monthly/weekly reports

This is probably really easy to do but I can't seem to figure it out.  I have
a report that displays records from a table.  Each record has a corresponding
date.  Right now, the report shows every record in the table, going back more
than a year.  How can I make it so the report just shows the records from the
previous week or month or whatever dates I choose.  And then how do I use
this same report over and over for each month or week?  Basically I just want
to hide certain records on the report (ones that were created before a
specific date). Thanks
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You can base the 'record source' of the report on a query instead of on the
table.

Build the query to prompt you for the beginning/ending date doing a
parameter query. Once you get the query showing what you want, then change
the 'record source' of the report to the query.

If you need more options or a nicer way to input the beginning/ending dates,
build a form with unbound fields to input the data you want to view in your
report. Have a button on the form load the report and have the query
reference the fields on the form for the data to be used.

HTH,
James

"RyanF17" wrote:

> This is probably really easy to do but I can't seem to figure it out.  I have
> a report that displays records from a table.  Each record has a corresponding
> date.  Right now, the report shows every record in the table, going back more
> than a year.  How can I make it so the report just shows the records from the
> previous week or month or whatever dates I choose.  And then how do I use
> this same report over and over for each month or week?  Basically I just want
> to hide certain records on the report (ones that were created before a
> specific date). Thanks

Unable to save Changes to my report
I am having problems. this is my second question today. One of my reports had an invalid (non-existant) field for a sort. I deleted it and the error message goes away. I am prompted to save the changes. I say yes, but the report will not close and the changes have not been saved! the only way to close the report is to say no! HELP!! There's a good chance that the report or the database is corrupt. Try deleting the report the rebuilding it. If you have a recent backup, you could import the report. Tony Toews has an excellent web page on database corruption. http://www.granite.a...

Static Reports Location
Hello: Can someone tell me where the static reports are stored? I found some static reports (PDFs) that load up in a webpart; however, it's unclear where they are stored. In general, I am researching the various reporting options. We would like to create reports (scheduled) and store them in a document respository, making them available to specific users based on custom roles. Thanks, Frank ...

Report Foul Language in emails
Is it possible to configure Exchange 2000 SP3 to look at the email passing through, and based on a list of known bad words, flag up email containing them. I.e. user A sends an offensive mail to user B, the mail doesn't go to user B, but is re-directed to an admin who slaps user A on the nose. Paul- You can do this, although it's going to require some programming/scripting. What you want is something called an event sink. You would install it on the IIS SMTP server. Here's a couple links to get going: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313404&sd=tech h...

Week number 02-29-08
Hi, (Access 2007) I have a problem with my query which shows week numbers on a column. Week numbers derived from date field of table. Column has below string: WEEK: Format$([Table1].[Date1];'ww') Above equation gives next week number for Sundays. On my computer date system is normally adjusted to start the new week number on Mondays. At the other hand I have a string calculating week number for my form like: WEEK.Value = Format(Date1.Value, "ww", vbMonday, vbFirstFourDays) Above formula gives correct result. For example: 24th. February 2008 ==> My form gives 8 and m...

scheduled appointments appear on weekly calendar do not appear on.
scheduled appointments appear on daily and weekly calendars do not appear on monthly calendar. Always did in past. Could it be windows 7 issue? "gardiapw44" <gardiapw44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1E07907-B07E-4351-8505-B2BF1EFF43A9@microsoft.com... > scheduled appointments appear on daily and weekly calendars do not appear on > monthly calendar. Always did in past. Could it be windows 7 issue? What Outlook version? Do you sync with a handheld? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Recurring Bill - every 3 weeks
Hello, one of my recurring payments has frequency every 3 weeks. Is it possible to schedule it in Money? thanks, Vadim Rapp Only thing I can think of is to make up three separate MONTHLY payments occurring at three different dates each month (like the 1st of each month, 8th, 15th........etc.). "Vadim Rapp" <vr@nospam.myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:%23q$jNA9iIHA.4320@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > one of my recurring payments has frequency every 3 weeks. Is it possible > to schedule it in Money? > > thanks, > Vadim Rapp > > > ...

