MDA files get name in references from?

I have several .mda files that I reference in various .mdb files and I
have one file that has a slightly different name shown in the
references/available references dialog box. This is not a big deal but
I would like the naming to be consistent and cannot for the life of me
figure out how to change the reference name that is displayed in this
box.

Thanks in Advance!
0
techrat
12/21/2009 6:55:24 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi Techrat,

I just did a quick experiment, and it looks like the VBA Project Name is
what shows up in the references listing, when you select the resulting .mda
file as a reference.
Open any code module in your .mda file. Then click on:

      Tools | {ProjectName} Properties...

Tom Wickerath
Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/

"techrat" wrote:

> I have several .mda files that I reference in various .mdb files and I
> have one file that has a slightly different name shown in the
> references/available references dialog box. This is not a big deal but
> I would like the naming to be consistent and cannot for the life of me
> figure out how to change the reference name that is displayed in this
> box.
>
> Thanks in Advance!
Perfect! This is one of those things that I could have spent far too
long trying to figure out on my own!
Ah the power of asking!
0
techrat

Problem after moving files
Hi, a customer of mine just moved all his Exchange 5.5 mdb-files (with directories) to new drive, dismounted his old d: and renamed the new drive to d: to get the paths right. After this he cannot start any other service than the SA. If he tries to start the DS he get´s an error stating "cannot start the directory. This could be an internal win error..." and no eventlog at all. The first eventmessage stated i by the IS who says that it´s depending on the directory to start and returns an odd "%%0" error. Anyone have any ideas about this? "ThomasA"...

.txt files open in Excel as read-only
We need to open most of our .txt files in Excel 2000 and after associating the .txt file type to Excel the document opens as "read-only" even though the read-only attribute is not selected in the properties of the document. This is happening on Windows 2000 Professional OS using Office 2000. What could be causing this problem? Thanks. Jenny Just a guess: Where are the .txt files located? Are they on a network? Does the user have update abililty on that server/share? If you move the files to a local harddrive, do they open ok from there? If yes, I think I'd look at ...

PLEASE HELP......Can not open MS Outlook files since
downloading windows xp pro Assuming you mean you installed a legal copy of Windows XP... what version of windows did you have installed before and did you back up you *.pst before upgrading? If not, have you searched your drive for *.pst yet? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://...

Range Names
What distinguishes a named range from being viewed: 1) In the NameBox (theDrop-down box - to left of the formula bar) Versus 2) By doing Control+F3 (equivalent to Insert, Name, Define...) TIA, I'm not exactly sure what your question is, but names that refer to formulas or constants are not displayed in the Names box, but are displayed in the Names dialog. Beyond that, I think the two behave the same. Perhaps you could be a bit more specific? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "JMay" <j...

Internet Address for Bank Gets Overwritten Every Time Money loads
Every time I start Money 2005 Deluxe, it updates the Internet address for one of my credit card institutions. It must be pulling the address from some lookup table and overwriting the correct address that I have provided (by going into "Update advanced Web settings" from the Contact information screen and entering the correct address in all four fields). The account is United Mileage Plus Credit Card which used to be administered through Bank One, but recently changed hands to Chase. The correct address is: https://online.firstusa.com/ The incorrect address that Money keeps pr...

Excel name list dropdown lost
I have a workbook with 10-15 names that used to appear in a drop down list and I was able to select a name and go directly to the array that it defined. I hit some key by mistake and now I cannot see my dropdown list. I tried getting out of Excel and reloading the worksheet and that did not work. This list was created by clicking Insert/name/define. It was working just fine until I hit some key. Any help on getting my list back would be greatly appreciated. Thanx Jim -- JimBray ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JimBray's Profile: http://www.ex...

Outlook could not recognize one or more names?
I have the below code that creates an outlook e-mail. I get the error message "Outlook could not recogniz one or more names." Now varemailtro is where the error occurse. This variable is equal to the "name@domain.com", and have added a msgbox to show what it is equal to, so I know it exists and with the quotes..... The line in the code for declaring its value is: varemailtrto = Chr(34) & DLookup("[TransmittalEmailAddress]", "tblTransmittalTo", "[TransmittalTo] Like '" & [Forms]![frmTransmittal]![TransmittalTo] &am...

