Menu subform

I am contemplating of creating a menu-type form with several command buttons to perfrom navagational and housekeeping functions. I was thinking of incorporating this menu as a subform on other forms but not sure how to code the command buttons so the same action is performed no matter what form calls it.maybe it isn't such a good idea after all.Brian
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

This example might help you get there:    http://www.lebans.com/recnavbuttons.htmIMHO, the the toolbar buttons (for undo, delete, filter, find, etc) and built-in navigation buttons are the simplest and most reliable approach. A custom toolbar that includes the nav buttons and a Save Record button is dead easy to create (Ctrl+Drag from other toolbars).-- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western AustraliaTips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.htmlReply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org."Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messagenews:8D24A23B-87DC-4D08-8E36-0425BD2648D2@microsoft.com...>I am contemplating of creating a menu-type form with several command >buttons> to perfrom navagational and housekeeping functions. I was thinking of> incorporating this menu as a subform on other forms but not sure how to > code> the command buttons so the same action is performed no matter what form > calls> it.>> maybe it isn't such a good idea after all.>> Brian
0
Allen

Drop down menu #3
Hi, I want to create a drop down menu for my customer list. The drop down menu should have a auto search function. eg. If I type in "Mic", the drop down menu will bring me to the customer name close to "Mic". How can I do it? Can I update the customer list regularly. Pong This previous post by Debra Dalgleish would be of interest: "Although data validation doesn't support autocomplete, there's a sample file here that provides a combobox from which you can select one of the values from the data validation list. In the combobox, you can enable autocom...

Tabbing into continuous subform ignores the first control
When I tab into the subform, from the last position in the main form, the focus moves to the second control in the continuous subform except on the first record entered in a session. I shift+tab back to the first control and the tabbing is normal from then on until the next record gets to the subform. The order of the controls on the subform is the same as the fields in the underlying table and the effect is the same in Datasheet view (of the subform). This first control on the subform is a combo box if that effects anything. Is there a way to get the tabbing right? ern. No, I thought the...

How can you customize the left Menu?
Hi all, I would like to display only "Opportunity" in the "Sales" area. How can do that? Thanks in advance. Alan Alan, I know you can add items to the menu through the ISV config option. If you can't remove items you may have to develop a small application to just show the opportunities. Calvin Luttrell How e-commerce is done. http://blog.projectthunder.com http://www.projectthunder.com "Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77D317F7-3065-47F3-9031-DF83A64EA9AA@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > I would like to dis...

401: Unauthorized when clicking on Reports menu item
OK, I have fresh install of Microsoft CRM 3.0 on a server and using a current instance of reporting services on a second server. When I click on the reports link in the workplace section I get a 401: Unauthorized. The further information says the the requested URL is home_reports.aspx and it is a HTTPUnhandledExpection. Does anyone know what this error is, where I can get further informaiton on the error (there is nothing in the windows event logs) cause this product is driving me insane. Thanks GJC Hi! Try http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=51BF9F20-BD00-4759-8378-...

How to determine if subform has record or not
Hi, I have a Master/Sub form for data entry. Before doing data entry, I want to check the number of record of the subform, If subform is empty then add commune names that belong to the Master ID project thru append query (So that user will have a list of communes ready) SF One way is to check the RecordCount of the subform's recordset: If Me.SubformName.Form.Recordset.RecordCount = 0 Then ' no records Else ' at least one record End If where SubformName is the name of the subform control (the control that holds the subform object). -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS ...

After Insert not firing on subform
I have a main form (Employees) and a subform (Accidents). They are linked by EmployeeID. On the subform, there is a numeric field, ClaimNumber, which I want to auto populate. So on the After Insert property for Accidents, I have code like this: lngCounter = ahtGetCounter() 'get a new claim number from the counters table and increment it Me.ClaimNumber = lngCounter ' assign it as out claim number. This works fine if I already have an employee in the database. But if I'm adding a new employee, and then move to the subform to add a new accident, the ClaimNumbe...

How to set a icons instead of a menu text?
Hello, I'm not quiet sure this can be done , but i would like for some reasons to set icons to describe my menus. Can this be done and how? Many thanks Breadl, It is possible to owner-draw menus, youmight want to check here: http://www.codeproject.com/menu/ and here: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/menu/ for samples. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%23hH2cnyxEHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > I'm not quiet sure this can be done , but i would like for so...