Report Options #2
Hi, What is the maximum reports options can I create in GP? Cheers Hi Kbres, Each report in GP can have a maximum of 32 different report options based on my past experience and have not tried creating beyond this number in GP 10. Hope this helps! Cheers, Dennis Araullo, MACS MCTS GP,CRM,AX MCTIP Database Administrator 2008 CCEA Thanks a lot! A Dexterity drop-down list control can display up to 32,767 items. So you should be able to have up to that number of report options for any given report. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http:/...

How to report Exchange Traffic
how can manage to get daily reports about incoming and outgoing messages, incoming and outgoing data (mbytes)? Sascha, Exchange does not report such metrics. However, what type of firewall do you use. If it is PIX you can turn on its logging and it will tell you exactly how many MB have been sent in and out. You will have to use a third party product to read the log. Check http://lists.gpick.com/pages/Firewall_Log_Tools.htm for a list. If you are are looking to see the number of emails try using a third party solution. In our organization we use an anti-spam product called Spam Marshal...

Time and Billing report
Is there a system for tracking Time and Billing for Activities in CRM. system should be able to flag the activity as billable, and time entered for the activity would be multiplied by billing rate. Then a report would be generated for all billable time for a given period. Rreport must be a detailed report of activity with notes, and with totals by Customer. Anything like that available? I think there is no function in CRM for this. My company just coded a billing system. "WebDesignGeek" wrote: > Is there a system for tracking Time and Billing for Activities in CRM. > &...

Z report data is from where?
Where in the database Z report gets its data such as: a. Discounts (total discounts for the day) b. Customer Count (I guess the same as # of transactions) c. Count of Tender Type Is it as simple as: a. discount=item.price - transactionentry.price b. Count([transaction].transactionnumber) (with a case statement [transaction].total =! 0 "sammm" wrote: > Where in the database Z report gets its data such as: > > a. Discounts (total discounts for the day) > b. Customer Count (I guess the same as # of transactions) > c. Count of Tender Type All of the Z report informa...

Reporting 10-29-07
We have a customized report that we run every month that we export to Excel. Is there a way that we can change the query on this report each month (since it is based on a monthly date) without having to create a whole new report? There has to be a way to do this so we can maintain the same formatting in Excel that we have done for that particular report. Please help. ...

Saving page number from report
Hi, I have about a 200 page report that gets its data using every record in a table. I would like to have a field in each record for a page number and have the field filled as the report prints. I can then use that information to print various indexes and table of contents. Is there a way to assign the page number to each record as the report pirnts? If no is there a better way? Thanks, You can create a table for holding the page numbers. Then put code in the report's sections to write the values you need to that table. In the Report's Open event procedure, de...

Fax multiple reports
Hi, I need to send a few access reports to a customer in a single fax. The fxcomex.dll library allows only one file to be sent each time using the ..Body property. Does anyone knows how to send multiple reports or how to merge multiple snapshot files ? Thanks ...

How to count records using count(*) in a chart report
I tried to use the count(*) function in a text box in a chart report. I have page header and footer and added report header and footer. I tried to place the text box in each location with no luck. Nor will it work if I place it in the detail section of chart report. There are no fields showing when selecting grouping and sorting to create a group header or footer. However, my chart does plot data from two fields. One is a date field and the other is a number field that I'm trying to count the number of records when report is run. Any suggestions? -- FL FL - ...

qry for Excel report with weekly data in a vertical column
tblArea AreaID area tblHeadEnd HeadEndID AreaID headend tblRouter RouterID HeadEndID router tblPorts PortID RouterID tblTransmitter TransmitterID PortID transmitter PortID RouterID tblNodes NodeID transmitterID tblNodeNamesID NodeID ParentNodeName date created tblUtilization utilID NodeID percentage Date The report shows weekly utilization data for an ISP. This structure is 1:M in the areas to the headend. The headend has 1:m routers, each router has 1:M ports. The transmitter can have either 1:1 to nodes or 1:M . The nodeNames table is for th...

