Microsoft Office Access can't send this e-mail message

Hello all

I have an access application with some forms. Everything has been
working fine until yesterday when one of my users got the following
error:
 "Microsoft Office Access can't send this e-mail message"

One of the form in the application has a button where the user clicks
to send a file via e-mail (format .snp). The way it works is a new
outlook window opens and a file gets attach, the user then can send
the e-mail to whoever he/she wants.

I have been doing some reading and it looks like it has to do with the
Outlook security, but im not quite sure since this (the button to send
the e-mail) has been working in the past just fine. I am running MS
Access 2003 with all the current updates.

Any ideas?

0
erick
10/2/2007 9:03:24 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi

The message you mentioned means that the e mail has not left access (not
reached outlook - so it's not an outlook problem).

Check the e mail address is in the correct format.
If you have a CC option in the SendObject event then use an "If" to handle
this.
If Not IsNull .......CC address .... then
Send send to both main and CC
Else
Send to main only
End if

Hope this helps

--
Wayne
Manchester, England.

"erick-flores" wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I have an access application with some forms. Everything has been
> working fine until yesterday when one of my users got the following
> error:
>  "Microsoft Office Access can't send this e-mail message"
>
> One of the form in the application has a button where the user clicks
> to send a file via e-mail (format .snp). The way it works is a new
> outlook window opens and a file gets attach, the user then can send
> the e-mail to whoever he/she wants.
>
> I have been doing some reading and it looks like it has to do with the
> Outlook security, but im not quite sure since this (the button to send
> the e-mail) has been working in the past just fine. I am running MS
> Access 2003 with all the current updates.
>
> Any ideas?

Thank for ur reply. Here is the code behind my button that sends the
report. Hopefully you can tell me whats wrong (but as i said before,
this has been working for the last year just fine)

Private Sub Email_send_report_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_Email_send_report_Click
Dim stDocName As String
If Me.CHECK = True Then
 'do nothing
Else
            If MsgBox("message.", vbYesNo, "Submit Report?") = vbYes
Then
                Me.Dirty = False
                stDocName = "Expense Report"
                Me.CHECK = True
                Me.Refresh
                CurrentDb.Synchronize ("\path_name")
                CurrentDb.Close
                DoCmd.SendObject acReport, stDocName, "snapshot
format"
                DoCmd.Close
            Else
               'do nothing
            End If
End If

I do not have any CC as you mentioned, any ideas?

0
erick

Auto delete windows mail?
I'm using Windows mail with Vista. My junk folder has auto emptied twice in the last two months. I can't figure out why. Any help out there? -- marty "srmarty" <srmarty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D87CB396-6251-45C3-BC9A-DF77952EC095@microsoft.com... > I'm using Windows mail with Vista. My junk folder has auto emptied twice > in > the last two months. I can't figure out why. Any help out there? > -- > marty Tools>options>advanced tab>maintenance button. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. ...

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

upgrade from mac office to pc?

Crash on 'Send"

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel not Access

Microsoft POS #2

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Message comes as an attachment

Mail lMerge

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

How do I recover my messages in my mailbox?
When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are automatically deleted. But they are still in outlook not in my mail address. I want them back. Because I can not see my mails when I sign in from other computers. It sucks. On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:24:01 -0700, whereisnara <whereisnara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Please ask your question in a forum for Outlook; this one is about the Microsoft Access database product. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are >automatically deleted. But th...