Money 2003
Hi, Does anyone know how to re-enable or show all of the context menu selections for an EPay Bills & Deposits" Payee? This Payee has worked fine for over a year, today I went to pay the bill online and the only items that are being displayed when I right clink on this Payee are: Go to Account: Your bank Go to Account: My Citi Card Go to Payee: Citi Card The context menu should have the following selections: Pay Online ---------- Edit ---------- Go to Account: Go to Payee: Go to Category: Go to Subcategory: ---------- Skip This Occurrence Delete To the best of my knowledge I h...

Change source in a Subform
I am trying to change the Source Object for a subform, depending on the user input in a prior form. I have a form that gets input from a user. If the value chosen in that form is 1, another form opens (RequestForm) and I want the Source Object for the subform to be BudgetData; if the value is 2 I want the source object to be BudgetDataFlat. The relatively simple code I am using is: If Frame29 = 2 Then DoCmd.OpenForm "RequestForm", acDesign Forms!RequestForm.BudgetData.Source = "BudgetDataFlat" End If Access returns the message "Object ...

Start Menu organization
I used to have CONTROL PANEL as a separate item above the dividing line in the Start Menu panel. Due to a complete re-install of XP Pro, I lost all the customization that had been in place. Now, CONTROL PANEL is inside the SETTINGS item below the dividing line and I'd like to get it from there to above the line. Nothing in one of the 900 page books I have deals with this. How can I re-arrange the items above the line? Also, what is the significance of that line? What is different about the items above and below the line? Thanks, Fred a) Open the Control Panel as a wind...

2 Subforms, can't change link fields for one
I have two subforms on my main form. The second is a copy of the first, but I want to link it to separate fields on the main form. When I open the main form in design view, the first subform shows in design view, but the second is just a blank control. The controlsource field is set to the same as the first. When I try to change the link child/master fields, it says: "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist." and blanks it out. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, =Ray= ...

Creating a custom menu
Hello I have created a database that has four areas for students: Personal Information, Notes, Personal Plan, Personal Assessment. I want to create a custom menu so that when anyone enters new data for one of the section, they select it from the main menu. After they choose which section they wish to add information, they can they choose from a set of forms to enter data. Is there an easy place for me to learn how to set up these custom menus in Access 2007? Thanks You right-click an existing toolbar (e.g. the line at the top with "File" "Edit" e...

SubForm, or something Else?
I have Chosen (big Grin) to utilize the new Multivalued fields option offered in Access 2007. But, as always, I get started very excited, but am unable to finish... Not sure how to design my Form - but it would be a Main Form Sub Form With ChurchID (as Main) and a Subform with PositionTitle1 (Non-repeating) (Indented) MinisterName1 (Indented) MinisterName2 (Indented) MinisterName3 PositionTitle2 (Non-repeating) (Indented) MinisterName1 (Indented) MinisterName2 (Indented) MinisterName3 I'm totally confused as to how to proceed... Can anyone assist? Here is my Query (e...

subform not found on mainform
Hi, I have an unbound form “frmMainForm”in which I have a bound subform “frmSubForm”. I have a string strSQL which I use for the recordsource of “frmSubForm” : Set rst = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL) I do not seem to be able to execute this command : When I’m in the code of the main form, I have this line : Me![frmSubForm].Form.RecordSource = strSQL I get error 2465 : Access does not find frmSubForm. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you, W Hi, try it like this Private sub MyRoutine() Dim strSQL as String strSQL = "code or name of the query here" Me![Name o...

how do I take task off of startbar menu
Need to know how to take a task of the startbar menu. Something from the internet got on my taskbar and it keeps my computer transmitting hour glass on my screen. this is not an excel question. post in the windows newsgroup. run virus scan too. >-----Original Message----- >Need to know how to take a task of the startbar menu. Something from the >internet got on my taskbar and it keeps my computer transmitting hour glass >on my screen. >. > It might not be enough to remove it from the Start Menu--(unless it's under the windows start|Programs|startup menu??). ...

