Monthly subscription with outstanding balances

I am making my very first database for a club in Access 2007. I already have
a membership table consisting of four categories.  I need to capture (1) an
initial joining fee (2) monthly subscriptions, which are dependent on the
category and (3) show balance figures where fees are outstanding.
I am at a loss as to how to go about this and have seen the valuable help
offered on your site, for which I am very grateful.

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Kumi -

To keep this simple, I would recommend adding a table of payments.  This
table would have the following fields:
MemberID  (whatever your key value is from the membership table)
PmtDescription   (e.g. Joining Fee, Subscription, etc.)
PmtAmount        (payment amounts)
PmtDueDate       (date field for when the payment is due
PmtDate          (date field for when the payment was made
PmtNotes	 (maybe to hold a check number or to indicate payments was cash or
credit card...)

From this table you will be able to tell any outstanding balances (sum the
PmtAmount field for records without PmtDates) for any / all members.

--
Daryl S

"Kumi" wrote:

> I am making my very first database for a club in Access 2007. I already have
> a membership table consisting of four categories.  I need to capture (1) an
> category and (3) show balance figures where fees are outstanding.
> I am at a loss as to how to go about this and have seen the valuable help
> offered on your site, for which I am very grateful.

A/P out of balance by foreign exchange entries
Our A/P is out of balance by the exact amount of the entries posted to our A/P control account during cheque applies. If I add all transactions in Smartlist for one vendor (Voided=No), I get $3867.06. If I go into Smartlist > Account Transactions, pull Originating Master ID=, Account Number = Control Account, I get total of 3845.04. The difference are all the entries from foreign exchange. If I add up all the differences to foreign exchange, that is what my Aged TB is out by. How can we reconcile if the entries to foreign exchange are only in the GL? ...

Generral Ledger Trial Balance-Smartlist
I would like to use Smartlist to get a Summary trial balance from the General Ledger. Can anyone get me started doing this? We do have smartlist builder also as I dont see a 'canned' smartlist to do this. Which tables would I use to produce this? thanks! -- Doug Doug, it would take some work to do this in SmartList, but it can be done in about 2 minutes in FRx. I'm just saying..... -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FEC8A35-291E-4180-BF20-5F4091DCDE11@microsoft.com....

Money 2003 Need Help linking chking pmt to a loan balance
I have set up an auto loan and I want my payments to be applied to the balance of the loan when I make a payment from my checking account. Help please? Have you tried the special category Loan Payment:[name of loan account]??? "Shannon" <thejeremiahs@juno.com> wrote in message news:111c01c3b3a8$db4a8ec0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have set up an auto loan and I want my payments to be > applied to the balance of the loan when I make a payment > from my checking account. Help please? Thank you so much, It worked great! >-----Original Message----- >Have you tri...

Money did away with many months of records
I had saved Micorsoft money to a floppy and a CD on Sept 3rd. The next day upon going to enter again my money had deleted everything back to May 2002. When I open a CD or floppy they all seem to go back to the page on the computer to year 2002. I found something saying each time I exit Money it is on the C drive. How do I go about restoring the lost months. THANKS It's incredibly hard to say given that what you describe doing is not a sufficient description and certainly doesn't sound like normal/best practices for managing a Money data file. Figure out where all of your ....

problem balancing e-statement
I downloaded my statment from online..and it downloaded files previous to when I installed money. Now it is showing them accepted and i have no way of reverting to my file previous to download - i didn't back up because i didn't think it would mess up...any ideas on how to restore to previous day or time? ...

Is there an easy way to import the month of January 2008 into my..
Is there an easy way to import the month of January 2008 into my newletter. The month that the template reflects is 2003. I'd rather not have to retype all the numbers each month. I'm sure this is obvious to someone out there. I'm new to Publisher. Thanks anyone who can help. Sharon Hey Sharon, When you have your newsletter or newsletter template opened, when you choose "Page Content" and then under "See also" click on "Insert Page". In the "Insert Newsletter Pages" dialog box there are two drop down boxes (which are probably de...

