Merge two tables

Hi there

I inherited information from a colleague who had created 2 tables instead of
one table with all the information.

How do I combine the information from the 2 separate tables into 1?

Essentially the original 2 tables are two different halves of the same
survey, Survey 1 and Survey 2.

Thank you in advance.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 20:01:01 -0800, forest8 <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi there
>
>I inherited information from a colleague who had created 2 tables instead of
>one table with all the information.
>
>How do I combine the information from the 2 separate tables into 1?
>
>Essentially the original 2 tables are two different halves of the same
>survey, Survey 1 and Survey 2.
>
>Thank you in advance.

Probably an Append Query, but the details will depend on the structure of the
tables. Do they have Autonumber primary keys? If so, it's likely that you have
records in the two tables with duplicate ID's; this can cause hassles if there
are related tables.

Are there related tables? Do you have Autonumbers? More details please!
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

With the limited information you provided I would say use an Append query.
HOWEVER, note the big however, using one table sounds more like a
spreadsheet then a normalized database which is what Access is.  Perhaps you
could provide details on your table structure so we may better reply to your
question...  Why?  Because it might be that you actualy needed 6 tables
instead on trying to turn two tables into one.

To get a better example of what I'm talking about have a look at the table
structure in this database...
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3

--
Gina Whipp

II

"forest8" <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there
>
> I inherited information from a colleague who had created 2 tables instead
> of
> one table with all the information.
>
> How do I combine the information from the 2 separate tables into 1?
>
> Essentially the original 2 tables are two different halves of the same
> survey, Survey 1 and Survey 2.
>
> Thank you in advance.

0
Gina

Two at once??
Hi I would like to be able to see the contents of 2, or even better 3, mail folders when I open Outlook rather than just the one at present. Ideally one above the other. Any ideas that could help me. Thanks Right click on a folder and choose "Open in a new window". Then right click on the taskbar & choose "Tile Windows Horizontally" "Zaphod" <zaphodbeeb@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:hZFLe.8727$wh6.2887@newsfe2-win.ntli.net... > Hi > > I would like to be able to see the contents of 2, or even better 3, mail > folders when I ...

Merge same transaction #2
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Recordset merge
I am merging from an Access 2007 Form/subforms to a bookmarked Word document. I am able to use <.MoveNext> to merge the recordsets, but get an error if there are less records. The DAO Library is referenced, I've tried this code, but now only the first record is merged and the fields of the recordsets of the form are replaced with #Name? (Fortunately, rebooting Access returns the recordset fields to former state). Any suggestions? Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set db = CurrentDb Set rs = Forms("OGML").qryMineralOwnersub.Form.Recordset rs...

Duplex printing two up
I am working on a program to print bills. I designed a report with two pages, the customer address on page one and the billing info on page two. I then print it auto duplex in landscape and it works correctly. We then fold it in half to be mailed like a postcard and the bill is hidden inside. Life is good, except for one small problem. I need to print them two-up, because our printer will only auto duplex a full page, and we do not want to waist half of every sheet of stock. We need two addresses on the front with two bills on the back. We will then cut them into two bills and fold a...

Two versions of "personal folders"
I seem to have two versions of "personal folders" in my Outlook 2003. Only one of them is used really, I think the other must have been created during a backup from file or something. Can I merge them together somehow? I tried to copy the unused one into the other, but it claims that special folders can't be moved. They each point to a different data file, the second one pointing to my backup. The weird thing is that as far as I can tell, everything from backup went into the "main" personal folder too; I had no files or folders at all before backup. Thanks for any help...

merge 2 copies of xml file???
i want to combine data from 2 versions of a music playlist , but can o0nly find help about merging 2 shared workbooks. can't seem to re-set my xml files as shared workbooks. how do i simply merge 2 lists?? -- musicman toronto On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 19:25:01 -0800, musiclover wrote: > i want to combine data from 2 versions of a music playlist , but can > o0nly find help about merging 2 shared workbooks. can't seem to re-set > my xml files as shared workbooks. how do i simply merge 2 lists?? It is not obvious why you'd want to combine two XML files with Excel. Are t...

pivot table help!
I need some help with an issue I cannot seem to solve! I have a pivot table in Excel that is based off of a data input sheet. The data changes every month and the pivot table is always linked to the specific data tab. When the underlying data changes, the "old data" still displays as options to check in the pivot table. The refresh option does not seem to fix this, nor does the "Save data with table layout" option. I only want the options to check to be current data. For example, my data sheet only has data for July and August, but the pivot table has options to check...

