Move Control to another Form Problem

This Control Button I want to move from my MainMenu Form to the form that contains the the List Box [lstModify], which is where my Invoices sit to be distributed, When I moved the control I got a yellow error on {subSetInvoiceValues} thanks for any help......BobPrivate Sub cmdDistributeAllInvoices_Click() Dim nRtnValue As Integer    nRtnValue = MsgBox("Are you sure you want to Distribute All Invoices?" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "If you choose Yes, all the Invoices will have Invoice Numbers.", vbCritical + vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton2, "Distribute all Invoices")    If nRtnValue = vbYes Then        DoCmd.Hourglass True            subSetInvoiceValues            Application.SysCmd acSysCmdSetStatus, "Process is completed."            Application.SysCmd acSysCmdClearStatus        DoCmd.Hourglass False    End IfEnd Sub
0
Bob
3/14/2007 11:20:38 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

David sorry its a bit more harder than I thought, I was only trying to move the command button to another form, think I may leave it on the Main Menu....Thanks bob"David Conger [MSFT]" <youralias@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:Oh7hJDpZHHA.1508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...> Does subSetInvoiceValues exist in the same module/class as > cmdDistributeAllInvoices_Click()? If not, you would either need to move > subSetInvoiceValues or reference it by module/class name first > (module1.subSetInvoiceValues).>> -- > David Conger> Software Development Engineer in Test> Microsoft Office Access>> ** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no > rights. **>> "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote in message news:et9vsl$5jo$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...>>>>>> This Control Button I want to move from my MainMenu Form to the form that >> contains the the List Box [lstModify], which is where my Invoices sit to >> be distributed, When I moved the control I got a yellow error on >> {subSetInvoiceValues} thanks for any help......Bob>>>> Private Sub cmdDistributeAllInvoices_Click()>> Dim nRtnValue As Integer>>>>    nRtnValue = MsgBox("Are you sure you want to Distribute All Invoices?" >> & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "If you choose Yes, all the Invoices will have >> Invoice Numbers.", vbCritical + vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton2, "Distribute >> all Invoices")>>    If nRtnValue = vbYes Then>>        DoCmd.Hourglass True>>            subSetInvoiceValues>>            Application.SysCmd acSysCmdSetStatus, "Process is completed.">>            Application.SysCmd acSysCmdClearStatus>>        DoCmd.Hourglass False>>    End If>> End Sub>>>>
0
Bob

OnChange event
Hi all, I want to let the end users change the color of the top and bottom dark blue (or navy) borders of the Account form using a drop down that lists the colors (red, yellow and blue) .So the OnChange event of the picklist should trigger the change of the top and bottom dark blue colors to which ever color is selected. However I dont know if this can be accomplished. I even dont know if a stylesheet is used for that purpose, which one refers to these areas of the form. Any help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance! ...

Printing data forms
I would like to be able to print Excel data forms. Is there a way? In some event of the form (a button, a click of the form itself, whatever): Me.PrintForm "Curious" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170101c47bf9$f9191420$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I would like to be able to print Excel data forms. Is > there a way? If you mean the form you get when you do Data=>Form with the form displayed, do Alt+Print Screen. then drop the form and go to a new worksheet and do Edit=>Paste This will put an image of the form on the worksheet and yo...

Problems with public folders #2
I am having two problems which may or may not be related. 1) In System Manager when I try to view or work with the public folder tree, I get the following error "The token supplied to the function is invalid", ID no:80090308. I cannot see any public folders or manage them at all after that. 2) Whenever anyone clicks on send/receive in outlook 2003, they get the following error "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F):'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'" Does anyone have an idea of what the problem is for either...

Colour Picker Control?
Hi, I am trying to form my own Colour Picker control, using the CCommonDialog and CColorDialog, however I need a way to represent the colour constantly while on my form. For this I have chosen to use a button, with flat style and when it is clicked it brings up the common dialog. However: I am not aware of any way to actually change the colour of this button inside the button class itself. I have a CButton derrived class CColourButton, which contains various properties and methods required to handle the colours, however I cannot find a way for the CColourButton itself to change its ow...

Problem in Setting up CRM server
Hi We are trying to install CRM server. but we getting following error message and we don't know the reason for this. Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupException: Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated new Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: 1. Go to the domain controller and manually force synchronization. 2. Wait 15 minutes (typically) until the domain controller synchron...

Problems with address books
I've had to re-install outlook '97 a couple of times to sort out some problems. Now I find that contacts isn't the default mail list. That's to say when I want to send an email the list of people is from an old address book and not from the contact list I have in front of me! How do I make sure that when I want to send an email or fax that I'm presented with a choice from my contact list? How can I safely delete the old address books which are now a waste of space? Peter ...

