Memo field spacing question

I have a memo field in a form and I want to be able to have the user hit
enter to move to the next line of the space, however when you hit enter in
the field it just brings you to the next field in the form.

In excel I would accomplish this by hitting the alt and enter key - how do i
do this in a memo field on a form?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You can hit Ctrl+Enter or Shift+Enter or set the property sheet (Enter Key
Behavior property) for the control to New Line in Field (on the Other tab).
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Belinda7237" <Belinda7237@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a memo field in a form and I want to be able to have the user hit
> enter to move to the next line of the space, however when you hit enter in
> the field it just brings you to the next field in the form.
>
> In excel I would accomplish this by hitting the alt and enter key - how do
> do this in a memo field on a form?

0
Arvin
3/18/2008 9:58:14 PM
On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:46:03 -0700, Belinda7237 wrote:

> I have a memo field in a form and I want to be able to have the user hit
> enter to move to the next line of the space, however when you hit enter in
> the field it just brings you to the next field in the form.
>
> In excel I would accomplish this by hitting the alt and enter key - how do i
> do this in a memo field on a form?

Either ...
1) Press Ctrl + Enter
or...
2) Set that control's Enter Key Behavior to New Line in Field
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

Quick Questions
I have been tasked with creating an excel template for tracking time per specific jobs. I have 2 quick questions I hope someone can help me with. First. I have some standard formulas that total up certain columns in each row. These formulas will repeat in each row but I need to change the row number in each formula when I go from one row to the next. Is there anyway I can automate this so that everytime I start a new row I can copy from the row above but not have to change the row numbers? That it would automatically know we are in a new row and use the corresponding row number. Let me...

Easy Formula Question
easy I'm sure if you know how - but I don't. Value of cells N26 and O26 are added together and result shown in P26 if both values in these two cells are zero (£0.00) I want cell P26 to be blank and not show a £0.00 value any ideas ?? thanks Use an IF function: =IF(SUM(N26:O26)=0,"",SUM(N26:O26) Andrea Jones http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk http://www.stratatraining.co.uk http://www.allaboutclait.com "Anthony" wrote: > easy I'm sure if you know how - but I don't. > > Value of cells N26 and O26 are added together and result shown in...

Can I make my spreadsheet single spaced
Please and Thank you! Can I make my spreadsheet single spaced with out deleting each row individually? If your layout is like this row with data empty row and so on where the empty rows are truly empty there is an easy fix select the column, press F5, click special, select blanks and click OK, press Ctrl and - (ctrl and minus/hyphen), select entire row and press enter of click OK, done -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Angelica" <Angelica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FE374FB-7677-49B4-A4C9-CD6A345AAB8D@microsoft.com... > Please and Thank you! > &g...

Questions about the Data Migration Framework
Hello, I try to use the Data Migration Framework and during population of the CDF-Database I run in a problem which I would like to discuss. The task is quite simple but I found the DMF to be the most suitable solution to it. We want to remove the leads from our database and only run contacts and customers. We found that our organization doesn't need the separation of Leads and Customers in the sense CRM sees it. We will set the status of a contact/account via a customized field. So in an Access-Database I set links to the CRM-tables for Lead and Annotation. Also I set links to the CDF-...

add duration field of multiple appointments
I'm curious what the best method for adding duration fields of appointments. If the answer consists of exporting to excel....how can I manipulate the data effecitively. I've tried multiple ways but not getting good results. Thanks. Do you mean in recurring appointments or for several individual appointments? What is the desired result? The duration is calculated from the start and end date - its not something you'd change directly. If we know what your plan is, we might have other suggestions. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-...

How can I format a cell so date field only displays the Month?
I'd like to have cells with date fields only display the Month. Instead of MM-YY or MM-DD-YY...I'm looking for just MMMM. Thank you. On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 16:35:01 -0800, "tk_2u" <tk_2u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'd like to have cells with date fields only display the Month. Instead of >MM-YY or MM-DD-YY...I'm looking for just MMMM. >Thank you. Format/Cells/Number Custom: mmmm --ron Right-click on the cell with the date in it > FormatCells > NumberTab > Custom > ..type MMMM in the window Vaya con Dios, Chuck CABGx3 "t...

