Math Worksheet Database

I am interested in developing/acquiring an Access 2003 database to generate
(K-5 grade) math worksheets where I can track student results. I would hope
not to reinvent the wheel.

Thank you for any assistance.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Adding over 30 worksheets in a workbook
Happy Holidays! How can I SUM the value of the same cell located in over 30 worksheets in the same workbook to get a grand total of all those values? I currently get a message back stating my formula is too long. Appreciate the help! -- -E Hi, Try, =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet30!A44) Change A44 for the cell where the totals are If this helped you please say yes, thank you and Happy Holidays "-E" wrote: > Happy Holidays! How can I SUM the value of the same cell located in over 30 > worksheets in the same workbook to get a grand total of all those values? I > currently get ...

how can i re-sort multiple worksheets into alphabetical order
I have a barrowload of multiple worksheets, but now client wants them in a different order, is there, to save time, any way that Excel can re-sort them in Alphabetical order. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Stuart" <Stuart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7FD9545-A08D-40C0-AD00-0FF22ED6F0DE@microsoft.com... >I have a barrowload of multiple worksheets, but now client wants them in a > different order, is there, to save time, any way that Excel can re-sort > them > in Alphabetical ...

Is it possible to use XLST to set Excel worksheet margins, scaling?
Heres my problem: I am outputting XML from a dataset and using XSLT to format the output as HTML and the Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" directive to load the output as an Excel file running within the context of the browser. This works fine and the result is a nicely formatted Excel report. I was wondering if there was any way to also send additional formatting information like page margins and scaling. I've seen some examples of this using XMLSS but am not sure how to construct these types of commands in XSLT. Thanks for any help! Hello! > I am outputti...

Database Display
I'm new to Access 2007 and I'm sure this is easily sorted and I'm just being stupid! All of my forms and reports are maximised across the entire screen and there isn't a button to minimise them. I want to view them at the actual size that I've specified in their design, in their own window. Any ideas?? Tray: That is called the new Tabbed format. To change it to what you are used to, take a look at my little quick tutorial here: http://www.btabdevelopment.com/main/QuickTutorials/A2K7Howtochangefromtabbedforms/tabid/81/Default.aspx -- Bob Larson Access World Forums...

CORRUPT ACCESS DATABASE
I have a a serious problem I am failing to open the Access 2000 Database after Windows Advanced Server 2000 decided to close while the database was running. Its now coming up with an error " Invalid format or corupt file" Please assist I have tried so many ways but I have failed. Open Access 2000 and then go to Tools > Database Utilities > Compact and Repair Database. Supply the database name in the dialog that opens. If that fails you may need to get a copy of Jetcomp.exe from microsoft to see if it can repair the database. Post back if neither of those options work. --...

the row indicator at the top of worksheet from numerals to lette.
The row indicators for cell references are numeral instead of letters. How do I change the row indicator to letters? Tools - Options - General and uncheck 'R1C1 Reference Style' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany purple flower wrote: > The row indicators for cell references are numeral instead of > letters. How do I change the row indicator to letters? Tools-Options-General, then uncheck "R1C1 reference style". "purple flower" <purple flower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADA15756-CC1E-4D38-B506-6EBA156A3C71@microso...

Forget any DBMS database?
Question: RAM is getting cheaper every day. Researchers are announcing major breakthroughs in memory technology. Even today, servers with multi-gigabyte RAM are commonplace. For many systems, it's already feasible to keep all business objects in RAM. Why can't I simply do that and forget all the database hassle? Answer: You can, actually. http://www.advogato.org/article/398.html http://www.prevayler.org/wiki/ Is it safe? Do you know it? What do you think about? Thank you ...

