Merging Data into Word and Want Checkboxes (Yes/No data type)

I am trying to merge data from my access database into word.   I have several
items that are checkboxes in access.   How do i get those checkboxes to merge
into word so that i see them.  Right now they just produce numbers if they
are checked or not.  Thanks
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

I'm not sure you can do with with a straight mail merge.  The following is a
snippet of code from one of my applications.  The app relies on documents
that have already been bookmarked with simple bookmarks (for fields longer
than 255 characters), checkboxes (for y/n fields), and textboxes for
everything else.  The merging is data driven.  The application loops through
the recordset where the data exists and joins to a table that contains the
field type and bookmark name.

        If rsDAO!ControlType = "Memo" Then
            If IsNull(rsDAO!MemoValue) Then
                If rsDAO!RequiredFlag = True Then
                    MsgBox "Required field - " & rsDAO!FieldDescription &
  -  is missing", vbOKOnly
                Else
                    WordDoc.FormFields(rsDAO!BookMarkName).result = ""
                End If
            Else
                WordDoc.Unprotect
                WordDoc.BookMarks(rsDAO!BookMarkName).Range.Fields(1).result.Text
= rsDAO!MemoValue
            End If
        Else
            If IsNull(rsDAO!TextValue) Then
                If rsDAO!RequiredFlag = True Then
                    MsgBox "Required field - " & rsDAO!FieldDescription &
" - is missing", vbOKOnly
                Else
                    WordDoc.FormFields(rsDAO!BookMarkName).result = ""
                End If
            Else
                If rsDAO!ControlType = "Checkbox" Then
                    If rsDAO!TextValue = "Yes" Then
                        WordDoc.FormFields(rsDAO!BookMarkName).CheckBox.value
= True
                    Else
                        WordDoc.FormFields(rsDAO!BookMarkName).CheckBox.value
= False
                    End If
                Else
                    WordDoc.FormFields(rsDAO!BookMarkName).result =
rsDAO!TextValue
                End If
            End If
        End If
    rsDAO.MoveNext
    Loop

"Ang2459" <Ang2459@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to merge data from my access database into word.   I have
>several
> items that are checkboxes in access.   How do i get those checkboxes to
> merge
> into word so that i see them.  Right now they just produce numbers if they
> are checked or not.  Thanks

0
PatHartman