Regards

0
John
8/16/2007 2:57:01 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

DoCmd.Minimize

in a command button code or other event.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>

> How can I minimize the current form?
>

> Thanks
>

> Regards

0
Arvin

copy a number typed in a cell to another & change it to word form.
There are instructions in the following MSKB article: How to convert a numeric value into English words in Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213360 "ex:1 in a cell = one in a different cell" wrote: > ...

Append New Record Via A Form?
Have never used Append Queries and therefore lack the knowledge of the same. I have a sample table "Students" with fields like: 1. ID (AutoNumber) 2. Name (Text) 3. Nationality (Lookup with Row Source being Selection from the table "Countries") 4. Date of Birth (Date) Now I want to create a form which would not be showing the records already in the database but simply present a one page layout with the 4 controls for each of the fields and a button which upon being clicked shall add the data entered in the same to the Table "Students". Please c ...

assigning a unique query for each textbox on a form
I've got a table (tblMain) with the following (relevant) fields: tblMain .FirstName .LastName .Seat .RefNum I've got a form that has a graphical display of the seats to which the people listed in tblMain are assigned. I'd like to put a text box on each seat corresponding to first and last name of the person assigned to that seat (stored in tblMain.Seat). The same database is used for various seatings so I'd like only those associated with the RefNum at hand to be called. I can write a simple enough query which I can call from VBA and which relies on a...

Adding SOP number to POP blank form
I'd like to know how to add the SOP number to the POP form in GP 8.0. I realize in the earlier version you were able to configure the SOP_POPLink table relationships to POP_PO however I can't seem to configure this in 8.0. Is there a new report writer function? Thanks, ...

hidden form
When I use the database window to view the forms, some are missing! I think that somehow they are hidden from the database view, but I don't know how to unhide them. (Yes, I know they are there because they appear at certain points in running the database.) Thanks. -- Bill You don't mention which version of Access you are using. Depending on which, you can check a checkbox somewhere to "show hidden" objects. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post....

Open A Sub-Form Using A Combo Box
I have a main form, frmEmployee, to record employee detail, one of which is a combo box, Position. I also have a sub-form for each position. Is there any way of changing the sub-form in the main form to match the position selected? Regards Nick To change the sub form try Me.[SubFormControlName].SourceObject = "SubFormName" Using the AfterUpdate event of the ComboBox -- Good Luck BS"D "Nick hfrupn" wrote: > I have a main form, frmEmployee, to record employee detail, one of which is a > combo box, Position. I also have a sub-form for each position. &g...

Form Restore From Switchboard Not Working
Hi All, hope someone can help me with a problem I haven't been able tofigure out or research the answer for. I have created "restore" and"maximize" functions for my forms in previous databases and they workgreat, but for some reason they are not working correctly in adatabase I am now working on. In the "Activate" event of the forms, Ihave used the following code, DoCmd.Restore. When I pull up the formin the database, it restores correctly, but when I call up the formthrough the Switchboard, it always maximizes. As to the Switchboard,I have checked the cod...

Modify Lead Qualify form
Hello All, Is it possible to set the default value to 'YES' for Account, Contact, and Open Newly Created records on the Lead Qualify form? Thanks, Stephanie There is no supported way to modify the form. You could write some custom, unsupported Javascript to programmatically select the check boxes. "StephanieM106" wrote: > Hello All, > > Is it possible to set the default value to 'YES' for Account, Contact, and > Open Newly Created records on the Lead Qualify form? > > Thanks, > Stephanie ...

Use Form Modules from exterior database
I have a database MyDb that have a reference with MyLibrary.mda. MyDb contains a form MyForm MyLibrary.mda contains a form MyDialogForm that have a form module form_MyDialogForm If I compile the following code in MyForm: Private WithEvents dlg As MyLibrary.form_MyDialogForm I receive an error:< User-defined type not defined> How can I do to use form_MyDialogForm from an exterior database? Thank you ...

Where are the Forms and Queries in 2007
In Access 2003 if you wanted to open your existing Forms and Queries you clicked on the Forms button. In Access 2007 this option seems to be missing. My question is how do I access the Forms,Tables and queries. The only forms button I have found creates new forms, I want to access my existing forms. Many thanks for any advice. This is one of those times when a picture paints a thousand words, so here's a picture ... http://brenreyn.brinkster.net/navpane.jpg -- Brendan Reynolds "Ernmander" <Ernmander@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CDA479B-BFA6...

Question about Forms collection
I have a super form with a tabbed control that has 6 tabs each with its own sub form(s). A Total of 8 forms involved. Form Hierarchy is as Follows Super Form Family Tab Family Contacts Sub Form Information Tab Information Sub Form Performance Tab Performance Search Form Performance Sub Form Product Product Search Form Product Sub Form Reports Reports Sub form I have been coding a set of business rules for this database and I've come across a problem According to Access Help Menu the...

Access--Form View & Print Preview Display
I have made a form in design view with a page setup of legal size, top, bottom and side margins of .4. I can see all the fields in design view, but when I "view" in Form, I only get the first page with 3/4 of the vertical page showing. I have all the fields showing in horizontal view. In Print Preview, I get only 3/4 of the first page. It will kick me to a second page, but nothing prints except the shaded box of the background. Will appreciate any suggestions. -- GEK ...

Displaying forms
How do you display the autonumber field in a new record in a form as aposed to it displaying (new) and saving the autonumber in the datasheet without having to click previous record then next record? Thanks If you are displaying an Autonumber field, you have already made a mistake. Autonumber fields should be used ONLY for primary keys of tables. They should have no meaning to your data or application. A user should never see an autonumber and they cannot be editied. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "newuser" wrote: > How do you display the autonumber field in a new ...