Database Diagrams: Standard Version sufficient?
Dear all, I'm searching a tool for creating Database relationship diagrams. - No code generation required! I wonder if Visio 2003 STANDARD will be sufficient for this task? On the Visio homepage, MS says that the professional version, in contrast to the standard version, is capable of "Database diagrams and reverse engineering". So what exactly does this mean? Any help is highly appreciated Georg Scholz www.scholz-informatik.at reverse engineer refers to it's ability to connect to an existing database and draw the diagram vs. allowing the user to draw the diagram al ...

solution for database larger than 2 G
I know that MS Access has size limitation for 2 G. I would like to know are there any solution for size bigger than 2 G. Split the database in 2? Does it mean that i export the old data to a database and change the query to union 2 tables from different database? Change to SQL server? Does SQL server have any limitation for the size? Archived databse? Does it mean that I can have myDatabase2008, MyDatabase2007? It will have issue that generate report for a date range between 2007 and 2008? any other solutions or product to do this? Your information is great appreciated, SQL Serve...

Does anyone have a resume database in Access 2003?
I would like to be able to search by keyword, and be able to print them out in Chronological or Skills format. ...

Failed to process the Analysis Services database XX_Cube on the se
Hi All, I have issue with Project server 2007 (With SP2 & all latest updates) OLAP cube (No customization) . Cube use to build everyday but after we loaded almost 600+ resources (all valid NT users no Form based authentication) in system, Cube took almost 12 hours but finally returned the error : Error summary/areas: CBS message processor failed CBSOlapProcessingFailure Queue GeneralQueueJobFailed Error details: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <errinfo> <general> <class name="CBS message processor failed&quo...

Solution to hide database schema
Hi, Recently we have released DbDefence - a tool to completely and transparently encrypt database and log for SQL Server 2005 and 2008. It is much faster comparing with traditional extended procs approach. Backups encrypted too. It completely denies access to database and hides schema. More unique features available. Free for commercial use, time unlimited, ad-free version available for databases less than 77 MBs. System requirements: SQL Server 2005, 2008 (X86 and X64) www.DbDefence.com Thank you for attention. ...

amending an EXCEL worksheet
Firstly I have a worksheet with an array of single letters in each cell (they are grades for subjects in a school). I need to create a parallel worksheet where the letters are one grade higher than those in the original worksheet, i.e. if in cell A1 of the original worksheet there is the letter C I need the the new worksheet to ahve in cell A1 the letter B. Any ideas? Secondly I have another worksheet where the entries are numbers and letters i.e. 6b. I need to create a parallel worksheet where all the entries have moved up one level so 6b would go to 7b etc... The only letters in use a...

Adding Multiple Worksheets
Hi Guys, I hope someone can solve this one for me. I have 6 worksheets (which will grow to about 20) which I want to add together to form a total in my totals worksheet. So I have:- Wk1 Wk2 Wk3 Wk4 Wk5 Total The formula I have used in my totals worksheet is:- =SUM('Wk1:Wk6'!C5:F200) This works but the total is double, so if I put 1 in Wk1 as a test, I get 2 in the total page. I think it's something to do with the fact that's it's adding itself again but I'm not sure why. Can someone help me and show me the light!? Thanks a lot. Is the total worksheet outside ...

Compacting Access database
Hello. I have several access 2003 databases that are placed on a network Fileshare. All of these databases have "Compact on Close" option selected. When i close the database, the compacting process starts, the db1.mdb temporary db is created, but when the process ends this temporary db isn't deleted and the size of the original database remains the same. When i do this operation on the local disk, this doesn't happen. Can anyone give me a hint on this issue? Thanks Luis First off do yourself a favor and turn Compact on Close off. Manually compact once ...

Compare 2 worksheets
I have two work sheets that contain bill of material information of about 3000 component items required to build a system. There have been updates to the bill of material therefore, I need to compare the two worksheets and create a detailed list of changes or updates from the 3/9 bill of material to the 3/30 bill of material created. All of the columns headers are the same are the same for both worksheets, however there may be some added or subtracted rows or just additional information populated into the columns that were already in place such as Revision level in row 1 column ...

format report like excel worksheet
dearfriends, I have an report based on selectqry with subreports in it now how to format it like excell worksheet so that iwill get very neat columns and rows in print out ,@present access report is not generating such report how to do it please When you choose 'New Report', then Auto Report: Tabular and base this on a table or query, it will produce a report similar to 'excel' with column headings and data in rows. The "cells" will be spaced a small amount apart. To make the columns adjacent, just select all fields in one column and set their left prop...

