up form instead of a msgbox for this.  In
> the macro or vba where you currenlty have your MsgBox, replace it with an
> OpenForm command.  Make sure the forms properties are set to PopUp and Modal.
>
> On the form you can have either an options box using buttons for Print or
> Cancel, Yes or Now, whatever you fancy and an unbound textbox for the number
> of copies.  For the OnClick event of "Yes", use this code:
>
> Dim intCopies as Integer
>
> For intCopies = 1 to me.textbox
>      DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName"
>
> And for the 'No' button, use the code:
>
> DoCmd.Close acForm, "PopUpFormName"
>
> "Steve Moss" wrote:
>
> > When a report is open I have a MsgBox which also opens, asking "would you
> > like to print this document".  If the operator Clicks on "no", then the
> > MsgBox disappears, if they Click on "Yes" another MsgBox opens asking "how
> > many copies would you like".  is there a way to add field to this MsgBox into
> > which the user can input a number of copies they would like, and then for it
> > to produce the correct number.
> >
> > Cheers Steve
Glad to hear it worked well for you (especially considering how wrought with
typos it was)!

Cheers,
Tim

"Steve Moss" wrote:

> Brilliant, thank you Tim, a gentleman and scholar
>
> Steve
>
> "Tim Johnson" wrote:
>
> > You may want to try creating a pop-up form instead of a msgbox for this.  In
> > the macro or vba where you currenlty have your MsgBox, replace it with an
> > OpenForm command.  Make sure the forms properties are set to PopUp and Modal.
> >
> > On the form you can have either an options box using buttons for Print or
> > Cancel, Yes or Now, whatever you fancy and an unbound textbox for the number
> > of copies.  For the OnClick event of "Yes", use this code:
> >
> > Dim intCopies as Integer
> >
> > For intCopies = 1 to me.textbox
> >      DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName"
> >
> > And for the 'No' button, use the code:
> >
> > DoCmd.Close acForm, "PopUpFormName"
> >
> > "Steve Moss" wrote:
> >
> > > When a report is open I have a MsgBox which also opens, asking "would you
> > > like to print this document".  If the operator Clicks on "no", then the
> > > MsgBox disappears, if they Click on "Yes" another MsgBox opens asking "how
> > > many copies would you like".  is there a way to add field to this MsgBox into
> > > which the user can input a number of copies they would like, and then for it
> > > to produce the correct number.
> > >
> > > Cheers Steve
Yeah it works great.  my next question, if no value has been entered into the
textbox and the user selects "yes" an "invalid use of null" error pops up, is
there a way to have this message display something like "you need to insert a
number" instead of an error code.
Cheers

"Tim Johnson" wrote:

> Glad to hear it worked well for you (especially considering how wrought with
> typos it was)!
>
> Cheers,
> Tim
>
> "Steve Moss" wrote:
>
> > Brilliant, thank you Tim, a gentleman and scholar
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > "Tim Johnson" wrote:
> >
> > > You may want to try creating a pop-up form instead of a msgbox for this.  In
> > > the macro or vba where you currenlty have your MsgBox, replace it with an
> > > OpenForm command.  Make sure the forms properties are set to PopUp and Modal.
> > >
> > > On the form you can have either an options box using buttons for Print or
> > > Cancel, Yes or Now, whatever you fancy and an unbound textbox for the number
> > > of copies.  For the OnClick event of "Yes", use this code:
> > >
> > > Dim intCopies as Integer
> > >
> > > For intCopies = 1 to me.textbox
> > >      DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName"
> > >
> > > And for the 'No' button, use the code:
> > >
> > > DoCmd.Close acForm, "PopUpFormName"

Sure.  In the code prior to the loop, type in this

If isnull(me.textbox)=true then
     MsgBox("Surely, you would like at least ONE copy!")
Else:

then add an End If at the end of the code.