Money '04
I'm trying to use the 'Money Browser' w/in MSN Money 2004 and get "Page Cannot Be Displayed" or sometimes "Action Cancelled", but I can surf the web just fine with my cable modem...what's up with that? I've read on this forum that other users are having difficulties w/ this particular issue, any resolution would be helpful. I've tried: regsvr32 msxml3.dll in start|run also have un-installed and re-installed cookies enabled ...

how do I get the cursor to move to cell A1 when I press home key
When I press the home key I want the cursor to go to cell A1. From the Menu Bar: <Tools> <Options> <Transition> tab, And *check* "Transition Navigation Keys". This might cause you other "problems' though! -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "RANLAY" <RANLAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F93B2017-347...

allow user to highlight field on form
I have a database which records info about disabled people. One form is used to input comments about the the person and has several memo fields. The user wants to be able to highlight a field if the information is important and needs to be highlighted to other users of the system. I cannot use conditional formatting because the decision to highlight the field is made by the user depending on different circumstances. Any help would be appreciated On Mon, 3 May 2010 16:52:01 -0700, aussiebob wrote: > I have a database which records info about disabled people. One form is used...

Return form and controls to default size
I have a pair of functions that resize a form and all of its controls at the click of a button. These are for one of my visually-impaired users who likes his buttons, boxes, and text to be larger. One button resizes all the controls up by a factor of 1.1, the other resizes them all down. I also want to put in a button to return everything to their default sizes. Could anyone please point me in the right direction to restore the default sizes for all controls, the "Detail", "Header", and "Footer" sections of a form? Thanks in advance. On Mon, 1...

Form opens to blank record
I have a front page (a form) and my main database linked via a command button - it keeps opening on a particular record and I want it to open onto a blank record - how do I go about changing this? Thanks C (P.S. only a shakey understanding of code so if answer includes this - go easy on me and explain! Thanks) When you say: " I have a front page (a form) and my main database linked via a command button..." you are not talking about the use of Microsoft Office FrontPage, are you? http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-FrontPage-2003-OLD-VERSION/dp/B0000AZJV8 I *thi...

Rich edit control and having a hypertext control to send the messages to windows
Hi Here is the code to detect that if a click is made on word "START". But I have many "START" word Is there any way to detect which "START" word has been clicked? Please Let me know if any Thanks Anup void CRichEditGSDlg::OnLinkRicheditStatic(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { ENLINK *pLink = reinterpret_cast<ENLINK *>(pNMHDR); FINDTEXTEX findText; *pResult = 0; if( pLink->msg == WM_LBUTTONDOWN ) { long lStart = pLink->chrg.cpMin; long lEnde = pLink->chrg.cpMin; m_Ctrl_RichEditStatic.SetSel(pLink->chrg); CString strLi...

problems with toolbar-can't access certan commands i.e.hyperlink
can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. Help magnus wrote: > can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey > - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. The hyperlink option may only appear when you are creating a Web Publication in certain versions of Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Trial version? You may have run out of time. Some pulldowns only work when you are creating a ...

Word problems 2003 and 2007 version
hey everyone both on my main computer and my brothers laptop word isnt working! its so annoying! on my desktop PC i have windows xp and word 2003. after getting a virus which stopped the internet from working i had to do a system restore - which got rid of the virus. but when i click on word it says that "this shortcut only applies to installed products", and when i go to word through program files it says "this product is not installed on this user" - but there is no setup thing i can press - will i need the disc maybe? on my bro's laptop he got the sa...

Problem exporting/importing .psf
Hi guys, I searched the community before and couldn't find anything regarding this issue. I am trying to export an Outlook 2000 mailbox from one user account to another. However, when I try and import it, I get the message saying that "Personal Folders "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use". I have looked up solutions for this and they say to make sure its not read only. I tried this and it doesnt work, its currently NOT read only. Please note: This is a computer where the Outlook folder source for the export is on a user account no...

StretchDIBits problem with 16-bit (65536) colours
hello all, when the color-palette from the windows-desktop (properties) is set to 16-bit (65536), the print preview does not show the bitmaps properly. I guess the ::StretchBlt(...)/::StretchDIBits(...)/::BitBlt(...) don't work properly. the bitmap is divided in 2 parts, the right (1/3 from the bitmap) is put on the left place and the left is displaced to the right. at all the other color-settings there's no problem: 8-bit, 24-bit... any ideas? thanx a lot, tschu. the code: BOOL CDib::Draw(CDC* pDC, CPoint origin, CSize size) { if(m_lpBMIH == NULL) return FALSE; if(m_hPalette !...