Automatic Database Backup
Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so how, or where, can I get information on this? Hi There are a few way to do this. I have windows scheuler doing this on all my databases (at 1 min past midnight each day). Open Scheduled Tasks (it's in the control panel). It's very simple and not likely to go wrong -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Ayo" wrote: > Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so > how, or where, can I get information on this? Thanks Wayne. So I take it that, there is no way t...

How to Sort Merged cells for worksheet?
I'm looking for away to sort rows using VBA with merged cells. Columns A - C Rows in column A are merged (Value defines a group of rows) Rows in B,C are not merged, and are associated with the Meged group in column A I'm trying to sort by the value in column A, and keep all associated rows together Example: Group 1 A1:A5 are merged with a value of '1' (value of A1) Column B1:C5 are not merged Group 2 A6:A15 are merged with a value of '3' (value of A6) Column B6:C15 are not merged Group 3 A16:A20 are merged with a value of '2' (value of A16) ...

help with worksheet with access
I have a large worksheet which I enter a reference number and some details for that reference, I would like to be able to store this in maybe access then when I enter the reference is re entered I can edit the values. any ideas?> I guess I'm confused about what the question is... You can create tables in Access with spreadsheet data, but you should normalize the data before loading the tables. Once spreadsheet could be several normalized tables. It isn't always a good idea to just take a spreadsheet and create a table out of it. You may run into problems later when yo...

querydef locking up a database
Has anyone heard of opening a shared database, but changing a querydef (with vba) setting it to exclusive? Access 2003 run-time? "SmartbizAustralia" <tom@smartbiz.com.au> wrote in message news:88619166-dde7-4589-aa3a-8ff9021a5e62@m27g2000prl.googlegroups.com... > Has anyone heard of opening a shared database, but changing a querydef > (with vba) setting it to exclusive? Access 2003 run-time? jkjkj "SmartbizAustralia" <tom@smartbiz.com.au> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : 88619166-dde7-4589-aa3a-8ff9021a5e62@m27g2000prl...

Can I plot in excel the last entries of database automatically????
I'm trying to create a chart that automatically will chart the last 90 entries of a list of information (containing only numbers) without having to change the range every time. Please any suggestions???? Hi, Have a look at Jon's example, hopefully you can modify to suit your data. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html Cheers Andy tiw wrote: > I'm trying to create a chart that automatically will chart the last 90 > entries of a list of information (containing only numbers) without having to > change the range every time. Please any suggestions????...

Grouping worksheets #2
Grouping Worksheet tabs - Need the view for each sheet to be synchronized like Lotus does -- Mark Jim Rech posted this: http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=eGtL9Sbu%24GA.207%40cppssbbsa03 It may do what you want (well, if you change it to Trues). And I think that I've seen posts that this is built into xl2003. (but not sure) Mark wrote: > > Grouping Worksheet tabs - Need the view for each sheet to be synchronized > like Lotus does > -- > Mark -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

how do i use sumif when linking worksheet #2
i want to summarise data A B C in a column of x worksheet and show the total to another worksheet in differnt coloums.. m using excel 2000 as in a maybe something like: =sumif(sheet2!a:a,b1,sheet2!x:x) anushri wrote: > > i want to summarise data A B C in a column of x worksheet and show the total > to another worksheet in differnt coloums.. > > m using excel 2000 as in a -- Dave Peterson ...

CRM Database Schema
We are using Microsoft SQL Reporting Services to write reports for Microsoft CRM and I am wondering if anyone knows where there is some good documentation for understanding the database schema and the relationships between tables. Thank you in advance. If you add the tables into a DB Diagram in Enterprise Manager it will automatically show links between the tables that are based on the FK's between them. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 10:05:02 -0500, "Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote: We are ...