"Steve Moss" wrote:

> Yeah it works great.  my next question, if no value has been entered into the
> textbox and the user selects "yes" an "invalid use of null" error pops up, is
> there a way to have this message display something like "you need to insert a
> number" instead of an error code.
> Cheers
>
> "Tim Johnson" wrote:
>
> > Glad to hear it worked well for you (especially considering how wrought with
> > typos it was)!
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Tim
> >
> > "Steve Moss" wrote:
> >
> > > Brilliant, thank you Tim, a gentleman and scholar
> > >
> > > Steve

sorry a reply has taken so long, that forces only let us log on for a certain
lenght of time at certain times of the day.  I will give it a go.
Many thanks
Steve

"Tim Johnson" wrote:

> Sure.  In the code prior to the loop, type in this
>
> If isnull(me.textbox)=true then
>      MsgBox("Surely, you would like at least ONE copy!")
> Else:
>

> then add an End If at the end of the code.
>
> "Steve Moss" wrote:
>
> > Yeah it works great.  my next question, if no value has been entered into the
> > textbox and the user selects "yes" an "invalid use of null" error pops up, is
> > there a way to have this message display something like "you need to insert a
> > number" instead of an error code.
> > Cheers
> >
> > "Tim Johnson" wrote:
> >
> > > Glad to hear it worked well for you (especially considering how wrought with
> > > typos it was)!
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Tim

Steve, another suggestion on this, you may want to set the text box's default
value to 1.

"Steve Moss" wrote:

> sorry a reply has taken so long, that forces only let us log on for a certain
> lenght of time at certain times of the day.  I will give it a go.
> Many thanks
> Steve
>
> "Tim Johnson" wrote:
>
> > Sure.  In the code prior to the loop, type in this
> >
> > If isnull(me.textbox)=true then
> >      MsgBox("Surely, you would like at least ONE copy!")
> > Else:
> >

> > then add an End If at the end of the code.
> >
> > "Steve Moss" wrote:
> >
> > > Yeah it works great.  my next question, if no value has been entered into the
> > > textbox and the user selects "yes" an "invalid use of null" error pops up, is
> > > there a way to have this message display something like "you need to insert a
> > > number" instead of an error code.
> > > Cheers

Filtered Views 11-05-07
We have many custom entities defined for our system. My issue is that I only see Filtered views for some of them even though the enities seem to be set up in the same way. I am not sure what is causing some of the entities to have a custom view and others not. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: Freelance Consultant Email Contact :: imumar at gmail dot com "AAA" wrote: > We have many custom entities defined for our system. My issue is that I only > see Filtered views for some of them even though t...

date criteria problem 12-19-07
I am trying to create a query that looks for date values that are greater than or equal to a date value on an open form: >=[forms]![counselorreportmenu]![txtbegin] This isn't working. The field on the form is a date format field. What can I do to get this to work? I had a similar problem in code on a form where I was trying to find dates greater than a string date value. Wondering if it is a formatting issue on the returned value...? Thanks in advance! NEVERMIND! I just used DateValue and now it's working. Thanks anyway! "rs0905" wrote: > I am trying to...

delete record 11-16-07
How can I delete only one record in a table? I don't need a condition for record that I want delete, I want delete an record witch an pozition in a table. Ex Field1 Field2 Field3 c1 m1 100 c15 m7 200 c1 m1 100 c12 m2 50 c15 m7 200 I want delete only the second record. Create a query that selects only the row you want to delete. Change the query into a delete query (assuming you're using Access 2003 or older, you can do thise in the Query menu when you've got th...

Integration with Great Plains 02-08-07
Hi, I am unable to move forward from the screen where we have to provide the Integration User Group Name when we run the set up for the CRM + GP connector... The wizard returns an error "The Specified Integration User group is not a domain group" My set up is on the CRM may edition VPC...i have setup GP as well... regards Okay ...resolved that ...i had not used the "domainname\group name" When will the integration be supported on SQL server 2005? Regards Sree "S" wrote: > Hi, > > I am unable to move forward from the screen where we have to pro...

Trendlines #11
I need to insert and exponential trendline, but that exponential trendline box is grayed out. What does this mean and how can I fix it? ...

information 02-11-10
plesa could somebody explains me how using windows mail?? because i don't succeed in send messages. They ask me so much things i don't know Check out the Yahoo website for instructions on how to setup your account in Windows Mail (Outlook Express settings work also). There you will find the server names and port numbers required to setup the account. The setup is done at Tools - Accounts in Windows Mail. On the "General" tab you will fill in your personal information such as the name you want displayed on your sent emails, your email address, etc. But you ...