How to get the button ID in GridView
Hello, My GridView has several buttons in defferent columns. When the button is clicked, is there a way to get a clicked button ID in the GridView_RowCommand event? Thank you, Peter "Peter Afonin" <pafonin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:el1HkRuTLHA.2100@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > My GridView has several buttons in defferent columns. When the button is > clicked, is there a way to get a clicked button ID in the > GridView_RowCommand event? When GridView_RowCommand is called the second parameter "e" (of type ...

Skip password protect files and open non protected files
Hi, I am using the below code to password protect all the files in a folder and its subfodlers. The code opens all the files one by one and saves them with a password. If any file is password protected macro gives me an error. please help me solve this... I tried with a error handler which will move to next file on a error but didnt worked properly. Sub ExecuteListFiles() Range("A20").Select Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.StatusBar = "Processing... " Dim strpathfile As String strpathfile = Range("...

How to get a listbox to move when scrolling down spreadsheet
I added a calendar control to my spreadsheet which moves down whenever I scroll down the spreadsheet which is fine, and now I want my listboxes to behave the same way, but they don't. I didn't change or add any of the Calendar control properties to get it to work this way and I'm wondering how I can get my combo boxes and listboxes to move as well. The Format Control property for the listboxes/combo boxes is set to "Move but don't size with cells", so I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'm using Excel 2002. Any help or ideas on this would be greatly ap...

I get a program error when I download an excel template
I have excel 2000. When I try to dl a template, excel crashes i.e. the standard program error "a log will be created". Of course I can't understand the log. Hi does this crash happen while downloading in Internet Explorer or which program does raise this error? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Bill Brobeck wrote: > I have excel 2000. When I try to dl a template, excel crashes i.e. the > standard program error "a log will be created". Of course I can't > understand the log. I click the download button on ie then after a few seconds excel st...

Getting value from another excel file
Hello I need to know the formula on how to get values from another excel file. Help plsssssssssssssssss... thanks Easiest method: Go to file 2. Copy cells. Do not close the workbook. Go to file 1. Edit-->Paste special-->Paste link. Save. Close file 2. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "ltamisin" <leoft2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eUFTig6eFHA.1136@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello > > I need to know the formula on how to get values from another excel file. > > Help plsssssssssssssssss... > > tha...

how do i print a list of names and dates in excel into a two-colu.
i have a list of names and dates comprising three columes in excel. How do i print this list in an array two colums wide on 81/2x11 paper. i.e.: NAME....DATE....DATE NAME...DATE....DATE there is enough data to fill four pages. data needs to be sorted so that new names can be added alphabetically. in page setup on the sheet tab, try selecting "over, then down" as the page order. "Captainbob" wrote: > i have a list of names and dates comprising three columes in excel. How do i > print this list in an array two colums wide on 81/2x11 paper. i.e.: > ...

saving And rename source file
Hello I have a module that opens a master file that I get data from. is there a way to save the file in a different location with the date at the end of the file? the source is C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Reports\Master 2010.XLS I would like it to be C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Saved Reports\OCPOC - Master 2010 - Date.XLS Also if there is a file with the same date add a number of file Thanks, '/===============================/ Sub SaveMyFile() Dim blnFileExists As Boolean Dim i As Integer Dim strSave2File As String 'set up def...

named range problem
I have 5 sheets in a workbook. Each sheet has a column named "FunctCostCenter". I want to create a named range for "FunctCostCenter" on each sheet. I can't seem to get it to accept "FunctCostCenter" as a name for each sheet - if I do it manually or programmatically - it overwrites the previous address for "Notes". Here is my code that creats the named range: Sheets(tabname).Range(thisrange).Name = "FunctCostCenter" When I run it on sheet 1 it creates it for sheet 1. When I run it on sheet 2 it overwrites the previous and sets t...

Cannot Preview FIle
Why when in Outlook 200 or 2002 I try to insert/attach a file to a new email, when this process takes me to the file insert dialogue, can I NOT preview the file? Strange. Even Office docs cannot be viewed. All I get is file names and when I click on preview it says "file cannot be previewed". Rick ...