Tools Icon on Excel Menu Bar Missing
I don't know what I did, but the Tools Icon on my Excel (2000)Menu bar has gone missing. I've even tried re- installing Office 2000, but I didn't get it back. Can anyone help? You can reset your menubar to default Right click on the menubar and choose customize Under Toolbars select the worksheet menubar and click on reset on the right You lost the things you add to the menubar!! -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "GHO" <olsongh@boone.net> wrote in message news:014a01c34f9e$d4cdf3c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I don'...

GoTo | Service menu is not available
The GoTo | Service menu is not available on a new installation. Any ideas why, or how to access it? This is a new installation and I am logged in with system administrator rights. Currently, the only way I can get into services at all is to set my homepage to one of those areas. is this on crm 1.2?? "Jeff S" <Jeff S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1413FFAF-9C3A-45A1-B99E-9E1D80F89F00@microsoft.com... > The GoTo | Service menu is not available on a new installation. Any ideas > why, or how to access it? > > This is a new installation and I a...

changing menu language
I bought Mac X Office for my wife who is bi-ligual but prefers to work in Spanish...when I upgraded her computer to OS X, I was able to change the operating language to Spanish from English, in other words, all the commands and menus are in Spanish... I can't figure out how to do the same in Office... I am not talking about the spell check, but the actual menus... one friend said I had to buy the software in a spanish speaking country... do i have to buy another copy of the software or is there a setting in the program somewhere where i can change the operational language. Make se...

Subform Calculations
I am using a tab-control continuous subform to enter multiple part numbers and quantity for a manufacturing process. Each quantity entered must be increased per a "Add-On %" field, which is a combo box in the subform listing multiple %'s. A SetValue macro calculates the entered [Quantity * (1 + the Add-On) to produce a "Total Quantity" for each entry. The problem is that the calculation only gets applied to the first entry in the subform, and ignores the rest of the list. Your help will be appreciated. ...

Disappearing Menu Items
I added News to the Go menu of Outlook 2003 as described in the help files. This worked fine for a few days but then it disappeared from the menu list. Even worse it isn't in the Customise options any more so I can't add it again. Now I can only access News groups by starting Outlook Express directly. Anyone know how to add it to the menu items again please? To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch...

Subform to form events
I have a form with a subform (which is a datasheet). I found that the subform control OnClick event will fire when I move from the form to the subform, however, I can not find an event that will fire when I move from the subform back to the parent form. I have tried Form_Activate, Form_MouseClick, Form_KeyDown, etc. MouseMove seems to work once in a while but not stable enough to trust. Does anyone know how I can get code to run when I switch from a subform back to a form? Hi, there is an on exit event for the subform. This fires when the user leaves the subform and returns to the main f...

function drop down menu
hi y'all, i just started working on a new computer with Microsoft Visual C++. on my old computer i had a great drop down menu at the top that showed all the functions in whatever file i had open, and by selecting the function i could jump right to it. i can't seem to figure out how to get that drop down back. i know this is a goofy question, but can someone help me out? regards, mitenko "mitenko" <mitenko@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1163101841.366890.142670@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > hi y'all, > > i just started working on a new computer ...

requery subform from sub form
Thank you how can i requery subform from subform ? "a" <youb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23R9c$8tSIHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Thank you > how can i requery subform from subform ? Me.Parent!Subform2ControlName.Form.ReQuery thank you the work correctly "Stuart McCall" <smccall@myunrealbox.com> wrote in message news:fl83eg$3o6$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk... > "a" <youb@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:%23R9c$8tSIHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >> Thank you >> how can i requery subform from subfo...

Call a subform function from the form?
Hi All, I need to update a couple of text boxes on a subform after a combobox on the main form is changed. What is the syntax for calling a function in a subform module from the module for the mainform? Thanks, Max Remove the Private keyword from the Sub declaration line in the subform's module. If the subform is name Sub1, and the procedure is named Text0_AfterUpdate, you can then call it like this: Call Form_Sub1.Text0_AfterUpdate An alternative approach would be to move the procedure into a standard module. You can pass a reference to the form like this: Funct...

How can I print a page with the menu bar, database toolbar, etc
"Danielle" <Danielle@discussions.microsoft.com> сообщил(а) в новостях следующее:C61E70B8-7378-49ED-9121-2BE5E2B21575@microsoft.com... > ...