Tab spacing in formula...
I have a sheet that pulls info from several other fields to create a text string. The problem is that I need all of the values from my other cells to be a tab space apart. Right now they are separated by several spaces, but it is throwing off my numbers. example, what I have: Name Date Value John 2.20.07 1 Dan 3.20.07 2 example, what I need: Name Date Value John 2.20.07 1 Dan 3.20.07 2 Franky 4.05.07 3 I imagine you have a formula like: =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 so you are putting a fixed number of...

Report Sum question
Hi all I have a report that shows output from a League Table Most years have just Played/Won/Drawn/Lost/For/Against/Points format However, a handful of years had an added Bonus Point feature, where the team who had the highest aggregate score over the home and away ties got a bonus point. In a year where there are no bonuses the field in the table is left blank, whereas bonus years are recorded 0, 1, 2, 3 etc etc I have figured out how, on my report to sum the points and bonuses using =Nz([Points],0)+Nz([Bonus Points],0). The report is all encompassing of all years (one year ...

mail boxes per edb file and archive management questions
Hi... 1. How large can an edb file get and how many mail boxes can one hold? 2. I read somewhere that exchange can have a max of 4 edb files? 3. What are the best practises when an edb file reaches maximum size... how do you move messages in the edb file to the archive storage? /D This is dependent on the version of Exchange you are running. For example: Exch 2K3 Std Edition has a 75GB limit per edb/stm (the Exchange data store is made up of an .edb and .stm file) Exch 2K3 Ent Edition has no practical limit. How large you should allow your data store to become depends really on your ...

Msgbox question 01-07-08
hello I have often used DoCmd.MoveSize 1000, 500, 2000, 2500 to position and size forms. Is there a way to position and size Message boxes? -- Thanks No. If you want to do that, create your own form and use that as a "message box", then you can manipulate its location and size. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Sophie" <Sophie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:831A8804-5A40-4C3F-9E48-59AF65E4107B@microsoft.com... > hello > > I have often used DoCmd.MoveSize 1000, 500, 2000, 2500 to position and > size > forms. I...

Basic questions about Personal vs. Offline folders
I've done some reading and research but cannot seem to find a concise solution to my dilema. I use a Microsoft Exchange server for Outlook. 1. I would like to be able to read my mail offline when I don't have access to the server 2. I would also like to be able to limit the amount of mail on the server. >From what I have read, Offline folders would be a good solution for #1 but not for #2, because offline folders need to be sync'ed with the server from time to time. Personal folders sound like a solution to #2 but not to #1. Am I misinformed? Is there a solution that will sat...

Query keeps looking for Query1 field
Okay... so I have this bad habit of saving queries as Query1, Query2, etc if I have not completed them and I get interrupted. It helps me get back to the incomplete work faster/easier. I have a DB that began as an Access 2007 DB (.accdb) and was converted down to an Access 2003 DB (.mdb). Since then, these queries that began their life as Query1, Query2... keep asking for fields from their old query name. I have looked in the SQL, the Parameters, etc but can find no reference to the old query name. One solution is to copy and paste the SQL into an empty query and save it w...

How can I create a multiple field search box? (corrected post)
Hi, I need assistance in creating a multiple field search box, i have a screen shot but i couldn't find a way to include it in this message. I have been battling with this problem for weeks. the search box was created in foxpro, i'm trying to create a similar search box in ms access 2003. it searches only one table so each table has a search box for it. Here is a description for the search box for the community table which is one of the tables in the database. It has a drop down list that selects all the fields in the table such as area code for the community, community code, and com...

a question about "MM_ISOTROPIC "
hi, everyone i have a question about map mode. the following paragraph is copyed from MSDN. "MM_ISOTROPIC Logical units are converted to arbitrary units with equally scaled axes; that is, 1 unit along the x-axis is equal to 1 unit along the y-axis. Use the SetWindowExt and SetViewportExt member functions to specify the desired units and the orientation of the axes." i want to know how the above two funtions specify the orientation of the axes. thanks for your reply! ...

easy subform question
I'm new at this. I have objects. These objects are directly related to one another. I have a separate table for the relationship-- Id1 and Id2. i have a form for each individual object. How do I make a subform that will show Id1 and Id2 when it is relevant--Id1=the current object's ID or Id2==the current object's ID. I'd like to be able to input to this form/subform and perhaps even use the names from the individual's tables in order to select them in a combo box. Thanks, Jason Kohout jason.kohout@gmail.com Jason, Can you please give some more details of what yo...