Tables not changing in GP
I have created a GP add-in. The latest version of this app uses 5 new tables, which are created by a process run at "Startup". The tables are created fine in SQL Server, along with the appropriate permissions. My problem is that the resources (Tools > Resources > Tables) for my product still show an old table (which has been renamed in the app) and does not show the new table. Both the changed table and the new one are in the same Table Group as the other tables and they are all in the same series (Purchasing). Before installing my nw chunk I have deleted the old dict...

empty lines in catalog merge
I am using Publisher 2003 to create a student directory. Some students have more information to be printed than others. For example, if dad or mom lives at a different address than the student that entry will have additional fields. Currently the product of my merge is working fine, but longer than it needs to be because of many blank lines. I know I can select "dont print empty lines" in Print Merge, but I want the empty lines to not be in the merge output. (I am choosing "Create new publication" in the wizard.) I am taking that merge output and combining it with s...

mail merge for brochure
Howdy all... Created a mail merge between Pub 2007 tri-fold brochure (wizard created) and Excel file...the merge works fine. But I have two issues: 1- Pub refuses to print only page 1 to pdf - I don't want the other side because I will bring this to a printer to have 3000 prints made...and see #2 - I suppose I can just delete it prior to printing. 2- So I would like to output this to ONE big pdf, so I will have 3000 copies of the same front page of brochure with different clients' names/addresses preprinted on it. Then just have the print house use a second pdf for the backsid...

make a duplicate table in access and save changes
I have a table that gives the rates of Dearness Allowance.These rates are given for different periods in percentages. ex: 01-01-2009 to 30-06-2009 37% 01-07-2009 to 30-11-2009 45% etc.. This is the default table and is applicable to almost 95% to 97% of employees. I want to make a duplicate of this table and display it in an unbound subform ( which is a continuous form). If the user makes any changes in it, it is then clear that Default rates are not applicable to him. Then, i want to store the data in a new table tblDeviations where i will store the EmployeeId also ...

Formatting Pivot Table- when doble clicking to show Detail
He there, Can I modified the format of the detail that I get once I doble click my pivot Table? Or Is there a way that once I dobleclick in my pivot table to obtain the detail, a macro can be fired to apply the format that I want?. ...

In Access 2007, how do I get a chart to reflect table data?
Am not sure how to get charts to reflect table data. It appears that you can create charts in forms and reports, and there's a chart wizard in which I select a table and fields, but the resulting chart does not have table data in it. Any suggestions? ...

Combining two worksheets with same case identifiers
Hello, I am trying to merge two workbooks containing data from an experiment. The first three columns have identical data in both workbooks, and include a participant number, value for Variable1,and value for Variable2. Each participant takes up about 12 rows of the worksheet, this includes all possible combinations of Variable1 and Variable2. The last three columns represent judge ratings. Half of these ratings are entered in Worksheet I, and half of them in Worksheet II. Some rows in Worksheet I contain missing data which is contained in Worksheet II. How do I go about combining these...

Mail Merge with Template Letter
Hi. I'm trying to set up Mail Merge in MS CRM 3.0 for some Contact records and want to use the contact's Nickname when one exists. When I create a blank letter or try to edit an existing letter template, the Nickname field doesn't seem to be available. I know that custom fields aren't available, but where are the other out-of-the-box fields besides the first, middle, and last name and address fields? Am I missing something? Is it really this limited? Hi, Out of the box email merging is limited. Couple of ways get around it: 1. Connect Excel to the Filteredcontacts...