Locate month n year from range of date
I just want to locate mmm, yy from my Sales book Sheet range of date which is from 4/01/05 to 2/28/06 in other sheet which have 12 rows for month column sequentially. For Example - b9 should be Apr-05 b10 should be may- 06 it should be in date format not in text Thanks and regards =TEXT(A9,"mmm-yy") -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:580A5E1F-04CE-44E0-AD95-536724F64B59@microsoft.com... > I just want to locate mmm, yy from my Sales b...

Excel will not fill in the months
Appearently Excel refuses to fill in the months. After having typed January in cell A2, selected cell A2, placed the pointer in the bottom right corner of the cell and then dragging downwards, the rest of the months do NOT fill in. For numbers it DOES work, though. This is part of the online training course at: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC010437481033 A little help would be appreciated. I am using Excel 2003. Simon Tofte Simon, Check Tools / Options... "Custom Lists" tab, and make sure that you have a list "January, February,..." ...

Find last day of month depending on criteria
Range A1:JA1 has all our work days for the year (holidays and weekends are excluded). In P32 I want to enter the number of a month (i.e. 1 = Jan, 2 = Feb, etc.) and have a formula in Q32 that looks in A1:JA1 and returns the largest date for the month I entered in P32. Thank you, Jeff On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 14:13:02 -0800, Jeff Jensen <JeffJensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Range A1:JA1 has all our work days for the year (holidays and weekends are >excluded). > >In P32 I want to enter the number of a month (i.e. 1 = Jan, 2 = Feb, etc.) >and hav...

Days Sales Outstanding
Ability to Include/Exclude Voided Invoices as part of Sales for Period. For Sales Outstanding user should have a choice to use either current aging or 'as of date' like HATB. -- Microsoft Dynamics GP MVP http://ddelprado.blogspot.com ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Format 8.3568 into: 8 years, 4 months, 8 days, 10 hours, 45 minute
Hello, How can I format the number 8.3568 into: 8 years, 4 months, 8 days, 10 hours, 45 minutes and 7 seconds? Thank you! On Feb 11, 3:56=A0pm, igorin <igo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > How can I format the number 8.3568 into: > > 8 years, 4 months, 8 days, 10 hours, 45 minutes and 7 seconds? > > Thank you! How does that number relate to the details you've specified? BW Matt http://teachr.blogspot.com To further explain, what follows is the logic behind it: original number: 3,050.232 which equals to: years: 3,0...

detail trial balance restrictions
I'd like to be able to print a detailed trial balance using account category as a selection. example: We are a financial instituion and issue credit cards. I would like to provide the credit card department a detail of all activity on particular account, whether income, expense, asset, or liabiltiy. I can create a new category, but it can only be used when pulling a smart list. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message p...

template for 2006 Sun-Sat 1 month per page
Availability of a template for use in Microsoft Publisher calendar for a 2006 Sun-Sat 1 month per page understated calendar with the ability to insert my own images against individual dates. What do you need to know to complete your calendar? You can insert pictures into the Understated calendar template. You can change the range date... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "John P" <John P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13B5230B-5717-4BB7-8B50-F13C3E3C9A23@microsoft.com... > Availabi...

Month Function on UK dates formats (dd/mm/yyy)
Hi, (Excel 2007) I'm in the US, created 2 tabs, 1 with US dates (formatted as DATE) and the other tab with UK dates (also formatted as DATE). File sent to UK to enter dates (dd/mm/yyyy) =MONTH works find pulling out months from US dates, but fails on some UK dates. FAILS on =month(13/1/2010) #VALUE! but ok with =month(12/1/2010). I suspect it is failing because it's "out of date range". My goal is to pull out the month from all UK dates. THANK for your help! Gene It may be for than just a formatting issue. For example in A1 enter: 1/13/2010 (US format...

Formula for Extracting Month out of a Date column
I'm looking for a formula that will look at a date in a column and return just the month. For example: Column A Row 1 is 6/10/2005 I am looking for a formula that will look at that date and return "June" (or whatever month is represented in the date) in Column B Row 1 for the same record. Any ideas? PZan -- PokerZan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378119 =TEXT(A1,"...