Non Delivery Report
Is there a way to either turn off Non Delivery Reports in Exchange 2003 or to modify them so that don't display the Exchange server name and #5.1.1 because this a potentila security. A hacker could obtain the name of our Exchange server by sending a message to a invalid addres in our domain and getting this information bac. How can I modify the NDR to not show this information or turn it off completly. George In the Default SMTP Virtual Server Properties go the Delivery Tab. On that page click the Advanced button. In the Fully Qualifed Domain Box remove the Server Name and jus...

editing a report
how can i chnge the text in a report that is pullingh out side data without exporting the report it self into word? or can that not be done.. the report is 160 pages long and i just need to cahnge 4-5 pages just a small change of words. On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:48:07 -0800, Meca Lee <MecaLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how can i chnge the text in a report that is pullingh out side data without >exporting the report it self into word? or can that not be done.. > >the report is 160 pages long and i just need to cahnge 4-5 pages just a >small change ...

Validate cell for date, as well as day of the week
I have looked through what is out there and I am not hopeful that this can be done, but here goes... I have a cell that will be populated with a date. I need to make sure that the date does not fall on a Saturday or a Sunday and that the date is not older than 2 days. I was hoping to be able to do both of these in a single validation, but I have a snag. The weekday function requires a cell, but I am validating on the current cell and, even though I do know what it is, i want to allow that that may change. How can I accomplish this? David I could not get data validation to work....

Planner for Driver's weekly journeys
I require a weekly/monthly planner for driver's journeys some of which occur on a regular basis ...

# of Days in Month
Hello all: I have a problem I hope someone can help with. Is there any way or function to return the number of days in a given month (the specific month given by the contents of a date formated cell)?? TIA for any assistance......... Laurie Forbes One way: =DAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0)) (for XL, the zeroth day of the month is the last day of the previous month) In article <3fcb9ba2.1712358@news.spots.ab.ca>, nospam@nospam.nospam (Laurie Forbes) wrote: > Hello all: > > I have a problem I hope someone can help with. Is there any way or > function to return...

z report file
Where can I edit the actual Z-report file. The report must have page breaks because my printer is cutting the receipt in three places. Also when you go into receipt format and edit you only see the X-report in the viewer are the X and Z on in the same? I hoped I could edit the Z-report here and remove page breaks. Looks like you are using Epson Windows driver to print your X/Z reports. If that is the case your Windows printer page size is set to 80x298 or so. You need to change that to the highest number, something like 80x2890. Good luck. "Harry" <Harry@discussions.micr...

how to insert month date year and day of week

Crystal Reports
Has anyone been able to set up an SQL View in Crystal so that one report can contain data from several companies? I need to create a Crystal Report that will give me the AP Open Invoices for all of our companies. I am on Ver. 8 of GP and Ver. 9 of Crystal. Thanks, -GK Dear, You will need to use something look like the following view, replace Company1 with the first company and Company2 with the second company and so on: SELECT Company1.dbo.GL20000.ACTINDX, SUM(Company1.dbo.GL20000.CRDTAMNT) AS Credit, SUM(Company1.dbo.GL20000.DEBITAMT) AS Debit, SUM(Company1.dbo.GL20000.ORC...

Report Writer
I am trying to modify a detial trial balance report - but I cannot see the fields in layout - the fonts (Helll-vetica 7) are so small. I opened a support incident - they commiserated - but said yes it was difficult to see. How do you modify the report if you can't see it? Yes, it is difficult to read when you insert a field on the report but depending on the size of the text you selected; it would print fine to the printer and the screen. If you want to see that field clearly then change the font size for the fields. "lk" wrote: > I am trying to modify a detial tria...

FRX - AA and Natural accounts in a single Report
Hi. I have GP8.0 with analytical accounting module, and Frx 6.7 with sp3 with the Addin of analitycal Accounting installed . My Client need to make a single report who show the accounts with AA and without AA to consolidate 21 companies. When I try to add the accounts without analisis in a row, FRx dont show it, then I have to write the account on the field, but the data is not displayed in the report, only show the accounts with analisis. Any advice? BHC ...