Printing Two Forms with one Command Button
Is there a way to allow someone to print record information from two different forms with one command button. Situation is I have a form that has basic information about a contact, user click on a command button to open a new form if they need additional "detailed" information about this contact. What I would like to do is on the second form is have users press a print button that would allow them to print both forms. At this time the user needs to go to each form and press print. Both forms are set to stay open. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.c...

Error message with Publisher 2007 Catalog Merge to SQL 2005
Hello When I attempt a Catalog Merge to SQL 2005 with Publisher 2007, I get an 'invalid object name' error. Yet, when I use the exact same .odc connection in Excel 2007, the SQL view opens with no problems. Can anyone duplicate this bug and/or have a solution besides load the data into Excel, save it, and reload it into Publisher? Thanks. I can't find too much about this error. Publisher 2003 had merge problems, maybe by reading the fix, it will give you insight. Error message when you use an .odc file to connect to a specific table in a mail merge data source in Office 20...

Compare two files
I have two spreadsheets that I need to compare and then combine. The first file includes all employees including file number, name and address. The second file is for active employees only. It includes only file number and name. I want to add the second file to the first so I can eliminate terminated employees. Is there a way to do this See Chip's site www.cpearson.com He has lots of stuff on comapring sheets. Best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

How do I merge several workbooks into one on my desktop?
I have several spreadsheet (workbooks) on my desktop that I want to put into one spreadsheet. Without havingto manually copy all ofthem individually, is there an easy way to merge them into one workbook. ...

How do you make a two page purchase order?
I am using a Purchase order template, and the order needs to be 2-3 pages long. How do I continue the page on to another page and have the ending total be correct? If the sheet formulas are working correctly, then just put page breaks at the spots you want the new pages to begin. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200713 ...

Functionality Question: Can you have two views of a folder?
We're looking a building a project/knowledge management system & are considering the options within outlook. Ideally, I'd rather have a single calendar (or other folder) which has a view of certain projects for me; other projects for my co-workers, and sub-set of both for our boss. Obviously we'll need to be *able* to see the suppressed items, but normally wont. While reading "Outlook 2000: In a nutshell" by Syroid & Leuf (O'Reilly), I'm wondering if we could have a master calendar folder, and have other folders with filters applied that show a subset o...

two users, one computer, shared folders??
I am trying to set up Outlook so that two different users can access the same Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, etc. Has anyone done this successfully? So far I have two users with two independent sets of folders, but I want the same Calendar etc. to show up for both users. thanks! What operating system and version of Outlook are you using? Do you use windows profiles or only Outlook profiles? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Sue G <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Adress Book Sync over two Sites
We have a one Ex2k3 at our site with a own AD site1.com and we have still a tust to an other AD site2.se how can i sync the adressbooks (like a Siteconnector at Ex5.5) MIIS - Identity Integration Services. "HWU" <HWU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA18AFD6-70F8-444B-B04E-B1D6A99DB547@microsoft.com... > We have a one Ex2k3 at our site with a own AD site1.com and we have still > a > tust to an other AD site2.se > how can i sync the adressbooks (like a Siteconnector at Ex5.5) > > Take a look at Jim McBee's blog, he recently wrot...

new table from same data as report
Greetings, I hope this is the correct group, my question spans several topics. I have created a db from the Access 2000 time and billing wizard. Mostly it works ok. There are about a hundred peculiarities that I do not yet understand. But for now, this is the thing I have decided to work on. The db allows you to create an invoice from data that is displayed on a form from a form and some criteria info you provide. You click a command button and voila, a report with the same info. No real magic, but handy. What is missing from the template db is the real magic, a way to keep track...

creating a table automatically
hi this is my first post, i'm fairly new to excel & i was hoping someone could help me out. i'm doing some computer work for my uncle & as i was going through everything that needed doing & i came accross this excel problem. I'd already created the document which is an operational status report. when he asked me to set it up so that a section of the report would automatically appear on each new page of the document. he's given me a list of the cells he wants to appear automatically. the list is a box from the cell A8 down to the cell N17. within the box is at least...