GL Account on POP Blank Form
I am running Dynamics 8.0, and I am want the GL account number to show up on each line item. I found the article on CustomerSource telling me how to do it, but I keep getting error messages when trying to run the report. I noticed that the article applies to GP v. 7.0. Does anyone know if the procedure is different for v. 8.0 and where I can find those instructions? We're showing the GL Account on the POP Blank Form in 8.0 and I believe we followed the same article. I don't think there have been any changes. If you'll post the error message I'll try to help. ...

Problem with a continuous form
Hello, I am developping an application in VBA with Access, and I created a continuous form, to display data coming from a table. In the form, each line displays data about a project, and each line has 4 checkboxes at the right, to allow parametrization of the projects. My problem is that when my form is displayed, I get logically one line per project (and that's ok), but I also get an empty line displayed at the end of the form (all the fields are there, but no data on them). And moreover, when I click in one of the checkboxes next to this empty line, another empty line is created. And...

Account information on contact form
Hi, I would like to show the main phone number of the parent customer on the contact form. But the field is not available. How can I do this. You do not have access to fields from related records on detail pages. You could add an IFRAME that has a custom ASPX page that displays the desired info though. Or you could use a callout to propogate the account phone changes to a field on the contacts. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Mads Bab" <MadsBab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:519649E0-F643-4E6F-811F-34E8D6C16C10@microsoft.com... Hi, I would l...

Right-click in calendar view
Hello there, when I right-click in calendar view, I can create a meeting with one of the forms selected in the context menu. That entry would start at the time where I had my mouse pointing too. Is it possible to add own form into the context menu which would act the same way? How would I do this? Thanks for any pointer regards Dan You would need to set it as the default form for that folder. Right click on the folder, select properties, use the dropdown to select the form to use when posting to this folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep...

Prefill Records in Form
I have a table with the 3 columns attached to a form 1 - Experience 2 - Yes/No 3 - Role I want to prefill the experience column with 15 entries for the user to complete when they open the form. Is there a way to do this in Access? Joe, Are you saying you want to provide the user with 15 choices from which to opick one to go in Experience? If so, create a table with the 15 choices and then place a combobox based on that table in the form with Experience as the record source. Stalin wrote: >I have a table with the 3 columns attached to a form > >1 - Experience > >2 - Yes/N...

Creating a form #3
Can I creat a Form in Publisher? I am able to create a form in MS Word 2000 that people can just check off boxes. I am using Publisher 98, and I'm wondering if any later versions are able to create these same forms. Thank you. Publisher 98 has business form templates. Try adapting one of them for your own needs. All versions of Publisher have business form templates. There are others on the Office web site, but Publisher 98 is not compatible with those. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.ip...

Split Form Data sheet focus
I would like when I open a split form for it to open and the focus to be on a field on the datasheet view part and not on the form view part. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help. Vass We aren't there. We can't see what you're looking at. We may not share the same definitions. What do you mean by "a split form"? Who created it? Have you tried using the .SetFocus command? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Vass" <Vass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:350C6826-4192-403B-A5BE-9F6268DD2EE6@microsoft.com... &g...

Access
My cursory looks at Access, courtesy of some work my wife is doing with it, has me scratching my head about somethings. A .mdb file seems to encompass both the database and all the 'code' (forms, modules, and logic) used to CRUD the data in the tables. 1) Is there any way to separate the database from the code into separate files, eg. the db is mydata.mdb and the 'code is in a separate file, eg. code.mdb? 2) Say you have v1.0 of an app and the tables and attributes are populated with data. You then go and build v2.0 of the app, adding tables and columns to what already existed i...

Using an unbound textbox next to each record in form, with all records showing?
I am working with an inventory system, and would like to have a form that shows all products and their current inventory levels, and next to each of them have a textbox for entering in new inventory levels. Is this possible somehow? I can't seem to so it with continuous forms. Is it possible to have run-time created textboxes? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. -- justme0010 justme, I'm not sure how the setup you described would be used in an inventory system. You'll have to give us more information as to what data you have, and how you plan to calculate invento...

Using a field from one sub form and into another subform
I have a form with tabbed subforms on it. subform1 - datefield1 subform2 - datefield1 When I fill out subform1 I then tab to subform2 and I would like the data in datefield 1 to carry over to the datefield1 in subform2. Is this possible? It is a bit unusual in a well-normalized relational database to have to store the same fact more than one time. If you'll describe a bit more specifically what having the same fact (date info?) in two places will allow you to do, folks here may be able to offer more specific suggestions. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MV...

criteria on form
GOod day I have two queries pulling data from two tables, with criteria between start date and end date. .. I have a third query pulling those results together. I would like to create a form and to input the criteria for the first two queries. I have problems with the criteria to put in the query. Grateful for your help. Cristina You need to create the form first with unbound text boxes for your start and end dates (you can actually format them as dates and use an input mask to make sure the dates are entered as dates). Once you save your form, you can then pu...

Compile/Analyze Word Form Field data from multiple forms?
I am trying to build a Word 2003 form that will allow me to quickly compile data from the fields in Excel. So if I have 200 forms, I will be able to open excel, update it with the completed form fields and have each Field occupy a different row. e.g: Name(field 1) Dept (field 2) Salary (field 3) bob Sales 40k mary Finance 30k joe Marketing 80k I am trying to avoid doing this manually. Any help is greatly appreciated. You may have wanted to crosspost this into both an MSWord newsgroup a...