How to create drop down list that determines another drop down list?
Hey all, Here is an example of what I am trying to do. I have a list of ten baseball teams with 20 players on each team. I want to create a drop down box that will allow me to select one of the ten teams and then a second drop down box below the first that will give me the list of the 20 players on the team I have selected in the first box. Then I want to choose that player to enter his statistics. Is this possible? Any help is much appreciated. THANKS in advance, Darren D. Darren You can use the selection from the first pulldown as the defined name for the second selection list Then in t...

new document and framework problem
Hi, I have a dialog I need to display at the start of a new document in my SDI app. My problem is the first time through, it will show before the app is drawn. Where should I put a call to run the dialog if I want to be sure to only do so after the app is initially drawn? I currently use a check in the view's OnDraw, but I'm hoping someone else who knows the framework better has a better idea. Thanks, scott I don't think OnDraw is appropriate at all because that gets called all the time. How about OnInitialUpdate? -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits....

CRM 4.0 VPC Problem
I downloaded CRM 4.0 VPC, extracted them, and I got MSDYCRM40VPC_BASE.vhd. After I create a new virtual machine for this vhd, I got an message "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device" when I clicked Start. So, it have not brought me to WINDOW LOGIN SCREEN. Anyone had this CRM 4.0 VPC worked, please help me how to get it work to get away from a message above. Thanks and Appreciations -Toi "Toi Day" <ToiDay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50BF3D76-10D8-4CF0-90BC-EFF8E0D925A0@microsoft.com... > I...

Number Format Problem Prevents Proper Sorting
I have a long list of numbers that were exported from anothe application that I can't seem to format properly to sort in ascendin order. I have changed the format from General to Number and back wit no success. I'm sure that this is an easy fix, but I'm not seeing th answer. The third entry below (1103) should be toward the top of th list. Any ideas? 110272 110277 1103 110329 110338 11033 -- 65Stan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 65Stang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1500 View this threa...

Content Boxes not appearing on list forms (newform.aspx)
Morning, FYI: I have posted this question on the sharepoint msdn forums and got directed to the SBS newsgroup, I asked this same question there and have been directed to here, i would be very greatfull if someone could please help. I have many workstations (95% now) now not displaying text boxes/content boxes within sharepoint (2003 SBS version). Any other site will display forms but not sharepoint. This does not seem to effect all machines and seems to have nothing to do with permissions as i have tried with all types of users. I have tried changing all the security settin...

JWalk Chart Tools series label problem
I am using John Walkenbach's "JWalk Chart Tools" add-in to label a data series with values from other cells. (I want percentages as data labels even though the series is charted as actual values.) The two cells I'm using to label the two points in my series are not next to each other, if this is important. I CTRL-click the two cells and they are listed in the selection window with a comma, like this: 'Source data'!$D$8, 'Source data'!$AG$8 . This looks good to me. But while the values in D8 and AG8 are 5.33% and 5.16%, the labels show up as 5.33% and 21.93% B...

Problems with CListCtrl
I'm having trouble with a CListCtrl object. I'm trying to automatically set the selected items of the list from my code. I try the following statement: m_List.SetItem (pos, 0, LVIF_STATE, NULL, 0, LVIS_SELECTED, LVIS_SELECTED, 0); The SetItem function returns non-zero, which supposedly means it was successful. However, I don't see any selection showing up. I even called RedrawItem on this list item, but it didn't help either. Anyone know about this? -Eric >I'm having trouble with a CListCtrl object. I'm trying to automatically >set the selected ite...

Printing Problems...
Hello All.. I am trying to get my worksheets to play nicely..but no success. I have say 10 worksheets, and in cell "B4" I have Client Copy (across all sheets), so it needs to print all those sheets... Then I need to change "B4" to Delivery Copy, then print all those sheets, etc etc Problem is at the moment, it goes through all the sheets, and only prints the Dock Copy sheets (the last set). I see the text at "B4" change to what it should, but just keeps going and ignoring the print call. Sub delivery_copy() Dim sh As Worksheet For Each sh In ThisWorkbo...

Windows Service problem
Hello all, I have a program that I'm running as a service on a Window's NT machine, I used 'Srvany.exe' to install it, and it's running fine. But, when I try to do the same thing on a Window's 2000 machine, I get a "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion". Does anybody have any ideas why this same program will not work on different operating systems? ...