Module corruption

Has anyone ever seen this before?
I have an Access 2002 project file (connected to SQL Server 2005). When I
try to open the code window, Access crashes. I've narrow the problem down to
one module so I'm guessing there's corruption in that module.
I created a new project file and imported all the forms. I can import all
the modules except for one. Is there any way to retrieve the one module
that's causing the crash that anyone knows of? I've tried a repair several
times

Thanks for any help on this...

SAL
5/4/2007 3:35:56 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Thanks Tom.
I'll try that. I can just recheck the "P" code right?
Is the "P" code the Compile on demand option?

"Tom Wickerath" <AOS168b AT comcast DOT net> wrote in message
> Hi SAL,
>
> Try opening your database with the undocumented /decompile switch. If you
> only have one version of Access installed on your machine, then you can
> click
> on Start > Run and enter the following:
>
>     msaccess /decompile
>

> The next database you open will have it's compiled "P" code discarded. Do
> compact and repair (holding down the shift key to disable any startup
> routine). Then open any module and try clicking on Debug > Compile
> ProjectName.
>
> **If you have more than one version of Access, create a shortcut that
> points
> to the correct version of msaccess.exe (enclosed in double quotes). Then
> add
> on the space + /decompile part to the shortcut's target.
>

> Tom Wickerath
> Microsoft Access MVP
> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Tom
> http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/expert_contributors.html
>
> "SAL" wrote:
>
>> Has anyone ever seen this before?
>> I have an Access 2002 project file (connected to SQL Server 2005). When I
>> try to open the code window, Access crashes. I've narrow the problem down
>> one module so I'm guessing there's corruption in that module.
>> I created a new project file and imported all the forms. I can import all
>> the modules except for one. Is there any way to retrieve the one module
>> that's causing the crash that anyone knows of? I've tried a repair
>> several
>> times
>>
>> Thanks for any help on this...

SAL
5/4/2007 4:32:49 PM
worked nicely Tom. Thanks

"Tom Wickerath" <AOS168b AT comcast DOT net> wrote in message
> Hi SAL,
>
> Try opening your database with the undocumented /decompile switch. If you
> only have one version of Access installed on your machine, then you can
> click
> on Start > Run and enter the following:
>
>     msaccess /decompile
>

> The next database you open will have it's compiled "P" code discarded. Do
> compact and repair (holding down the shift key to disable any startup
> routine). Then open any module and try clicking on Debug > Compile
> ProjectName.
>
> **If you have more than one version of Access, create a shortcut that
> points
> to the correct version of msaccess.exe (enclosed in double quotes). Then
> add
> on the space + /decompile part to the shortcut's target.
>

> Tom Wickerath
> Microsoft Access MVP
> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Tom
> http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/expert_contributors.html
>
> "SAL" wrote:
>
>> Has anyone ever seen this before?
>> I have an Access 2002 project file (connected to SQL Server 2005). When I
>> try to open the code window, Access crashes. I've narrow the problem down
>> one module so I'm guessing there's corruption in that module.
>> I created a new project file and imported all the forms. I can import all
>> the modules except for one. Is there any way to retrieve the one module
>> that's causing the crash that anyone knows of? I've tried a repair
>> several
>> times
>>
>> Thanks for any help on this...

SAL
5/4/2007 5:09:21 PM
Wow, scary... :)

> Hi SAL,
>
> Good to hear. Thanks for reporting this back.
>
> In answer to the question you left in the other reply:
>
>> Is the "P" code the Compile on demand option?
>
> No. However, I strongly recommend that you disable (uncheck) the Compile
> on
> Demand option. You can read more about this here (scroll down a bit on
> page):
>
>    Always Use Option Explicit
>    http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/gem_tips.html#VBEOptions
>
> Michael Kaplan gives a good explaination of the undocumented decomile
> switch, and "P" code:
>
>     www.trigeminal.com
>
> See article #4, here:
>     http://www.trigeminal.com/usenet/usenet.asp?1033