Date differential between a full date and a date that has a year and month.
Date Differential between full date (month, day, year) and partial date (month and day). Really need you help on this one. I am trying to write a QBE expression that identifies if the an employee's last performance evaluation date (e.g. 07/15/2007 a full date with month, day, and year) is within one year of the employee's anniversary date of hire (e.g. 12/15 just the month and day--no year). If it is, the evaluation date will be tagged as "current." If the evaluation date (e.g. 11/10/2007)is within 60 days of the anniversary month (e.g. 12/15) I will tag the evaluation ...

=month doesn't work?
I'm in Excel 2010 and trying to extract the month from a column of dates formatted to look like 1/2/2008 Using the =MONTH() function, I get the following: 1/1/1900. Why isn't this working? What do I need to do? Much obliged for any help on this. AO "OLY" <aoloroso@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0258ce38-ee99-4579-b2c3-d653047d304a@o16g2000yqg.googlegroups.com... > I'm in Excel 2010 and trying to extract the month from a column of > dates formatted to look like 1/2/2008 > > Using the =MONTH() function, I get the following: 1/1/1900. Why isn'...

Differnet Balances on Home page and actual register.
Have noticed that the balance on my checking account on the home page is -$16,000. That's in the red. But if I go the the actual check register I show that I have the correct balance of about $3500. Any idea why the difference. Last months reconcile of the checking account was off by $1050. Must have reviewed the reconcile 5 times and could find no errors. The only check I wrote for that amount was over 3 months ago. Now my account shows that amount different from my online balance at the bank. Thanks, Mike In microsoft.public.money, Mike wrote: >Have noticed that the balance...

Use Combo Box to Select Month to Display Data on Chart
Hi All, I have a bar graph that shows the following information X Axis = Date Y Axis = Copper Produced Question: How can I enable the user to select a month from a drop-down list and the chart show the data only for the selected month? -- Carlee Here are a couple ways: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Carlee" <Carlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7779E1...

Balancing Account with total deposits and payment in 2004
Using 2003, when balancing chkg acct, the total deposits and payments was shown on left column with 'difference' to balance, for each monthly statement. I just upgraded to 2004 and this is gone! It was so helpful to locate an error..can I get this to show up in 2004? Microsoft decided for some reason that most users didn't like to see it. So it went away with no known way to bring it back. It hasn't returned, IIRC. "aytchkay" <aytchkay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECB214DC-7AE3-4CD1-A7E2-5A8074D77D24@microsoft.com... > Using 2003, ...

Outstanding checks report with addresses
Does anyone know how I would get or if there is a utility available to get a list of outstanding checks from the banking module with the mailing address of the check as well as the payee? Thanks. Judy ...

Automatic Monthly Reminders
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC How can I set up Automatic Monthly Reminders and in what program does that possibility exist. In article <59bb35cc.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, Paul_D@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2004 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: Power PC > > How can I set up Automatic Monthly Reminders and in what program does that > possibility exist. Not word or office, definitely. Try iCal. -- DeeDee, don't press that button! DeeDee! NO! Dee... [I filter all ...

Inventory Trial Balance
Hi, GP v10 SP2 now comes with the Historical Inventory Trial Balance. To access this report, one has to run the Inventory Reset Tool - anyone know where this tool is accessed from? Hi Ritesh, Submit a support request to MBS and you will able to get it, this is the only way. Regards, Sheikh Asif ...

balancing acounts # of transactions.
I upgraded my microsoft money when I bought my new computer. When balancing statements the microsoft money use to list how many transactions had been marked as cleared so I could compare this to my bank account. Is there anyway to have the latest version of microsoft money show this? This was a really nice feature because I would know how many transactions I needed to be looking for. Yes it was. No there isn't. "bduncan" <bduncan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0E2F70D-D0A3-4A08-A869-3EE2D072C46D@microsoft.com... >I upgraded my microsoft mone...

Autofill Months
Hi, If I type Jan into a cell and drag across using the small black box, it does not increment the month and the option from the smart tag just gives me the option to copy with or without formulas. Although, this method does work with numbers. What do I need to do to drag and increase 1 month (or letter A B C etc) at a time. Thanks Format row as Date, "M" then drag across Caz wrote: > Hi, > > If I type Jan into a cell and drag across using the small black box, it does > not increment the month and the option from the smart tag just gives me th...