System error 53
Got laptop which boots from windows 95 into DOS. Loads network drivers etc. IP address is 10.1.99.7 (255.255.255.192) and gateway is 10.1.99.10. 10.1.99.10 is windows 2000 server with shares on. From laptop 10.1.99.7 (255.255.255.192) I can ping 10.1.99.10. However, if I do :- NET USE \\PXE-SERVER\SHARE1 or NET USE \\10.1.99.10\SHARE1 I get ERROR 53-Computer name specified in the network path cannot be found. How can this be? I've specified an IP address? On 15/01/2010 14:34, BertieBigBollox@gmail.com wrote: > Got laptop which boots from windows 95 into D...

Help on Unable to get the CurrentPage property of the PivotField class' using VBA
I want to read the selection made in the Page Field of a pivot using VBA. I am using something like following but getting error 'Number 1004 Unable to get the CurrentPage property of the PivotField class' Can you please help me in correcting this. Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Dim pvtTable As PivotTable Dim pvtField As PivotField Dim pvtItem As PivotItem Dim DefaultExists As Boolean Dim DefaultNum As Variant Dim FirstIncludedNum As Variant Set pvtTable = ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1) For i = 1 To pvtTable.PageFields.Count Set pvtField = p...

Re: how do i save a publisher file as read only so no one can chan
Assuming they could read it (i.e a pdf or jpg) it is simple. save and exit Publisher: select the file (in Windows Exploder), right click= , properties. Then check the box that says read only. > If they don't have Publisher, the recipients can't even open the file. = ;-) > > -- > > JoAnn Paules > MVP Microsoft [Publisher] > > ~~~~~ > How to ask a question > http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 > > > > > "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message > news:uKbLX3fRHHA.2256@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &...

Delete labels/names in formulas
Hi. For example, I have named A1:A100 as Range_A Later I would like to delete this name. How to do? Thanks. -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP <Insert> <Name> <Define> Select the name, and hit <Delete> -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" <x@x.com> wrote in message news:etocSehqFHA.1336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... Hi. For example, I hav...

Publisher 2000
XP Pro OS. when user logs on and runs publisher 2000 the publisher wizard catalog displays with error. cannot find wizard - rerun setup. If logged on as network admin it works fine. Gave user admin rights, reinstalled software using user logon, same result.(and it still worked using domain admin logon!)Anyone suggestions? Tim, What happens if you create a new profile with admin rights? Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >XP Pro OS. when user logs on and runs publisher 2000 the >publisher wizard catalog displays wit...

Viewing List of Named Ranges
Is there someway of being able to print a list of all the Named Ranges and their formulas in one long list? A way to do this could be to link the range formulas to various cells within a spreadsheet, and then just print that. Is that possible? Thanks Graham highlight any cell in unused portion insert-name-paste in the paste name window click <paste list> at the bottom this will give you all the names of the workbook and also what each name refers to. is this what you want. Graham Parkinson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:144901c4d932$403b8050$3...

VBA Save As problem with file that already exist
Hi! I have the following macro: Sub save() FN = Sheet1.Range("H30").Text ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & FN ActiveWorkbook.close End Sub that works correct except if I already have the file with the same name. In that case I got Excel message: A file named " ......... " already exists in this location. If I click 'No' or 'Cancel' the SaveAs gives me an error: Run-time error '1004' I don't want to use the Application.DisplayAlerts = False, because I want the user to be aware that there is a file a...

Error opening XLS file.
Hi group, I don�t konw if it�s a bug, or some wrong configuration, but while trying to open an attachment on Entourage 2004, it just does not open. So, to fix it, i�ve save the attachment on any folder, then open the attachment from the e-mail (that�s really strange, but that�s how it worked). Is there any fix to it? or something i�ve been doing wrong? Sorry for this newsbye question! Thanks, Rodolfo Fontes Just by the way, it's "newbie" for someone who is new, inexperienced, etc. :) What does happen when you double-click on the attachment in Entourage? I assume you ar...

Open a file without using Office Live?
How do I open an excel file without activating Office Live? I double click on the filename in windows explorer. Or I open excel (xl2003) and use File|open. You may want to explain what you're doing and what happens if this doesn't help. claredb2 wrote: > > How do I open an excel file without activating Office Live? -- Dave Peterson ...