2010 Format Questions Please
Excel 2010 - I am using a sheet created by someone else and would like to delete the following 2 formats that I am unfamiliar with: 1. In the upper left corner of many cells are little green "wedgies", how do I get rid of them? NOTE: I unchecked OPTIONS/FORMULAS "formulas referring to empty cells" and about 1/2 of the wedgies disappeared. 2. Some of the cells have a yellow background color even though I have chosen none for the fill option. I believe this has something to do with a conditional formatting. How do I get rid of the background color? Thanks in advance... Bob...

Delete persons from the to field i Outlook 2002
Hello, How do I delete a name from my automatic drop down menu in the to field. If I send a mail to fx. microsoft@microsoft.com, the next time I write mic... in the to field, the drop down menu keeps the address in the list. How do I delete this name again. Best regards Kim ...

QBDG question
Is there a way to create a query based distribution group from a non- mail enabled security group? When I do a "Customize filter" in the query based distribution group properties and search for User: member of, I get no results, even though there are plenty members of that group. It is a global group, and I tried changing it to a universal one, but no change in results. Exchange 2003 Did you try entering it as an LDAP filter string... e.g. (&(objectClass=user)(mailNickname=*)(memberOf=distinguishedName of the Security Group)) ? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise...

Math Question
This is probably real simple for somebody, I just can't get it. If I want 50% more of something in cell A1 I would Type: =SUM(A1)+(A1*50%) So if A1 is 14 the result would be 21...Perfect. But if A1 is (14) the result is (21) Not the (7) I wanted. Can anybody help??? First, you SUM() function is superfluous. SUM(A1) returns A1. I'm not sure why you think that positive 7 should be 50% of negative 14, but you can achieve your goal using =A1 + ABS(A1)/2 In article <9F6DFDFB-AEAA-4723-81FA-265E9E077F12@microsoft.com>, "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com...

SBS 2008 Remote Workplace and Companyweb Question
Hi all, Our company is currently running SBS 2003, and our e-mail, domain are both hosted by a 3rd party company. We're currently logging in to remote workplace using an IP xx.xx.xx.xx/remote, but this IP is different from our current domain name IP. We're installing SBS 2008 on a new server, but unlike the setup wizard in SBS 2003 the setup wizard in SBS 2008 does not allow us to type in an IP address for the domain name. Since our domain and remote desktop access IP are different, what is the proper procedure to setup remote access? Also, is there a way to copy ...

Extracting the Contents of a Field
Is there a simple way to extract the text contents from a field and paste as text while retaining the formatting? What works is selecting half the text, copy, paste. Select the other half, copy, paste. If I select it all and paste, I get the field against. I thought paste special might work but has given me no joy. Paste the field and then unlink it (Ctrl+Shift+F9). -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org <faceman28208@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0c5874a2-14fa-4242-8331-bb2c9abdaa13@h12g2000vbd.g...

Switch Language for fields.
Hi, I am working on an English Document in an English version of Office on a German PC. My citations use S. instead of p. for pages in citations. How can I change that? Regards In the "Edit Source" dialog, there is a Language dropdown list at the top right corner where you can set your source's language. The available choices depend on your settings. Also, right click on a citation or bibliography field and select "Edit Field...". You will see a format string containing \l followed by a 4 digit number. The latter is the locale used to represent yo...

DHCP question
Hi, I have 2 IP which I want to exclude from a range. One of the IP is used by a switch and the other one is assigned to a phone system - so I dont know the mac address. How do I exclude those 2 Ip's from the range. I only see the option to reserve in DHCP in window 2003. Thanks biren wrote: > Hi, > > I have 2 IP which I want to exclude from a range. One of the IP is > used by a switch and the other one is assigned to a phone system - so > I dont know the mac address. > > How do I exclude those 2 Ip's from the range. I only see the option to...

Make active contract/contractdetails fields read/write
By default MS CRM makes invoice/Active Contract and it's Contract Lines read-only. Is there a way to make some of Contract Lines/contractdetail fields read-write again ? ...

Filtering Question -
Hello, I have a search form where I have multiple fields for selecting the criteria, then a corresponding field for operand (=,<, etc) and then a field for value. What I would like to do is to limit the value field to the corresponding field in the database. For the criteria, I'm using a unbound txt box that is retrieving a field list from a table. I can type in the value and the search is successful. However what I'd like to do is to limit the search based on the contents of the field. For instance if the user selected LASTNAME for criteria 1, I'd like the value ...