Transferspreadsheet 04-10-07
Hello, I have been given the task of importing data from various Excel spreadsheets into an Access 2003 database. This has pretty much been completed OK but now the user has asked for the data to be put together into a query and exported into a new spreadsheet. Again this would have been OK but she would like the spreadsheet to be opened within Access (or on its own) instead of being saved down, giving the user the option of saving the spreadsheet anywhere on the system. For the life of me I can't work out how to do this. Originally I used the Transferspreadsheet function but this appear...

Sending emails #11
I have my hotmail address connected to my Outlook 2002. Everything works well. I was just wondering if it is possible to lock the same address in the "from" line in an email. When i go to write an email, i always have to type my hotmail address in the "from" line. Is there a way to eliminate this ? Thank you in advance for you help. It is very much appreciated. (I just discovered these online help communties and ive learned a lot of things...these are great!!!) Laura <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my hotmail address connected to my Out...

Outlook Express #24
Outlook express is blocking my .JPG file attachments on received email ...

Management reporter 07-21-10
Error when opening Management Reporter "Connection attempt failed. User does not have appropriate permissions to connect to the server." How do I add permisions to the user? -- Taylor Taylor, User should be part of your Domain account, already exist in MR and Dynamics GP before you can successfully connect. Cecile "Taylor" wrote: > Error when opening Management Reporter > "Connection attempt failed. User does not have appropriate permissions to > connect to the server." > > How do I add permisions to the user? > ...

Count records 02-28-07
Hi - I am building a database to manage corporate jets. My form has flight information and a field for "Number of Passengers". There is a subform for each form that has a row for each passenger with passenger information. How can I get the form to populate the "Number o Passengers" field by counting the rows in the subform? Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks. DCount("*", "tableNameHere", "FlightNumber=FORMS!FormNameHere!ControlWIthFligthNumberHere") should return the number of records for the given flight number, DCount(&...

Pie charts #11
I am trying to create a pie chart to add up to 100%. I have 2 values which I have calculated as students results from tests and I would like to have a third series which is 100-(the 2 test figures). Can this be done on a pie chart series range or must I add another cell on the spreadsheet to calculate this option and then uses these 3 figures as the series for the pie chart. Hi, You need to calculate the 3 values before charting them. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "HillsinHolland" <HillsinHolland@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Hyperlink 05-24-10
Hi How do I hyperlink a cell to more than one PDF files? Thanks JJ You don't/cant. You could hyperlink to the folder containing multiple pdf files, however. -- Best Regards, Luke M "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D844D88-2892-4A72-8A25-9BFC915B8161@microsoft.com... > Hi > > How do I hyperlink a cell to more than one PDF files? > > Thanks > > JJ Or maybe you could replace the hyperlink with a macro that opens both .pdf files??? Or (untested), you could hyperlink to a .bat or .vbs file t...

Backup #11
Hi there, I have a hard rive with some outlook files and contacts I wish to retrieve. Where are the files stored and what do I need to do to back up and retore them? I have access to the drive as a slave on a new machine. They are stored in a file with a *.pst extension, typically this is a hidden file in the user profile under Document and Settings, you will need to turn on hidden files and folders and explicitly search hidden files and folders. When you locate it you can use File || Open || Outlook Data File (Personal Folder File) to access the data. "paranoid-android" <...

Notefix Utility 07-07-10
I have the Notefix utility from 9.0 and need it again while adding a new test company in GP 10.00.1400. Has the Notefix utility been changed/updated since then? yes because there's a notefix for 10. "DavidM" wrote: > I have the Notefix utility from 9.0 and need it again while adding a new test > company in GP 10.00.1400. > > Has the Notefix utility been changed/updated since then? ...

Read only error from 11-20-04
I'm still having trouble with this... I'm using Money 2003 Deluxe, had some troubles with the disk, now I'm trying to restore from a backup file. I get a erreor message stating that money cannot locate or open the file possibly beacuse it is read only or the disk is write protected. I've unchecked the read only boxed of all money files and I still get the message. Any hope of recovering anything? I've tried to restoring to a new file name and directory without success. It appears to start the restore process but it immediately comes back with the read only erro...

set value 09-06-07
I have two forms. When I type on the right side form (subform), I want to update the left side form(main form). Currently, I was using a macro with the set value command. But, this only works for numeric fields. When I try to use this same macro on a text field, the macro fails. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, -- Joan Do you mean you want to add a record in the parent table when you are adding a record to the child table? What version of Access are you using? -- Joseph Meehan Dia 's Muire duit "joan" <joan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

WMP 11 does nothing during attempted playback of file
When I try to play a file that my company provided for training, nothing happens in WMP. There are no errors. Play, stop and pause do nothing. The screen does not update. I can still close the application. I can play sample music, but none of these files. Is it possible that a CODEC was deleted or corrupted? How would I go about troubleshooting this issue? Thanks in adance, Allen "Allen Clark" <nospamacent1@erols.com.nospam> wrote in message news:60B7F29A-A4C9-47F0-B2B7-517C3F41FCDA@microsoft.com... > When I try to play a file that my company prov...

Error code 646 01-07-10
update for microsoft office info path 2007 will not download. Hello Fred, See if the solution in this thяead helps. <http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/12a0ccf1-4557-4b70-be83-c3588adb2511> I hope this post is helpful. Let us know how it works ºut. Good luck -=- "Fred" wrote: > update for microsoft office info path 2007 will not download. "Fred" wrote: > update for microsoft office info path 2007 will not download. "error" <error@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Does microsoft have a template for 10-11 academic year calendar ?
There is a template for the 09-10 school year on Microsoft office online, but I need one for the 10-11 year. There is one 2010-2011 calendar, near the end of the list of 2009-2010 calendars. To go directly to its download page, click http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC300084441033.aspx?CategoryID=CT102853591033. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Terrie wrote: > There is a template for the 09-10 school year on Microsoft offi...

WMP 11 Won't Rollback
Running XP Pro with WMP 11 - players shuts down right after opening and shows debug/close error window. I have tried through add/remove to rollback. However, each attempt results with same message 'Windows Media Player 11 rollback failed'. I have tried reinstalling WMP11 on top of the existing installation without success. Any help would be appreciated! -- teamplus ------------------------------------------------------------------------ teamplus's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/173849.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/media-player...

If you do not like scripting, you can try GAL Exporter or Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - http://www.imibo.com > > "Ringholz, Blake" <bringholz@nospam.com> wrote in message > news:76AEFC2F-85A7-4666-8262-27FB0737D09A@microsoft.com... >> Hello All - >> >> I need to get an Excel Spreadsheet that lists everyone first name, last >> name, email address, job title, etc pulled from Active Directory. Is >> there an easy way to do this? >> >> Thanks, >> Blake > > > > > ...

Numeric field overflow 07-30-07
I am having problems with some append queries that I have adding data to a table. The append queries when run on their own will work just fine. However, I have a macro that runs about 10 of the append queries together and whenever I run the macro I get the "Numeric field overlfow" message on the first query in the macro. I have tried rounding some of the fields before adding them to the table but that doesn't seem to work. I have also created test macros containing just one append query and that doesn't work either. I don't understand why these append queries would work i...

msgs v slow to download outlook 07 vista
hi i have Compaq Presario- Vista and just uinstalled outlook 07 very slow download and then it gives up i did the enable log thing and off again- no joy- i used to use with this computer windows mail with same email address -wd b v gratfeul 4 help thanks hen Do you have an anti virus program that is intergrated with Outlook? Open your AV and check its options see if its intergrated with Outlook "hennie" <hennie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C46132B0-5D45-44AC-8959-DFCEB8816BEF@microsoft.com... > hi > i have Compaq Presario- Vista and just uinstall...

WLM Calendar 11-25-09
Is there a way to have my WLM open showing my calendar so I can remind myself early in the day? In the olden days I had the calendar come up as soon as I opened my computer and it was sooooooo handy! There is currently no provision to do that, but a Microsoft rep posted here several months ago that they were looking into the feasibility of a startup switch for WLM that would cause the calendar to open first. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "beejay" <beejay@discussions.microsoft.com&g...